I don't know why i keep coming back to this thread. I keep telling myself the LCD2 is the headphone for me, but then i read reviews like the one from 6moons and im thrown into a world of doubt....again. The cycle continues.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 2/2/13 at 4:33pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on Today at 2:06 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 or LCD2 - questions about long-term comfort and longevity Last post on 11/24/12 at 1:23pm in High-end Audio Forum
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)
Edited on 12/28/12
- Grado Modification OverviewEdited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
Introduction The ASG-2 is Aurisonics' second (official) foray into the world of iems. The guys over at Aurisonics cater primarily to the music professional crowd, and their products are...
My opinions Sound The sound produced by the HD558 is rich, a bit light, and isn't bloated with bass which is a good thing. It has a crisp treble and punchy bass, very great...
Introduction In the past 2 years VentureCraft has been successfully creating amps and DAC/Amp packaged components with their GD-03, Go-DAP 4.0 for iPhone 4(s), and Go-DAP X for their...
A friend of mine needed a new headphone, which was cheap, closed and good sounding. I said to him, dream on friend it will be very tough to find a headphone with those criteria. But then after...
Along with the summary below, I have posted a Youtube video review of the K550. If you like the video, check out my channel for more reviews :) Summary BUILD The AKG K550...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 436post #6526 of 73259/14/12 at 11:02am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #6527 of 73259/14/12 at 11:13ampost #6528 of 73259/14/12 at 11:29ampost #6529 of 73259/14/12 at 1:07pmQuote:
Subjective reviews state subjective opinions. I've seen the LCD-3 compared to the SR-009 and R-10 plenty often here. If we're going to compare them to the best, they should then be worthy of consideration as the best. You don't compare the m50s to the HE-6, do you?post #6530 of 73259/14/12 at 1:21pm
He didn't say they "compare to the best." He said they're "supposedly the best headphones manufactured," period, regardless of price. IMO that is not a credible statement and shows his ignorance of the headphone market. Supposedly according to whom? I've never seen anyone make that claim here or anywhere else. Even Tyll Hersens over at Innerfidelity doesn't claim they're absolutely the best headphones manufactured, although they apparently are his favorites of the ones he's tested.
Anyway, enough about the review. Don't mean to derail the thread.
Edited by jk6661 - 9/14/12 at 1:35pmpost #6531 of 73259/14/12 at 1:24pmpost #6532 of 73259/14/12 at 3:01pmpost #6533 of 73259/14/12 at 3:12pm
You are not alone. 6moons reviews are THE confusion.post #6534 of 73259/14/12 at 5:24pmpost #6535 of 73259/14/12 at 5:33pm
I was wondering the same thing.post #6536 of 73259/15/12 at 4:14pm
Um, ya they are :p About the only two headphones you could even put in the same conversation are the HD800 and 009. Which you prefer is entirely preference.post #6537 of 73259/15/12 at 4:18pmQuote:
Don't forget the TH900, R10, HE-6, HE90 and SR007. The TH900 is way too sexy to be excluded.post #6538 of 73259/15/12 at 4:47pm
To be fair the HE90, R10 and 007MkI aren't being manufactured right now ;) Personally sold my 007MkI for the LCD-2.1 so its not on my list of LCD-3 equivalents. TH-900 could be a personal preference but on technicalities its not in the same tier as the HD800, LCD-3, 009. HE-6 isn't a headphone, its a speaker mounted on your head :Dpost #6539 of 73259/15/12 at 5:08pmpost #6540 of 73259/17/12 at 1:09amQuote:Originally Posted by purrin
No. Despite quibbles with the 727, any LCD3+(insert any TOTL dynamic amp) never be the equivalent of an 009 + 727 in terms of resolution, transient response, resolution, etc. if that is what you are looking for.
If you have money to burn or can DIY, either the SR009 or SR007 (which has a FR more similar to the LCD3 and should NOT be discounted by the way) is the way to go. My issue with many of the STAX, was that they were light on bass impact and in the case of the SR007, slightly uncontrolled compared to the LCD#s. I promptly got rid of my LCD3 after hearing what the SR007 could do with top-shelf amplification at a local micro-meet. The LCD3 was simply outclassed in every way.
Hmm... I don't know about the 007. It can be a bit too ethereal at times and combined with its relatively dark sound signature, it can sound limp wristed although I have no doubt that it's very technically competent. I'm glad the 009 is a completely different animal in terms of tonal balance and directness.
But maybe it's because I have only heard the 007 on lowly HeadAmp amplifiers instead of the T2.
- New Audeze LCD3
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) 16 seconds ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 17 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review 36 seconds ago
- › New Abyss planar magnetic headphone 45 seconds ago
- › FS: Fitear F111/ To Go! 111 iem incl. shipping 1 minute ago
- › Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D 1 minute ago
- › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening. 2 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Freqphase and Lantos 3D Digital Ear Scanner - Head-Fi TV -... 2 minutes ago
- › New Hifiman HE-5LE planar magnetic headphone 4 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by Marleybob217
- › AKG K 550 by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by a_recording
- › Sony XBA-40/N Gold | Quad Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones... by a_recording
- › Sony XBA-4SL by a_recording
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by a_recording
- › Aune T1 by teb1013
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Power Corner) by joe