kudos to you, master of the control/mac, c and v keys
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 11/12/13 at 5:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 or LCD2 - questions about long-term comfort and longevity Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:23pm in High-end Audio Forum
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Sources used: Macbook Pro, iphone 4s, Fiio e10, Schiit Magni, This is a personal Unit: Bought at LMUE for 38USD during pre-sale Burn-in time: I don’t believe in huge differences, but in order to...
Note to the Reader This was a demo unit, part of a program organized by Todd the Vinyl Junkie. A big thanks to Todd for his generosity and allowing me a week to fool around with these little...
This is a review and comparison of Ostry KC06 and KC06A in-ear headphones. http://www.ostry.com.cn/item/detailPage?itemid=28 and http://www.ostry.com.cn/item/detailPage?itemid=29 I get a...
I have the 600 Ohm version of these, so other impedance models will probably vary in sound. This said, I find this to be a wonderfully balanced set. They exhibit no harshness to my ears across...
Having those for 5 months, I am very impressed as they openned up really with my senheiser momentum after some burn in. I use them with my laptop (pc). This review will be about the VERY good...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 4post #46 of 938910/13/11 at 4:49pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 938910/13/11 at 5:18pm
hmm, the design is still the same, as they start shipping in about 20 days ...they are not the prototype model, the final model will look the same ...( unless ofcourse its all a plan by audeze )
another 1k over the LCD 2 Demands a lot of improvements than just tweaking the driver ( rev 2 did that )
like the HE6 was to HE5le.
the LCD2 were ( as per some ) in league with R10, O2 and others, this must mean that the LCD-3 ( really , LCD2 was a good name , LCD-3 , is not ) have a high mountain to climb
i mean if sennheiser released a new HP $100 (or so) more than HD800 it ( most probably ) will be of different flavour , ( like the HD650 was to HD600 ) , but if they release a HP of price $1000 more than HD800 they will have to improve over HD800.
So the LCD-3, should be to LCD2
What HD800, are to HD650/600
What K1000, are to K501/601/701
What STAX SR-009, are to SR-007 MK1/MK2
...am waiting to read the impressions .
Edited by singh - 10/13/11 at 5:20pmpost #48 of 938910/13/11 at 6:08pmThread Starterpost #49 of 938910/13/11 at 6:11pmpost #50 of 938910/13/11 at 6:15pmpost #51 of 938910/13/11 at 6:18pm
the effortless-ness of a electrostat can only be acheived by another electrostat. ( or am i wrong ?? )
post #52 of 938910/13/11 at 6:19pmQuote:
Wasn't Grado saying the same thing with the PS1000s? Not many agreed with them on that one.post #53 of 938910/13/11 at 6:21pmQuote:
well they are aiming for the best
"When we started designing the LCD-3 professional reference headphones, the goal was very clear, it must be the best. No compromise when it comes to the quality of sound."post #54 of 938910/13/11 at 6:25pmpost #55 of 938910/13/11 at 6:40pmpost #56 of 938910/13/11 at 6:44pm
Off the Audeze website:Design and ComfortZebra wood housingLambskin EarpadsEfficiency = 91 dBLooks like the same efficiency as the LCD-2s.post #57 of 938910/13/11 at 6:52pmQuote:
Looks like my amps will drive them fine but at $2K, not sure I will give it a try... For sure it will not be twice better than LCD-2, most likely not more than 25% better too.post #58 of 938910/13/11 at 6:53pmQuote:
You got that right, I am in for a pair of LCD3's. Money waiting at paypal from recent sales.
I have been reading how much you guys like the LCD2/Liquid Fire combo so now is my chance to hear the LCD3's/Liquid Fire combo.
Edited by sillysally - 10/13/11 at 7:12pmpost #59 of 938910/13/11 at 6:58pmpost #60 of 938910/13/11 at 7:11pm
Its costs $2000 so probably not. Suddenly my LCD-2 Rev2s seem like some old technology lying around the street ;_; an entire summer of work (poor college student) for 2nd rate headphones :-(
- New Audeze LCD3
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › C&C BH 5 minutes ago
- › Official 2014 SF Head-Fi Meet, July 19, 2014, DoubleTree San... 5 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 5 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 6 minutes ago
- › M-Audio Q40 Impressions (long w/pics) 7 minutes ago
- › PSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphones by Mr_Owlow
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by squallkiercosa
- › Eclipse TD-M1 by HideousPride
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by twister6
- › beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphones by Xyrium
- › DacMagic XS USB DAC Headphone Amp by Davidoffdgh
- › SONY MDR-XB90EX | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import) by kevms89
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by classycans
- › Audio Poutine CDAC+ by WhiskeyJacks
- › Hama HK-3063 by Blanejmc
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)