Maybe the LCD3 comes w/ an LCD2? That would explain the price for sure.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphone for me?!!? Last post on 12/28/13 at 9:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Second Headphones Advise Please!! Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Website to buy headphones? Last post on 3/22/13 at 12:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
INTRODUCTION I have received FiiO DK1 directly from FiiO company in exchange for my honest opinion (as you will surely find out soon). BACKGROUND This will be short, since you don't...
I do like this headphone quite a bit although I'll be the first to say that I have a soft spot for Beyer phones being my first taste of the audiophile world. This is a review of a...
When I was a child in the '80s, one of my neighbour's kids, a gloriously goofy-looking guy of the era, was always out on his driveway fixing his motorbikes, then later, his car, a vintage Ford V8....
"In a cold world of flagships, the LCD-4 gives me the warmth I have been asking for." -Probably someone...
This review is for someone looking for a good pair of in-ear headphones after using over-ear phones; that's the situation where I am coming from at least, as I have been using Sennheiser's HD598...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 6post #76 of 1108510/13/11 at 8:23pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 1108510/13/11 at 8:27pmpost #78 of 1108510/13/11 at 8:27pmpost #79 of 1108510/13/11 at 8:28pmQuote:
I felt this way for a bit until I realized it isn't replacing them....it's hard to feel bad about owning headphones when a company releases a new one that is double the price. Promise you that the lcd-2 will be minimally impacted in resale value by this announcement.post #80 of 1108510/13/11 at 8:36pmpost #81 of 1108510/13/11 at 8:56pmpost #82 of 1108510/13/11 at 9:00pmpost #83 of 1108510/13/11 at 9:07pm
the other lcd-3 thread is pretty good for those of you not checked it out yet :) their scheme is going to make them some money quick that's probably for sure (since the lcd2 isnt that old at all) if the lcd3 is really any good!
Mpost #84 of 1108510/13/11 at 9:39pmpost #85 of 1108510/13/11 at 10:33pm
Well, i would've at least waited to see how people feel about them first. But now, it doesn't matter if people say they're worth it or not, I won't be getting them.
post #86 of 1108510/13/11 at 10:48pmpost #87 of 1108510/13/11 at 10:51pmpost #88 of 1108510/13/11 at 10:58pm
DAMN!! , they sure planned it . i have been thinking ( all this 5 hrs, after i read about the LCD3) .
IF the LCD3 , Delivers! i mean if its really has the something like R10 / stax SR007 , DAMN it will SELL A LOT.
i mean all the people who like the LCD2 are potential customers, and more. there are not many who buy the STAX flagships ( 007/9 ) but i can see people buying LCD3 if its as good as the STAX.post #89 of 1108510/14/11 at 12:55am
Hate the new wood, would have preferred a new, more Stax-like metallic look, or just good old-fashioned black ....
Quote:post #90 of 1108510/14/11 at 2:59am
It's disappointing to see they didn't do anything to revise the leather headband as it's actually less comfortable than the older foam one. Still, this could be a non-issue if the cups turns out to be much lighter.
The $1995 price is interesting because it puts them above the other dynamic flagships straight into higher-end STAX territory. At that price-point, I do expect to see some MAJOR improvements.
- New Audeze LCD3
- Headphone Impedance
- › Inexpensive high quality Home music server 32 seconds ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › My Schiit Bifrost Multibit has no bits 3 minutes ago
- › Chicago area headphone meet - August 13th 2016 - ChiUniFi 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo Vs Mojo - Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › NEW! Fostex TH610 Premium Reference Closed-Back Headphones 5 minutes ago
- › Audio Zenith PMx2 Impressions page 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO Multifunction Dock (DK1) by OSiRiSsk
- › beyerdynamic DT 1770 PRO Studio Headphones by Soundsgoodtome
- › Chord DAVE by Currawong
- › Audeze LCD-4 by Dillan
- › Sennheiser IE80 by AnssiRai
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...