Doh, LCD-2... not by default. The LCD-3 comes with both. Audeze sells the 4pin XLR separately for $80 I think. Don't think you'll find cheaper for an 8ft 20awg copper leash.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphone for me?!!? Last post on 12/28/13 at 9:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Second Headphones Advise Please!! Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Website to buy headphones? Last post on 3/22/13 at 12:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Budget audiophile brand Brainwavz Audio is back at it, closing out 2016 and kicking off 2017 with a bevy of new earphone offerings. Their timing was just right. Shortly before leaving for an...
Great lil on-ear headphone but a lil bit uncomfortable on ear. Not for someone who loves heavy bass but good for seeking clarity ;) My opinion, my first AKG product. Tried the AKG Y50 but to me,...
In Ears Prophile 8 IEM review January 2017 Intro I had heard of In Ears but did not know too much about them until I see them on the In-Ear stand at the Indulgence show in London...
MrZ's Toneking Musicmaker TingThe review that swayed me to get on-boardhttp://www.head-fi.org/products/musicmaker-ting/reviews/15584The slightly down-line 1/2 price...
Shozy has kindly provided me a review unit in exchange for the honest opinion. They are in active use for about 6 months. I should first note that my experience with IEM is a bit limited by now, so...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 463post #6931 of 113181/9/13 at 11:52am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6932 of 113181/9/13 at 11:52am
The 3 comes with both types of cables, I don't remember the 2 coming with a balanced stock cable. Maybe they've changed that since I last bought a pair though.post #6933 of 113181/9/13 at 11:58amAh. My bad. I'm looking at LCD2, just asking here since the cables share terminations and this thread seemed more active than the 2 thread. I might be able to get them to sell me a LCD2 with the balanced cable instead of the 1/4.
Still would be interested to find a silver cable though. Not much of a cable sound believer, but trying to aim for a darker headphone with bright transparent amp/dac/cable to balance the spectrum. Silver cables generally are regarded as being so. I got one from Chris_himself for my HD800 and while it is light, it's pretty rigid. Looking for nearly-floppy flexibility. Perhaps I'm confined to copper with that requirement.post #6934 of 113181/9/13 at 12:08pmpost #6935 of 113181/9/13 at 12:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by Maxvla
Ah. My bad. I'm looking at LCD2, just asking here since the cables share terminations and this thread seemed more active than the 2 thread. I might be able to get them to sell me a LCD2 with the balanced cable instead of the 1/4.
Still would be interested to find a silver cable though. Not much of a cable sound believer, but trying to aim for a darker headphone with bright transparent amp/dac/cable to balance the spectrum. Silver cables generally are regarded as being so. I got one from Chris_himself for my HD800 and while it is light, it's pretty rigid. Looking for nearly-floppy flexibility. Perhaps I'm confined to copper with that requirement.
I bought some of the XLR cables so i could offer it this way. i had not considered offering the XLR as a replacement for the 1/4" though.post #6936 of 113181/9/13 at 12:25pmPerhaps I'm a bit goofy, though. I've been balanced only since 2009, aside from IEMs which I do actually have a balanced cable for, but don't use much. I would have no use for a 1/4 except for people to try my headphones on other amps at a meet.post #6937 of 113181/9/13 at 12:39pmQuote:
Q Audio cables meet all of your needs except silver.
Actually, I might have a spare stock balanced cable from the LCD-3 that I'd be happy to send you. PM if you're interested, and I'll check once I get home from work.post #6938 of 113181/9/13 at 12:52pmpost #6939 of 113181/9/13 at 1:08pmpost #6940 of 113181/9/13 at 1:42pmQuote:
Balanced Q Audio for the LCD-3. Best ergonomics in a cable, haven't compared sonics with the stock. I have a single-ended Black Dragon cable for my HD800 and much prefer the Q.post #6941 of 113181/9/13 at 2:28pmThread Starterpost #6942 of 113181/9/13 at 2:32pmpost #6943 of 113181/9/13 at 2:40pmQuote:
Norse cables can offer that. Pretty good damn cable if you ask me..post #6944 of 113181/9/13 at 3:00pm
- New Audeze LCD3
- Headphone Impedance
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 22 seconds ago
- › Hifiman Edition X 1 minute ago
- › High End CIEM/IEM Thread! 2 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 2 minutes ago
- › CanJam NYC 2017 (February 4-5, 2017) 2 minutes ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 2 minutes ago
- › Rock IEM around $300 3 minutes ago
- › New Audio-gd DAC-19 [10th Anniversary Edition] 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by SoundApprentice
- › AKG K403 by IkuMiku96
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by FortisFlyer75
- › MusicMaker Ting by Redcarmoose
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear