As I thought!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphone for me?!!? Last post on 12/28/13 at 9:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Second Headphones Advise Please!! Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Website to buy headphones? Last post on 3/22/13 at 12:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Intro/Setup The full-size closed under $200 category is a very popular one among pro’s and casual listeners alike. The most similar competitor to this I own is the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro...
Fantastic sound quality! Very clean, detailed and balanced sound. Really strong power for high impedance headphones. Best buy until US 250,00.. It can drive easily my AKG K702 (famous for being...
Great sound, strong bass, great construct quality, very confortable, warm sound. This is a real overall headphone. Everything will sound good on it (not a real reference headphone). Fantastic for...
Great sound, great tone, very well balanced, very clean, great bass (not lacking), detailed sound. Everything sounds great on the SENNHEISER HD 598.
Fantastic Reference Headphones, fantastic sound clarity and definition. The soundstage is the best! Incredible detailed sound and instruments separation. Not for everyone. This is a very honest...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 449post #6721 of 1044311/23/12 at 9:34pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6722 of 1044311/24/12 at 1:11amQuote:
Compared using the same front end; K01 & Kubala Fascination balanced interconnects the Mjolnir beats the ECBA with the LCD3s on all fronts.
The bass has a lot more slam. Vocals are cleaner and more upfront.
Treble is nicely extended with quite a bit more shimmer and sparkle.
Instruments also seem to have more air around them.
Only the left & right width is more or less the same.
.post #6723 of 1044311/24/12 at 6:53ampost #6724 of 1044311/24/12 at 6:56ampost #6725 of 1044311/24/12 at 7:00ampost #6726 of 1044311/24/12 at 7:03amQuote:
No! I still really want the Super 7.post #6727 of 1044311/24/12 at 7:07ampost #6728 of 1044311/24/12 at 7:12amQuote:
I would prefer the Stratus over the Woo and the Super 7 over both. S7 really, really impressed me. But I do not want to get into owning multiple amps.post #6729 of 1044311/24/12 at 7:43amIf it's as good as you anticipate, you should have no problems moving current gear as it's market is solid. If you don't get it, you'll always feel you let one get away. If it's above the rest, you can grow older knowing you aren't missing anything.post #6730 of 1044311/24/12 at 8:06amQuote:
Considering I haven't gotten to spend much time with the S7, I'm not sure how much better it is than Mjolnir.
And specifically with which headphones.
I am completely happy with Mojo and LCD-3.
Considering selling the HE-6 and trying the HD800 again. Which is what I'd like the S7 for.
I'm also considering getting into a mid-tier Stax system, if I can afford it at all.post #6731 of 1044311/24/12 at 8:48am
i just put my order in for the Mjolnir :D so ill be trying that out with the LCD-3 and the Anedio D2. my plan is to use it a solid first option until i can get around to come more meets to hear some higher end tube amps with the LCD-3s, like the stratus to see if they really are better than the Mjolnir, before i go plopping down the big bucks for them.
The F1 sounds pretty excellent with them, i just have almost no play in the volume, im at the very bottom with the D2, typically between 5-15 sometimes up to like 20 if im really rocking
Now that youve got a better DAC youd probably like that mjolnir more you should probably pick up another one Solude
Edited by SoupRKnowva - 11/24/12 at 8:50ampost #6732 of 1044311/24/12 at 10:01ampost #6733 of 1044311/24/12 at 10:13am
Just picked up the a-100 miniX so we can have it for the meet. I'll more than likely sell it after. I just want to compare when we have all these amps together. Although, no tube amps except the Single Power.post #6734 of 1044311/24/12 at 10:50amQuote:
Well you wouldnt need all of them right? youre building a b22 yourself, and there were several you didnt like at all, you could just get a few of them maybe throw in a few different tube amps like the Super 7 or the DNA Stratus this time...though maybe thats just me being selfish
- New Audeze LCD3
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 18 seconds ago
- › Seattle Spring Meet at BottleHeadquarters 4/25/2015 impressions 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › How many pairs of headphones do you own? 4 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 10 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 11 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Matrix M-Stage by Johannus
- › Pioneer HDJ-2000 Reference Professional Dj Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Black by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser RS 185 RF Wireless Headphone System by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by DJScope
- › HUM Pervasion - Android DAP by DJScope
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2