Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphone for me?!!? Last post on 12/28/13 at 9:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Second Headphones Advise Please!! Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Website to buy headphones? Last post on 3/22/13 at 12:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 7/28/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The KZ-ED9 is one of the best in-ear phones i ever heard. Tried a lot and spend a lot on very expensives ie earphones. This one is my favorite, very detailed sound! Use it with the Ibasso Dx90 and...
I don't really want to talk about the use of these for music. They were once the king under $100, and still are very good for the price -- but the best low-end headphones today would give all but...
Photo courtesy of Onsong Audio INTRODUCTION I recently tested out two battery-powered DAC/Amp solutions for getting better audio out of my iPhone, the Cayin C5DAC and Shanling H3. When I...
PIONEER HRM-7 REVIEW The Pioneer HRM-7 is what seems to be Pioneers first entry into the professional studio realm. Previously Pioneer has been very involved in providing almost everything a DJ...
Pros: Comfort, build quality, sub-bass quality, multiple sound tunings. Cons: Shouty upper mids Tonal Balance: Warm to balanced depending on ports. Style: Closed over-ear Listening...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 508post #7606 of 106366/27/13 at 4:17pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7607 of 106366/27/13 at 4:21pmQuote:
Bass extension is so good on this one. there seems to be a bigger cut at lower treble region? I guess this pair will be very musical ;)post #7608 of 106366/27/13 at 5:28pm
I'd like to chime in with my experiences with the LCD3. First off, based on a few pages back and the many problems encountered with this product, I would definitely advise you to buy directly from Audez'e if you want quality and service. Buying off other people can come back to bite you.
My first pair was bought from a friend and was RMA'd so I didn't think it was of concern that it sounded too dark for me. I ended up selling them as I preferred my HD800's and HE6 to it on my rig. A couple months later I had an urge to buy another pair of LCD3's as the renewed hype got to me, and to my surprise; this pair was more airy and microdynamics seemed more apparent (my system had not changed one bit).
These were about a year newer, and definitely sounded better to me. I felt they were more accurate and technically more capable. Ultimately I ended up selling them again because I prefer the same two headphones, but I definitely have to say it's a fantastic headphone and it's very musically engaging.
All this to say that their product does vary, imo somewhat significantly, and that if you're to buy one; buy one brand new!post #7609 of 106366/27/13 at 6:19pmpost #7610 of 106366/27/13 at 11:22pmQuote:
Here's my LCD-3's, also from late May 2013.
Just for fun and comparison:
Edited by thegrobe - 6/27/13 at 11:47pmpost #7611 of 106366/28/13 at 1:38ampost #7612 of 106366/28/13 at 2:55ampost #7613 of 106366/28/13 at 2:58am
Yes, and that's why the LCD-3 was the only one I wanted for "end-game" coming from an HD650. It's a huge leap in terms of price, but I just felt it would be all I liked in the Senns without what I didn't.
And, oh my, I was right :)post #7614 of 106366/28/13 at 3:08ampost #7615 of 106366/28/13 at 3:54amQuote:
You already have the LCD-2. You wouldn't be surprised by the sound of LCD-3's.post #7616 of 106366/28/13 at 4:08amQuote:
I had the HD650's too, twice, and I don't consider my LCD2.2's to sound anything like the HD650's I had.post #7617 of 106366/28/13 at 6:42ampost #7618 of 106366/28/13 at 7:08ampost #7619 of 106366/28/13 at 8:13amQuote:
I had the opportunity to try a balanced HD650 on my system a few months ago and although it was the best I have ever heard them they still sounded nothing like my LCD2.2's.
Still significantly darker, slower sounding with a distinct lack of high treble and low bass, the HD650's that is.post #7620 of 106366/28/13 at 8:28am
Absolutely but where they track evenly on the freq resp, the tone will be the same level. It won't be as fast, linear, impactful or anything else but tone for tone the volume is the same where it tracks. Presentation is completely different.
- New Audeze LCD3
- Headphone Impedance
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 1 minute ago
- › Audio-gd USB-32 Firmware, Drivers, and Feedback Thread 1 minute ago
- › Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) 1 minute ago
- › Violectric DAC V850 - General Discussion and Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Help and Recommendation! which DAC and cable should i buy with LCD3 3 minutes ago
- › Reviewers wanted - Sound Blaster products 4 minutes ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 5 minutes ago
- › Ibasso DX80 7 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today 8 minutes ago
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Professional Studio Headphones by grizzlybeast
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › FOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphones by JVC steven
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by Hawaiibadboy
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by tassardar
- › PW Audio Legend II v2 Copper IEM Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Xiaomi Mi Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2