Duplicate post - Apologies
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphone for me?!!? Last post on 12/28/13 at 9:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Second Headphones Advise Please!! Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Website to buy headphones? Last post on 3/22/13 at 12:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
TTPOD T1E Review Background Be using me Fiio X3vfor this review ......fosho' this purple jet pack is one sexy lookin' IEM .....housing is big but could be a problem for some with the...
The PM3 is Oppo's 3rd headphone offering, a closed back planar magnetic. Thank you to @Jiffy Squid and Oppo for allowing us Head-fiers to audition these at the comfort of our own home and time,...
How much more can we possibly hear? At some point audio, and personal audio by default, becomes a continual series of efforts to throw oneself over the walls of the physical world. We try...
Before reading below, please check out my video review of the Focal XS 2.1 Satellites on YouTube. Please also support the channel by liking the video and sharing it with your friends! A sub won't...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Noontec for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Looks could be very deceiving, especially when it comes to...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 441
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6602 of 1043110/19/12 at 7:07amQuote:
Maybe there's also some user break-in happening while the brain is recalibrating? The LCD-3 sound is starting to grow on me.post #6603 of 1043110/19/12 at 12:31pm
Good post jonstatt.
vert I think "brain burn-in" is quite likely, especially with anything radically different-sounding. I haven't yet heard the LCD3 but certainly when I got my LCD2 it was so different from any phone I'd heard before it took me some days to notice anything special and some weeks to notice all of it.
[begin OT] Perhaps we tend to think of listening skills as something we learn just once, whereas hearing something new may be no less a "brain-learning" situation than any other new skill [end OT]post #6604 of 1043110/19/12 at 2:25pm
I don't know... when I first got my LCD-3 and compared them to my HD800, they sounded totally ( I mean completely) different (even off the same amps).
I was so disappointed in what I was hearing with the LCD-3 (muddy, recessed, boring - you name it) that I literally jumped into action and took a leap of faith with them by ordering the Liquid Fire amp.
The rest is history... I now LOVE the LCD-3, but what's interesting is that if I now go back to the other amps with which I initially hated them so very much - - well I actually don't mind the sound at all (not as good as the LF perhaps, but not bad).
Even more interesting is that I no longer find the LCD-3 and HD800 to be so radically different sounding. Yes they are different (obviously), but I can easily switch from one to the other without having to wait 10-15mins for my brain to adjust.
To me this very much indicates that over time the LCD-3 actually did go through a process of change sonically as they were worked in.
My experience with the HD800 was that this change was more subtle.post #6605 of 1043110/19/12 at 4:25pm
^ Could go either way. Hypothesizing brain learning means once you've learned the sounds of both phones, less adjustment is needed and it takes a shorter time. Our brains are highly adaptable to environmental changes, in general.
Your experience with the earlier amps once you heard the LCD-3's strengths is consistent with this hypothesis.
Equally, your experiences could support a physical change (but let's not open that can of worms here!).
There's some interesting posts about 50 pages back in the HD-800 appreciation thread about switching between it and LCD-3, as you probably noticed.post #6606 of 1043110/20/12 at 4:23ampost #6607 of 1043110/20/12 at 8:01am
Guess I'm adapting to the LCD-3. I can recognize my system sound now and see why some people really like these headphones.
I had a similar experience to AiDee - it took me several listening sessions to pick up on the special things the LCD-3s are doing. They utterly transparent in a lush way in my setup. And if your system has a low noise floor, you can see into the fabric of the recording. I would imagine they would expose any weakness in the system chain though.post #6608 of 1043110/20/12 at 10:35amQuote:
To me these 2 are night+day different. In fact the HD800s are way more analytical and less smooth than any of the Audeze LCD family. Senn vs. Audeze is a whole different experience to me.
Edited by rgs9200m - 10/20/12 at 10:39ampost #6609 of 1043110/20/12 at 4:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by rgs9200m
I felt the same way like a year ago, and I'm quite surprised that my perception has changed so much. But while the differences have been minimized, the HE6 is still right in between the two.post #6610 of 1043110/20/12 at 5:35pmQuote:
Let their be no mistake, tonally the LCD-3 and HD800 are different. But all other things being equal, they aren't quite as radically different sounding as some seem to make them out to be.
It's a little bit of apples vs. pears, NOT cars vs. airplanes...
I love both headphones and think they complement each other quite nicely.post #6611 of 1043110/20/12 at 9:14pmpost #6612 of 1043110/20/12 at 10:21pmQuote:
you're not wearing one on top of the other, are you?post #6613 of 1043110/20/12 at 10:24pmQuote:
Absolutely. I mean, would anyone say Wilsons sound like Quads sound like B&Ws, even in casual listening?post #6614 of 1043110/20/12 at 10:28pm
- New Audeze LCD3
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Chord Hugo 11 seconds ago
- › Various headphones 43 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 3 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 7 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN Flagship Headphone HE1000 Beta Testing Opportunity – it’s... 8 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW/TOUR] Somic MH412 + Viper4Android. The "Put Up or Shut Up"... 8 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 9 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 9 minutes ago
- › Sony Playstation PS One - Video Game Console by Stereocilia
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by Wokei
- › OPPO PM-3 by Soundsgoodtome
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Focal XS Satellite Speakers with Dock for iPod and MP3 Players by cuiter23
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone, Professional Sound Good Sound... by twister6
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Armaegis
- › Logitech Z-560 THX-Certified 4.1 Speaker System by spronkey
- › MDR-XD 150 W weiß by whitemass
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2