kudos to you, master of the control/mac, c and v keys
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphone for me?!!? Last post on 12/28/13 at 9:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Second Headphones Advise Please!! Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Website to buy headphones? Last post on 3/22/13 at 12:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Greetings Head-fi, Today we are going to be checking out another HDSS equipped earphone from the team at Blue Ever Blue; the Model 1001. Based out of Washington, D.C., Blue Ever Blue (BeB) exploded...
Disclaimer I would like to give a special thanks to Pandora for having these sent out to me. I am not affiliated with Brainwavz in any way and this product was given in exchange for my honest...
The introductionSony has recently just started to get back at the game to create portable players, and so they too wants something to stand for their Summit of inventions, technologies. ...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: iFi AudioModel: micro iDAC2Price: $349 at amazon.com Volume Control: Precision analogue volume control knob.Power Connector: USB A, USB BBattery Life: N/AInputs: 1x USB...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: HRT Model: microStreamer Price: $169 at amazon.com Volume Control: Digitally-activated analog attenuator, no volume control on unit itself.Power Connector: USB, mini...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 4post #46 of 1131810/13/11 at 4:49pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 1131810/13/11 at 5:18pm
hmm, the design is still the same, as they start shipping in about 20 days ...they are not the prototype model, the final model will look the same ...( unless ofcourse its all a plan by audeze )
another 1k over the LCD 2 Demands a lot of improvements than just tweaking the driver ( rev 2 did that )
like the HE6 was to HE5le.
the LCD2 were ( as per some ) in league with R10, O2 and others, this must mean that the LCD-3 ( really , LCD2 was a good name , LCD-3 , is not ) have a high mountain to climb
i mean if sennheiser released a new HP $100 (or so) more than HD800 it ( most probably ) will be of different flavour , ( like the HD650 was to HD600 ) , but if they release a HP of price $1000 more than HD800 they will have to improve over HD800.
So the LCD-3, should be to LCD2
What HD800, are to HD650/600
What K1000, are to K501/601/701
What STAX SR-009, are to SR-007 MK1/MK2
...am waiting to read the impressions .
Edited by singh - 10/13/11 at 5:20pmpost #48 of 1131810/13/11 at 6:08pmThread Starterpost #49 of 1131810/13/11 at 6:11pmpost #50 of 1131810/13/11 at 6:15pmpost #51 of 1131810/13/11 at 6:18pm
the effortless-ness of a electrostat can only be acheived by another electrostat. ( or am i wrong ?? )
post #52 of 1131810/13/11 at 6:19pmQuote:
Wasn't Grado saying the same thing with the PS1000s? Not many agreed with them on that one.post #53 of 1131810/13/11 at 6:21pmQuote:
well they are aiming for the best
"When we started designing the LCD-3 professional reference headphones, the goal was very clear, it must be the best. No compromise when it comes to the quality of sound."post #54 of 1131810/13/11 at 6:25pmpost #55 of 1131810/13/11 at 6:40pmpost #56 of 1131810/13/11 at 6:44pm
Off the Audeze website:Design and ComfortZebra wood housingLambskin EarpadsEfficiency = 91 dBLooks like the same efficiency as the LCD-2s.post #57 of 1131810/13/11 at 6:52pmQuote:
Looks like my amps will drive them fine but at $2K, not sure I will give it a try... For sure it will not be twice better than LCD-2, most likely not more than 25% better too.post #58 of 1131810/13/11 at 6:53pmQuote:
You got that right, I am in for a pair of LCD3's. Money waiting at paypal from recent sales.
I have been reading how much you guys like the LCD2/Liquid Fire combo so now is my chance to hear the LCD3's/Liquid Fire combo.
Edited by sillysally - 10/13/11 at 7:12pmpost #59 of 1131810/13/11 at 6:58pmpost #60 of 1131810/13/11 at 7:11pm
Its costs $2000 so probably not. Suddenly my LCD-2 Rev2s seem like some old technology lying around the street ;_; an entire summer of work (poor college student) for 2nd rate headphones :-(
- New Audeze LCD3
- Headphone Impedance
- › BTG STARLIGHT 2.5 balanced for FITEAR iems 29 seconds ago
- › USB Strikes Back! Watch out AOIP - USB/Ethernet Chain beats All... 1 minute ago
- › Sony NW A35 Portable Player with Extra stuff 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770-i 16 Ohms - This is real or a fake ? 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO - Beyer's open-back mastering headphone 2 minutes ago
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › iFi iCan SE 3 minutes ago
- › Blue Ever Blue Model 1001 by B9Scrambler
- › Brainwavz B150 by dnun8086
- › SONY digital audio player Walkman NW-WM1Z N (Gold) by Whitigir
- › iFi Micro iDAC2 USB DAC/HP Amp by Sil3nce
- › HRT - MicroStreamer - High Performance External USB Soundcard and... by Sil3nce
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Sil3nce
- › Chord MoJo by Sil3nce
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by Sil3nce
- › Focal Elear by ngoshawk
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by GhostPhantom
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear