- 6,820 Posts. Joined 4/2002
- Location: Ottawa, Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphone for me?!!? Last post on 12/28/13 at 9:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Second Headphones Advise Please!! Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Website to buy headphones? Last post on 3/22/13 at 12:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
It’s not often I have the absolute pleasure of listening to headphones such as the MA750i. It’s been more than a year since I’ve gotten my Macaw GT100s, and several months since I’ve lost...
Review Of The Remax RM-S1 IEM 06/28/16 So like many I'm not exactly into a super flat sound signature. I like some bass at times, actually pretty much all the time. I own flat...
Introduction – Westone separate their universal range of iems into two categories, the consumer W series and the more professionally orientated UM Pro series that were designed for use during live...
First of all, I would like to thank Dimitri Trush, CEO of the MusicaAcoustics for providing me review sample of Oriolus in exchange of my honest opinion. Oriolus’ official website:...
These are easily the best headphones I have. They are a strange set in that they have a nice flat neutral sound signature that gives great detailed mids and highs, but have great sub and mid bass,...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 511post #7651 of 110857/2/13 at 5:42amHD800 and LCD-3 I use low gain and listen around 12 o'clock.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7652 of 110857/2/13 at 6:28amQuote:Originally Posted by AnakChan
Who did you buy your Audeze from??
Room40 had an issue with his and he got refunded for his shipping. He bought this through ALO I believe.
Thanks for the info AnakChan (In Australia, you're known as a Top Bloke)
Bought it off a Head Fi member. Where is Room40 from though?
I'll be extremely pleased if Audeze refund the $152 AUD, I don't mind paying for the return $40 USD.post #7653 of 110857/2/13 at 7:52am
I had a very different nickname in high school (Perth).
Doing a quick search here on HF, at least the LCD-2 warranties are transferable. I don't see why the LCD-3's won't be :-
I assume you've reached out to their support already. Can't tell if they do or don't pay for shipping based on :-
vspost #7654 of 110857/2/13 at 8:38ampost #7655 of 110857/2/13 at 8:46amQuote:
The leather on my headband also slides back and forth on the metal base. Just a bit, maybe 1/4 inch. Same late May batch as yours (iirc). My LCD-2's didn't do that. It's one more thing to creak and move therefore making noise while wearing.
Not a big problem...I'm not going to send them in to fix just that, but if they ever have to go back any other issue I will ask to have that fixed.post #7656 of 110857/2/13 at 9:10ampost #7657 of 110857/2/13 at 4:29pmpost #7658 of 110857/2/13 at 4:42pm
Nothing does the shoulder check thing like the HD800. That said the LCD-3 stage is spread wide from left to right front to back, no 3 blob, and more focused where the HD800 focus is softer. The big difference is side by side the LCD-3 just sounds less compressed, more natural and the difference in bass presence is something that can't be seen on the freq resp chart. For a diet of mostly alternative/punk types... no contest ON THIS RIG. Comfort, I'll take the HD800 though.post #7659 of 110857/2/13 at 6:23pmQuote:
Mach3 im in Perth and bought my LCD3s from ALO at Xmas 2012. Faulty driver on arrival and I paid AusPost ~160 to return them. ALO then returned them to Audeze and upon inspection found to be faulty and I was sent a new pair (different serial) and was refunded the $160. Hope that helpspost #7660 of 110857/2/13 at 7:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by Room40
Mach3 im in Perth and bought my LCD3s from ALO at Xmas 2012. Faulty driver on arrival and I paid AusPost ~160 to return them. ALO then returned them to Audeze and upon inspection found to be faulty and I was sent a new pair (different serial) and was refunded the $160. Hope that helps
Thanks for the info. LCD come with 3 year warranty right.post #7661 of 110857/2/13 at 9:01pm
What are some good amp and dac combo for the LCD-3's?
It'd be nice to have one, not too costly, for say bedroom rig or being able to move it around the house. Taking and moving speaker amps along with a separate DAC around the house is a bit of a pain at times. Also, the space saved is an added bonus.
Also, does anyone have any experience with Audio GD Compass (the original version and not Compass 2) and how it would work with it.
Edited by Zoom25 - 7/2/13 at 9:02pmpost #7662 of 110857/3/13 at 2:42ampost #7663 of 110857/3/13 at 2:45ampost #7664 of 110857/3/13 at 3:23amProud owner of new LCD-3s! Wow, amazing headphones. Upgraded from Beyer T1s and driving from WA2. Was afraid WA2s wouldn't drive them well but so far so gooooood - many thanks to Ardilla's great review of the LCD3s with the WA2 and WA22. So smooth, the bass, omg the bass so smooth but powerful, yet not overpowering. And yes it has brought down the sharp trebles I was hearing on the T1s. Beautiful sound. I'll upgrade the amp in a year or so, when the Mrs has forgotten about the price of these phones ><<br />
If you'll excuse me I need to listen to my whole music library tonight...post #7665 of 110857/3/13 at 4:15amQuote:Originally Posted by aive
Proud owner of new LCD-3s! Wow, amazing headphones. Upgraded from Beyer T1s and driving from WA2. Was afraid WA2s wouldn't drive them well but so far so gooooood - many thanks to Ardilla's great review of the LCD3s with the WA2 and WA22. So smooth, the bass, omg the bass so smooth but powerful, yet not overpowering. And yes it has brought down the sharp trebles I was hearing on the T1s. Beautiful sound. I'll upgrade the amp in a year or so, when the Mrs has forgotten about the price of these phones ><
If you'll excuse me I need to listen to my whole music library tonight...
oh yeah! congrats. i'm breaking in my pair and keep getting "wowed" by recordings I've known for decades. how sweet it it is...
- New Audeze LCD3
- Headphone Impedance
- › Headphones or IEMS for melodic death metal under 150usd 29 seconds ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 37 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 41 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Best sub-30$ CHINESE brands EARPHONES thread- Hidden Gems, Personal... 2 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Marley Legend In Ear - Surprisingly Strong Performer - Balanced... 4 minutes ago
- › RHA MA750i by Cinder
- › RM-S1 Wired Sport Headset Stereo Headphone Earphone For iPhone 6... by Redcarmoose
- › Westone Um Pro 50 Clear Earbuds by ryanjsoo
- › Oriolus In-Ear Monitors (v2) by Aerosphere
- › SoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphone by harry501501
- › Audio-Opus Opus#1 by musicday
- › Wired 3.5MM Headphones Earphones, Ghostek® Turbine Series Wired... by Cinder
- › Cleer DU High-Definition Dual Driver Headphone by moedawg140
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by thingol
- › Effect Audio Thor Coper IEM Upgrade Cable by Vitor Valeri
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...