Here is the FR graph for my new phones. Sorry vertical inclination but still can see that the curve is extremely flat.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 11/12/13 at 5:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 or LCD2 - questions about long-term comfort and longevity Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:23pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
INTRODUCTION Build quality is excellent. This is my second headphone review.M40x is a recent release from Audio Technica,it is a...
PACKAGING : Earphones cames with a nice little box and 2 pair of white foamies (1 pair of donut and 1 pair of classic covered). I’m always using donuts one since it provides some slightly more...
First I’d like to thank Salsera and Brainwavz for sending me a review sample of the S5. Brainwavz are a brand that I am quite familiar with. They have many IEMs that are often praised on Head-Fi...
This is a Review of FiiO E11k portable headphone amplifier. http://www.fiio.com.cn/products/index.aspx?ID=100000060416193&MenuID=105026001, available from FiiO's US distributor MICCA Store:...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 502
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7517 of 95366/17/13 at 8:25pmpost #7518 of 95366/18/13 at 1:28amQuote:
They already should have for more than a year. And, as a matter of fact, mine from April 2013 are still working properly, totally unveiled, with an FR graph really close to commtrd's one. (I've just compared mine to his.)
So, if you want to try it, don't hesitate. I even bought them without being able to try them, and I surely don't regret it.post #7519 of 95366/18/13 at 3:30amQuote:Well I have one from April 2013 (supposedly one with issues) and still sings amazingly. As for the FR chart, here is mine:It is weird that LCD3s have a bit of variant patterns start from 5K up the end, but I don’t care as long as I'm enjoying such epic sounds.post #7520 of 95366/18/13 at 4:14amQuote:
I'm not intrigued by the variance from 5 kHz up to 20, it could already be the case simply by measuring the same sample several times. The results would be different, within certain boundaries of course, and I suspect that it could be several dB different in the 5 to 20 kHz range.
I also suspect that the earcushions don't have to be fairly different in composition and dimensions to have a noticeable impact in that frequency range, as well as the position of the LCD around the ear (Neumann microphone) has. So if you put them off and on several times, the positioning itself could explain the variance.
I've said "I suspect" twice, and I don't like it more than you do, so it would be totally-utterly cool to have, let's say, Tyll from Innerfidelity give his opinion on my suspicions.post #7521 of 95366/18/13 at 5:08ampost #7522 of 95366/18/13 at 5:11ampost #7523 of 95366/18/13 at 5:15ampost #7524 of 95366/18/13 at 5:23am
well from that you can either say the ps1000 has hot treble or the lcd3 has recessed treble, for me its the latter, the ps1000 are just much more engaging to me. tbh freq graphs can be misleading i have a t1 and that is much brighter across the board than the ps1000 but it doesnt look that way on the graphs.
Also the soundstage shape and imaging on the ps1000 is better than the lcd. if id use one word to describe the cans LCD3 would be claustrophibic, T1s would be reverbious( coming from ps1000's the its t1s sound as though your listening to it in a cave and im not refering to the size of the soundstage im refering to the tone of sounds), ps1000s would be refined
Edited by Richyieee - 6/18/13 at 5:35ampost #7525 of 95366/18/13 at 6:07am
LCD-3 most definitely has recessed treble. Doesn't change that the PS1000 has a nasty treble and midbass hump and no extension at either end. Engaging short term, grating once it wears off, coming from a previous Grado fan.post #7526 of 95366/18/13 at 7:02ampost #7527 of 95366/18/13 at 7:14amQuote:
Actually it gets a whole lot worse when you consider the 30 and 300 Hz square wave plots, distortion (YIKES on the PS1000s under 100Hz...approaching 90%+) and slow impulse responses. For that kind of $, I expect a WHOLE lot more in terms of performance.
Heck the PS500s measure better with regards to distortion, 300Hz square wave and impulse response. And they don't have that nasty, nasty treble.
Edited by MacedonianHero - 6/18/13 at 7:34ampost #7528 of 95366/18/13 at 7:55am
i dont think the ps1000 has nasty treble at all, treble on the t1 sounds sharper and on the lcd3 the treble is just way too soft. I trust my ears rather than look at graphs, the w3000anv has a freq graph that looks like poo but lots of people still seem to love it
Edited by Richyieee - 6/18/13 at 7:59ampost #7529 of 95366/18/13 at 8:12amQuote:
I find the PS1000/GS1000's treble about as nasty as Grado's get. Have you heard the PS500s with the bowl pads? You might be surprised on the comparison (and for 1/3 the price). Then there's the extreme roll off on the bass under 80Hz (and the incredible distortion). But I'm not going to try to convince you that what you're hearing is wrong...it is absolutely right for you.
I on the other hand would take the LCD-3s or HD800s (or even PS500s) over the PS1000s any day of the week.
The T1's treble is actually quite smooth (at least based on the T1s I've heard) when driven on a great OTL amp.post #7530 of 95366/18/13 at 9:02am
Another chart from August 2012. I first had a pair the dealer shipped to me that started with a serial number of 23 and had been pro-actively sent back to Audeze for checking. The graph for those showed a flatter extension out to 2K rather than 1.5K, but I had terrible issues with my Yamaha Clavinova as they suffered from some kind of strange ringing effect at around middle C on the piano. They were swapped for these ones which were serial numbered 26. These do not have that strange issue at all and have been great. While I do see variances in the graphs, fundamentally they all start sliding down around 1.5-1.8K. They then seem to have two humps at 5K and 7K before a larger hump that they all seem to share more closely. It is the 7K hump that has the most variance and the newer charts show a bigger hump at this point. But we do not know if they have changed their measuring equipment/technique or whether they have tweaked the response of the drivers.
- New Audeze LCD3
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 3 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 3 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 4 minutes ago
- › Long awaited Smyth SVS Realiser NOW AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 7 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 9 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 10 minutes ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 10 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 11 minutes ago
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by eke2k6
- › ASUS Essence III by 00lunar
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by TheGame21x
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by Klonatans
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)