As I thought!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphone for me?!!? Last post on 12/28/13 at 9:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Second Headphones Advise Please!! Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Website to buy headphones? Last post on 3/22/13 at 12:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Sennheiser US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. While waiting to receive my review unit of recently...
What's In The Box? The cardboard box itself is a cute little deal, with the Noble logo and the Wizard's signature. On the top left, the model and serial number are handwritten (apparently I'm the...
SUPERLUX HD 669 Review & comparison with HD 681-EVO. Take what I say with a grain of salt, I have not experienced many headphones and I've only had the 669 for a fairly brief amount of time....
Have been listening to my new iCAN Micro for couple weeks now. Before that I use the headphone output directly out of my iDSD Micro. First of all i just want to say that iDSD Micro is great....
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 449post #6721 of 1027911/23/12 at 9:34pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6722 of 1027911/24/12 at 1:11amQuote:
Compared using the same front end; K01 & Kubala Fascination balanced interconnects the Mjolnir beats the ECBA with the LCD3s on all fronts.
The bass has a lot more slam. Vocals are cleaner and more upfront.
Treble is nicely extended with quite a bit more shimmer and sparkle.
Instruments also seem to have more air around them.
Only the left & right width is more or less the same.
.post #6723 of 1027911/24/12 at 6:53ampost #6724 of 1027911/24/12 at 6:56ampost #6725 of 1027911/24/12 at 7:00ampost #6726 of 1027911/24/12 at 7:03amQuote:
No! I still really want the Super 7.post #6727 of 1027911/24/12 at 7:07ampost #6728 of 1027911/24/12 at 7:12amQuote:
I would prefer the Stratus over the Woo and the Super 7 over both. S7 really, really impressed me. But I do not want to get into owning multiple amps.post #6729 of 1027911/24/12 at 7:43amIf it's as good as you anticipate, you should have no problems moving current gear as it's market is solid. If you don't get it, you'll always feel you let one get away. If it's above the rest, you can grow older knowing you aren't missing anything.post #6730 of 1027911/24/12 at 8:06amQuote:
Considering I haven't gotten to spend much time with the S7, I'm not sure how much better it is than Mjolnir.
And specifically with which headphones.
I am completely happy with Mojo and LCD-3.
Considering selling the HE-6 and trying the HD800 again. Which is what I'd like the S7 for.
I'm also considering getting into a mid-tier Stax system, if I can afford it at all.post #6731 of 1027911/24/12 at 8:48am
i just put my order in for the Mjolnir :D so ill be trying that out with the LCD-3 and the Anedio D2. my plan is to use it a solid first option until i can get around to come more meets to hear some higher end tube amps with the LCD-3s, like the stratus to see if they really are better than the Mjolnir, before i go plopping down the big bucks for them.
The F1 sounds pretty excellent with them, i just have almost no play in the volume, im at the very bottom with the D2, typically between 5-15 sometimes up to like 20 if im really rocking
Now that youve got a better DAC youd probably like that mjolnir more you should probably pick up another one Solude
Edited by SoupRKnowva - 11/24/12 at 8:50ampost #6732 of 1027911/24/12 at 10:01ampost #6733 of 1027911/24/12 at 10:13am
Just picked up the a-100 miniX so we can have it for the meet. I'll more than likely sell it after. I just want to compare when we have all these amps together. Although, no tube amps except the Single Power.post #6734 of 1027911/24/12 at 10:50amQuote:
Well you wouldnt need all of them right? youre building a b22 yourself, and there were several you didnt like at all, you could just get a few of them maybe throw in a few different tube amps like the Super 7 or the DNA Stratus this time...though maybe thats just me being selfish
- New Audeze LCD3
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Verb IEM Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › Alclair 'Reference' In-Ear Monitor Review 4 minutes ago
- › Top Gear 4 minutes ago
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Chord&Major Major6'13 "Ballad" by kalbee
- › Audio Technica ATH-M2X Mid-size open-back headphones by ahnvx
- › xDuoo X2 by getclikinagas
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by De1taE1even
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2