As I thought!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphone for me?!!? Last post on 12/28/13 at 9:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Second Headphones Advise Please!! Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 11/1/14 at 5:47am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Looking at the picture of the PK3's I wasn't expecting much. They look and feel cheap using a generic case for the drivers. First I tried them without the foam covers and they sounded awful. I...
Disclaimer First of all, I would like to thank Audrey and the Brainwavz team for allowing me to review their S1 IEMs. I would also like to clarify that I am neither an affiliate of Brainwavz...
Overview The Alien is a well-priced (~$250 AUD), compact, screenless player that plays only WAV and FLAC files – no MP3, no AAC, just the two major lossless options. For some people that will...
Shure SRH840, are a value filled set of extraordinary headphones, worth every single coin you spend on it. The bass register is perfect for any genre of song you play through you...
I got the Sennheiser HD-598 based on all the existing rave reviews. It's amazingly comfortable. That's all the good I can say about it. I just hate the sound. Okay, I am no "audiophile". I am...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 449post #6721 of 988011/23/12 at 9:34pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6722 of 988011/24/12 at 1:11amQuote:
Compared using the same front end; K01 & Kubala Fascination balanced interconnects the Mjolnir beats the ECBA with the LCD3s on all fronts.
The bass has a lot more slam. Vocals are cleaner and more upfront.
Treble is nicely extended with quite a bit more shimmer and sparkle.
Instruments also seem to have more air around them.
Only the left & right width is more or less the same.
.post #6723 of 988011/24/12 at 6:53ampost #6724 of 988011/24/12 at 6:56ampost #6725 of 988011/24/12 at 7:00ampost #6726 of 988011/24/12 at 7:03amQuote:
No! I still really want the Super 7.post #6727 of 988011/24/12 at 7:07ampost #6728 of 988011/24/12 at 7:12amQuote:
I would prefer the Stratus over the Woo and the Super 7 over both. S7 really, really impressed me. But I do not want to get into owning multiple amps.post #6729 of 988011/24/12 at 7:43amIf it's as good as you anticipate, you should have no problems moving current gear as it's market is solid. If you don't get it, you'll always feel you let one get away. If it's above the rest, you can grow older knowing you aren't missing anything.post #6730 of 988011/24/12 at 8:06amQuote:
Considering I haven't gotten to spend much time with the S7, I'm not sure how much better it is than Mjolnir.
And specifically with which headphones.
I am completely happy with Mojo and LCD-3.
Considering selling the HE-6 and trying the HD800 again. Which is what I'd like the S7 for.
I'm also considering getting into a mid-tier Stax system, if I can afford it at all.post #6731 of 988011/24/12 at 8:48am
i just put my order in for the Mjolnir :D so ill be trying that out with the LCD-3 and the Anedio D2. my plan is to use it a solid first option until i can get around to come more meets to hear some higher end tube amps with the LCD-3s, like the stratus to see if they really are better than the Mjolnir, before i go plopping down the big bucks for them.
The F1 sounds pretty excellent with them, i just have almost no play in the volume, im at the very bottom with the D2, typically between 5-15 sometimes up to like 20 if im really rocking
Now that youve got a better DAC youd probably like that mjolnir more you should probably pick up another one Solude
Edited by SoupRKnowva - 11/24/12 at 8:50ampost #6732 of 988011/24/12 at 10:01ampost #6733 of 988011/24/12 at 10:13am
Just picked up the a-100 miniX so we can have it for the meet. I'll more than likely sell it after. I just want to compare when we have all these amps together. Although, no tube amps except the Single Power.post #6734 of 988011/24/12 at 10:50amQuote:
Well you wouldnt need all of them right? youre building a b22 yourself, and there were several you didnt like at all, you could just get a few of them maybe throw in a few different tube amps like the Super 7 or the DNA Stratus this time...though maybe thats just me being selfish
- New Audeze LCD3
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 18 seconds ago
- › Tascam US-366 for Computer Audio 28 seconds ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 34 seconds ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 50 seconds ago
- › Iem for edm/pop 1 minute ago
- › TTPOD T2 Hybrid iems 2 minutes ago
- › I'm looking for some good earbuds under $60 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!! 3 minutes ago
- › JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Amperior Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › YUIN PK3 Earbuds by thebluebulk
- › Brainwavz S1 by thatBeatsguy
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by Loquah
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundScout
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MyFamilyShoppin
- › Lehmann Rhinelander by jdpark
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kigisaru
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)