Here is the FR graph for my new phones. Sorry vertical inclination but still can see that the curve is extremely flat.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphone for me?!!? Last post on 12/28/13 at 9:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Second Headphones Advise Please!! Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Website to buy headphones? Last post on 3/22/13 at 12:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Great lil on-ear headphone but a lil bit uncomfortable on ear. Not for someone who loves heavy bass but good for seeking clarity ;) My opinion, my first AKG product. Tried the AKG Y50 but to me,...
In Ears Prophile 8 IEM review January 2017 Intro I had heard of In Ears but did not know too much about them until I see them on the In-Ear stand at the Indulgence show in London...
MrZ's Toneking Musicmaker TingThe review that swayed me to get on-boardhttp://www.head-fi.org/products/musicmaker-ting/reviews/15584The slightly down-line 1/2 price...
Shozy has kindly provided me a review unit in exchange for the honest opinion. They are in active use for about 6 months. I should first note that my experience with IEM is a bit limited by now, so...
INTRODUCTION: I would like to thank @Jack Vang of Empire Ears, for the discount on my purchase of the Zeus-XIV-ADEL Custom IEM and for giving me the opportunity to review the IEM. I would also...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 502
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7517 of 113186/17/13 at 8:25pmpost #7518 of 113186/18/13 at 1:28amQuote:
They already should have for more than a year. And, as a matter of fact, mine from April 2013 are still working properly, totally unveiled, with an FR graph really close to commtrd's one. (I've just compared mine to his.)
So, if you want to try it, don't hesitate. I even bought them without being able to try them, and I surely don't regret it.post #7519 of 113186/18/13 at 3:30amQuote:Well I have one from April 2013 (supposedly one with issues) and still sings amazingly. As for the FR chart, here is mine:It is weird that LCD3s have a bit of variant patterns start from 5K up the end, but I don’t care as long as I'm enjoying such epic sounds.post #7520 of 113186/18/13 at 4:14amQuote:
I'm not intrigued by the variance from 5 kHz up to 20, it could already be the case simply by measuring the same sample several times. The results would be different, within certain boundaries of course, and I suspect that it could be several dB different in the 5 to 20 kHz range.
I also suspect that the earcushions don't have to be fairly different in composition and dimensions to have a noticeable impact in that frequency range, as well as the position of the LCD around the ear (Neumann microphone) has. So if you put them off and on several times, the positioning itself could explain the variance.
I've said "I suspect" twice, and I don't like it more than you do, so it would be totally-utterly cool to have, let's say, Tyll from Innerfidelity give his opinion on my suspicions.post #7521 of 113186/18/13 at 5:08ampost #7522 of 113186/18/13 at 5:11ampost #7523 of 113186/18/13 at 5:15ampost #7524 of 113186/18/13 at 5:23am
well from that you can either say the ps1000 has hot treble or the lcd3 has recessed treble, for me its the latter, the ps1000 are just much more engaging to me. tbh freq graphs can be misleading i have a t1 and that is much brighter across the board than the ps1000 but it doesnt look that way on the graphs.
Also the soundstage shape and imaging on the ps1000 is better than the lcd. if id use one word to describe the cans LCD3 would be claustrophibic, T1s would be reverbious( coming from ps1000's the its t1s sound as though your listening to it in a cave and im not refering to the size of the soundstage im refering to the tone of sounds), ps1000s would be refined
Edited by Richyieee - 6/18/13 at 5:35ampost #7525 of 113186/18/13 at 6:07am
LCD-3 most definitely has recessed treble. Doesn't change that the PS1000 has a nasty treble and midbass hump and no extension at either end. Engaging short term, grating once it wears off, coming from a previous Grado fan.post #7526 of 113186/18/13 at 7:02ampost #7527 of 113186/18/13 at 7:14amQuote:
Actually it gets a whole lot worse when you consider the 30 and 300 Hz square wave plots, distortion (YIKES on the PS1000s under 100Hz...approaching 90%+) and slow impulse responses. For that kind of $, I expect a WHOLE lot more in terms of performance.
Heck the PS500s measure better with regards to distortion, 300Hz square wave and impulse response. And they don't have that nasty, nasty treble.
Edited by MacedonianHero - 6/18/13 at 7:34ampost #7528 of 113186/18/13 at 7:55am
i dont think the ps1000 has nasty treble at all, treble on the t1 sounds sharper and on the lcd3 the treble is just way too soft. I trust my ears rather than look at graphs, the w3000anv has a freq graph that looks like poo but lots of people still seem to love it
Edited by Richyieee - 6/18/13 at 7:59ampost #7529 of 113186/18/13 at 8:12amQuote:
I find the PS1000/GS1000's treble about as nasty as Grado's get. Have you heard the PS500s with the bowl pads? You might be surprised on the comparison (and for 1/3 the price). Then there's the extreme roll off on the bass under 80Hz (and the incredible distortion). But I'm not going to try to convince you that what you're hearing is wrong...it is absolutely right for you.
I on the other hand would take the LCD-3s or HD800s (or even PS500s) over the PS1000s any day of the week.
The T1's treble is actually quite smooth (at least based on the T1s I've heard) when driven on a great OTL amp.post #7530 of 113186/18/13 at 9:02am
Another chart from August 2012. I first had a pair the dealer shipped to me that started with a serial number of 23 and had been pro-actively sent back to Audeze for checking. The graph for those showed a flatter extension out to 2K rather than 1.5K, but I had terrible issues with my Yamaha Clavinova as they suffered from some kind of strange ringing effect at around middle C on the piano. They were swapped for these ones which were serial numbered 26. These do not have that strange issue at all and have been great. While I do see variances in the graphs, fundamentally they all start sliding down around 1.5-1.8K. They then seem to have two humps at 5K and 7K before a larger hump that they all seem to share more closely. It is the 7K hump that has the most variance and the newer charts show a bigger hump at this point. But we do not know if they have changed their measuring equipment/technique or whether they have tweaked the response of the drivers.
- New Audeze LCD3
- Headphone Impedance
- › Cowon Plenue D 15 seconds ago
- › Asus STX II Vs Creative ZXR 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 3 minutes ago
- › vibro veritas, measuring our IEMs like a pro with amateur budget. 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 4 minutes ago
- › Absolute best budget earbuds? 4 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K403 by IkuMiku96
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by FortisFlyer75
- › MusicMaker Ting by Redcarmoose
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear