As I thought!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 8/23/14 at 6:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 or LCD2 - questions about long-term comfort and longevity Last post on 8/22/14 at 12:39am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I must begin by stating I am an aspiring audiophile since I heard a HE6 connected to it's EF6 and actually was able to listen to the direction of a jazz singer's voice realtive to the microphone...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey (@Salsera) for considering me to actually review the Brainwavz S5. My deepest gratitude...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I first reviewed the original Brainwavz R3 back in December 2013, and unfortunately...
Not too much to say here other than that these headphones are stellar! I mostly listen to my vinyl collection with these bad boys and it's an absolute joy. I purchased an external amp to power them...
Man are these awesome , they're cheap..but as all Beyers they sound fu**** awesome , these are clean , fun and dynamic , they sound excellent Let me preface this by telling this...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 449post #6721 of 963311/23/12 at 9:34pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6722 of 963311/24/12 at 1:11amQuote:
Compared using the same front end; K01 & Kubala Fascination balanced interconnects the Mjolnir beats the ECBA with the LCD3s on all fronts.
The bass has a lot more slam. Vocals are cleaner and more upfront.
Treble is nicely extended with quite a bit more shimmer and sparkle.
Instruments also seem to have more air around them.
Only the left & right width is more or less the same.
.post #6723 of 963311/24/12 at 6:53ampost #6724 of 963311/24/12 at 6:56ampost #6725 of 963311/24/12 at 7:00ampost #6726 of 963311/24/12 at 7:03amQuote:
No! I still really want the Super 7.post #6727 of 963311/24/12 at 7:07ampost #6728 of 963311/24/12 at 7:12amQuote:
I would prefer the Stratus over the Woo and the Super 7 over both. S7 really, really impressed me. But I do not want to get into owning multiple amps.post #6729 of 963311/24/12 at 7:43amIf it's as good as you anticipate, you should have no problems moving current gear as it's market is solid. If you don't get it, you'll always feel you let one get away. If it's above the rest, you can grow older knowing you aren't missing anything.post #6730 of 963311/24/12 at 8:06amQuote:
Considering I haven't gotten to spend much time with the S7, I'm not sure how much better it is than Mjolnir.
And specifically with which headphones.
I am completely happy with Mojo and LCD-3.
Considering selling the HE-6 and trying the HD800 again. Which is what I'd like the S7 for.
I'm also considering getting into a mid-tier Stax system, if I can afford it at all.post #6731 of 963311/24/12 at 8:48am
i just put my order in for the Mjolnir :D so ill be trying that out with the LCD-3 and the Anedio D2. my plan is to use it a solid first option until i can get around to come more meets to hear some higher end tube amps with the LCD-3s, like the stratus to see if they really are better than the Mjolnir, before i go plopping down the big bucks for them.
The F1 sounds pretty excellent with them, i just have almost no play in the volume, im at the very bottom with the D2, typically between 5-15 sometimes up to like 20 if im really rocking
Now that youve got a better DAC youd probably like that mjolnir more you should probably pick up another one Solude
Edited by SoupRKnowva - 11/24/12 at 8:50ampost #6732 of 963311/24/12 at 10:01ampost #6733 of 963311/24/12 at 10:13am
Just picked up the a-100 miniX so we can have it for the meet. I'll more than likely sell it after. I just want to compare when we have all these amps together. Although, no tube amps except the Single Power.post #6734 of 963311/24/12 at 10:50amQuote:
Well you wouldnt need all of them right? youre building a b22 yourself, and there were several you didnt like at all, you could just get a few of them maybe throw in a few different tube amps like the Super 7 or the DNA Stratus this time...though maybe thats just me being selfish
- New Audeze LCD3
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X1 impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › Cable Recommendations for Shure SE535 (Bronze) 3 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 3 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced - updated with... 6 minutes ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 9 minutes ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 9 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 *BRAND SPANKING* 9 minutes ago
- › Samson RH600 Headphones by egosumlux
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by thatBeatsguy
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Brooko
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by WavyGravy1
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 710 Trendline Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Marshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black) by Kordz
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)