Duplicate post - Apologies
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 8/23/14 at 6:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 or LCD2 - questions about long-term comfort and longevity Last post on 8/22/14 at 12:39am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I don’t get asked very often about the Private 333 amongst the Fitear customs I own. Nor do you hear people raving about it as you might in respect of the C435, the MH 334 and the MH335DW....
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey and the Brainwavz team for giving me the opportunity to write this review. Please note that I was not paid to write this review, nor am I...
First, the normal boilerplate stuff - Audio setup - FLAC files in Media Monkey -> Amazon Basics TOSLINK cable -> Schiit Bifrost w/Uber upgrade -> Knukoncept Shielded RCAs -> Project Ember...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 441
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6602 of 974310/19/12 at 7:07amQuote:
Maybe there's also some user break-in happening while the brain is recalibrating? The LCD-3 sound is starting to grow on me.post #6603 of 974310/19/12 at 12:31pm
Good post jonstatt.
vert I think "brain burn-in" is quite likely, especially with anything radically different-sounding. I haven't yet heard the LCD3 but certainly when I got my LCD2 it was so different from any phone I'd heard before it took me some days to notice anything special and some weeks to notice all of it.
[begin OT] Perhaps we tend to think of listening skills as something we learn just once, whereas hearing something new may be no less a "brain-learning" situation than any other new skill [end OT]post #6604 of 974310/19/12 at 2:25pm
I don't know... when I first got my LCD-3 and compared them to my HD800, they sounded totally ( I mean completely) different (even off the same amps).
I was so disappointed in what I was hearing with the LCD-3 (muddy, recessed, boring - you name it) that I literally jumped into action and took a leap of faith with them by ordering the Liquid Fire amp.
The rest is history... I now LOVE the LCD-3, but what's interesting is that if I now go back to the other amps with which I initially hated them so very much - - well I actually don't mind the sound at all (not as good as the LF perhaps, but not bad).
Even more interesting is that I no longer find the LCD-3 and HD800 to be so radically different sounding. Yes they are different (obviously), but I can easily switch from one to the other without having to wait 10-15mins for my brain to adjust.
To me this very much indicates that over time the LCD-3 actually did go through a process of change sonically as they were worked in.
My experience with the HD800 was that this change was more subtle.post #6605 of 974310/19/12 at 4:25pm
^ Could go either way. Hypothesizing brain learning means once you've learned the sounds of both phones, less adjustment is needed and it takes a shorter time. Our brains are highly adaptable to environmental changes, in general.
Your experience with the earlier amps once you heard the LCD-3's strengths is consistent with this hypothesis.
Equally, your experiences could support a physical change (but let's not open that can of worms here!).
There's some interesting posts about 50 pages back in the HD-800 appreciation thread about switching between it and LCD-3, as you probably noticed.post #6606 of 974310/20/12 at 4:23ampost #6607 of 974310/20/12 at 8:01am
Guess I'm adapting to the LCD-3. I can recognize my system sound now and see why some people really like these headphones.
I had a similar experience to AiDee - it took me several listening sessions to pick up on the special things the LCD-3s are doing. They utterly transparent in a lush way in my setup. And if your system has a low noise floor, you can see into the fabric of the recording. I would imagine they would expose any weakness in the system chain though.post #6608 of 974310/20/12 at 10:35amQuote:
To me these 2 are night+day different. In fact the HD800s are way more analytical and less smooth than any of the Audeze LCD family. Senn vs. Audeze is a whole different experience to me.
Edited by rgs9200m - 10/20/12 at 10:39ampost #6609 of 974310/20/12 at 4:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by rgs9200m
I felt the same way like a year ago, and I'm quite surprised that my perception has changed so much. But while the differences have been minimized, the HE6 is still right in between the two.post #6610 of 974310/20/12 at 5:35pmQuote:
Let their be no mistake, tonally the LCD-3 and HD800 are different. But all other things being equal, they aren't quite as radically different sounding as some seem to make them out to be.
It's a little bit of apples vs. pears, NOT cars vs. airplanes...
I love both headphones and think they complement each other quite nicely.post #6611 of 974310/20/12 at 9:14pmpost #6612 of 974310/20/12 at 10:21pmQuote:
you're not wearing one on top of the other, are you?post #6613 of 974310/20/12 at 10:24pmQuote:
Absolutely. I mean, would anyone say Wilsons sound like Quads sound like B&Ws, even in casual listening?post #6614 of 974310/20/12 at 10:28pm
- New Audeze LCD3
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 44 seconds ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 1 minute ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 6 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 7 minutes ago
- › Amp recommendations for Fostex TH900? 9 minutes ago
- › CanJam at RMAF 2014 impressions 9 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 11 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 12 minutes ago
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 by smitty1110
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)