It's still a flawed headphone.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphone for me?!!? Last post on 12/28/13 at 9:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Second Headphones Advise Please!! Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Website to buy headphones? Last post on 3/22/13 at 12:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
As list in the summary, I don't like this product, and I will not buy any product from Philips because of the post-sale service. After I tried replacing all of the ear-pieces in the box, I...
Introduction – When I was first looking into a set of computer speakers, many brands tickled my ear but few really caught my eye. Edifier are a perfect example of a brand renowned for their...
Mine developed a noisy right channel after a relatively short time. Cambridge Tech support was poor and customer support was just as bad. This company is pennywise and pound foolish and should...
I’ve worked with Accutone IEMs before. However, I’ve never been so thoroughly satisfied a product of theirs. Almost every build-quality complaint I’ve had before lies dead at the feet of...
I have heard the littledot mkIV, and it pretty much sounded like any other solid state amp as well so i though eh, littledot is just another shammy company... but then I discovered the MKIII - and...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 12post #166 of 1108510/14/11 at 1:33pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #167 of 1108510/14/11 at 1:41pmpost #168 of 1108510/14/11 at 1:47pm
That means the LCD3 is intended the big boys. Expect to put up at least $2K in amplification.post #169 of 1108510/14/11 at 1:47pm
If I had to agree with Hennyo's conspiracy theories in one area -- it would be cables. That's what I don't understand ... how can you have $1500+ headphones with mediocre stock cables? Just doesn't make sense to me. I mean, it's great for ALO, Moon and super cool people like Peter/DHC, and glad they can offer such an awesome service -- but the fact that you're almost forced to re-cable a high-end headphone to get to it's full sonic potential is kinda shady IMHO.post #170 of 1108510/14/11 at 1:49pm
I wonder if the RWA Aueze'e edition Sky recently reviewed is still optimized (as they claim) for this new LCD-3?
I was considering it, but will be curious to see if there's not a better compliment at that price .....
Quote:post #171 of 1108510/14/11 at 1:49pmpost #172 of 1108510/14/11 at 1:49pm
Umm what's wrong with the stock cable? It is far from a 'fact' that you need to upgrade the cable. It performs as it should and is actually pretty high quality compared to most stock cables.post #173 of 1108510/14/11 at 1:51pmQuote:
post #174 of 1108510/14/11 at 1:56pmQuote:
I owned it for about 3 weeks and sent it back under their 30 days money back guarantee, wasn't my cup of tea, the Audeze edition name behind it is more marketing than anything else, it's a great amp but it doesn't mean (as far as I know) it was optimized in any way for the LCD-2, it will perform just as well with any other headphones, they name just implies it's a package deal including the LCD-2.post #175 of 1108510/14/11 at 1:56pm
That's typical audiofool thinking "what?! my cables don't cost at least 800$ to match with ma headphone?"
Sorry I tried hard not to.Quote:Originally Posted by Tonyflo
If I had to agree with Hennyo's conspiracy theories in one area -- it would be cables. That's what I don't understand ... how can you have $1500+ headphones with mediocre stock cables? Just doesn't make sense to me. I mean, it's great for ALO, Moon and super cool people like Peter/DHC, and glad they can offer such an awesome service -- but the fact that you're almost forced to re-cable a high-end headphone to get to it's full sonic potential is kinda shady IMHO.
Edited by BoogieWoogie - 10/14/11 at 1:58pmpost #176 of 1108510/14/11 at 1:57pmpost #177 of 1108510/14/11 at 2:00pmQuote:
This would be surprising considering they've put their name behind the Red Wine Audio amp and sell it on their website, I'm not saying it's bad or anything just would be strange from marketing point of view.post #178 of 1108510/14/11 at 2:00pmQuote:
Well the Red Wine Audio Audeze Edition has a 4 pin XLR while the not Audeze branded Cavalli Liquid Fire only has TRS. Hmmm... Conspiracy.post #179 of 1108510/14/11 at 2:11pm
- New Audeze LCD3
- Headphone Impedance
- › Home-Made IEMs 1 second ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern beyerdynamic AK T8iE Review (First Impressions from IFA... 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 6 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Final Update: April 17th, 2016) 7 minutes ago
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 11 minutes ago
- › Mitchell & Johnson – Electrostatz Headphones, Kickstarter Edition 12 minutes ago
- › SELL ME YOUR YAMAHA MT220! 15 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 16 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio S2 by Jemuillot
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by ryanjsoo
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by hankaberle
- › Accutone Pavo by Cinder
- › Little Dot MK III by Beztis
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Malfunkt
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by bhazard
- › Brainwavz Jive by B9Scrambler
- › iFi Nano iUSB 3.0 Power Supply by Army-Firedawg
- › iFi Pro iCAN by thatonenoob
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...