I don't know why i keep coming back to this thread. I keep telling myself the LCD2 is the headphone for me, but then i read reviews like the one from 6moons and im thrown into a world of doubt....again. The cycle continues.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphone for me?!!? Last post on 12/28/13 at 9:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Second Headphones Advise Please!! Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Website to buy headphones? Last post on 3/22/13 at 12:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
RHA CL750 – initial impressions Reid Heath Audio are a Scotland-based manufacturer who will be familiar to iFans, with their T10i and T20i all-metal IEMs being prominently displayed in...
Website: LINK Product page: LINK Price: $50 + Shipping The package… The cable arrives in a small cardboard box and just the cable well wrapped inside. Nothing...
The new Crusher wireless from Skullcandy is a great improvement on the old Skullcrushers. The most noticeable improvement is NO EXTERNAL BATTERIES which is very important because a person can spend...
I have been using this for over a year now and use it nearly daily. Extremely versatile component can be used not only for mobile play, but also line out to my receiver (don't yet have funds for...
I purchased these headphones based on reviews, specifications, and looks and I am not disappointed in the least. The initial comfort for the headphones was good, but it took some adjusting to stop...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 436post #6526 of 113189/14/12 at 11:02am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6527 of 113189/14/12 at 11:13am
Well, it's by a Polish guy with major expectation bias who has very little headphone experience. So don't let that review sway you too much.
No offense to Poles.post #6528 of 113189/14/12 at 11:29ampost #6529 of 113189/14/12 at 1:07pmQuote:
Subjective reviews state subjective opinions. I've seen the LCD-3 compared to the SR-009 and R-10 plenty often here. If we're going to compare them to the best, they should then be worthy of consideration as the best. You don't compare the m50s to the HE-6, do you?post #6530 of 113189/14/12 at 1:21pm
He didn't say they "compare to the best." He said they're "supposedly the best headphones manufactured," period, regardless of price. IMO that is not a credible statement and shows his ignorance of the headphone market. Supposedly according to whom? I've never seen anyone make that claim here or anywhere else. Even Tyll Hersens over at Innerfidelity doesn't claim they're absolutely the best headphones manufactured, although they apparently are his favorites of the ones he's tested.
Anyway, enough about the review. Don't mean to derail the thread.
Edited by jk6661 - 9/14/12 at 1:35pmpost #6531 of 113189/14/12 at 1:24pm
Remember this review is translated from Polish, the translator may take liberties.
But it is possibly the worst published headphone review I've seen in recent memory.post #6532 of 113189/14/12 at 3:01pmpost #6533 of 113189/14/12 at 3:12pm
You are not alone. 6moons reviews are THE confusion.post #6534 of 113189/14/12 at 5:24pmpost #6535 of 113189/14/12 at 5:33pmpost #6536 of 113189/15/12 at 4:14pm
Um, ya they are :p About the only two headphones you could even put in the same conversation are the HD800 and 009. Which you prefer is entirely preference.post #6537 of 113189/15/12 at 4:18pmQuote:
Don't forget the TH900, R10, HE-6, HE90 and SR007. The TH900 is way too sexy to be excluded.post #6538 of 113189/15/12 at 4:47pm
To be fair the HE90, R10 and 007MkI aren't being manufactured right now ;) Personally sold my 007MkI for the LCD-2.1 so its not on my list of LCD-3 equivalents. TH-900 could be a personal preference but on technicalities its not in the same tier as the HD800, LCD-3, 009. HE-6 isn't a headphone, its a speaker mounted on your head :Dpost #6539 of 113189/15/12 at 5:08pmpost #6540 of 113189/17/12 at 1:09amQuote:Originally Posted by purrin
No. Despite quibbles with the 727, any LCD3+(insert any TOTL dynamic amp) never be the equivalent of an 009 + 727 in terms of resolution, transient response, resolution, etc. if that is what you are looking for.
If you have money to burn or can DIY, either the SR009 or SR007 (which has a FR more similar to the LCD3 and should NOT be discounted by the way) is the way to go. My issue with many of the STAX, was that they were light on bass impact and in the case of the SR007, slightly uncontrolled compared to the LCD#s. I promptly got rid of my LCD3 after hearing what the SR007 could do with top-shelf amplification at a local micro-meet. The LCD3 was simply outclassed in every way.
Hmm... I don't know about the 007. It can be a bit too ethereal at times and combined with its relatively dark sound signature, it can sound limp wristed although I have no doubt that it's very technically competent. I'm glad the 009 is a completely different animal in terms of tonal balance and directness.
But maybe it's because I have only heard the 007 on lowly HeadAmp amplifiers instead of the T2.
- New Audeze LCD3
- Headphone Impedance
- › Three Word Story 13 seconds ago
- › Can Con Sydney Australia 7.0 36 seconds ago
- › New DIY Altoids Tin Amp - The Class A "Wintergreen Handwarmer" by... 45 seconds ago
- › USB Strikes Back! Watch out AOIP - USB/Ethernet Chain beats All... 48 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › The Other Metal Thread: No Blastbeat Metal Zone! 1 minute ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 3 minutes ago
- › LG G6 Sound Quality 4 minutes ago
- › Need recommendation between ATH-R70X & HD600 & AKG K712 Pro 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 5 minutes ago
- › RHA CL750 by Jackpot77
- › MEE audio - MMCX SILVER-PLATED CABLE by Zelda
- › Skullcandy Crusher Wireless Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphone with Mic -... by fusiondragon
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by mokler
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by mokler
- › Noble Audio Encore Universal flagship in-ear monitor by WCDchee
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Saraguie
- › Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier by td2004
- › Blue Ever Blue Model 1001 by B9Scrambler
- › Brainwavz B150 by dnun8086
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear