I don't know why i keep coming back to this thread. I keep telling myself the LCD2 is the headphone for me, but then i read reviews like the one from 6moons and im thrown into a world of doubt....again. The cycle continues.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphone for me?!!? Last post on 12/28/13 at 9:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Second Headphones Advise Please!! Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Website to buy headphones? Last post on 3/22/13 at 12:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
-Introduction- The last encounter I had with Advanced Sound was a decent while ago, right around the release of their first IEM, the M4. That was their freshmen release, and...
All instruments come to live with pm1, crystal clear and smooth at the same time. Pm1 made my Sennheiser hd650 and Grado reference 1 sound harsh and incomplete. I had some time to listen to hd800...
The Fiil Diva headphone is probably one of the most intuitive headphones south of $200. They have features that make them almost 3-4 headphones in one, currently they can be had for about $129 on...
Recently My Noble 5 developed a rattle on the left side, so I sent them back to Noble, in return they upgraded me to the Dulce Bass, I've had these for 3 days now and let me tell you what a step up...
My first Head-Fi review. Pledged for these on Kickstarter this year. I own full range electrostatic speakers (Acoustat 3) and electret headphones (Audio Technica AT706). The Mitchell & Johnson...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 436post #6526 of 111309/14/12 at 11:02am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6527 of 111309/14/12 at 11:13am
Well, it's by a Polish guy with major expectation bias who has very little headphone experience. So don't let that review sway you too much.
No offense to Poles.post #6528 of 111309/14/12 at 11:29ampost #6529 of 111309/14/12 at 1:07pmQuote:
Subjective reviews state subjective opinions. I've seen the LCD-3 compared to the SR-009 and R-10 plenty often here. If we're going to compare them to the best, they should then be worthy of consideration as the best. You don't compare the m50s to the HE-6, do you?post #6530 of 111309/14/12 at 1:21pm
He didn't say they "compare to the best." He said they're "supposedly the best headphones manufactured," period, regardless of price. IMO that is not a credible statement and shows his ignorance of the headphone market. Supposedly according to whom? I've never seen anyone make that claim here or anywhere else. Even Tyll Hersens over at Innerfidelity doesn't claim they're absolutely the best headphones manufactured, although they apparently are his favorites of the ones he's tested.
Anyway, enough about the review. Don't mean to derail the thread.
Edited by jk6661 - 9/14/12 at 1:35pmpost #6531 of 111309/14/12 at 1:24pm
Remember this review is translated from Polish, the translator may take liberties.
But it is possibly the worst published headphone review I've seen in recent memory.post #6532 of 111309/14/12 at 3:01pmpost #6533 of 111309/14/12 at 3:12pm
You are not alone. 6moons reviews are THE confusion.post #6534 of 111309/14/12 at 5:24pmpost #6535 of 111309/14/12 at 5:33pmpost #6536 of 111309/15/12 at 4:14pm
Um, ya they are :p About the only two headphones you could even put in the same conversation are the HD800 and 009. Which you prefer is entirely preference.post #6537 of 111309/15/12 at 4:18pmQuote:
Don't forget the TH900, R10, HE-6, HE90 and SR007. The TH900 is way too sexy to be excluded.post #6538 of 111309/15/12 at 4:47pm
To be fair the HE90, R10 and 007MkI aren't being manufactured right now ;) Personally sold my 007MkI for the LCD-2.1 so its not on my list of LCD-3 equivalents. TH-900 could be a personal preference but on technicalities its not in the same tier as the HD800, LCD-3, 009. HE-6 isn't a headphone, its a speaker mounted on your head :Dpost #6539 of 111309/15/12 at 5:08pmpost #6540 of 111309/17/12 at 1:09amQuote:Originally Posted by purrin
No. Despite quibbles with the 727, any LCD3+(insert any TOTL dynamic amp) never be the equivalent of an 009 + 727 in terms of resolution, transient response, resolution, etc. if that is what you are looking for.
If you have money to burn or can DIY, either the SR009 or SR007 (which has a FR more similar to the LCD3 and should NOT be discounted by the way) is the way to go. My issue with many of the STAX, was that they were light on bass impact and in the case of the SR007, slightly uncontrolled compared to the LCD#s. I promptly got rid of my LCD3 after hearing what the SR007 could do with top-shelf amplification at a local micro-meet. The LCD3 was simply outclassed in every way.
Hmm... I don't know about the 007. It can be a bit too ethereal at times and combined with its relatively dark sound signature, it can sound limp wristed although I have no doubt that it's very technically competent. I'm glad the 009 is a completely different animal in terms of tonal balance and directness.
But maybe it's because I have only heard the 007 on lowly HeadAmp amplifiers instead of the T2.
- New Audeze LCD3
- Headphone Impedance
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 15 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 20 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 2 minutes ago
- › Prog rock 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › Focal Spirit Pro 5 minutes ago
- › Advanced Sound by Cinder
- › OPPO PM-1 by Sam 88
- › Fiil Diva Bluetooth, Noise Cancelling Headphones by Tom22
- › Noble Audio Dulce Bass UIEM by darober2
- › Mitchell & Johnson Electrostatz (GL2) Kickstarter Edition -... by barondla
- › 3.14 MR3 Music Headphones, BA Balanced Armature Headphones with 3... by Brooko
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by reikoshea
- › Fostex T50RP MK3 Professional Studio Headphones, Semi-Open by reikoshea
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...