It's still a flawed headphone.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphone for me?!!? Last post on 12/28/13 at 9:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Second Headphones Advise Please!! Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Website to buy headphones? Last post on 3/22/13 at 12:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/5/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Even at their current $89 price, I consider the Klipsch R6s an excellent value. They are fundamentally honest about what you put into them. Although they reveal a great deal about each recording,...
With my head laid back, eyes closed, and feet tapping to the beat, I can’t help but be thankful for some of the audio equipment that I have. Thankfully, Justin Weber, owner of Ampsandsound,...
Acknowledgment It’s always a privilege to check out new gear in exchange for your honest opinion. Thanks, iFi, for letting me in on this particular party. I’ve been borrowing this unit...
Introduction I have recently had the good fortune to review 1More’s excellent Triple Driver 1001 In Ear Monitors and their MK802 Bluetooth full-sized headphone and was left extremely impressed...
As the rabbit hole of summit-fi in-ear monitors gets deeper and deeper, I find myself encountering the same issues over and over. Most of the high end multiple armature driver in-ear monitors in...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 12post #166 of 1124810/14/11 at 1:33pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #167 of 1124810/14/11 at 1:41pmpost #168 of 1124810/14/11 at 1:47pm
That means the LCD3 is intended the big boys. Expect to put up at least $2K in amplification.post #169 of 1124810/14/11 at 1:47pm
If I had to agree with Hennyo's conspiracy theories in one area -- it would be cables. That's what I don't understand ... how can you have $1500+ headphones with mediocre stock cables? Just doesn't make sense to me. I mean, it's great for ALO, Moon and super cool people like Peter/DHC, and glad they can offer such an awesome service -- but the fact that you're almost forced to re-cable a high-end headphone to get to it's full sonic potential is kinda shady IMHO.post #170 of 1124810/14/11 at 1:49pm
I wonder if the RWA Aueze'e edition Sky recently reviewed is still optimized (as they claim) for this new LCD-3?
I was considering it, but will be curious to see if there's not a better compliment at that price .....
Quote:post #171 of 1124810/14/11 at 1:49pmpost #172 of 1124810/14/11 at 1:49pm
Umm what's wrong with the stock cable? It is far from a 'fact' that you need to upgrade the cable. It performs as it should and is actually pretty high quality compared to most stock cables.post #173 of 1124810/14/11 at 1:51pmQuote:
post #174 of 1124810/14/11 at 1:56pmQuote:
I owned it for about 3 weeks and sent it back under their 30 days money back guarantee, wasn't my cup of tea, the Audeze edition name behind it is more marketing than anything else, it's a great amp but it doesn't mean (as far as I know) it was optimized in any way for the LCD-2, it will perform just as well with any other headphones, they name just implies it's a package deal including the LCD-2.post #175 of 1124810/14/11 at 1:56pm
That's typical audiofool thinking "what?! my cables don't cost at least 800$ to match with ma headphone?"
Sorry I tried hard not to.Quote:Originally Posted by Tonyflo
If I had to agree with Hennyo's conspiracy theories in one area -- it would be cables. That's what I don't understand ... how can you have $1500+ headphones with mediocre stock cables? Just doesn't make sense to me. I mean, it's great for ALO, Moon and super cool people like Peter/DHC, and glad they can offer such an awesome service -- but the fact that you're almost forced to re-cable a high-end headphone to get to it's full sonic potential is kinda shady IMHO.
Edited by BoogieWoogie - 10/14/11 at 1:58pmpost #176 of 1124810/14/11 at 1:57pmpost #177 of 1124810/14/11 at 2:00pmQuote:
This would be surprising considering they've put their name behind the Red Wine Audio amp and sell it on their website, I'm not saying it's bad or anything just would be strange from marketing point of view.post #178 of 1124810/14/11 at 2:00pmQuote:
Well the Red Wine Audio Audeze Edition has a 4 pin XLR while the not Audeze branded Cavalli Liquid Fire only has TRS. Hmmm... Conspiracy.post #179 of 1124810/14/11 at 2:11pm
- New Audeze LCD3
- Headphone Impedance
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 23 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-1000X 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 7 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced 9 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 9 minutes ago
- › Lavricables Pure Silver lightning (Chord Hugo/Mojo) interconnect ... 10 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics VE Asura 2.0 Impressions & Discussion Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 11 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 12 minutes ago
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD Black Label by glassmonkey
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by Peddler
- › iFi Audio iEMatch Headphone Travel Accessory by Hisoundfi
- › Soundaware Esther by ambchang
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Hisoundfi
- › HiFiMAN Edition S by Aornic
- › Accutone Taurus by mark2410
- › Remax RM 305M Aluminum Earbud by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear