kudos to you, master of the control/mac, c and v keys
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphone for me?!!? Last post on 12/28/13 at 9:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Second Headphones Advise Please!! Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Website to buy headphones? Last post on 3/22/13 at 12:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction: The Fischer Audio Totem Paco (FE-131) is a newly released earphone from Fischer Audio. They’re small, built well and sound good. Want to know more? Read on. Below is the...
I was sent a couple of the ShareMe headphones to try recently for review purposes. The name of the company isn't one that I'm familiar with but I have seen various low priced offerings on...
The ANC-G5 active noise canceling headphones can be had from Amazon for 60 USD. How does it compare to the number one noise canceling headphones, the Bose QuietComfort QC20i? Comfort The...
Preamble: Superlux – the Chinese/Taiwanese company really doesn’t need any further instruction for anyone who is at least just a little into audio and headphones. Being in the...
Commercial brands are pretty much like IT girls: should one of them flash her bare belly in the street, the next day the whole town would follow to vast enjoyment of the «other half of mankind»,...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 4post #46 of 1111010/13/11 at 4:49pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 1111010/13/11 at 5:18pm
hmm, the design is still the same, as they start shipping in about 20 days ...they are not the prototype model, the final model will look the same ...( unless ofcourse its all a plan by audeze )
another 1k over the LCD 2 Demands a lot of improvements than just tweaking the driver ( rev 2 did that )
like the HE6 was to HE5le.
the LCD2 were ( as per some ) in league with R10, O2 and others, this must mean that the LCD-3 ( really , LCD2 was a good name , LCD-3 , is not ) have a high mountain to climb
i mean if sennheiser released a new HP $100 (or so) more than HD800 it ( most probably ) will be of different flavour , ( like the HD650 was to HD600 ) , but if they release a HP of price $1000 more than HD800 they will have to improve over HD800.
So the LCD-3, should be to LCD2
What HD800, are to HD650/600
What K1000, are to K501/601/701
What STAX SR-009, are to SR-007 MK1/MK2
...am waiting to read the impressions .
Edited by singh - 10/13/11 at 5:20pmpost #48 of 1111010/13/11 at 6:08pmThread Starterpost #49 of 1111010/13/11 at 6:11pmpost #50 of 1111010/13/11 at 6:15pmpost #51 of 1111010/13/11 at 6:18pm
the effortless-ness of a electrostat can only be acheived by another electrostat. ( or am i wrong ?? )
post #52 of 1111010/13/11 at 6:19pmQuote:
Wasn't Grado saying the same thing with the PS1000s? Not many agreed with them on that one.post #53 of 1111010/13/11 at 6:21pmQuote:
well they are aiming for the best
"When we started designing the LCD-3 professional reference headphones, the goal was very clear, it must be the best. No compromise when it comes to the quality of sound."post #54 of 1111010/13/11 at 6:25pmpost #55 of 1111010/13/11 at 6:40pmpost #56 of 1111010/13/11 at 6:44pm
Off the Audeze website:Design and ComfortZebra wood housingLambskin EarpadsEfficiency = 91 dBLooks like the same efficiency as the LCD-2s.post #57 of 1111010/13/11 at 6:52pmQuote:
Looks like my amps will drive them fine but at $2K, not sure I will give it a try... For sure it will not be twice better than LCD-2, most likely not more than 25% better too.post #58 of 1111010/13/11 at 6:53pmQuote:
You got that right, I am in for a pair of LCD3's. Money waiting at paypal from recent sales.
I have been reading how much you guys like the LCD2/Liquid Fire combo so now is my chance to hear the LCD3's/Liquid Fire combo.
Edited by sillysally - 10/13/11 at 7:12pmpost #59 of 1111010/13/11 at 6:58pmpost #60 of 1111010/13/11 at 7:11pm
Its costs $2000 so probably not. Suddenly my LCD-2 Rev2s seem like some old technology lying around the street ;_; an entire summer of work (poor college student) for 2nd rate headphones :-(
- New Audeze LCD3
- Headphone Impedance
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 16 seconds ago
- › Am I a heartless monster... 26 seconds ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 56 seconds ago
- › The Best audiophile tracks to test equipment 1 minute ago
- › The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 5 minutes ago
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by crabdog
- › Mixcder ShareMe Wireless Bluetooth Headphones,Built in Mic for... by iancraig10
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by pkshiu
- › Superlux HD-668 B by HiFiChris
- › Meze 99 Classics by HansBarbarossa
- › Cayin i5 by cleg
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C by Delayeed
- › Cable Matters Gold Plated Toslink Digital Optical Audio Cable with... by Gabeh765
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by Cinder
- › ZMF Headphones x Vibro MK II by Cinder
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...