Thinking of upgrading my LCD2 to LCD3, the channel imbalance issues seems rather disturbing though.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphone for me?!!? Last post on 12/28/13 at 9:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Second Headphones Advise Please!! Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 11/1/14 at 5:47am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: Today
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: Today
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be...
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
These headphones generally are excellent. They possess this remarkable mixture of openness and intimacy at the same time. There’s a true sense of soundstage, with a good width and depth and still...
Brainwavz S0 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation for the sample. Full Review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/743834/brainwavz-s0-review-by-mark2410 Brief: The S5 has a baby...
Over the recent months, Creative has been bursting out some pretty nice portable gears aiming from the basic casual user all the way up to serious audiophiles. Most importantly, they are pricing...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 495post #7411 of 97996/4/13 at 6:11am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7412 of 97996/4/13 at 8:16ampost #7413 of 97996/4/13 at 11:17ampost #7414 of 97996/4/13 at 11:28amThinking of upgrading my LCD2 to LCD3, the channel imbalance issues seems rather disturbing though.
Hopefully all who have ordered the LCD3 recently experience no problems with them. Hopefully my pair shipping tomorrow.post #7415 of 97996/4/13 at 11:57am
Justin, exactly in the same manner how I ordered BHSE from you :) And I wonder how much fedex will charge me to send it back, if it requires warranty repair.post #7416 of 97996/4/13 at 12:43pm
There is no authorized dealer in my country, so I wanted to order the lcd-3 from a store which is an authorized dealer located in a country right next to mine. I already had paid for it when the store contacted me telling me they just got a negative reply from Audeze: Audeze didn't want to send the store a pair for reselling it to another country than the one it is an authorized dealer in.
So, I've been forced to order directly from Audeze, or not buying at all ... :(
I don't have any problem so far, but I'm terrified by the idea of sending them back and the cost which comes with it !
Edited by CoolBurn - 6/4/13 at 12:45pmpost #7417 of 97996/4/13 at 12:47pmpost #7418 of 97996/4/13 at 12:51pmQuote:
There is another issue other than shipping costs... When it comes back from US, customs office will ask you to clear it again(VAT + import taxes). In order to avoid it, you have to fill out a special form and submit it to customs officer before you send the headphones for repair, so they will grant you special permit(well, read it as trash half/whole day, depending on your country customs office best practices). And when repaired headphones actually come back, you will have to prove the repair was free under warranty, otherwise they will tax you on repair costs.
Edited by bbbonthemoon - 6/4/13 at 12:55pmpost #7419 of 97996/4/13 at 12:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by bbbonthemoon
There is another issue other than shipping costs... When it comes back from US, customs office will ask you to clear it again(VAT + inport taxes). In order to avoid it, you have to see customs officer before you send the headphones for repair, so he will grant you special permit(well, read it as trash half/whole day, depending on your country customs office best practices). And when repaired headphones actually come back, you will have to prove the repair was free under warranty, otherwise they will tax you on repair costs.
I was already wondering what we should do about the VAT and import taxes in that case ...
Now you got me twice as horrified !post #7420 of 97996/4/13 at 12:59pmWow if I lived in another country and was faced with the prospects of getting hammered with those shipping charges and everything else I just don't think I would buy the Audeze product. Especially with their product quality the way it is. Living in Amerika at least it's not too bad just loss of use while out for repair and around $30+ for shipping.post #7421 of 97996/4/13 at 1:01pmpost #7422 of 97996/4/13 at 3:53pmQuote:
Yes just thinking of it is terrifying, especially for owner lives outside the State. But I received mine yesterday. They are from April 2013 batch. Perfect without any sing of imbalances, it is a jaw-dropping experience when the sound started to flow from them like melted butter into my ears (though needs to be burned in a little bit to open up more). The bass is revolutionary, never heard such thing before (not in Denon D7000, nor HE-500, which I own). I’m powering these gems with Soloist (very good and capable). The only thing I had with them is the force put by the headphone clamping. Wish they could be loosened a little bit. They can be an end-game reg for many.
Edited by nassq8 - 6/4/13 at 4:26pmpost #7423 of 97996/4/13 at 4:18pmpost #7424 of 97996/4/13 at 4:33pmpost #7425 of 97996/4/13 at 7:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by hekeli
How many comments have you read? Widespread or concensus doesn't mean much here. To me the bass was pretty much the same, LCD-2's maybe have slightly more mid punch and that's what I even remember from comments that I've read. Main reason for upgrading to LCD-3's is the better soundstage/airyness etc.
Exactly! My LCD2.2s had fantastic bass and punch which was clean beyond belief. That was not the problem I had. I need more detail, instrumental separation/placement, airiness, an actual soundstage, and clean and present treble. Now if all I was going to listen to was rock and metal, well then those cans worked just fine for that. Exemplary even. Unfortunately I listen to a lot more than those genres and 90%+ of the time at lower volumes as I value my hearing and would like to keep it. If I get the 3s and they do not perform as expected or malfunction they will go away ASAP. $2000 headphones better perform and not break. As long as they do what the company claims I will be a happy camper...
- New Audeze LCD3
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 seconds ago
- › Some HOT Science From Synergistic Research 54 seconds ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 2 minutes ago
- › how does Analog music sound differently from Digital music? 2 minutes ago
- › ACS T1 Live! Custom IEM Review: Silicone for the Big Stage 2 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 3 minutes ago
- › SV TCL & Associates Probe Company: Förvärv Förbättrar SV’s Tekniska... 4 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundApprentice
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)