I don't know why i keep coming back to this thread. I keep telling myself the LCD2 is the headphone for me, but then i read reviews like the one from 6moons and im thrown into a world of doubt....again. The cycle continues.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 11/12/13 at 5:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 or LCD2 - questions about long-term comfort and longevity Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:23pm in High-end Audio Forum
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/28/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Coming from Tascam US-144 to Audio GD .. Here is the story. A few years ago I discovered the magic world of listening to headphones. The reason for that is the ease of computer hifi. I...
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 436post #6526 of 85279/14/12 at 11:02am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #6527 of 85279/14/12 at 11:13ampost #6528 of 85279/14/12 at 11:29ampost #6529 of 85279/14/12 at 1:07pmQuote:
Subjective reviews state subjective opinions. I've seen the LCD-3 compared to the SR-009 and R-10 plenty often here. If we're going to compare them to the best, they should then be worthy of consideration as the best. You don't compare the m50s to the HE-6, do you?post #6530 of 85279/14/12 at 1:21pm
He didn't say they "compare to the best." He said they're "supposedly the best headphones manufactured," period, regardless of price. IMO that is not a credible statement and shows his ignorance of the headphone market. Supposedly according to whom? I've never seen anyone make that claim here or anywhere else. Even Tyll Hersens over at Innerfidelity doesn't claim they're absolutely the best headphones manufactured, although they apparently are his favorites of the ones he's tested.
Anyway, enough about the review. Don't mean to derail the thread.
Edited by jk6661 - 9/14/12 at 1:35pmpost #6531 of 85279/14/12 at 1:24pmpost #6532 of 85279/14/12 at 3:01pmpost #6533 of 85279/14/12 at 3:12pm
You are not alone. 6moons reviews are THE confusion.post #6534 of 85279/14/12 at 5:24pmpost #6535 of 85279/14/12 at 5:33pm
I was wondering the same thing.post #6536 of 85279/15/12 at 4:14pm
Um, ya they are :p About the only two headphones you could even put in the same conversation are the HD800 and 009. Which you prefer is entirely preference.post #6537 of 85279/15/12 at 4:18pmQuote:
Don't forget the TH900, R10, HE-6, HE90 and SR007. The TH900 is way too sexy to be excluded.post #6538 of 85279/15/12 at 4:47pm
To be fair the HE90, R10 and 007MkI aren't being manufactured right now ;) Personally sold my 007MkI for the LCD-2.1 so its not on my list of LCD-3 equivalents. TH-900 could be a personal preference but on technicalities its not in the same tier as the HD800, LCD-3, 009. HE-6 isn't a headphone, its a speaker mounted on your head :Dpost #6539 of 85279/15/12 at 5:08pmpost #6540 of 85279/17/12 at 1:09amQuote:Originally Posted by purrin
No. Despite quibbles with the 727, any LCD3+(insert any TOTL dynamic amp) never be the equivalent of an 009 + 727 in terms of resolution, transient response, resolution, etc. if that is what you are looking for.
If you have money to burn or can DIY, either the SR009 or SR007 (which has a FR more similar to the LCD3 and should NOT be discounted by the way) is the way to go. My issue with many of the STAX, was that they were light on bass impact and in the case of the SR007, slightly uncontrolled compared to the LCD#s. I promptly got rid of my LCD3 after hearing what the SR007 could do with top-shelf amplification at a local micro-meet. The LCD3 was simply outclassed in every way.
Hmm... I don't know about the 007. It can be a bit too ethereal at times and combined with its relatively dark sound signature, it can sound limp wristed although I have no doubt that it's very technically competent. I'm glad the 009 is a completely different animal in terms of tonal balance and directness.
But maybe it's because I have only heard the 007 on lowly HeadAmp amplifiers instead of the T2.
- New Audeze LCD3
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 seconds ago
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 14 seconds ago
- › Where do New Zealanders get their gear from? 29 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 1 minute ago
- › Upgrade from soundMAGIC E-30 1 minute ago
- › Eddie Current Electra Electrostatic Amplifier 7 minutes ago
- › Wearing IEMs in your nose? 9 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 11 minutes ago
- › INCREDIBLE!! THE YOUNGER SIBLING OF PROJECT SUNRISE 2--THE NEW... 12 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 13 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi