Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › New Audeze LCD3
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Audeze LCD3 - Page 439

post #6571 of 9887
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin w. View Post

All the LCD-2 and LCD-3 that I have in stock came in a couple weeks ago (posted about it here: Headphones at HeadAmp - Starting Next Week (Audeze, HIFIMAN)).  I'm thinking of having a feature where I upload all the frequency response graphs that come with the phones, and then let people choose exactly which pair they're buying.  Unless of course, the graphs look identical anyway.

Very nice idea.

post #6572 of 9887
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin w. View Post

All the LCD-2 and LCD-3 that I have in stock came in a couple weeks ago (posted about it here: Headphones at HeadAmp - Starting Next Week (Audeze, HIFIMAN)).  I'm thinking of having a feature where I upload all the frequency response graphs that come with the phones, and then let people choose exactly which pair they're buying.  Unless of course, the graphs look identical anyway.

 

That's a pretty fantastic idea.

post #6573 of 9887
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman59 View Post

 

Sorry, you are right. I got comfused with Sensitivity (SPL) where every 3db difference is either half or double the power depending which direction the variation goes.

 

Not a problem. Believe it or not, I've been wrong myself a time or two. But let's just keep that between you and me. biggrin.gif

 

se

post #6574 of 9887

A time or two...hundred. rolleyes.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Eddy View Post

 

Not a problem. Believe it or not, I've been wrong myself a time or two. But let's just keep that between you and me. biggrin.gif

 

se

post #6575 of 9887
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

A time or two...hundred. rolleyes.gif

 

I need to find a new hero. redface.gif

post #6576 of 9887
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

A time or two...hundred. rolleyes.gif

 

 

Shhhhhh... wink.gif

 

se

post #6577 of 9887
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxper View Post

I need to find a new hero. redface.gif

 

Try your local sandwich shop.

 

se

post #6578 of 9887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Eddy View Post

 

Try your local sandwich shop.

 

se

I only eat Ramen Noodles, thanks. tongue.gif

post #6579 of 9887
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post

 

That's a pretty fantastic idea.

 

i'll get all the LCD-2 and LCD-3 graphs/serial #s up after RMAF is over.  here is a quick one of an available pair, taken by phone

 

 

HeadAmp Audio Electronics - home of the Pico and Gilmore amps.  Now with Audeze, Fostex, HiFiMAN, Sennheiser, and STAX.
Find us at www.HeadAmp.com

Reply
post #6580 of 9887
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin w. View Post

 

i'll get all the LCD-2 and LCD-3 graphs/serial #s up after RMAF is over.  here is a quick one of an available pair, taken by phone

 

 

 

Couldn't you just hand-cherry-pick 'em, so we can feel really special. biggrin.gif

post #6581 of 9887
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxper View Post

Couldn't you just hand-cherry-pick 'em, so we can feel really special. biggrin.gif

 

im sure 'best' would be too subjective

HeadAmp Audio Electronics - home of the Pico and Gilmore amps.  Now with Audeze, Fostex, HiFiMAN, Sennheiser, and STAX.
Find us at www.HeadAmp.com

Reply
post #6582 of 9887
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin w. View Post

 

i'll get all the LCD-2 and LCD-3 graphs/serial #s up after RMAF is over.  here is a quick one of an available pair, taken by phone

 

 

 

Interesting that is fresh stock, but manufactured/tested in August. I guess they make them in batches then rather than trickling along as orders come in.

post #6583 of 9887
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

I dun no about that. Considering source isn't part of the cost (you need a good one either way). You could do an 009 + GES set up for around 6 grand (depending on where you buy your 009) and an LCD 3 with a decent amp is going to cost you more than half that at least. 

BHA-1, Liquid Fire, Dark Star, RWA, etc. 

If you go for something like the LF or DS you're breaking 5k.

The ges equipment is only 1.5k? assuming Stax at 4.5. I don't think it's possible to get less than 4k for the headphones. I paid about 4.1 for mine and that was already pushing it.

I'd say most people getting a 009 are not gg to skimp on the amp., so ure lookkh at 7-8k at least, new.
Edited by athenaesword - 10/13/12 at 12:34am
post #6584 of 9887
By the way I'll be selling a just RMA-Ed lcd3 in a week or so, if anyone is interested. I'm based in hk.
post #6585 of 9887

http://www.wooaudio.com/products/wastax.html

 

1450 for the GES plus 4.5 for the 009. Places like Price Japan have them between 4.3 and 4.5 usually. I bought mine the expensive way, from Jack. 

 

There are actually a few guys here that own the GES + 009 combo and like it a lot. Again, if you're already willing to spend 5k (LCD 3 + LF/DS/Whatever) you may as well spend 6. :D Then again, the LCD 3 is a different beats from the 009.

 

...I'm an enabler.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by athenaesword View Post


The ges equipment is only 1.5k? assuming Stax at 4.5. I don't think it's possible to get less than 4k for the headphones. I paid about 4.1 for mine and that was already pushing it.
I'd say most people getting a 009 are not gg to skimp on the amp., so ure lookkh at 7-8k at least, new.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › New Audeze LCD3