Doh, LCD-2... not by default. The LCD-3 comes with both. Audeze sells the 4pin XLR separately for $80 I think. Don't think you'll find cheaper for an 8ft 20awg copper leash.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 11/12/13 at 5:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 or LCD2 - questions about long-term comfort and longevity Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:23pm in High-end Audio Forum
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
I could not recommend these headphones more, they sound better than anything else i have had the opportunity to listen to for more than five minutes. They take the best parts of the headphones i...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 463post #6931 of 86581/9/13 at 11:52am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6932 of 86581/9/13 at 11:52ampost #6933 of 86581/9/13 at 11:58amAh. My bad. I'm looking at LCD2, just asking here since the cables share terminations and this thread seemed more active than the 2 thread. I might be able to get them to sell me a LCD2 with the balanced cable instead of the 1/4.
Still would be interested to find a silver cable though. Not much of a cable sound believer, but trying to aim for a darker headphone with bright transparent amp/dac/cable to balance the spectrum. Silver cables generally are regarded as being so. I got one from Chris_himself for my HD800 and while it is light, it's pretty rigid. Looking for nearly-floppy flexibility. Perhaps I'm confined to copper with that requirement.post #6934 of 86581/9/13 at 12:08pmpost #6935 of 86581/9/13 at 12:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by Maxvla
Ah. My bad. I'm looking at LCD2, just asking here since the cables share terminations and this thread seemed more active than the 2 thread. I might be able to get them to sell me a LCD2 with the balanced cable instead of the 1/4.
Still would be interested to find a silver cable though. Not much of a cable sound believer, but trying to aim for a darker headphone with bright transparent amp/dac/cable to balance the spectrum. Silver cables generally are regarded as being so. I got one from Chris_himself for my HD800 and while it is light, it's pretty rigid. Looking for nearly-floppy flexibility. Perhaps I'm confined to copper with that requirement.
I bought some of the XLR cables so i could offer it this way. i had not considered offering the XLR as a replacement for the 1/4" though.post #6936 of 86581/9/13 at 12:25pmPerhaps I'm a bit goofy, though. I've been balanced only since 2009, aside from IEMs which I do actually have a balanced cable for, but don't use much. I would have no use for a 1/4 except for people to try my headphones on other amps at a meet.post #6937 of 86581/9/13 at 12:39pmQuote:
Q Audio cables meet all of your needs except silver.
Actually, I might have a spare stock balanced cable from the LCD-3 that I'd be happy to send you. PM if you're interested, and I'll check once I get home from work.post #6938 of 86581/9/13 at 12:52pmpost #6939 of 86581/9/13 at 1:08pmpost #6940 of 86581/9/13 at 1:42pmQuote:
Balanced Q Audio for the LCD-3. Best ergonomics in a cable, haven't compared sonics with the stock. I have a single-ended Black Dragon cable for my HD800 and much prefer the Q.post #6941 of 86581/9/13 at 2:28pmThread Starterpost #6942 of 86581/9/13 at 2:32pmpost #6943 of 86581/9/13 at 2:40pmQuote:
Norse cables can offer that. Pretty good damn cable if you ask me..post #6944 of 86581/9/13 at 3:00pm
- New Audeze LCD3
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › The "IEMs That Significantly Perform BELOW Their Price Point" Thread 8 seconds ago
- › The Sad State Of The So Called Audiophile DAP Market 56 seconds ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 1 minute ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Official 2014 SoCal Head-Fi Meet, March 22, 2014, Westin South... 3 minutes ago
- › 8 years ago . . . 3 minutes ago
- › Please Help to choose IEM - SE535 or XBA-H3 4 minutes ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 5 minutes ago
- › worst date stories 6 minutes ago
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude