Thinking of upgrading my LCD2 to LCD3, the channel imbalance issues seems rather disturbing though.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 8/23/14 at 6:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 or LCD2 - questions about long-term comfort and longevity Last post on 8/22/14 at 12:39am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: Yesterday
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Before I get started, I’d like to thank the team at Audiofly and Billy from Noisy Motel for making this tour possible. I know that the AF140s have received some criticism so far which is always a...
Disclaimer: I received my R3s for free under the condition I would write a review for them. Purchase price reflects their going rate on a popular online retailer at the time of the review. The...
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 495post #7411 of 95596/4/13 at 6:11am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7412 of 95596/4/13 at 8:16ampost #7413 of 95596/4/13 at 11:17ampost #7414 of 95596/4/13 at 11:28amThinking of upgrading my LCD2 to LCD3, the channel imbalance issues seems rather disturbing though.
Hopefully all who have ordered the LCD3 recently experience no problems with them. Hopefully my pair shipping tomorrow.post #7415 of 95596/4/13 at 11:57am
Justin, exactly in the same manner how I ordered BHSE from you :) And I wonder how much fedex will charge me to send it back, if it requires warranty repair.post #7416 of 95596/4/13 at 12:43pm
There is no authorized dealer in my country, so I wanted to order the lcd-3 from a store which is an authorized dealer located in a country right next to mine. I already had paid for it when the store contacted me telling me they just got a negative reply from Audeze: Audeze didn't want to send the store a pair for reselling it to another country than the one it is an authorized dealer in.
So, I've been forced to order directly from Audeze, or not buying at all ... :(
I don't have any problem so far, but I'm terrified by the idea of sending them back and the cost which comes with it !
Edited by CoolBurn - 6/4/13 at 12:45pmpost #7417 of 95596/4/13 at 12:47pmpost #7418 of 95596/4/13 at 12:51pmQuote:
There is another issue other than shipping costs... When it comes back from US, customs office will ask you to clear it again(VAT + import taxes). In order to avoid it, you have to fill out a special form and submit it to customs officer before you send the headphones for repair, so they will grant you special permit(well, read it as trash half/whole day, depending on your country customs office best practices). And when repaired headphones actually come back, you will have to prove the repair was free under warranty, otherwise they will tax you on repair costs.
Edited by bbbonthemoon - 6/4/13 at 12:55pmpost #7419 of 95596/4/13 at 12:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by bbbonthemoon
There is another issue other than shipping costs... When it comes back from US, customs office will ask you to clear it again(VAT + inport taxes). In order to avoid it, you have to see customs officer before you send the headphones for repair, so he will grant you special permit(well, read it as trash half/whole day, depending on your country customs office best practices). And when repaired headphones actually come back, you will have to prove the repair was free under warranty, otherwise they will tax you on repair costs.
I was already wondering what we should do about the VAT and import taxes in that case ...
Now you got me twice as horrified !post #7420 of 95596/4/13 at 12:59pmWow if I lived in another country and was faced with the prospects of getting hammered with those shipping charges and everything else I just don't think I would buy the Audeze product. Especially with their product quality the way it is. Living in Amerika at least it's not too bad just loss of use while out for repair and around $30+ for shipping.post #7421 of 95596/4/13 at 1:01pmpost #7422 of 95596/4/13 at 3:53pmQuote:
Yes just thinking of it is terrifying, especially for owner lives outside the State. But I received mine yesterday. They are from April 2013 batch. Perfect without any sing of imbalances, it is a jaw-dropping experience when the sound started to flow from them like melted butter into my ears (though needs to be burned in a little bit to open up more). The bass is revolutionary, never heard such thing before (not in Denon D7000, nor HE-500, which I own). I’m powering these gems with Soloist (very good and capable). The only thing I had with them is the force put by the headphone clamping. Wish they could be loosened a little bit. They can be an end-game reg for many.
Edited by nassq8 - 6/4/13 at 4:26pmpost #7423 of 95596/4/13 at 4:18pmpost #7424 of 95596/4/13 at 4:33pmpost #7425 of 95596/4/13 at 7:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by hekeli
How many comments have you read? Widespread or concensus doesn't mean much here. To me the bass was pretty much the same, LCD-2's maybe have slightly more mid punch and that's what I even remember from comments that I've read. Main reason for upgrading to LCD-3's is the better soundstage/airyness etc.
Exactly! My LCD2.2s had fantastic bass and punch which was clean beyond belief. That was not the problem I had. I need more detail, instrumental separation/placement, airiness, an actual soundstage, and clean and present treble. Now if all I was going to listen to was rock and metal, well then those cans worked just fine for that. Exemplary even. Unfortunately I listen to a lot more than those genres and 90%+ of the time at lower volumes as I value my hearing and would like to keep it. If I get the 3s and they do not perform as expected or malfunction they will go away ASAP. $2000 headphones better perform and not break. As long as they do what the company claims I will be a happy camper...
- New Audeze LCD3
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › 2014 CanJam @ RMAF (October 10-12, 2014): The CanJam exhibitor list... 45 seconds ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman EF-5 headphone amplifier mods and rolls 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Meet in Lawrence Kansas! 9/13/2014 10am in Lawrence... 3 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on Limited Edition Shure SE215? 4 minutes ago
- › Meelctronics HT-21 Like New! 5 minutes ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)