Doh, LCD-2... not by default. The LCD-3 comes with both. Audeze sells the 4pin XLR separately for $80 I think. Don't think you'll find cheaper for an 8ft 20awg copper leash.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphone for me?!!? Last post on 12/28/13 at 9:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Second Headphones Advise Please!! Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Website to buy headphones? Last post on 3/22/13 at 12:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I’ll be honest. When I was offered a review unit of the Turbines, I was not really looking forward to reviewing them. The CGI render of the Turbines that Ghostek commonly uses for promotion...
Review: Cleer DU High Definition Dual-Driver Headphone Introduction It was a brisk day in a suburb of Chicago, Illinois. I attended AXPONA, which is the Audio Expo North...
The ED9 is overall a good and very funny iem from China. build + design: The metal housing shows confidence and it looks like it won't break for a long time. I did like the looks...
(Player: Cowon Plenue D ; Earphone: JH5) Before I start, I must say that this was not the beginning of my experience with the brand cables. I own the Ares cable also (first model) and make...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION Firstly I want to thank a local NZ Head-Fier (AudioDHD) for allowing me to spend some time...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 463post #6931 of 110851/9/13 at 11:52am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6932 of 110851/9/13 at 11:52am
The 3 comes with both types of cables, I don't remember the 2 coming with a balanced stock cable. Maybe they've changed that since I last bought a pair though.post #6933 of 110851/9/13 at 11:58amAh. My bad. I'm looking at LCD2, just asking here since the cables share terminations and this thread seemed more active than the 2 thread. I might be able to get them to sell me a LCD2 with the balanced cable instead of the 1/4.
Still would be interested to find a silver cable though. Not much of a cable sound believer, but trying to aim for a darker headphone with bright transparent amp/dac/cable to balance the spectrum. Silver cables generally are regarded as being so. I got one from Chris_himself for my HD800 and while it is light, it's pretty rigid. Looking for nearly-floppy flexibility. Perhaps I'm confined to copper with that requirement.post #6934 of 110851/9/13 at 12:08pmpost #6935 of 110851/9/13 at 12:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by Maxvla
Ah. My bad. I'm looking at LCD2, just asking here since the cables share terminations and this thread seemed more active than the 2 thread. I might be able to get them to sell me a LCD2 with the balanced cable instead of the 1/4.
Still would be interested to find a silver cable though. Not much of a cable sound believer, but trying to aim for a darker headphone with bright transparent amp/dac/cable to balance the spectrum. Silver cables generally are regarded as being so. I got one from Chris_himself for my HD800 and while it is light, it's pretty rigid. Looking for nearly-floppy flexibility. Perhaps I'm confined to copper with that requirement.
I bought some of the XLR cables so i could offer it this way. i had not considered offering the XLR as a replacement for the 1/4" though.post #6936 of 110851/9/13 at 12:25pmPerhaps I'm a bit goofy, though. I've been balanced only since 2009, aside from IEMs which I do actually have a balanced cable for, but don't use much. I would have no use for a 1/4 except for people to try my headphones on other amps at a meet.post #6937 of 110851/9/13 at 12:39pmQuote:
Q Audio cables meet all of your needs except silver.
Actually, I might have a spare stock balanced cable from the LCD-3 that I'd be happy to send you. PM if you're interested, and I'll check once I get home from work.post #6938 of 110851/9/13 at 12:52pmpost #6939 of 110851/9/13 at 1:08pmpost #6940 of 110851/9/13 at 1:42pmQuote:
Balanced Q Audio for the LCD-3. Best ergonomics in a cable, haven't compared sonics with the stock. I have a single-ended Black Dragon cable for my HD800 and much prefer the Q.post #6941 of 110851/9/13 at 2:28pmThread Starterpost #6942 of 110851/9/13 at 2:32pmpost #6943 of 110851/9/13 at 2:40pmQuote:
Norse cables can offer that. Pretty good damn cable if you ask me..post #6944 of 110851/9/13 at 3:00pm
- New Audeze LCD3
- Headphone Impedance
- › Football (Soccer) Fans Gather 19 seconds ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 54 seconds ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 1 minute ago
- › [FS][FT] Rare black box AKG K1000! SN=35XX heavy bass 1 minute ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 1 minute ago
- › Q French Silk 2.0 m Headphone Cable for Audeze LCD-2, LCD-3,... 1 minute ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 7 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 vs Beyerdynamic DT 880 vs Sennheiser HD598 8 minutes ago
- › Wired 3.5MM Headphones Earphones, Ghostek® Turbine Series Wired... by Cinder
- › Cleer DU High-Definition Dual Driver Headphone by moedawg140
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by thingol
- › Effect Audio Thor Coper IEM Upgrade Cable by Vitor Valeri
- › ZhiYin QT5 by Brooko
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by ekolite
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by slowpickr
- › Ghostek GHOHP001 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, soDrop Series aptX... by Cinder
- › MEE audio M7P Secure-Fit Sports In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Remote,... by suman134
- › Rock Jaw Alfa Genus V2 Earphones with In-Line Mic & 3x Tuning... by suman134
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...