It's still a flawed headphone.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 11/12/13 at 5:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 or LCD2 - questions about long-term comfort and longevity Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:23pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 12post #166 of 953610/14/11 at 1:33pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #167 of 953610/14/11 at 1:41pmpost #168 of 953610/14/11 at 1:47pm
That means the LCD3 is intended the big boys. Expect to put up at least $2K in amplification.post #169 of 953610/14/11 at 1:47pm
If I had to agree with Hennyo's conspiracy theories in one area -- it would be cables. That's what I don't understand ... how can you have $1500+ headphones with mediocre stock cables? Just doesn't make sense to me. I mean, it's great for ALO, Moon and super cool people like Peter/DHC, and glad they can offer such an awesome service -- but the fact that you're almost forced to re-cable a high-end headphone to get to it's full sonic potential is kinda shady IMHO.post #170 of 953610/14/11 at 1:49pm
I wonder if the RWA Aueze'e edition Sky recently reviewed is still optimized (as they claim) for this new LCD-3?
I was considering it, but will be curious to see if there's not a better compliment at that price .....
Quote:post #171 of 953610/14/11 at 1:49pmpost #172 of 953610/14/11 at 1:49pm
Umm what's wrong with the stock cable? It is far from a 'fact' that you need to upgrade the cable. It performs as it should and is actually pretty high quality compared to most stock cables.post #173 of 953610/14/11 at 1:51pmQuote:
post #174 of 953610/14/11 at 1:56pmQuote:
I owned it for about 3 weeks and sent it back under their 30 days money back guarantee, wasn't my cup of tea, the Audeze edition name behind it is more marketing than anything else, it's a great amp but it doesn't mean (as far as I know) it was optimized in any way for the LCD-2, it will perform just as well with any other headphones, they name just implies it's a package deal including the LCD-2.post #175 of 953610/14/11 at 1:56pm
That's typical audiofool thinking "what?! my cables don't cost at least 800$ to match with ma headphone?"
Sorry I tried hard not to.Quote:Originally Posted by Tonyflo
If I had to agree with Hennyo's conspiracy theories in one area -- it would be cables. That's what I don't understand ... how can you have $1500+ headphones with mediocre stock cables? Just doesn't make sense to me. I mean, it's great for ALO, Moon and super cool people like Peter/DHC, and glad they can offer such an awesome service -- but the fact that you're almost forced to re-cable a high-end headphone to get to it's full sonic potential is kinda shady IMHO.
Edited by BoogieWoogie - 10/14/11 at 1:58pmpost #176 of 953610/14/11 at 1:57pmpost #177 of 953610/14/11 at 2:00pmQuote:
This would be surprising considering they've put their name behind the Red Wine Audio amp and sell it on their website, I'm not saying it's bad or anything just would be strange from marketing point of view.post #178 of 953610/14/11 at 2:00pmQuote:
Well the Red Wine Audio Audeze Edition has a 4 pin XLR while the not Audeze branded Cavalli Liquid Fire only has TRS. Hmmm... Conspiracy.post #179 of 953610/14/11 at 2:11pm
- New Audeze LCD3
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › beyerdynamic A 20 amp 56 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 1 minute ago
- › Be Gifted: Unwrap Koyal’s Spring 2013 Favors Collection by Koyal... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › Improving on my headphone rig... 3 minutes ago
- › New Cavalli Audio Portable Amp officially in the works 3 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN HE-400i touring event is coming. 3 minutes ago
- › Is the Audio-Technica ATH-M50 really the best headphone all over... 3 minutes ago
- › Best looking tube amp 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)