- 6,478 Posts. Joined 4/2002
- Location: Ottawa, Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphone for me?!!? Last post on 12/28/13 at 9:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Second Headphones Advise Please!! Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 11/1/14 at 5:47am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Disclaimer First of all, I would like to thank Audrey and the Brainwavz team for allowing me to review their S1 IEMs. I would also like to clarify that I am neither an affiliate of Brainwavz...
Overview The Alien is a well-priced (~$250 AUD), compact, screenless player that plays only WAV and FLAC files – no MP3, no AAC, just the two major lossless options. For some people that will...
Shure SRH840, are a value filled set of extraordinary headphones, worth every single coin you spend on it. The bass register is perfect for any genre of song you play through you...
I got the Sennheiser HD-598 based on all the existing rave reviews. It's amazingly comfortable. That's all the good I can say about it. I just hate the sound. Okay, I am no "audiophile". I am...
This is a good amplifier in my limited experience, *but*, it might not better than some of the leading solid-state competitors in this price range ($500-600). I haven't compared it too, for...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 511post #7651 of 98807/2/13 at 5:42amHD800 and LCD-3 I use low gain and listen around 12 o'clock.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7652 of 98807/2/13 at 6:28amQuote:Originally Posted by AnakChan
Who did you buy your Audeze from??
Room40 had an issue with his and he got refunded for his shipping. He bought this through ALO I believe.
Thanks for the info AnakChan (In Australia, you're known as a Top Bloke)
Bought it off a Head Fi member. Where is Room40 from though?
I'll be extremely pleased if Audeze refund the $152 AUD, I don't mind paying for the return $40 USD.post #7653 of 98807/2/13 at 7:52am
I had a very different nickname in high school (Perth).
Doing a quick search here on HF, at least the LCD-2 warranties are transferable. I don't see why the LCD-3's won't be :-
I assume you've reached out to their support already. Can't tell if they do or don't pay for shipping based on :-
vspost #7654 of 98807/2/13 at 8:38ampost #7655 of 98807/2/13 at 8:46amQuote:
The leather on my headband also slides back and forth on the metal base. Just a bit, maybe 1/4 inch. Same late May batch as yours (iirc). My LCD-2's didn't do that. It's one more thing to creak and move therefore making noise while wearing.
Not a big problem...I'm not going to send them in to fix just that, but if they ever have to go back any other issue I will ask to have that fixed.post #7656 of 98807/2/13 at 9:10ampost #7657 of 98807/2/13 at 4:29pmpost #7658 of 98807/2/13 at 4:42pm
Nothing does the shoulder check thing like the HD800. That said the LCD-3 stage is spread wide from left to right front to back, no 3 blob, and more focused where the HD800 focus is softer. The big difference is side by side the LCD-3 just sounds less compressed, more natural and the difference in bass presence is something that can't be seen on the freq resp chart. For a diet of mostly alternative/punk types... no contest ON THIS RIG. Comfort, I'll take the HD800 though.post #7659 of 98807/2/13 at 6:23pmQuote:
Mach3 im in Perth and bought my LCD3s from ALO at Xmas 2012. Faulty driver on arrival and I paid AusPost ~160 to return them. ALO then returned them to Audeze and upon inspection found to be faulty and I was sent a new pair (different serial) and was refunded the $160. Hope that helpspost #7660 of 98807/2/13 at 7:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by Room40
Mach3 im in Perth and bought my LCD3s from ALO at Xmas 2012. Faulty driver on arrival and I paid AusPost ~160 to return them. ALO then returned them to Audeze and upon inspection found to be faulty and I was sent a new pair (different serial) and was refunded the $160. Hope that helps
Thanks for the info. LCD come with 3 year warranty right.post #7661 of 98807/2/13 at 9:01pm
What are some good amp and dac combo for the LCD-3's?
It'd be nice to have one, not too costly, for say bedroom rig or being able to move it around the house. Taking and moving speaker amps along with a separate DAC around the house is a bit of a pain at times. Also, the space saved is an added bonus.
Also, does anyone have any experience with Audio GD Compass (the original version and not Compass 2) and how it would work with it.
Edited by Zoom25 - 7/2/13 at 9:02pmpost #7662 of 98807/3/13 at 2:42ampost #7663 of 98807/3/13 at 2:45ampost #7664 of 98807/3/13 at 3:23amProud owner of new LCD-3s! Wow, amazing headphones. Upgraded from Beyer T1s and driving from WA2. Was afraid WA2s wouldn't drive them well but so far so gooooood - many thanks to Ardilla's great review of the LCD3s with the WA2 and WA22. So smooth, the bass, omg the bass so smooth but powerful, yet not overpowering. And yes it has brought down the sharp trebles I was hearing on the T1s. Beautiful sound. I'll upgrade the amp in a year or so, when the Mrs has forgotten about the price of these phones ><<br />
If you'll excuse me I need to listen to my whole music library tonight...post #7665 of 98807/3/13 at 4:15amQuote:Originally Posted by aive
Proud owner of new LCD-3s! Wow, amazing headphones. Upgraded from Beyer T1s and driving from WA2. Was afraid WA2s wouldn't drive them well but so far so gooooood - many thanks to Ardilla's great review of the LCD3s with the WA2 and WA22. So smooth, the bass, omg the bass so smooth but powerful, yet not overpowering. And yes it has brought down the sharp trebles I was hearing on the T1s. Beautiful sound. I'll upgrade the amp in a year or so, when the Mrs has forgotten about the price of these phones ><
If you'll excuse me I need to listen to my whole music library tonight...
oh yeah! congrats. i'm breaking in my pair and keep getting "wowed" by recordings I've known for decades. how sweet it it is...
- New Audeze LCD3
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › The Schiitstorm: Next-Gen Magni 2 and Modi 2 Family! 9 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 24 seconds ago
- › New M8 DAC from SMSL (9018/XMOS) 49 seconds ago
- › Bluedio HT H-Turbine 57mm Driver BT Headphones review 2 minutes ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 3 minutes ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 3 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 4 minutes ago
- › New Nagra HD DAC 4 minutes ago
- › Fulla (by) Schiit - News, photos, thoughts, impressions, etc. 6 minutes ago
- › Inside Sennheiser Factory,How the HD800 are made. 6 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S1 by thatBeatsguy
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by Loquah
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundScout
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MyFamilyShoppin
- › Lehmann Rhinelander by jdpark
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kigisaru
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)