Duplicate post - Apologies
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphone for me?!!? Last post on 12/28/13 at 9:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Second Headphones Advise Please!! Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Website to buy headphones? Last post on 3/22/13 at 12:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Preamble: At HiFime, all started with the production of the Tripath TK2050 speaker amplification chip. Nowadays they are mostly known for their portable DACs that use valuable...
I've only been in this game since January but have bought a new IEM every month (at pay day obviously). Nothing yet has come close to being my go-to IEM. (I should note...I bought the Titans for...
Nuforce HEM4 – impressions and comparison with HEM2 After listening to the HEM2s recently courtesy of the Nuforce Massdrop, I managed to pick up a pair of the next model in their HEM series (the...
http://www.shozy-hk.com/zero-earphone/ Preamble: I was honored to receive an invitation to join in the Delta test of the pre-production Shozy Zero around April 16th. I received the unit...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 441
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6602 of 1108610/19/12 at 7:07amQuote:
Maybe there's also some user break-in happening while the brain is recalibrating? The LCD-3 sound is starting to grow on me.post #6603 of 1108610/19/12 at 12:31pm
Good post jonstatt.
vert I think "brain burn-in" is quite likely, especially with anything radically different-sounding. I haven't yet heard the LCD3 but certainly when I got my LCD2 it was so different from any phone I'd heard before it took me some days to notice anything special and some weeks to notice all of it.
[begin OT] Perhaps we tend to think of listening skills as something we learn just once, whereas hearing something new may be no less a "brain-learning" situation than any other new skill [end OT]post #6604 of 1108610/19/12 at 2:25pm
I don't know... when I first got my LCD-3 and compared them to my HD800, they sounded totally ( I mean completely) different (even off the same amps).
I was so disappointed in what I was hearing with the LCD-3 (muddy, recessed, boring - you name it) that I literally jumped into action and took a leap of faith with them by ordering the Liquid Fire amp.
The rest is history... I now LOVE the LCD-3, but what's interesting is that if I now go back to the other amps with which I initially hated them so very much - - well I actually don't mind the sound at all (not as good as the LF perhaps, but not bad).
Even more interesting is that I no longer find the LCD-3 and HD800 to be so radically different sounding. Yes they are different (obviously), but I can easily switch from one to the other without having to wait 10-15mins for my brain to adjust.
To me this very much indicates that over time the LCD-3 actually did go through a process of change sonically as they were worked in.
My experience with the HD800 was that this change was more subtle.post #6605 of 1108610/19/12 at 4:25pm
^ Could go either way. Hypothesizing brain learning means once you've learned the sounds of both phones, less adjustment is needed and it takes a shorter time. Our brains are highly adaptable to environmental changes, in general.
Your experience with the earlier amps once you heard the LCD-3's strengths is consistent with this hypothesis.
Equally, your experiences could support a physical change (but let's not open that can of worms here!).
There's some interesting posts about 50 pages back in the HD-800 appreciation thread about switching between it and LCD-3, as you probably noticed.post #6606 of 1108610/20/12 at 4:23ampost #6607 of 1108610/20/12 at 8:01am
Guess I'm adapting to the LCD-3. I can recognize my system sound now and see why some people really like these headphones.
I had a similar experience to AiDee - it took me several listening sessions to pick up on the special things the LCD-3s are doing. They utterly transparent in a lush way in my setup. And if your system has a low noise floor, you can see into the fabric of the recording. I would imagine they would expose any weakness in the system chain though.post #6608 of 1108610/20/12 at 10:35amQuote:
To me these 2 are night+day different. In fact the HD800s are way more analytical and less smooth than any of the Audeze LCD family. Senn vs. Audeze is a whole different experience to me.
Edited by rgs9200m - 10/20/12 at 10:39ampost #6609 of 1108610/20/12 at 4:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by rgs9200m
I felt the same way like a year ago, and I'm quite surprised that my perception has changed so much. But while the differences have been minimized, the HE6 is still right in between the two.post #6610 of 1108610/20/12 at 5:35pmQuote:
Let their be no mistake, tonally the LCD-3 and HD800 are different. But all other things being equal, they aren't quite as radically different sounding as some seem to make them out to be.
It's a little bit of apples vs. pears, NOT cars vs. airplanes...
I love both headphones and think they complement each other quite nicely.post #6611 of 1108610/20/12 at 9:14pmpost #6612 of 1108610/20/12 at 10:21pmQuote:
you're not wearing one on top of the other, are you?post #6613 of 1108610/20/12 at 10:24pmQuote:
Absolutely. I mean, would anyone say Wilsons sound like Quads sound like B&Ws, even in casual listening?post #6614 of 1108610/20/12 at 10:28pm
- New Audeze LCD3
- Headphone Impedance
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android + Amp Module... 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-E70, ATH-E50, ATH-E40 IEMs announced at NAMM 2016 3 minutes ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 3 minutes ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 3 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 4 minutes ago
- › Discussion for 2016 Florida meet 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 6 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 6 minutes ago
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by HiFiChris
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Aornic
- › oBravo EAMT-3w Hybrid Dynamic Driver and Heil Air Motion Transducer... by glassmonkey
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...