As I thought!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphone for me?!!? Last post on 12/28/13 at 9:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Second Headphones Advise Please!! Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 11/1/14 at 5:47am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I had the opportunity to listen to this at length against some other similar priced gears. After pairing my device, it magically struck me WOW! As I tried a number of music tracks , it...
I managed to try this MDR-Ma900 against others in the same shop. The comfort and ergonomics of this Sony are very good. Initially, I was pleasantly surprised how nice it sounded. But...
I tried this twice with different devices. It sounds pretty good with big bass sounds and probably suit a lot of youngsters today. Many very young people that I know prefer Beats or something...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Cayin for providing me with a review sample of their new flagship N6 DAP which is currently available on Amazon and from other retailers like...
After picking these up from the Sony Store about a year ago, I can say that these are definitely not worth the $350-$400 price tag. Luckily, I picked them up for around $180 and to me, this seems...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 449post #6721 of 998611/23/12 at 9:34pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6722 of 998611/24/12 at 1:11amQuote:
Compared using the same front end; K01 & Kubala Fascination balanced interconnects the Mjolnir beats the ECBA with the LCD3s on all fronts.
The bass has a lot more slam. Vocals are cleaner and more upfront.
Treble is nicely extended with quite a bit more shimmer and sparkle.
Instruments also seem to have more air around them.
Only the left & right width is more or less the same.
.post #6723 of 998611/24/12 at 6:53ampost #6724 of 998611/24/12 at 6:56ampost #6725 of 998611/24/12 at 7:00ampost #6726 of 998611/24/12 at 7:03amQuote:
No! I still really want the Super 7.post #6727 of 998611/24/12 at 7:07ampost #6728 of 998611/24/12 at 7:12amQuote:
I would prefer the Stratus over the Woo and the Super 7 over both. S7 really, really impressed me. But I do not want to get into owning multiple amps.post #6729 of 998611/24/12 at 7:43amIf it's as good as you anticipate, you should have no problems moving current gear as it's market is solid. If you don't get it, you'll always feel you let one get away. If it's above the rest, you can grow older knowing you aren't missing anything.post #6730 of 998611/24/12 at 8:06amQuote:
Considering I haven't gotten to spend much time with the S7, I'm not sure how much better it is than Mjolnir.
And specifically with which headphones.
I am completely happy with Mojo and LCD-3.
Considering selling the HE-6 and trying the HD800 again. Which is what I'd like the S7 for.
I'm also considering getting into a mid-tier Stax system, if I can afford it at all.post #6731 of 998611/24/12 at 8:48am
i just put my order in for the Mjolnir :D so ill be trying that out with the LCD-3 and the Anedio D2. my plan is to use it a solid first option until i can get around to come more meets to hear some higher end tube amps with the LCD-3s, like the stratus to see if they really are better than the Mjolnir, before i go plopping down the big bucks for them.
The F1 sounds pretty excellent with them, i just have almost no play in the volume, im at the very bottom with the D2, typically between 5-15 sometimes up to like 20 if im really rocking
Now that youve got a better DAC youd probably like that mjolnir more you should probably pick up another one Solude
Edited by SoupRKnowva - 11/24/12 at 8:50ampost #6732 of 998611/24/12 at 10:01ampost #6733 of 998611/24/12 at 10:13am
Just picked up the a-100 miniX so we can have it for the meet. I'll more than likely sell it after. I just want to compare when we have all these amps together. Although, no tube amps except the Single Power.post #6734 of 998611/24/12 at 10:50amQuote:
Well you wouldnt need all of them right? youre building a b22 yourself, and there were several you didnt like at all, you could just get a few of them maybe throw in a few different tube amps like the Super 7 or the DNA Stratus this time...though maybe thats just me being selfish
- New Audeze LCD3
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 53 seconds ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 57 seconds ago
- › iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality 2 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-2000 - Hybrid Impressions Thread (It's Here!) 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › EarWerkz Legend R. 8 Driver, 7-Way, 6-Crossover Flagship |... 2 minutes ago
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for an ampfilier for my Sennheiser HD201 headphones. 2 minutes ago
- › Yggdrasil: A (P)review - Two days of paradise 2 minutes ago
- › Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! 3 minutes ago
- › Parrot Zik 2.0, the world's most advanced headphones -... by johnKenneth
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by johnKenneth
- › Xtreme Xplosives On Ear by johnKenneth
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by twister6
- › Sony XBA-4SL by cuiter23
- › Shure SE215 by cuiter23
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by ActiveTechREV
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by d marc0
- › HIFIMAN RE300a(Black) InLine Control Earphone by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by mark2410
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3