Maybe the LCD3 comes w/ an LCD2? That would explain the price for sure.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphone for me?!!? Last post on 12/28/13 at 9:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Second Headphones Advise Please!! Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Website to buy headphones? Last post on 3/22/13 at 12:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: Yesterday
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
*A sample of the IEM500 was provided to me in return for my honest review* - Photos taken by, me.- One of the funniest things is when a company writes all these outlandish claims with their...
Me: I am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the...
These headphones are not for a true audiophile person. If you just want to watch movies on YouTube and talk with your friends on Skype - they will do the job for you. But if you want to enjoy your...
Introduction The Fidue A65 is in quite of an interesting place. It's in the budget range that has a lot of great contenders, but in it's defence it brings a Titanium micro dynamic driver, and with...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 6post #76 of 1057210/13/11 at 8:23pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 1057210/13/11 at 8:27pmpost #78 of 1057210/13/11 at 8:27pmpost #79 of 1057210/13/11 at 8:28pmQuote:
I felt this way for a bit until I realized it isn't replacing them....it's hard to feel bad about owning headphones when a company releases a new one that is double the price. Promise you that the lcd-2 will be minimally impacted in resale value by this announcement.post #80 of 1057210/13/11 at 8:36pmpost #81 of 1057210/13/11 at 8:56pmpost #82 of 1057210/13/11 at 9:00pmpost #83 of 1057210/13/11 at 9:07pm
the other lcd-3 thread is pretty good for those of you not checked it out yet :) their scheme is going to make them some money quick that's probably for sure (since the lcd2 isnt that old at all) if the lcd3 is really any good!
Mpost #84 of 1057210/13/11 at 9:39pmpost #85 of 1057210/13/11 at 10:33pm
Well, i would've at least waited to see how people feel about them first. But now, it doesn't matter if people say they're worth it or not, I won't be getting them.
post #86 of 1057210/13/11 at 10:48pmpost #87 of 1057210/13/11 at 10:51pmpost #88 of 1057210/13/11 at 10:58pm
DAMN!! , they sure planned it . i have been thinking ( all this 5 hrs, after i read about the LCD3) .
IF the LCD3 , Delivers! i mean if its really has the something like R10 / stax SR007 , DAMN it will SELL A LOT.
i mean all the people who like the LCD2 are potential customers, and more. there are not many who buy the STAX flagships ( 007/9 ) but i can see people buying LCD3 if its as good as the STAX.post #89 of 1057210/14/11 at 12:55am
Hate the new wood, would have preferred a new, more Stax-like metallic look, or just good old-fashioned black ....
Quote:post #90 of 1057210/14/11 at 2:59am
It's disappointing to see they didn't do anything to revise the leather headband as it's actually less comfortable than the older foam one. Still, this could be a non-issue if the cups turns out to be much lighter.
The $1995 price is interesting because it puts them above the other dynamic flagships straight into higher-end STAX territory. At that price-point, I do expect to see some MAJOR improvements.
- New Audeze LCD3
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 2 minutes ago
- › Calyx PaT - The $99 Pocket Sized DAC/Amp for iOS, Android and... 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex new RP headphones - T50RPmk3, T40RPmk3 and T20RPmk3 3 minutes ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 3 minutes ago
- › Cayin C5DAC USB DAC Headphone Amplifier World Tour --Reviewers Wanted. 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Puro Sound Labs - IEM500 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › Astell&Kern AK10 Portable Hi-Fi Audio DAC Headphone amplifer... by Hawaiibadboy
- › iClever® IC-BTH01 Lightweight Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Sports... by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › Aune B1 by Peter West
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by biggbenn74
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by snapacap
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)