Maybe the LCD3 comes w/ an LCD2? That would explain the price for sure.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphone for me?!!? Last post on 12/28/13 at 9:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Second Headphones Advise Please!! Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Website to buy headphones? Last post on 3/22/13 at 12:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I’ll be honest. When I was offered a review unit of the Turbines, I was not really looking forward to reviewing them. The CGI render of the Turbines that Ghostek commonly uses for promotion...
Review: Cleer DU High Definition Dual-Driver Headphone Introduction It was a brisk day in a suburb of Chicago, Illinois. I attended AXPONA, which is the Audio Expo North...
The ED9 is overall a good and very funny iem from China. build + design: The metal housing shows confidence and it looks like it won't break for a long time. I did like the looks...
(Player: Cowon Plenue D ; Earphone: JH5) Before I start, I must say that this was not the beginning of my experience with the brand cables. I own the Ares cable also (first model) and make...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION Firstly I want to thank a local NZ Head-Fier (AudioDHD) for allowing me to spend some time...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 6post #76 of 1108510/13/11 at 8:23pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 1108510/13/11 at 8:27pmpost #78 of 1108510/13/11 at 8:27pmpost #79 of 1108510/13/11 at 8:28pmQuote:
I felt this way for a bit until I realized it isn't replacing them....it's hard to feel bad about owning headphones when a company releases a new one that is double the price. Promise you that the lcd-2 will be minimally impacted in resale value by this announcement.post #80 of 1108510/13/11 at 8:36pmpost #81 of 1108510/13/11 at 8:56pmpost #82 of 1108510/13/11 at 9:00pmpost #83 of 1108510/13/11 at 9:07pm
the other lcd-3 thread is pretty good for those of you not checked it out yet :) their scheme is going to make them some money quick that's probably for sure (since the lcd2 isnt that old at all) if the lcd3 is really any good!
Mpost #84 of 1108510/13/11 at 9:39pmpost #85 of 1108510/13/11 at 10:33pm
Well, i would've at least waited to see how people feel about them first. But now, it doesn't matter if people say they're worth it or not, I won't be getting them.
post #86 of 1108510/13/11 at 10:48pmpost #87 of 1108510/13/11 at 10:51pmpost #88 of 1108510/13/11 at 10:58pm
DAMN!! , they sure planned it . i have been thinking ( all this 5 hrs, after i read about the LCD3) .
IF the LCD3 , Delivers! i mean if its really has the something like R10 / stax SR007 , DAMN it will SELL A LOT.
i mean all the people who like the LCD2 are potential customers, and more. there are not many who buy the STAX flagships ( 007/9 ) but i can see people buying LCD3 if its as good as the STAX.post #89 of 1108510/14/11 at 12:55am
Hate the new wood, would have preferred a new, more Stax-like metallic look, or just good old-fashioned black ....
Quote:post #90 of 1108510/14/11 at 2:59am
It's disappointing to see they didn't do anything to revise the leather headband as it's actually less comfortable than the older foam one. Still, this could be a non-issue if the cups turns out to be much lighter.
The $1995 price is interesting because it puts them above the other dynamic flagships straight into higher-end STAX territory. At that price-point, I do expect to see some MAJOR improvements.
- New Audeze LCD3
- Headphone Impedance
- › Three Word Story 7 seconds ago
- › Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread 11 seconds ago
- › Vape-Fi 55 seconds ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 1 minute ago
- › Audeze Trade-In, Trade-Up Program 1 minute ago
- › What happened ot the Ruizi thread? 2 minutes ago
- › "Ear Kegs" - MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III appreciation &... 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › Best DAC for under 250€? 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 4 minutes ago
- › Wired 3.5MM Headphones Earphones, Ghostek® Turbine Series Wired... by Cinder
- › Cleer DU High-Definition Dual Driver Headphone by moedawg140
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by thingol
- › Effect Audio Thor Coper IEM Upgrade Cable by Vitor Valeri
- › ZhiYin QT5 by Brooko
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by ekolite
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by slowpickr
- › Ghostek GHOHP001 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, soDrop Series aptX... by Cinder
- › MEE audio M7P Secure-Fit Sports In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Remote,... by suman134
- › Rock Jaw Alfa Genus V2 Earphones with In-Line Mic & 3x Tuning... by suman134
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...