Thinking of upgrading my LCD2 to LCD3, the channel imbalance issues seems rather disturbing though.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphone for me?!!? Last post on 12/28/13 at 9:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Second Headphones Advise Please!! Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Website to buy headphones? Last post on 3/22/13 at 12:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
DUNU TITAN 3 Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to DUNU for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/807020/dunu-titan-3-review-by-mark2410 Brief: DUNU’s Middle...
Thanks to Meze for allowing me to spend a week with these gorgeous headphones; it was a great listen!! And my apologies for taking a year to get something published regarding my impressions but...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 495post #7411 of 110866/4/13 at 6:11am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7412 of 110866/4/13 at 8:16ampost #7413 of 110866/4/13 at 11:17ampost #7414 of 110866/4/13 at 11:28amThinking of upgrading my LCD2 to LCD3, the channel imbalance issues seems rather disturbing though.
Hopefully all who have ordered the LCD3 recently experience no problems with them. Hopefully my pair shipping tomorrow.post #7415 of 110866/4/13 at 11:57am
Justin, exactly in the same manner how I ordered BHSE from you :) And I wonder how much fedex will charge me to send it back, if it requires warranty repair.post #7416 of 110866/4/13 at 12:43pm
There is no authorized dealer in my country, so I wanted to order the lcd-3 from a store which is an authorized dealer located in a country right next to mine. I already had paid for it when the store contacted me telling me they just got a negative reply from Audeze: Audeze didn't want to send the store a pair for reselling it to another country than the one it is an authorized dealer in.
So, I've been forced to order directly from Audeze, or not buying at all ... :(
I don't have any problem so far, but I'm terrified by the idea of sending them back and the cost which comes with it !
Edited by CoolBurn - 6/4/13 at 12:45pmpost #7417 of 110866/4/13 at 12:47pmpost #7418 of 110866/4/13 at 12:51pmQuote:
There is another issue other than shipping costs... When it comes back from US, customs office will ask you to clear it again(VAT + import taxes). In order to avoid it, you have to fill out a special form and submit it to customs officer before you send the headphones for repair, so they will grant you special permit(well, read it as trash half/whole day, depending on your country customs office best practices). And when repaired headphones actually come back, you will have to prove the repair was free under warranty, otherwise they will tax you on repair costs.
Edited by bbbonthemoon - 6/4/13 at 12:55pmpost #7419 of 110866/4/13 at 12:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by bbbonthemoon
There is another issue other than shipping costs... When it comes back from US, customs office will ask you to clear it again(VAT + inport taxes). In order to avoid it, you have to see customs officer before you send the headphones for repair, so he will grant you special permit(well, read it as trash half/whole day, depending on your country customs office best practices). And when repaired headphones actually come back, you will have to prove the repair was free under warranty, otherwise they will tax you on repair costs.
I was already wondering what we should do about the VAT and import taxes in that case ...
Now you got me twice as horrified !post #7420 of 110866/4/13 at 12:59pmWow if I lived in another country and was faced with the prospects of getting hammered with those shipping charges and everything else I just don't think I would buy the Audeze product. Especially with their product quality the way it is. Living in Amerika at least it's not too bad just loss of use while out for repair and around $30+ for shipping.post #7421 of 110866/4/13 at 1:01pmpost #7422 of 110866/4/13 at 3:53pmQuote:
Yes just thinking of it is terrifying, especially for owner lives outside the State. But I received mine yesterday. They are from April 2013 batch. Perfect without any sing of imbalances, it is a jaw-dropping experience when the sound started to flow from them like melted butter into my ears (though needs to be burned in a little bit to open up more). The bass is revolutionary, never heard such thing before (not in Denon D7000, nor HE-500, which I own). I’m powering these gems with Soloist (very good and capable). The only thing I had with them is the force put by the headphone clamping. Wish they could be loosened a little bit. They can be an end-game reg for many.
Edited by nassq8 - 6/4/13 at 4:26pmpost #7423 of 110866/4/13 at 4:18pmpost #7424 of 110866/4/13 at 4:33pmpost #7425 of 110866/4/13 at 7:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by hekeli
How many comments have you read? Widespread or concensus doesn't mean much here. To me the bass was pretty much the same, LCD-2's maybe have slightly more mid punch and that's what I even remember from comments that I've read. Main reason for upgrading to LCD-3's is the better soundstage/airyness etc.
Exactly! My LCD2.2s had fantastic bass and punch which was clean beyond belief. That was not the problem I had. I need more detail, instrumental separation/placement, airiness, an actual soundstage, and clean and present treble. Now if all I was going to listen to was rock and metal, well then those cans worked just fine for that. Exemplary even. Unfortunately I listen to a lot more than those genres and 90%+ of the time at lower volumes as I value my hearing and would like to keep it. If I get the 3s and they do not perform as expected or malfunction they will go away ASAP. $2000 headphones better perform and not break. As long as they do what the company claims I will be a happy camper...
- New Audeze LCD3
- Headphone Impedance
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 25 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 28 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 51 seconds ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 1 minute ago
- › New - Cowon Plenue S 2 minutes ago
- › Audio interface VS dac + headphone amp ? 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Seiun player, $150 player with monster spec. Too good to be true? 4 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN Series: 1/1es/3/5 -- Ti-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear"... 5 minutes ago
- › NEW: Tralucent Audio Plus5 BA IEM 6 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 3 by mark2410
- › Meze 99 Classics by s1rrah
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by moedawg140
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by Decommo
- › Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker II (Carbon) by ryanjsoo
- › iFi iPurifier 2 by knorris908
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by RedJohn456
- › Little Dot I+ by Shasari
- › Rhapsodio Solar by shotgunshane
- › Superlux HD-660 by Wiljen
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse