Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › New Audeze LCD3
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Audeze LCD3 - Page 449

post #6721 of 9585
Thread Starter 

As I thought!

post #6722 of 9585
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxper View Post

I don't think it's about power at all. I got to hear a Super 7 and was very impressed. The ECBA has been on the top of my list
but out of budget for quite a while now. I'm just interested why he prefers the Mojo over ECBA. Details, details, details!


Compared using the same front end; K01 & Kubala Fascination balanced interconnects the Mjolnir beats the ECBA with the LCD3s on all fronts.

The bass has a lot more slam. Vocals are cleaner and more upfront.
Treble is nicely extended with quite a bit more shimmer and sparkle.
Instruments also seem to have more air around them.
Only the left & right width is more or less the same.


.
post #6723 of 9585

Must not buy another Mjolnir ;)

post #6724 of 9585

Very happy to hear this. Although this is subject to vary person to person.

The LCD-3 is my focus and the ECBA would be a huge expense. One I no longer feel the need

to experience.

post #6725 of 9585
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxper View Post

Very happy to hear this. Although this is subject to vary person to person.
The LCD-3 is my focus and the ECBA would be a huge expense. One I no longer feel the need
to experience.
Doesn't that make ya feel good? Sounds like the Schiit is finally gaining traction as a quality amp maker for their target pricing.
post #6726 of 9585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Camper View Post

Doesn't that make ya feel good? Sounds like the Schiit is finally gaining traction as a quality amp maker for their target pricing.

No! I still really want the Super 7. 

post #6727 of 9585

Why?  If you want the S7, spend less and go home with a 2A3 or WA5LE :p.

post #6728 of 9585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solude View Post

Why?  If you want the S7, spend less and go home with a 2A3 or WA5LE :p.

I would prefer the Stratus over the Woo and the Super 7 over both. S7 really, really impressed me. But I do not want to get into owning multiple amps. 

post #6729 of 9585
If it's as good as you anticipate, you should have no problems moving current gear as it's market is solid. If you don't get it, you'll always feel you let one get away. If it's above the rest, you can grow older knowing you aren't missing anything.
post #6730 of 9585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Camper View Post

If it's as good as you anticipate, you should have no problems moving current gear as it's market is solid. If you don't get it, you'll always feel you let one get away. If it's above the rest, you can grow older knowing you aren't missing anything.

Considering I haven't gotten to spend much time with the S7, I'm not sure how much better it is than Mjolnir.

And specifically with which headphones.

 

I am completely happy with Mojo and LCD-3.

 

Considering selling the HE-6 and trying the HD800 again. Which is what I'd like the S7 for.

 

I'm also considering getting into a mid-tier Stax system, if I can afford it at all.

post #6731 of 9585

i just put my order in for the Mjolnir :D so ill be trying that out with the LCD-3 and the Anedio D2. my plan is to use it a solid first option until i can get around to come more meets to hear some higher end tube amps with the LCD-3s, like the stratus to see if they really are better than the Mjolnir, before i go plopping down the big bucks for them.

 

The F1 sounds pretty excellent with them, i just have almost no play in the volume, im at the very bottom with the D2, typically between 5-15 sometimes up to like 20 if im really rocking

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solude View Post

Must not buy another Mjolnir ;)

 

Now that youve got a better DAC youd probably like that mjolnir more biggrin.gif you should probably pick up another one Solude


Edited by SoupRKnowva - 11/24/12 at 8:50am
post #6732 of 9585

Hehe we'll see.  If I go through the amp round up in reverse.... I'll laugh... and cry.

post #6733 of 9585

Just picked up the a-100 miniX so we can have it for the meet.  I'll more than likely sell it after.  I just want to compare when we have all these amps together.  Although, no tube amps except the Single Power.

post #6734 of 9585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solude View Post

Hehe we'll see.  If I go through the amp round up in reverse.... I'll laugh... and cry.

 

Well you wouldnt need all of them right? youre building a b22 yourself, and there were several you didnt like at all, you could just get a few of them wink.gif maybe throw in a few different tube amps like the Super 7 or the DNA Stratus this time...though maybe thats just me being selfish

post #6735 of 9585

S7 and Stratus aren't even on my radar because of design decision.  Same for the  BHA-1.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › New Audeze LCD3