Here is the FR graph for my new phones. Sorry vertical inclination but still can see that the curve is extremely flat.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphone for me?!!? Last post on 12/28/13 at 9:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Second Headphones Advise Please!! Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 11/1/14 at 5:47am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I had the opportunity to listen to this at length against some other similar priced gears. After pairing my device, it magically struck me WOW! As I tried a number of music tracks , it...
I managed to try this MDR-Ma900 against others in the same shop. The comfort and ergonomics of this Sony are very good. Initially, I was pleasantly surprised how nice it sounded. But...
I tried this twice with different devices. It sounds pretty good with big bass sounds and probably suit a lot of youngsters today. Many very young people that I know prefer Beats or something...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Cayin for providing me with a review sample of their new flagship N6 DAP which is currently available on Amazon and from other retailers like...
After picking these up from the Sony Store about a year ago, I can say that these are definitely not worth the $350-$400 price tag. Luckily, I picked them up for around $180 and to me, this seems...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 502
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7517 of 99866/17/13 at 8:25pmpost #7518 of 99866/18/13 at 1:28amQuote:
They already should have for more than a year. And, as a matter of fact, mine from April 2013 are still working properly, totally unveiled, with an FR graph really close to commtrd's one. (I've just compared mine to his.)
So, if you want to try it, don't hesitate. I even bought them without being able to try them, and I surely don't regret it.post #7519 of 99866/18/13 at 3:30amQuote:Well I have one from April 2013 (supposedly one with issues) and still sings amazingly. As for the FR chart, here is mine:It is weird that LCD3s have a bit of variant patterns start from 5K up the end, but I don’t care as long as I'm enjoying such epic sounds.post #7520 of 99866/18/13 at 4:14amQuote:
I'm not intrigued by the variance from 5 kHz up to 20, it could already be the case simply by measuring the same sample several times. The results would be different, within certain boundaries of course, and I suspect that it could be several dB different in the 5 to 20 kHz range.
I also suspect that the earcushions don't have to be fairly different in composition and dimensions to have a noticeable impact in that frequency range, as well as the position of the LCD around the ear (Neumann microphone) has. So if you put them off and on several times, the positioning itself could explain the variance.
I've said "I suspect" twice, and I don't like it more than you do, so it would be totally-utterly cool to have, let's say, Tyll from Innerfidelity give his opinion on my suspicions.post #7521 of 99866/18/13 at 5:08ampost #7522 of 99866/18/13 at 5:11ampost #7523 of 99866/18/13 at 5:15ampost #7524 of 99866/18/13 at 5:23am
well from that you can either say the ps1000 has hot treble or the lcd3 has recessed treble, for me its the latter, the ps1000 are just much more engaging to me. tbh freq graphs can be misleading i have a t1 and that is much brighter across the board than the ps1000 but it doesnt look that way on the graphs.
Also the soundstage shape and imaging on the ps1000 is better than the lcd. if id use one word to describe the cans LCD3 would be claustrophibic, T1s would be reverbious( coming from ps1000's the its t1s sound as though your listening to it in a cave and im not refering to the size of the soundstage im refering to the tone of sounds), ps1000s would be refined
Edited by Richyieee - 6/18/13 at 5:35ampost #7525 of 99866/18/13 at 6:07am
LCD-3 most definitely has recessed treble. Doesn't change that the PS1000 has a nasty treble and midbass hump and no extension at either end. Engaging short term, grating once it wears off, coming from a previous Grado fan.post #7526 of 99866/18/13 at 7:02ampost #7527 of 99866/18/13 at 7:14amQuote:
Actually it gets a whole lot worse when you consider the 30 and 300 Hz square wave plots, distortion (YIKES on the PS1000s under 100Hz...approaching 90%+) and slow impulse responses. For that kind of $, I expect a WHOLE lot more in terms of performance.
Heck the PS500s measure better with regards to distortion, 300Hz square wave and impulse response. And they don't have that nasty, nasty treble.
Edited by MacedonianHero - 6/18/13 at 7:34ampost #7528 of 99866/18/13 at 7:55am
i dont think the ps1000 has nasty treble at all, treble on the t1 sounds sharper and on the lcd3 the treble is just way too soft. I trust my ears rather than look at graphs, the w3000anv has a freq graph that looks like poo but lots of people still seem to love it
Edited by Richyieee - 6/18/13 at 7:59ampost #7529 of 99866/18/13 at 8:12amQuote:
I find the PS1000/GS1000's treble about as nasty as Grado's get. Have you heard the PS500s with the bowl pads? You might be surprised on the comparison (and for 1/3 the price). Then there's the extreme roll off on the bass under 80Hz (and the incredible distortion). But I'm not going to try to convince you that what you're hearing is wrong...it is absolutely right for you.
I on the other hand would take the LCD-3s or HD800s (or even PS500s) over the PS1000s any day of the week.
The T1's treble is actually quite smooth (at least based on the T1s I've heard) when driven on a great OTL amp.post #7530 of 99866/18/13 at 9:02am
Another chart from August 2012. I first had a pair the dealer shipped to me that started with a serial number of 23 and had been pro-actively sent back to Audeze for checking. The graph for those showed a flatter extension out to 2K rather than 1.5K, but I had terrible issues with my Yamaha Clavinova as they suffered from some kind of strange ringing effect at around middle C on the piano. They were swapped for these ones which were serial numbered 26. These do not have that strange issue at all and have been great. While I do see variances in the graphs, fundamentally they all start sliding down around 1.5-1.8K. They then seem to have two humps at 5K and 7K before a larger hump that they all seem to share more closely. It is the 7K hump that has the most variance and the newer charts show a bigger hump at this point. But we do not know if they have changed their measuring equipment/technique or whether they have tweaked the response of the drivers.
- New Audeze LCD3
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Need advice. What to buy? 29 seconds ago
- › I read this and thought of Head-Fi... 36 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Fresh From The Oven: iBasso P5 "Falcon" 2 minutes ago
- › Is the Woo WA6SE a good choice for rock/pop music 3 minutes ago
- › Fake Sennheiser Momentum On Ear for sale on eBay!! 3 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2... MicroSD Slot & 33 hours Hi-Res Playback 3 minutes ago
- › iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality 4 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 4 minutes ago
- › Parrot Zik 2.0, the world's most advanced headphones -... by johnKenneth
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by johnKenneth
- › Xtreme Xplosives On Ear by johnKenneth
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by twister6
- › Sony XBA-4SL by cuiter23
- › Shure SE215 by cuiter23
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by ActiveTechREV
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by d marc0
- › HIFIMAN RE300a(Black) InLine Control Earphone by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by mark2410
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3