Duplicate post - Apologies
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphone for me?!!? Last post on 12/28/13 at 9:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Second Headphones Advise Please!! Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Website to buy headphones? Last post on 3/22/13 at 12:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Aune M2 Pro Review Intro : Since the past few years I had kept myself away from trying out any new DAPs or audio gear since I was pretty satisfied with my Fiio X5 (1st gen) and Sansa Clip...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
Some "Provenance" to the Brand Name: Ocharaku is a "tea themed" company based in Japan. Focusing on Dynamic Driver IEM's, Ocharaku pushes the envelope when it comes to breaking the negative...
Introduction: The Fischer Audio Totem Paco (FE-131) is a newly released earphone from Fischer Audio. They’re small, built well and sound good. Want to know more? Read on. Below is the...
I was sent a couple of the ShareMe headphones to try recently for review purposes. The name of the company isn't one that I'm familiar with but I have seen various low priced offerings on...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 441
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6602 of 1111010/19/12 at 7:07amQuote:
Maybe there's also some user break-in happening while the brain is recalibrating? The LCD-3 sound is starting to grow on me.post #6603 of 1111010/19/12 at 12:31pm
Good post jonstatt.
vert I think "brain burn-in" is quite likely, especially with anything radically different-sounding. I haven't yet heard the LCD3 but certainly when I got my LCD2 it was so different from any phone I'd heard before it took me some days to notice anything special and some weeks to notice all of it.
[begin OT] Perhaps we tend to think of listening skills as something we learn just once, whereas hearing something new may be no less a "brain-learning" situation than any other new skill [end OT]post #6604 of 1111010/19/12 at 2:25pm
I don't know... when I first got my LCD-3 and compared them to my HD800, they sounded totally ( I mean completely) different (even off the same amps).
I was so disappointed in what I was hearing with the LCD-3 (muddy, recessed, boring - you name it) that I literally jumped into action and took a leap of faith with them by ordering the Liquid Fire amp.
The rest is history... I now LOVE the LCD-3, but what's interesting is that if I now go back to the other amps with which I initially hated them so very much - - well I actually don't mind the sound at all (not as good as the LF perhaps, but not bad).
Even more interesting is that I no longer find the LCD-3 and HD800 to be so radically different sounding. Yes they are different (obviously), but I can easily switch from one to the other without having to wait 10-15mins for my brain to adjust.
To me this very much indicates that over time the LCD-3 actually did go through a process of change sonically as they were worked in.
My experience with the HD800 was that this change was more subtle.post #6605 of 1111010/19/12 at 4:25pm
^ Could go either way. Hypothesizing brain learning means once you've learned the sounds of both phones, less adjustment is needed and it takes a shorter time. Our brains are highly adaptable to environmental changes, in general.
Your experience with the earlier amps once you heard the LCD-3's strengths is consistent with this hypothesis.
Equally, your experiences could support a physical change (but let's not open that can of worms here!).
There's some interesting posts about 50 pages back in the HD-800 appreciation thread about switching between it and LCD-3, as you probably noticed.post #6606 of 1111010/20/12 at 4:23ampost #6607 of 1111010/20/12 at 8:01am
Guess I'm adapting to the LCD-3. I can recognize my system sound now and see why some people really like these headphones.
I had a similar experience to AiDee - it took me several listening sessions to pick up on the special things the LCD-3s are doing. They utterly transparent in a lush way in my setup. And if your system has a low noise floor, you can see into the fabric of the recording. I would imagine they would expose any weakness in the system chain though.post #6608 of 1111010/20/12 at 10:35amQuote:
To me these 2 are night+day different. In fact the HD800s are way more analytical and less smooth than any of the Audeze LCD family. Senn vs. Audeze is a whole different experience to me.
Edited by rgs9200m - 10/20/12 at 10:39ampost #6609 of 1111010/20/12 at 4:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by rgs9200m
I felt the same way like a year ago, and I'm quite surprised that my perception has changed so much. But while the differences have been minimized, the HE6 is still right in between the two.post #6610 of 1111010/20/12 at 5:35pmQuote:
Let their be no mistake, tonally the LCD-3 and HD800 are different. But all other things being equal, they aren't quite as radically different sounding as some seem to make them out to be.
It's a little bit of apples vs. pears, NOT cars vs. airplanes...
I love both headphones and think they complement each other quite nicely.post #6611 of 1111010/20/12 at 9:14pmpost #6612 of 1111010/20/12 at 10:21pmQuote:
you're not wearing one on top of the other, are you?post #6613 of 1111010/20/12 at 10:24pmQuote:
Absolutely. I mean, would anyone say Wilsons sound like Quads sound like B&Ws, even in casual listening?post #6614 of 1111010/20/12 at 10:28pm
- New Audeze LCD3
- Headphone Impedance
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 2 seconds ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 14 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 30 seconds ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 43 seconds ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 44 seconds ago
- › Cowon Plenue D 47 seconds ago
- › REVIEW: Comparison of 5 High End Digital Music Servers - Aurender... 1 minute ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-WM1 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 3 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-A3 - Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Aune M2 32BIT DSD portable music player by Faheem
- › Westone MMCX Bluetooth Cable, 78548 by twister6
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by kevingzw
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by crabdog
- › Mixcder ShareMe Wireless Bluetooth Headphones,Built in Mic for... by iancraig10
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by pkshiu
- › Superlux HD-668 B by HiFiChris
- › Meze 99 Classics by HansBarbarossa
- › Cayin i5 by cleg
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C by Delayeed
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...