I don't know why i keep coming back to this thread. I keep telling myself the LCD2 is the headphone for me, but then i read reviews like the one from 6moons and im thrown into a world of doubt....again. The cycle continues.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 11/12/13 at 5:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 or LCD2 - questions about long-term comfort and longevity Last post on Today at 12:39 am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
Disclaimer: This unit was part of a tour held by Justin at Headamp.com. As the second in the tour to hear these headphones, it likely was not properly burnt in. I thank Justin for giving me the...
Bought them today for 20€ to use them till i get the bose mie2i and try out how this type of headphone would be like. the sound is okay to watch dvds on you notebook but just muddy if you want...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 436post #6526 of 95369/14/12 at 11:02am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6527 of 95369/14/12 at 11:13ampost #6528 of 95369/14/12 at 11:29ampost #6529 of 95369/14/12 at 1:07pmQuote:
Subjective reviews state subjective opinions. I've seen the LCD-3 compared to the SR-009 and R-10 plenty often here. If we're going to compare them to the best, they should then be worthy of consideration as the best. You don't compare the m50s to the HE-6, do you?post #6530 of 95369/14/12 at 1:21pm
He didn't say they "compare to the best." He said they're "supposedly the best headphones manufactured," period, regardless of price. IMO that is not a credible statement and shows his ignorance of the headphone market. Supposedly according to whom? I've never seen anyone make that claim here or anywhere else. Even Tyll Hersens over at Innerfidelity doesn't claim they're absolutely the best headphones manufactured, although they apparently are his favorites of the ones he's tested.
Anyway, enough about the review. Don't mean to derail the thread.
Edited by jk6661 - 9/14/12 at 1:35pmpost #6531 of 95369/14/12 at 1:24pmpost #6532 of 95369/14/12 at 3:01pmpost #6533 of 95369/14/12 at 3:12pm
You are not alone. 6moons reviews are THE confusion.post #6534 of 95369/14/12 at 5:24pmQuote:
That was my initial thoughts.post #6535 of 95369/14/12 at 5:33pm
I was wondering the same thing.post #6536 of 95369/15/12 at 4:14pm
Um, ya they are :p About the only two headphones you could even put in the same conversation are the HD800 and 009. Which you prefer is entirely preference.post #6537 of 95369/15/12 at 4:18pmQuote:
Don't forget the TH900, R10, HE-6, HE90 and SR007. The TH900 is way too sexy to be excluded.post #6538 of 95369/15/12 at 4:47pm
To be fair the HE90, R10 and 007MkI aren't being manufactured right now ;) Personally sold my 007MkI for the LCD-2.1 so its not on my list of LCD-3 equivalents. TH-900 could be a personal preference but on technicalities its not in the same tier as the HD800, LCD-3, 009. HE-6 isn't a headphone, its a speaker mounted on your head :Dpost #6539 of 95369/15/12 at 5:08pmpost #6540 of 95369/17/12 at 1:09amQuote:Originally Posted by purrin
No. Despite quibbles with the 727, any LCD3+(insert any TOTL dynamic amp) never be the equivalent of an 009 + 727 in terms of resolution, transient response, resolution, etc. if that is what you are looking for.
If you have money to burn or can DIY, either the SR009 or SR007 (which has a FR more similar to the LCD3 and should NOT be discounted by the way) is the way to go. My issue with many of the STAX, was that they were light on bass impact and in the case of the SR007, slightly uncontrolled compared to the LCD#s. I promptly got rid of my LCD3 after hearing what the SR007 could do with top-shelf amplification at a local micro-meet. The LCD3 was simply outclassed in every way.
Hmm... I don't know about the 007. It can be a bit too ethereal at times and combined with its relatively dark sound signature, it can sound limp wristed although I have no doubt that it's very technically competent. I'm glad the 009 is a completely different animal in terms of tonal balance and directness.
But maybe it's because I have only heard the 007 on lowly HeadAmp amplifiers instead of the T2.
- New Audeze LCD3
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › will dac eliminate the buzzing sound? 30 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 41 seconds ago
- › Buying my first audiophile grade headphones need some help please :) 57 seconds ago
- › 2.1 Computer Speakers. 1 minute ago
- › Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review 3 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 3 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 4 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 + cwm recovery Latest Update: 2014-06-30 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 5 minutes ago
- › Appleby Westward Group Limited Paris Newsletter: Julian Rinaldi The... 6 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)