Maybe the LCD3 comes w/ an LCD2? That would explain the price for sure.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphone for me?!!? Last post on 12/28/13 at 9:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Second Headphones Advise Please!! Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Website to buy headphones? Last post on 3/22/13 at 12:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Intro (Kind of) The Westone W30 is one of several IEMs in Westone's newly revamped universal IEM collection, intended as a removable-cable replacement to the older W3. For those of you who are...
I picked these beautiful-looking babies on amazon few days ago when price dropped on amazon (used ones from amazon warehouse for $400), which was a bargain; compared to $300 price tag on HD650's....
I began to search for a shorter cable for my HD600 just because the stock cable is to long for using with a portable device. I didn't want to spend to much under $100. I did the standard Amazon and...
Exclusive sound, high quality patents "sandwich diaphragm" metal meets the technical.
I will leave the technical speak and unboxing play-by-play to the reviews that are already here, done by people who do a much better job than I can currently manage. Just know that the iDSD Micro...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 6post #76 of 1045410/13/11 at 8:23pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 1045410/13/11 at 8:27pmpost #78 of 1045410/13/11 at 8:27pmpost #79 of 1045410/13/11 at 8:28pmQuote:
I felt this way for a bit until I realized it isn't replacing them....it's hard to feel bad about owning headphones when a company releases a new one that is double the price. Promise you that the lcd-2 will be minimally impacted in resale value by this announcement.post #80 of 1045410/13/11 at 8:36pmpost #81 of 1045410/13/11 at 8:56pmpost #82 of 1045410/13/11 at 9:00pmpost #83 of 1045410/13/11 at 9:07pm
the other lcd-3 thread is pretty good for those of you not checked it out yet :) their scheme is going to make them some money quick that's probably for sure (since the lcd2 isnt that old at all) if the lcd3 is really any good!
Mpost #84 of 1045410/13/11 at 9:39pmpost #85 of 1045410/13/11 at 10:33pm
Well, i would've at least waited to see how people feel about them first. But now, it doesn't matter if people say they're worth it or not, I won't be getting them.
post #86 of 1045410/13/11 at 10:48pmpost #87 of 1045410/13/11 at 10:51pmpost #88 of 1045410/13/11 at 10:58pm
DAMN!! , they sure planned it . i have been thinking ( all this 5 hrs, after i read about the LCD3) .
IF the LCD3 , Delivers! i mean if its really has the something like R10 / stax SR007 , DAMN it will SELL A LOT.
i mean all the people who like the LCD2 are potential customers, and more. there are not many who buy the STAX flagships ( 007/9 ) but i can see people buying LCD3 if its as good as the STAX.post #89 of 1045410/14/11 at 12:55am
Hate the new wood, would have preferred a new, more Stax-like metallic look, or just good old-fashioned black ....
Quote:post #90 of 1045410/14/11 at 2:59am
It's disappointing to see they didn't do anything to revise the leather headband as it's actually less comfortable than the older foam one. Still, this could be a non-issue if the cups turns out to be much lighter.
The $1995 price is interesting because it puts them above the other dynamic flagships straight into higher-end STAX territory. At that price-point, I do expect to see some MAJOR improvements.
- New Audeze LCD3
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Vape-Fi 2 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 42 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 59 seconds ago
- › fiio e5 amp for sennheiser hd598 1 minute ago
- › W3000ANV 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Westone w40 short review, includes pictures. 3 minutes ago
- › NEW - Schiit Asgard 2 6 minutes ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 6 minutes ago
- › Westone W30 Triple Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones,... by C.C.S.
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by KopaZ
- › Tennmak Sennheiser HD600/650 Short Cable by bikerboy94
- › Original Xiaomi Piston III Youth Edition Earphone Earbuds Headset... by leoscarax
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by knorris908
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2