Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › New Audeze LCD3
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Audeze LCD3 - Page 451

post #6751 of 9629

Can't very well use the LCD-3 without an amp so... ya what prep said ^^^

post #6752 of 9629
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post

 

 

 

 

1000

 

lol

post #6753 of 9629
thinking about possibly picking up the LCD3.

will the ALO Audio Pan Am amp that I just bought be able to drive them easily?
i read that its a good match for the LCD2, but I'm more interested in the 3.

thanks.
post #6754 of 9629
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post

I would love to be able to compare the Mjolnir with the GS-X at the meet.  However, who knows when the GS-X will be ready.

 

i'll be bringing it to the meet.  it should be 1 step further...which is, i'll have the front panels, they'll just be raw aluminum.  the rest of the amp has been done.  i'll bring along the LCD-3, hifiman he-500 & he-6, and akg k1000, all with balanced 4-pin XLR cables.

HeadAmp Audio Electronics - home of the Pico and Gilmore amps.  Now with Audeze, Fostex, HiFiMAN, Sennheiser, and STAX.
Find us at www.HeadAmp.com

Reply
post #6755 of 9629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio_head View Post

Also, don't assume that just because Craig is thinking of releasing a version with a different tube that it will happen.  Even amps that have made it to the prototyping stage have been scrapped, heck they've even gone "into production" but lacked enough interest for a run.  Even if all the stars align and it happens, it will be significantly more expensive with the differences being batted around.  At Craig's $1500 special, there is no dynamic tube amp that competes with it - something possibly happening in the future at greater expenditure (and worse footprint for things like desk use) would not make the current iteration a "bad buy" - especially considering how often Craig does non-first run specials (never.)  

 

If the rumored new EC 2A3 does come out, it won't be $1500 either. It won't be anytime soon. I know he's busy testing the Electra.


Edited by purrin - 11/26/12 at 7:05pm
post #6756 of 9629

I'm thinking of buying the headphone but i'm wondering how well they would do for when traveling to work riding the bus, is there allot of sound leakage? would the person sitting next to me be able to hear what i'm listening to?

 

Am looking at pairing it with the ALO Rx MK3-B, and theCypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo -dB so my main concern is how well the headphones would do around other people.

Any help would be great

post #6757 of 9629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnb View Post

I'm thinking of buying the headphone but i'm wondering how well they would do for when traveling to work riding the bus, is there allot of sound leakage? would the person sitting next to me be able to hear what i'm listening to?

 

Am looking at pairing it with the ALO Rx MK3-B, and theCypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo -dB so my main concern is how well the headphones would do around other people.

Any help would be great

 

Yes there is a LOT of leakage. They are completely open back design. So do consider your choice of music before inflicting it on your bus neighbour. To be perfectly honest, with headphones so large, I would feel uneasy and slightly embarrassed wearing them in public places...but that's just me.

post #6758 of 9629

Yeah i was kinda afraid that there would be a LOT of leakage, really do want a great pair of headphones but i really want detachable cables as i've had to much trouble with cables wearing out and it's hard to find a good closed pair with detachable cables so i thought of going with one of the best headphones.
 

post #6759 of 9629

A lot of better IEMs and pretty much all CIEMs have detachable cables.  Some closed on-ear and full-sized headphones do now as well.

post #6760 of 9629

AFAIK, Audez'e may be coming out with a pair of closed-back cans. May wanna check those out if they do come out. I think Jude did a pictures thread on them...

post #6761 of 9629
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackat View Post

AFAIK, Audez'e may be coming out with a pair of closed-back cans. May wanna check those out if they do come out. I think Jude did a pictures thread on them...

Yep, likely sometime in March. A little birdy told me the SQ is between the LCD2 and LCD3.
Edited by IPodPJ - 12/3/12 at 9:04pm
post #6762 of 9629

Yeah i saw the thread on the closed back one, they look perfect for my needs. Am glad to hear i'd only have to wait till march as i will grab a pair of these for sure.

Wasn't looking forward to paying $2000 and over for a pair of Fostex TH-900 when i can't even remove the cable or ear pads myself, so would of just added to the price to get all that custom.

post #6763 of 9629

Hopefully it won't be $4000, considering the inflation of headphones prices as of late.

post #6764 of 9629

Hopefully by March they'll have gotten it out of prototype. It did not even approach the LCD-3's performance. And for a closed can they have some stiff competition.

post #6765 of 9629

The TH900 is fantastic though. I was really surprised. Don't count it out just yet. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnb View Post

Yeah i saw the thread on the closed back one, they look perfect for my needs. Am glad to hear i'd only have to wait till march as i will grab a pair of these for sure.

Wasn't looking forward to paying $2000 and over for a pair of Fostex TH-900 when i can't even remove the cable or ear pads myself, so would of just added to the price to get all that custom.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › New Audeze LCD3