Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 11/12/13 at 5:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 or LCD2 - questions about long-term comfort and longevity Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:23pm in High-end Audio Forum
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
Edit1: Supposedly you have to burn this in for a while and you have to leave it on constantly to warm up or whatever according to the manual, but I wrote the review below after only about an hour...
The best phones I've tried so far. I tried some well-burnt-in beyerdynamic and others in similar price range in a store, and I have owned the 601 before. I also own closed cans, e.g. the K271, and...
First of all, a big THANK YOU to @svyr and @H20Fidelity for organising this Australian tour. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included in this...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 508post #7606 of 89776/27/13 at 4:17pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7607 of 89776/27/13 at 4:21pmQuote:
Bass extension is so good on this one. there seems to be a bigger cut at lower treble region? I guess this pair will be very musical ;)post #7608 of 89776/27/13 at 5:28pm
I'd like to chime in with my experiences with the LCD3. First off, based on a few pages back and the many problems encountered with this product, I would definitely advise you to buy directly from Audez'e if you want quality and service. Buying off other people can come back to bite you.
My first pair was bought from a friend and was RMA'd so I didn't think it was of concern that it sounded too dark for me. I ended up selling them as I preferred my HD800's and HE6 to it on my rig. A couple months later I had an urge to buy another pair of LCD3's as the renewed hype got to me, and to my surprise; this pair was more airy and microdynamics seemed more apparent (my system had not changed one bit).
These were about a year newer, and definitely sounded better to me. I felt they were more accurate and technically more capable. Ultimately I ended up selling them again because I prefer the same two headphones, but I definitely have to say it's a fantastic headphone and it's very musically engaging.
All this to say that their product does vary, imo somewhat significantly, and that if you're to buy one; buy one brand new!post #7609 of 89776/27/13 at 6:19pmpost #7610 of 89776/27/13 at 11:22pmQuote:
Here's my LCD-3's, also from late May 2013.
Just for fun and comparison:
Edited by thegrobe - 6/27/13 at 11:47pmpost #7611 of 89776/28/13 at 1:38ampost #7612 of 89776/28/13 at 2:55ampost #7613 of 89776/28/13 at 2:58am
Yes, and that's why the LCD-3 was the only one I wanted for "end-game" coming from an HD650. It's a huge leap in terms of price, but I just felt it would be all I liked in the Senns without what I didn't.
And, oh my, I was right :)post #7614 of 89776/28/13 at 3:08ampost #7615 of 89776/28/13 at 3:54amQuote:
You already have the LCD-2. You wouldn't be surprised by the sound of LCD-3's.post #7616 of 89776/28/13 at 4:08amQuote:
I had the HD650's too, twice, and I don't consider my LCD2.2's to sound anything like the HD650's I had.post #7617 of 89776/28/13 at 6:42ampost #7618 of 89776/28/13 at 7:08ampost #7619 of 89776/28/13 at 8:13amQuote:
I had the opportunity to try a balanced HD650 on my system a few months ago and although it was the best I have ever heard them they still sounded nothing like my LCD2.2's.
Still significantly darker, slower sounding with a distinct lack of high treble and low bass, the HD650's that is.post #7620 of 89776/28/13 at 8:28am
Absolutely but where they track evenly on the freq resp, the tone will be the same level. It won't be as fast, linear, impactful or anything else but tone for tone the volume is the same where it tracks. Presentation is completely different.
- New Audeze LCD3
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 3 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 4 minutes ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 5 minutes ago
- › High Definition iTunes Music Downloads May Be on the Horizon 7 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 7 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 8 minutes ago
- › 8 years ago . . . 9 minutes ago
- › Over ears help, 11 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 11 minutes ago
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › Burson Audio - Conductor SL 9018 - Headphone Amp and DAC by ag8908
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by Ultramus
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Skullcandy Fix In Ear Headphone With 3 Button Remote - White / Chrome by killeraxemannic
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob