Doh, LCD-2... not by default. The LCD-3 comes with both. Audeze sells the 4pin XLR separately for $80 I think. Don't think you'll find cheaper for an 8ft 20awg copper leash.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphone for me?!!? Last post on 12/28/13 at 9:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Second Headphones Advise Please!! Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Website to buy headphones? Last post on 3/22/13 at 12:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Ampsandsound Agartha: Silken Simplicity Reviewed by: Dillan (Photo source: ampsandsound.com) Introduction Tube amplifiers are a real hard thing to get right. Some people...
I first started with the ath a900x which i fell in love with. Recently they broke, and i did not have the money to purchases them again or the newer model. So i took a chance and got the a550z, for...
-Introduction- RHA is an interesting company. It has forged its own place within the audiophile world, making a name for itself based on the industrial design language of its products and the...
Welcome to the review of wireless + Wired High resolution in ear monitors Advanced Model 3. Disclaimer: This headphones were a sample provided by Advanced team for my review. I am not...
iBasso IT03 [1xDD 2xBA] Introduction: the mission statement of the company iBasso is “To capture the essence of music for all to enjoy” On their Facebook banner it also reads “We...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 463post #6931 of 111291/9/13 at 11:52am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6932 of 111291/9/13 at 11:52am
The 3 comes with both types of cables, I don't remember the 2 coming with a balanced stock cable. Maybe they've changed that since I last bought a pair though.post #6933 of 111291/9/13 at 11:58amAh. My bad. I'm looking at LCD2, just asking here since the cables share terminations and this thread seemed more active than the 2 thread. I might be able to get them to sell me a LCD2 with the balanced cable instead of the 1/4.
Still would be interested to find a silver cable though. Not much of a cable sound believer, but trying to aim for a darker headphone with bright transparent amp/dac/cable to balance the spectrum. Silver cables generally are regarded as being so. I got one from Chris_himself for my HD800 and while it is light, it's pretty rigid. Looking for nearly-floppy flexibility. Perhaps I'm confined to copper with that requirement.post #6934 of 111291/9/13 at 12:08pmpost #6935 of 111291/9/13 at 12:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by Maxvla
Ah. My bad. I'm looking at LCD2, just asking here since the cables share terminations and this thread seemed more active than the 2 thread. I might be able to get them to sell me a LCD2 with the balanced cable instead of the 1/4.
Still would be interested to find a silver cable though. Not much of a cable sound believer, but trying to aim for a darker headphone with bright transparent amp/dac/cable to balance the spectrum. Silver cables generally are regarded as being so. I got one from Chris_himself for my HD800 and while it is light, it's pretty rigid. Looking for nearly-floppy flexibility. Perhaps I'm confined to copper with that requirement.
I bought some of the XLR cables so i could offer it this way. i had not considered offering the XLR as a replacement for the 1/4" though.post #6936 of 111291/9/13 at 12:25pmPerhaps I'm a bit goofy, though. I've been balanced only since 2009, aside from IEMs which I do actually have a balanced cable for, but don't use much. I would have no use for a 1/4 except for people to try my headphones on other amps at a meet.post #6937 of 111291/9/13 at 12:39pmQuote:
Q Audio cables meet all of your needs except silver.
Actually, I might have a spare stock balanced cable from the LCD-3 that I'd be happy to send you. PM if you're interested, and I'll check once I get home from work.post #6938 of 111291/9/13 at 12:52pmpost #6939 of 111291/9/13 at 1:08pmpost #6940 of 111291/9/13 at 1:42pmQuote:
Balanced Q Audio for the LCD-3. Best ergonomics in a cable, haven't compared sonics with the stock. I have a single-ended Black Dragon cable for my HD800 and much prefer the Q.post #6941 of 111291/9/13 at 2:28pmThread Starterpost #6942 of 111291/9/13 at 2:32pmpost #6943 of 111291/9/13 at 2:40pmQuote:
Norse cables can offer that. Pretty good damn cable if you ask me..post #6944 of 111291/9/13 at 3:00pm
- New Audeze LCD3
- Headphone Impedance
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 20 seconds ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 58 seconds ago
- › Review of the Little-Dot MKII Tube Headphone Amp/Pre-Amp 1 minute ago
- › Wired Headphones is Dead the future is wireless 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 1 minute ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Earsonics SM64: The Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 4 minutes ago
- › RHA T20 by RaoulRutnam
- › ampsandsound Agartha Single-Ended Amplifier by Dillan
- › audio-technica ATH-A550Z Art-Monitor Headphones by rickyday
- › Advanced Sound by gprs007
- › iBasso IT03 by jon parker
- › Arcam irDAC-II - DAC, Headphone Amp, Bluetooth Streamer by crabdog
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by dubbcd
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones with Microphone and Remote... by dnun8086
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by peter123
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by FUYU
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...