Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › New Audeze LCD3
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Audeze LCD3 - Page 453

post #6781 of 9749
gentlemen, i am convinced.... I am going to buy a LCD-3. But before, i have 2 questions :

- I saw that we can choose leather or velour Pads. Which are the most confortable ? Which one most people get ?

- does it has à Good synergy With à iBasso DX100 DAP ? Is it really à Good match ... Or can you suggest à better portable source ? ( at home i Will have for it the new RedWineAudio Balanced DAC/Amp as source :-))))

Tanks in advance for your advices
post #6782 of 9749
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmichels View Post

gentlemen, i am convinced.... I am going to buy a LCD-3. But before, i have 2 questions :
- I saw that we can choose leather or velour Pads. Which are the most confortable ? Which one most people get ?
- does it has à Good synergy With à iBasso DX100 DAP ? Is it really à Good match ... Or can you suggest à better portable source ? ( at home i Will have for it the new RedWineAudio Balanced DAC/Amp as source :-))))
Tanks in advance for your advices

The LCD-3 leather pads are significantly more comfortable than the LCD-2's leather version.

So without question, go with the leather pads.

 

Not an portable user. However the Ibasso seems fine.  

post #6783 of 9749
The faux pads are very nice, I would have ordered with them. This is all individual preference...
You can always get the other pads afterwards, though
post #6784 of 9749

The RWA will be fine.  The iBasso if you like it is probably fine as a source but not amp.  Even the numbers listed are probably optimistic and if nothing else the LCD will suck the batteries dry fast :D

post #6785 of 9749
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmichels View Post

gentlemen, i am convinced.... I am going to buy a LCD-3. But before, i have 2 questions :
- I saw that we can choose leather or velour Pads. Which are the most confortable ? Which one most people get ?
- does it has à Good synergy With à iBasso DX100 DAP ? Is it really à Good match ... Or can you suggest à better portable source ? ( at home i Will have for it the new RedWineAudio Balanced DAC/Amp as source :-))))
Tanks in advance for your advices

 

I have both the LCD-3 and the DX100 and while they are indeed a good match, the DX100 will not drive the LCD-3 to realize its full potential (i.e. the WA22 sounds much better with the LCD-3). That said, the DX100 is good value for money being a DAC / portable amp combo and it impressed quite a few people during a mini meet I attended recently (you know who you are wink.gif).

post #6786 of 9749
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lan647 View Post

 

Comfort is easily the second most important factor for me. No matter how amazingly good a headphone sounds I could never live with it if it caused me physical pain. The LCD-3 isn't uncomfortable to me though, but the 2s would bother me after long listening sessions. 

I guess we could tell that by your avatar!very_evil_smiley.gif

post #6787 of 9749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lan647 View Post

 

Comfort is easily the second most important factor for me. No matter how amazingly good a headphone sounds I could never live with it if it caused me physical pain. The LCD-3 isn't uncomfortable to me though, but the 2s would bother me after long listening sessions. 


Exactly, I spend many hours with phones on my head and with the HD800s/TH900s, I actually never feel they're there. If you are paying $1k+ for anything, you expect it to be capable of having that feature.

post #6788 of 9749

 

 

1000

 

Patrick Bateman loves his LCD-3 beyersmile.png



EDIT: I refined it a bit, filling in blank spots beneath the headband and adding some shadows to make it look more realistic. tongue.gif


Edited by Lan647 - 12/10/12 at 12:28pm
post #6789 of 9749

But is he really listening to it or is it all in his head?

post #6790 of 9749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio_head View Post

But is he really listening to it or is it all in his head?

 

Good one!  biggrin.gif

post #6791 of 9749
Thread Starter 

Man that guy has white teeth!

post #6792 of 9749

Hello from Stuttgart!,

 

I was thinking of getting a LCD3 but I have some questions for you :)

 

After looking at the Audeze website it seems that they don't offer shipping to Germany. At first I wanted to buy the HD 800 but they apparently do not offer the sound signature I was looking for (deep low bass, warm sounding)

 

After reading things about "veiled" and "unveiled" I'm a little bit hesitant to buy it from a reseller in Germany because they may have the "old" model. Is this still an issue?

 

The amp I considered was the Woo Audio WA2 or the Violectric v200.

 

I'm looking forward to hearing from you guys :)

 

Best Regards,

 

Alex

 

EDIT: One little thing I have to add, they only sell it for approximately €2000 in Germany what's equivalent to almost $2650. Even with customs I would probably be better off with one shipped directly from the U.S.


Edited by Cavcalade - 12/15/12 at 8:01am
post #6793 of 9749

I wouldn't buy from any other reseller than Audeze itself right now. Audez'e quality control seems to have improved to the point where the "veiled" issue is handled with, but you never know what's still in stock at resellers. 

post #6794 of 9749

I wouldn't worry so much about it...  I just recently bought mine from headamp and everything seems fine.

 

You still get the warranty, and it comes with a FR graph that shows the date it was made.

post #6795 of 9749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lan647 View Post

I wouldn't buy from any other reseller than Audeze itself right now. Audez'e quality control seems to have improved to the point where the "veiled" issue is handled with, but you never know what's still in stock at resellers. 

 

I thought the exact same thing. Almost every country available except Germany and Switzerland. Probably because they have many dealers in Germany. But they're probably sitting on older LCD-3's.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DairyProduce View Post

I wouldn't worry so much about it...  I just recently bought mine from headamp and everything seems fine.

 

You still get the warranty, and it comes with a FR graph that shows the date it was made.

 

Yeah, I think the dealers in the U.S. maybe have more recent models in their stock. Nonetheless, I'll try one out in January.

 

The dealers here should be able to order a new model with a recent manufacturing date from Audeze or I'll write them whether it is possible to order directly or not.

 

Thanks for your answers guys!


Edited by Cavcalade - 12/15/12 at 1:21pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › New Audeze LCD3