Maybe the LCD3 comes w/ an LCD2? That would explain the price for sure.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 8/23/14 at 6:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 or LCD2 - questions about long-term comfort and longevity Last post on 8/22/14 at 12:39am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I just received this device, along with a FiIO X5 to replace my now discontinued iPod classic. At first I liked this device - smaller, lighter than the FiIO, although only 1 slot. Shipped...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 6post #76 of 958910/13/11 at 8:23pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 958910/13/11 at 8:27pmpost #78 of 958910/13/11 at 8:27pmpost #79 of 958910/13/11 at 8:28pmQuote:
I felt this way for a bit until I realized it isn't replacing them....it's hard to feel bad about owning headphones when a company releases a new one that is double the price. Promise you that the lcd-2 will be minimally impacted in resale value by this announcement.post #80 of 958910/13/11 at 8:36pmpost #81 of 958910/13/11 at 8:56pmpost #82 of 958910/13/11 at 9:00pmpost #83 of 958910/13/11 at 9:07pm
the other lcd-3 thread is pretty good for those of you not checked it out yet :) their scheme is going to make them some money quick that's probably for sure (since the lcd2 isnt that old at all) if the lcd3 is really any good!
Mpost #84 of 958910/13/11 at 9:39pmpost #85 of 958910/13/11 at 10:33pm
Well, i would've at least waited to see how people feel about them first. But now, it doesn't matter if people say they're worth it or not, I won't be getting them.
post #86 of 958910/13/11 at 10:48pmpost #87 of 958910/13/11 at 10:51pmpost #88 of 958910/13/11 at 10:58pm
DAMN!! , they sure planned it . i have been thinking ( all this 5 hrs, after i read about the LCD3) .
IF the LCD3 , Delivers! i mean if its really has the something like R10 / stax SR007 , DAMN it will SELL A LOT.
i mean all the people who like the LCD2 are potential customers, and more. there are not many who buy the STAX flagships ( 007/9 ) but i can see people buying LCD3 if its as good as the STAX.post #89 of 958910/14/11 at 12:55am
Hate the new wood, would have preferred a new, more Stax-like metallic look, or just good old-fashioned black ....
Quote:post #90 of 958910/14/11 at 2:59am
It's disappointing to see they didn't do anything to revise the leather headband as it's actually less comfortable than the older foam one. Still, this could be a non-issue if the cups turns out to be much lighter.
The $1995 price is interesting because it puts them above the other dynamic flagships straight into higher-end STAX territory. At that price-point, I do expect to see some MAJOR improvements.
- New Audeze LCD3
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › iPhone 6 with 128GB 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › HM-901 4 minutes ago
- › The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › FS: Denon D7000 6 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 7 minutes ago
- › Looking for a 2.1 powered speaker setup for my computer, to be used... 8 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by RickFrank
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)