kudos to you, master of the control/mac, c and v keys
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphone for me?!!? Last post on 12/28/13 at 9:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Second Headphones Advise Please!! Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Website to buy headphones? Last post on 3/22/13 at 12:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 6/29/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
RHA T20 Review Tour Many thanks to RHA and forum member Rearwing for arranging the tour and the generosity of a 10-day listening period (my suspicion though is to pass some thanks to reviewer...
Construction, Materials, and Comfort: For starters, the protein leather is extremely soft and supple, and makes the ear pads and headband luxurious to touch. Heat retention actually isn't as bad...
I originally bought these after my earphones that came with my phone broke. After receiving these I was extremely pleased with the bass: it was boomy, punchy and felt powerful. These were also very...
I am an amateur recording engineer that mainly uses a laptop pc on location with a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20. The bus power is no doubt as noisy as a baby with a full diaper that's up way past...
NOTE: This is my first review and I'm a budding audio enthusiast. This is no pro review, just a newb trying to put audio nuances to words. These are my first pair of Balanced Armatures and I am...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 4post #46 of 1057310/13/11 at 4:49pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 1057310/13/11 at 5:18pm
hmm, the design is still the same, as they start shipping in about 20 days ...they are not the prototype model, the final model will look the same ...( unless ofcourse its all a plan by audeze )
another 1k over the LCD 2 Demands a lot of improvements than just tweaking the driver ( rev 2 did that )
like the HE6 was to HE5le.
the LCD2 were ( as per some ) in league with R10, O2 and others, this must mean that the LCD-3 ( really , LCD2 was a good name , LCD-3 , is not ) have a high mountain to climb
i mean if sennheiser released a new HP $100 (or so) more than HD800 it ( most probably ) will be of different flavour , ( like the HD650 was to HD600 ) , but if they release a HP of price $1000 more than HD800 they will have to improve over HD800.
So the LCD-3, should be to LCD2
What HD800, are to HD650/600
What K1000, are to K501/601/701
What STAX SR-009, are to SR-007 MK1/MK2
...am waiting to read the impressions .
Edited by singh - 10/13/11 at 5:20pmpost #48 of 1057310/13/11 at 6:08pmThread Starterpost #49 of 1057310/13/11 at 6:11pmpost #50 of 1057310/13/11 at 6:15pmpost #51 of 1057310/13/11 at 6:18pm
the effortless-ness of a electrostat can only be acheived by another electrostat. ( or am i wrong ?? )
post #52 of 1057310/13/11 at 6:19pmQuote:
Wasn't Grado saying the same thing with the PS1000s? Not many agreed with them on that one.post #53 of 1057310/13/11 at 6:21pmQuote:
well they are aiming for the best
"When we started designing the LCD-3 professional reference headphones, the goal was very clear, it must be the best. No compromise when it comes to the quality of sound."post #54 of 1057310/13/11 at 6:25pmpost #55 of 1057310/13/11 at 6:40pmpost #56 of 1057310/13/11 at 6:44pm
Off the Audeze website:Design and ComfortZebra wood housingLambskin EarpadsEfficiency = 91 dBLooks like the same efficiency as the LCD-2s.post #57 of 1057310/13/11 at 6:52pmQuote:
Looks like my amps will drive them fine but at $2K, not sure I will give it a try... For sure it will not be twice better than LCD-2, most likely not more than 25% better too.post #58 of 1057310/13/11 at 6:53pmQuote:
You got that right, I am in for a pair of LCD3's. Money waiting at paypal from recent sales.
I have been reading how much you guys like the LCD2/Liquid Fire combo so now is my chance to hear the LCD3's/Liquid Fire combo.
Edited by sillysally - 10/13/11 at 7:12pmpost #59 of 1057310/13/11 at 6:58pmpost #60 of 1057310/13/11 at 7:11pm
Its costs $2000 so probably not. Suddenly my LCD-2 Rev2s seem like some old technology lying around the street ;_; an entire summer of work (poor college student) for 2nd rate headphones :-(
- New Audeze LCD3
- Headphone Impedance
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 39 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 46 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › Vape-Fi 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › RHA T20 by LFC_SL
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › Joseph Grado HPA-1 by kayandjohn
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluetooth Wireless Headphones by pformagg
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)