Thinking of upgrading my LCD2 to LCD3, the channel imbalance issues seems rather disturbing though.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 8/23/14 at 6:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 or LCD2 - questions about long-term comfort and longevity Last post on 8/22/14 at 12:39am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 495post #7411 of 96026/4/13 at 6:11am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7412 of 96026/4/13 at 8:16ampost #7413 of 96026/4/13 at 11:17ampost #7414 of 96026/4/13 at 11:28amThinking of upgrading my LCD2 to LCD3, the channel imbalance issues seems rather disturbing though.
Hopefully all who have ordered the LCD3 recently experience no problems with them. Hopefully my pair shipping tomorrow.post #7415 of 96026/4/13 at 11:57am
Justin, exactly in the same manner how I ordered BHSE from you :) And I wonder how much fedex will charge me to send it back, if it requires warranty repair.post #7416 of 96026/4/13 at 12:43pm
There is no authorized dealer in my country, so I wanted to order the lcd-3 from a store which is an authorized dealer located in a country right next to mine. I already had paid for it when the store contacted me telling me they just got a negative reply from Audeze: Audeze didn't want to send the store a pair for reselling it to another country than the one it is an authorized dealer in.
So, I've been forced to order directly from Audeze, or not buying at all ... :(
I don't have any problem so far, but I'm terrified by the idea of sending them back and the cost which comes with it !
Edited by CoolBurn - 6/4/13 at 12:45pmpost #7417 of 96026/4/13 at 12:47pmpost #7418 of 96026/4/13 at 12:51pmQuote:
There is another issue other than shipping costs... When it comes back from US, customs office will ask you to clear it again(VAT + import taxes). In order to avoid it, you have to fill out a special form and submit it to customs officer before you send the headphones for repair, so they will grant you special permit(well, read it as trash half/whole day, depending on your country customs office best practices). And when repaired headphones actually come back, you will have to prove the repair was free under warranty, otherwise they will tax you on repair costs.
Edited by bbbonthemoon - 6/4/13 at 12:55pmpost #7419 of 96026/4/13 at 12:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by bbbonthemoon
There is another issue other than shipping costs... When it comes back from US, customs office will ask you to clear it again(VAT + inport taxes). In order to avoid it, you have to see customs officer before you send the headphones for repair, so he will grant you special permit(well, read it as trash half/whole day, depending on your country customs office best practices). And when repaired headphones actually come back, you will have to prove the repair was free under warranty, otherwise they will tax you on repair costs.
I was already wondering what we should do about the VAT and import taxes in that case ...
Now you got me twice as horrified !post #7420 of 96026/4/13 at 12:59pmWow if I lived in another country and was faced with the prospects of getting hammered with those shipping charges and everything else I just don't think I would buy the Audeze product. Especially with their product quality the way it is. Living in Amerika at least it's not too bad just loss of use while out for repair and around $30+ for shipping.post #7421 of 96026/4/13 at 1:01pmpost #7422 of 96026/4/13 at 3:53pmQuote:
Yes just thinking of it is terrifying, especially for owner lives outside the State. But I received mine yesterday. They are from April 2013 batch. Perfect without any sing of imbalances, it is a jaw-dropping experience when the sound started to flow from them like melted butter into my ears (though needs to be burned in a little bit to open up more). The bass is revolutionary, never heard such thing before (not in Denon D7000, nor HE-500, which I own). I’m powering these gems with Soloist (very good and capable). The only thing I had with them is the force put by the headphone clamping. Wish they could be loosened a little bit. They can be an end-game reg for many.
Edited by nassq8 - 6/4/13 at 4:26pmpost #7423 of 96026/4/13 at 4:18pmpost #7424 of 96026/4/13 at 4:33pmpost #7425 of 96026/4/13 at 7:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by hekeli
How many comments have you read? Widespread or concensus doesn't mean much here. To me the bass was pretty much the same, LCD-2's maybe have slightly more mid punch and that's what I even remember from comments that I've read. Main reason for upgrading to LCD-3's is the better soundstage/airyness etc.
Exactly! My LCD2.2s had fantastic bass and punch which was clean beyond belief. That was not the problem I had. I need more detail, instrumental separation/placement, airiness, an actual soundstage, and clean and present treble. Now if all I was going to listen to was rock and metal, well then those cans worked just fine for that. Exemplary even. Unfortunately I listen to a lot more than those genres and 90%+ of the time at lower volumes as I value my hearing and would like to keep it. If I get the 3s and they do not perform as expected or malfunction they will go away ASAP. $2000 headphones better perform and not break. As long as they do what the company claims I will be a happy camper...
- New Audeze LCD3
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 12 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 42 seconds ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT250 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Grado e Series 2 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50/DX90 Wallpaper (320x240) Gallery 5 minutes ago
- › Headstage arrow 4 T refurbished 9 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 12 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 13 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)