Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › New Audeze LCD3
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Audeze LCD3 - Page 24

post #346 of 9386

Rob, will you have a Rev 2 handy for your review comparison? That's the thing I'd like to hear about.

post #347 of 9386

So, ttyl has heard the LCD3 - has he posted any impressions yet?

post #348 of 9386

well, everyone seems to say that the comfort has been improved..but how heavy exactly the LCD-3 is?? anyone find the specs or happen to ask at the audeze booth??

post #349 of 9386

There are a few posts with impressions in the Canjam/RMAF thread.

post #350 of 9386

Man...even if I get frustrated with Tyll sometimes he always seems to make me laugh. Those faces are awesome. He seems like the Anthony Bourdain of the headphone world to me.

 

Also, that brown leather is gorgeous. Makes the wood seem like a more logical choice. Oh, and after seeing it in actual photos I like it...

post #351 of 9386
Ok the LCD 3 is stunning and worth every last penny of the gap between it and the LCD 2. The detail and refinement put them in another class vs the LCD 2. I spent about 30 minutes with the 3 over two sessions through 3 amps and each time they represented as a top tier headphone.

Funny how just a few short years ago we as a community were up in arms that no statement class headphones were in production now we complain that they are too expensive.
post #352 of 9386

What does ttyl's "uber portable rig" consist of?

post #353 of 9386

conjecture:  The headroom micro products in a stack.

post #354 of 9386

Hey guys, any info on the new cables that will come with the LCD-3s yet?

 

post #355 of 9386

Kind reminder:

 

1. most people considering LCD-3 can probably use a better source more than another set of more-better hi-end cans;

 

2. hi-end audio is luxury consumption and should be treated as such -- please try not to put off basic consumptions to chase slightly higher audio performance; and

 

3. given Audeze's track record (multiple cosmetic/sound changes within a single headphone model and episodes of higher-than-normal defective drivers), it might be more cost effective in the long run to wait rather than to rush in right now (I plan to wait at least 6 months before I get one).


Edited by chesebert - 10/16/11 at 11:03am
post #356 of 9386
Quote:
Originally Posted by chesebert View Post

Kind reminder:

 

1. most people considering LCD-3 can probably use a better source more than another set of more-better hi-end cans;

 

2. hi-end audio is luxury consumption and should be treated as such -- please try not to put off basic consumptions to chase slightly higher audio performance; and

 

3. given Audeze's track record (multiple cosmetic/sound changes within a single headphone model and episodes of higher-than-normal defective drivers), it might be more cost effective in the long run to wait rather than to rush in right now (I plan to wait at least 6 months before I get one).




i agree with holding off til things settle. i will keep tabs on the impressions from the owners of the first batch.

post #357 of 9386

I know that the LCD-2 had some recessed upper mids.  Did the LCD-3 resolve this?  How are the upper mids on the LCD-3?

post #358 of 9386

I don't think the LCD-2 had recessed upper mids, they just don't have forward upper mids like most headphones.

post #359 of 9386
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmdevils View Post

I don't think the LCD-2 had recessed upper mids, they just don't have forward upper mids like most headphones.

I would have to agree. I don't think the LCD-2 have recessed mids. 

 


Edited by jamato8 - 10/16/11 at 1:02pm
post #360 of 9386
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmdevils View Post

I don't think the LCD-2 had recessed upper mids, they just don't have forward upper mids like most headphones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post

I would have to agree. I don't think the LCD-2 have recessed mids. 

 


I agree also and thank heavens it doesn't have a forward upper mid.  

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › New Audeze LCD3