Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › New Audeze LCD3
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Audeze LCD3 - Page 488

post #7306 of 9585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moostrkraaft View Post

After my post (#7279) regarding a possible right channel issue, Alex PM'ed me with an offer to test my LCD-3s. I wanted to mention this because it further solidified in my mind the exceptional level of service and genuine concern that Audeze has for its customers, as well as its determination to maintain the integrity behind its products.

Audeze is truly remarkable and I love their sound. 


When they make their closed cans I'm gonna pick them up for sure!

 

I recently got the Vegan ear pads for my LCD3s and I'm loving them. No more heat. 

post #7307 of 9585

Why Audeze stopped selling headband as a separate accessory? even the leather one? So what if headband is broken?

post #7308 of 9585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moostrkraaft View Post

After my post (#7279) regarding a possible right channel issue, Alex PM'ed me with an offer to test my LCD-3s. I wanted to mention this because it further solidified in my mind the exceptional level of service and genuine concern that Audeze has for its customers, as well as its determination to maintain the integrity behind its products.

Impressive......smile.gif

post #7309 of 9585
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post

Why Audeze stopped selling headband as a separate accessory? even the leather one? So what if headband is broken?

 

I would e-mail to inquire. I recently got back on board with the LCD-2's (Love my 007's... but missed the LCD-2 intimacy at times) and as I did not find the new bumpy leather headband comfortable I e-mailed Audeze to see if they had any of the older foam headbands left (which had even padding, had good give and was very comfortable, despite its not-so-classy looks) and luckily they had one left in stock. So even if it  is not on the website you can always email to ask.

post #7310 of 9585

Just subscribed. Why? Just received the 3 in the mail.

 

 

AppleMark


Edited by Girls Generation - 2/27/13 at 7:04pm
post #7311 of 9585

And your thoughts thus far on any aspect you feel like sharing?  One thing is for sure: there's no way you won't like them.  If you liked the 2 which were good but still lacking, you'll love the 3.

post #7312 of 9585

I really didn't like the 3 because I could barely hear a difference.

 

Didn't.

 

But listening conditions were not ideal and I didn't give them enough time on a proper set up with proper cables. Doing so now, I hear it all. Seems like imaging is better, stage has more depth, treble is smoother, and I guess separation is better because I can differentiate instruments better than the 2, almost as if 2 mushes everything together, though that's exaggerating it a bit. I have to give it more time, and let my ears get used to the 3 since it's only been an hour since I've actually started listening to them and doing a/b.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPodPJ View Post

And your thoughts thus far on any aspect you feel like sharing?  One thing is for sure: there's no way you won't like them.  If you liked the 2 which were good but still lacking, you'll love the 3.

post #7313 of 9585

The HD800 is still the most responsive to different cables but the LCD3 is a very close second in that regard  The lesser sensitive phones aren't quite as dramatic.  My own geometry is inherently a balanced design and optimized for such, as I've always preferred balanced to single ended.  Some phones benefit more than others when driving them balanced with the HD800 at the top of the list and the LCD3 not far behind.  The LCD3 has become my preferred headphone for overall listening, which I never thought would happen since I have always felt the HD800 outperformed the LCD2 (of any revision).  The HD800 can still do things the LCD3 cannot, and vice versa.  At least Audez'e supplies customers with both terminations so they can at least hear the differences for themselves; something Sennheiser should do as well.  Then at least the consumer can fairly decide whether they want to purchase a cable upgrade from one of us.

post #7314 of 9585
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPodPJ View Post

 

It really all depends on the pair.  Compared to one pair I auditioned for many hours, my pair has a good 2-3x as much bass presence and impact between 50-120Hz.  My graph slightly reflects that, too, but not nearly as much as the actual audible results.  So there are LCD-3 out there that are relatively bass light, and others that have serious bass punch.

 

They really shouldn't vary to the point that you hear 2-3x bass. Earlier in this thread, it was discussed that if the ear cups do not make a good seal on your ears (or if you just hold the cups slightly away from your ears on purpose), that there is a significant increase in mid bass levels. If you are happy with what you are getting then that's great, but I wonder if your pair's ear cups either aren't sealed perfectly against the driver, or simply don't seal as well around your ear.

post #7315 of 9585
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_19 View Post

 

I would e-mail to inquire. I recently got back on board with the LCD-2's (Love my 007's... but missed the LCD-2 intimacy at times) and as I did not find the new bumpy leather headband comfortable I e-mailed Audeze to see if they had any of the older foam headbands left (which had even padding, had good give and was very comfortable, despite its not-so-classy looks) and luckily they had one left in stock. So even if it  is not on the website you can always email to ask.

Thanks~ we are having exactly the same problem. I never find leather headband comfortable. it always adds pressure on top of my head over a period of time while foam headband never does. I will probably email them too.

post #7316 of 9585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girls Generation View Post

Just subscribed. Why? Just received the 3 in the mail.

 

 

AppleMark

 

 

Now your LCD-2.2s will get next to no head-time..  That's what happened when I got my 3s.biggrin.gif

post #7317 of 9585
Quote:
Originally Posted by jontron View Post

So, tonight I've encountered somewhat of a disaster. I warmed up my Schiit Bifrost, and Lyr, turned on a song, then suddenly my right channel just went out. Completely.
 
I have no idea why or what has caused this but I am very concerned. I have contacted Audeze support about the issue, I'm not sure what they are gonna say but I just hope I can get this fixed. To make matters worse, I live all the way in Paris.
 
Any advice anyone can give me would be extremely helpful. The only things I've tried thus far is just switching out the cable ports to see if the cable was the issue…but its not.
 
Thanks guys,
Jon

 

Update for those interested:
 
I took my LCD3's back to the retailer. The owner of the shop is a good friend of mine and he said Audeze sent him an RMA. So, my LCD-3's are currently on their way back to the states to get fixed. Me and my friend have our theories as to why this happened, but I am going to wait to hear from Audeze to see what they come up with.
post #7318 of 9585

Going to save up to afford these tomato cans.


Edited by Uchiya - 4/14/13 at 1:06am
post #7319 of 9585

Wakey-wakey sleepy thread!

 

You haven't heard how good LCD-3 really is until you have heard them with HPA-21.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanDude View Post

Alex from Audeze listened to HPA-21 + LCD-3 20 minutes or so at the High End Show in Munich and then he noted that this was the best sound he had ever heard from their LCD-3!

post #7320 of 9585

Everyone Laugh out Loud....I know I know.......a $395. amp.......my LCD3s have never sounded better though. I can hardly wait till I get a grownup amp tongue.gif

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › New Audeze LCD3