- 6,399 Posts. Joined 4/2002
- Location: Ottawa, Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on Today at 12:25 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 or LCD2 - questions about long-term comfort and longevity Last post on Today at 12:39 am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Before I begin, I’d like to thank shotgunshane for the opportunity to review these new headphones. My first experience with Brainwavz was when I picked up their M4 a couple of years ago. I was...
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 511post #7651 of 95367/2/13 at 5:42amHD800 and LCD-3 I use low gain and listen around 12 o'clock.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7652 of 95367/2/13 at 6:28amQuote:Originally Posted by AnakChan
Who did you buy your Audeze from??
Room40 had an issue with his and he got refunded for his shipping. He bought this through ALO I believe.
Thanks for the info AnakChan (In Australia, you're known as a Top Bloke)
Bought it off a Head Fi member. Where is Room40 from though?
I'll be extremely pleased if Audeze refund the $152 AUD, I don't mind paying for the return $40 USD.post #7653 of 95367/2/13 at 7:52am
I had a very different nickname in high school (Perth).
Doing a quick search here on HF, at least the LCD-2 warranties are transferable. I don't see why the LCD-3's won't be :-
I assume you've reached out to their support already. Can't tell if they do or don't pay for shipping based on :-
vspost #7654 of 95367/2/13 at 8:38ampost #7655 of 95367/2/13 at 8:46amQuote:
The leather on my headband also slides back and forth on the metal base. Just a bit, maybe 1/4 inch. Same late May batch as yours (iirc). My LCD-2's didn't do that. It's one more thing to creak and move therefore making noise while wearing.
Not a big problem...I'm not going to send them in to fix just that, but if they ever have to go back any other issue I will ask to have that fixed.post #7656 of 95367/2/13 at 9:10ampost #7657 of 95367/2/13 at 4:29pmpost #7658 of 95367/2/13 at 4:42pm
Nothing does the shoulder check thing like the HD800. That said the LCD-3 stage is spread wide from left to right front to back, no 3 blob, and more focused where the HD800 focus is softer. The big difference is side by side the LCD-3 just sounds less compressed, more natural and the difference in bass presence is something that can't be seen on the freq resp chart. For a diet of mostly alternative/punk types... no contest ON THIS RIG. Comfort, I'll take the HD800 though.post #7659 of 95367/2/13 at 6:23pmQuote:
Mach3 im in Perth and bought my LCD3s from ALO at Xmas 2012. Faulty driver on arrival and I paid AusPost ~160 to return them. ALO then returned them to Audeze and upon inspection found to be faulty and I was sent a new pair (different serial) and was refunded the $160. Hope that helpspost #7660 of 95367/2/13 at 7:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by Room40
Mach3 im in Perth and bought my LCD3s from ALO at Xmas 2012. Faulty driver on arrival and I paid AusPost ~160 to return them. ALO then returned them to Audeze and upon inspection found to be faulty and I was sent a new pair (different serial) and was refunded the $160. Hope that helps
Thanks for the info. LCD come with 3 year warranty right.post #7661 of 95367/2/13 at 9:01pm
What are some good amp and dac combo for the LCD-3's?
It'd be nice to have one, not too costly, for say bedroom rig or being able to move it around the house. Taking and moving speaker amps along with a separate DAC around the house is a bit of a pain at times. Also, the space saved is an added bonus.
Also, does anyone have any experience with Audio GD Compass (the original version and not Compass 2) and how it would work with it.
Edited by Zoom25 - 7/2/13 at 9:02pmpost #7662 of 95367/3/13 at 2:42ampost #7663 of 95367/3/13 at 2:45ampost #7664 of 95367/3/13 at 3:23amProud owner of new LCD-3s! Wow, amazing headphones. Upgraded from Beyer T1s and driving from WA2. Was afraid WA2s wouldn't drive them well but so far so gooooood - many thanks to Ardilla's great review of the LCD3s with the WA2 and WA22. So smooth, the bass, omg the bass so smooth but powerful, yet not overpowering. And yes it has brought down the sharp trebles I was hearing on the T1s. Beautiful sound. I'll upgrade the amp in a year or so, when the Mrs has forgotten about the price of these phones ><<br />
If you'll excuse me I need to listen to my whole music library tonight...post #7665 of 95367/3/13 at 4:15amQuote:Originally Posted by aive
Proud owner of new LCD-3s! Wow, amazing headphones. Upgraded from Beyer T1s and driving from WA2. Was afraid WA2s wouldn't drive them well but so far so gooooood - many thanks to Ardilla's great review of the LCD3s with the WA2 and WA22. So smooth, the bass, omg the bass so smooth but powerful, yet not overpowering. And yes it has brought down the sharp trebles I was hearing on the T1s. Beautiful sound. I'll upgrade the amp in a year or so, when the Mrs has forgotten about the price of these phones ><
If you'll excuse me I need to listen to my whole music library tonight...
oh yeah! congrats. i'm breaking in my pair and keep getting "wowed" by recordings I've known for decades. how sweet it it is...
- New Audeze LCD3
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Audio-GD Master 9 [Free shipping] 1 minute ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 4 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 4 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio Studio Six Reviews and Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › $200-$300 over ear heaphones for Thrash/Heavy metal 5 minutes ago
- › I got kicked out of Stereo Exchange 6 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ZapX629
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)