- 6,820 Posts. Joined 4/2002
- Location: Ottawa, Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphone for me?!!? Last post on 12/28/13 at 9:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Second Headphones Advise Please!! Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Website to buy headphones? Last post on 3/22/13 at 12:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
RHA CL750 – initial impressions Reid Heath Audio are a Scotland-based manufacturer who will be familiar to iFans, with their T10i and T20i all-metal IEMs being prominently displayed in...
Website: LINK Product page: LINK Price: $50 + Shipping The package… The cable arrives in a small cardboard box and just the cable well wrapped inside. Nothing...
The new Crusher wireless from Skullcandy is a great improvement on the old Skullcrushers. The most noticeable improvement is NO EXTERNAL BATTERIES which is very important because a person can spend...
I have been using this for over a year now and use it nearly daily. Extremely versatile component can be used not only for mobile play, but also line out to my receiver (don't yet have funds for...
I purchased these headphones based on reviews, specifications, and looks and I am not disappointed in the least. The initial comfort for the headphones was good, but it took some adjusting to stop...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 511post #7651 of 113187/2/13 at 5:42amHD800 and LCD-3 I use low gain and listen around 12 o'clock.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7652 of 113187/2/13 at 6:28amQuote:Originally Posted by AnakChan
Who did you buy your Audeze from??
Room40 had an issue with his and he got refunded for his shipping. He bought this through ALO I believe.
Thanks for the info AnakChan (In Australia, you're known as a Top Bloke)
Bought it off a Head Fi member. Where is Room40 from though?
I'll be extremely pleased if Audeze refund the $152 AUD, I don't mind paying for the return $40 USD.post #7653 of 113187/2/13 at 7:52am
I had a very different nickname in high school (Perth).
Doing a quick search here on HF, at least the LCD-2 warranties are transferable. I don't see why the LCD-3's won't be :-
I assume you've reached out to their support already. Can't tell if they do or don't pay for shipping based on :-
vspost #7654 of 113187/2/13 at 8:38ampost #7655 of 113187/2/13 at 8:46amQuote:
The leather on my headband also slides back and forth on the metal base. Just a bit, maybe 1/4 inch. Same late May batch as yours (iirc). My LCD-2's didn't do that. It's one more thing to creak and move therefore making noise while wearing.
Not a big problem...I'm not going to send them in to fix just that, but if they ever have to go back any other issue I will ask to have that fixed.post #7656 of 113187/2/13 at 9:10ampost #7657 of 113187/2/13 at 4:29pmpost #7658 of 113187/2/13 at 4:42pm
Nothing does the shoulder check thing like the HD800. That said the LCD-3 stage is spread wide from left to right front to back, no 3 blob, and more focused where the HD800 focus is softer. The big difference is side by side the LCD-3 just sounds less compressed, more natural and the difference in bass presence is something that can't be seen on the freq resp chart. For a diet of mostly alternative/punk types... no contest ON THIS RIG. Comfort, I'll take the HD800 though.post #7659 of 113187/2/13 at 6:23pmQuote:
Mach3 im in Perth and bought my LCD3s from ALO at Xmas 2012. Faulty driver on arrival and I paid AusPost ~160 to return them. ALO then returned them to Audeze and upon inspection found to be faulty and I was sent a new pair (different serial) and was refunded the $160. Hope that helpspost #7660 of 113187/2/13 at 7:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by Room40
Mach3 im in Perth and bought my LCD3s from ALO at Xmas 2012. Faulty driver on arrival and I paid AusPost ~160 to return them. ALO then returned them to Audeze and upon inspection found to be faulty and I was sent a new pair (different serial) and was refunded the $160. Hope that helps
Thanks for the info. LCD come with 3 year warranty right.post #7661 of 113187/2/13 at 9:01pm
What are some good amp and dac combo for the LCD-3's?
It'd be nice to have one, not too costly, for say bedroom rig or being able to move it around the house. Taking and moving speaker amps along with a separate DAC around the house is a bit of a pain at times. Also, the space saved is an added bonus.
Also, does anyone have any experience with Audio GD Compass (the original version and not Compass 2) and how it would work with it.
Edited by Zoom25 - 7/2/13 at 9:02pmpost #7662 of 113187/3/13 at 2:42ampost #7663 of 113187/3/13 at 2:45ampost #7664 of 113187/3/13 at 3:23amProud owner of new LCD-3s! Wow, amazing headphones. Upgraded from Beyer T1s and driving from WA2. Was afraid WA2s wouldn't drive them well but so far so gooooood - many thanks to Ardilla's great review of the LCD3s with the WA2 and WA22. So smooth, the bass, omg the bass so smooth but powerful, yet not overpowering. And yes it has brought down the sharp trebles I was hearing on the T1s. Beautiful sound. I'll upgrade the amp in a year or so, when the Mrs has forgotten about the price of these phones ><<br />
If you'll excuse me I need to listen to my whole music library tonight...post #7665 of 113187/3/13 at 4:15amQuote:Originally Posted by aive
Proud owner of new LCD-3s! Wow, amazing headphones. Upgraded from Beyer T1s and driving from WA2. Was afraid WA2s wouldn't drive them well but so far so gooooood - many thanks to Ardilla's great review of the LCD3s with the WA2 and WA22. So smooth, the bass, omg the bass so smooth but powerful, yet not overpowering. And yes it has brought down the sharp trebles I was hearing on the T1s. Beautiful sound. I'll upgrade the amp in a year or so, when the Mrs has forgotten about the price of these phones ><
If you'll excuse me I need to listen to my whole music library tonight...
oh yeah! congrats. i'm breaking in my pair and keep getting "wowed" by recordings I've known for decades. how sweet it it is...
- New Audeze LCD3
- Headphone Impedance
- › Schiit Mani 25 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 34 seconds ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 57 seconds ago
- › Elekit TU-8200 DX Headphone/Speaker Amp Review 1 minute ago
- › Topping D30 DSD DAC XMOS/CS4398 1 minute ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 2 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 2 minutes ago
- › Which is better: Sennheiser HD800S or Ether Flow? 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › RHA CL750 by Jackpot77
- › MEE audio - MMCX SILVER-PLATED CABLE by Zelda
- › Skullcandy Crusher Wireless Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphone with Mic -... by fusiondragon
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by mokler
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by mokler
- › Noble Audio Encore Universal flagship in-ear monitor by WCDchee
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Saraguie
- › Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier by td2004
- › Blue Ever Blue Model 1001 by B9Scrambler
- › Brainwavz B150 by dnun8086
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear