Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphone for me?!!? Last post on 12/28/13 at 9:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Second Headphones Advise Please!! Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Website to buy headphones? Last post on 3/22/13 at 12:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Review: Cleer DU High Definition Dual-Driver Headphone Introduction It was a brisk day in a suburb of Chicago, Illinois. I attended AXPONA, which is the Audio Expo North...
The ED9 is overall a good and very funny iem from China. build + design: The metal housing shows confidence and it looks like it won't break for a long time. I did like the looks...
(Player: Cowon Plenue D ; Earphone: JH5) Before I start, I must say that this was not the beginning of my experience with the brand cables. I own the Ares cable also (first model) and make...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION Firstly I want to thank a local NZ Head-Fier (AudioDHD) for allowing me to spend some time...
Not a whole lot to add that others have mentioned. I would have liked a traveling case included instead of a pouch, but I will let that slide for a couple of reasons. First is that the box that...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 508post #7606 of 110856/27/13 at 4:17pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7607 of 110856/27/13 at 4:21pmQuote:
Bass extension is so good on this one. there seems to be a bigger cut at lower treble region? I guess this pair will be very musical ;)post #7608 of 110856/27/13 at 5:28pm
I'd like to chime in with my experiences with the LCD3. First off, based on a few pages back and the many problems encountered with this product, I would definitely advise you to buy directly from Audez'e if you want quality and service. Buying off other people can come back to bite you.
My first pair was bought from a friend and was RMA'd so I didn't think it was of concern that it sounded too dark for me. I ended up selling them as I preferred my HD800's and HE6 to it on my rig. A couple months later I had an urge to buy another pair of LCD3's as the renewed hype got to me, and to my surprise; this pair was more airy and microdynamics seemed more apparent (my system had not changed one bit).
These were about a year newer, and definitely sounded better to me. I felt they were more accurate and technically more capable. Ultimately I ended up selling them again because I prefer the same two headphones, but I definitely have to say it's a fantastic headphone and it's very musically engaging.
All this to say that their product does vary, imo somewhat significantly, and that if you're to buy one; buy one brand new!post #7609 of 110856/27/13 at 6:19pmpost #7610 of 110856/27/13 at 11:22pmQuote:
Here's my LCD-3's, also from late May 2013.
Just for fun and comparison:
Edited by thegrobe - 6/27/13 at 11:47pmpost #7611 of 110856/28/13 at 1:38ampost #7612 of 110856/28/13 at 2:55ampost #7613 of 110856/28/13 at 2:58am
Yes, and that's why the LCD-3 was the only one I wanted for "end-game" coming from an HD650. It's a huge leap in terms of price, but I just felt it would be all I liked in the Senns without what I didn't.
And, oh my, I was right :)post #7614 of 110856/28/13 at 3:08ampost #7615 of 110856/28/13 at 3:54amQuote:
You already have the LCD-2. You wouldn't be surprised by the sound of LCD-3's.post #7616 of 110856/28/13 at 4:08amQuote:
I had the HD650's too, twice, and I don't consider my LCD2.2's to sound anything like the HD650's I had.post #7617 of 110856/28/13 at 6:42ampost #7618 of 110856/28/13 at 7:08ampost #7619 of 110856/28/13 at 8:13amQuote:
I had the opportunity to try a balanced HD650 on my system a few months ago and although it was the best I have ever heard them they still sounded nothing like my LCD2.2's.
Still significantly darker, slower sounding with a distinct lack of high treble and low bass, the HD650's that is.post #7620 of 110856/28/13 at 8:28am
Absolutely but where they track evenly on the freq resp, the tone will be the same level. It won't be as fast, linear, impactful or anything else but tone for tone the volume is the same where it tracks. Presentation is completely different.
- New Audeze LCD3
- Headphone Impedance
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 52 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 1 minute ago
- › On-ear headphones around $200 1 minute ago
- › THE FIRST THREAD-Special Deals To Celebrate Becoming Sponsor! 1 minute ago
- › is this really a problem with blind tests? 3 minutes ago
- › Denver summer meet, 2016 - VOTE BY 6/24 4 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! 4 minutes ago
- › SE215 vs RHA MA750 vs T10 5 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 5 minutes ago
- › Cleer DU High-Definition Dual Driver Headphone by moedawg140
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by thingol
- › Effect Audio Thor Coper IEM Upgrade Cable by Vitor Valeri
- › ZhiYin QT5 by Brooko
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by ekolite
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by slowpickr
- › Ghostek GHOHP001 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, soDrop Series aptX... by Cinder
- › MEE audio M7P Secure-Fit Sports In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Remote,... by suman134
- › Rock Jaw Alfa Genus V2 Earphones with In-Line Mic & 3x Tuning... by suman134
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by suman134
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...