It's still a flawed headphone.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphone for me?!!? Last post on 12/28/13 at 9:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Second Headphones Advise Please!! Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Website to buy headphones? Last post on 3/22/13 at 12:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Brainwavz IntroABOUT USBrainwavz provides high-end earphones specifically designed for high-quality sound and tailor-made to provide the user with a solution that can be used across a wide range of...
Sound Blaster X G5 The Gaming device with everything* we asked for A Little Context The G5 is part of Creative's "Blaster X" gamer focused line, cued after the name of the X7. I loved the...
Intro TL;DR: The Brainwavz XF200 is, in and of itself, an excellent sports IEM that will go the extra mile with you and then some. Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora...
I must first and foremost give a large and heartfelt thank you to secondipity for reaching out to me and asking if I would be interested in reviewing some products offered by them. This is...
ZMF OMNI - REVIEW Zach and Luke are Ortho Docs Disclaimer: No mercy… though the Omni is merciful I really think the Omni can hold up to scrutiny very well. While I have been a long time...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 12post #166 of 1108510/14/11 at 1:33pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #167 of 1108510/14/11 at 1:41pmpost #168 of 1108510/14/11 at 1:47pm
That means the LCD3 is intended the big boys. Expect to put up at least $2K in amplification.post #169 of 1108510/14/11 at 1:47pm
If I had to agree with Hennyo's conspiracy theories in one area -- it would be cables. That's what I don't understand ... how can you have $1500+ headphones with mediocre stock cables? Just doesn't make sense to me. I mean, it's great for ALO, Moon and super cool people like Peter/DHC, and glad they can offer such an awesome service -- but the fact that you're almost forced to re-cable a high-end headphone to get to it's full sonic potential is kinda shady IMHO.post #170 of 1108510/14/11 at 1:49pm
I wonder if the RWA Aueze'e edition Sky recently reviewed is still optimized (as they claim) for this new LCD-3?
I was considering it, but will be curious to see if there's not a better compliment at that price .....
Quote:post #171 of 1108510/14/11 at 1:49pmpost #172 of 1108510/14/11 at 1:49pm
Umm what's wrong with the stock cable? It is far from a 'fact' that you need to upgrade the cable. It performs as it should and is actually pretty high quality compared to most stock cables.post #173 of 1108510/14/11 at 1:51pmQuote:
post #174 of 1108510/14/11 at 1:56pmQuote:
I owned it for about 3 weeks and sent it back under their 30 days money back guarantee, wasn't my cup of tea, the Audeze edition name behind it is more marketing than anything else, it's a great amp but it doesn't mean (as far as I know) it was optimized in any way for the LCD-2, it will perform just as well with any other headphones, they name just implies it's a package deal including the LCD-2.post #175 of 1108510/14/11 at 1:56pm
That's typical audiofool thinking "what?! my cables don't cost at least 800$ to match with ma headphone?"
Sorry I tried hard not to.Quote:Originally Posted by Tonyflo
If I had to agree with Hennyo's conspiracy theories in one area -- it would be cables. That's what I don't understand ... how can you have $1500+ headphones with mediocre stock cables? Just doesn't make sense to me. I mean, it's great for ALO, Moon and super cool people like Peter/DHC, and glad they can offer such an awesome service -- but the fact that you're almost forced to re-cable a high-end headphone to get to it's full sonic potential is kinda shady IMHO.
Edited by BoogieWoogie - 10/14/11 at 1:58pmpost #176 of 1108510/14/11 at 1:57pmpost #177 of 1108510/14/11 at 2:00pmQuote:
This would be surprising considering they've put their name behind the Red Wine Audio amp and sell it on their website, I'm not saying it's bad or anything just would be strange from marketing point of view.post #178 of 1108510/14/11 at 2:00pmQuote:
Well the Red Wine Audio Audeze Edition has a 4 pin XLR while the not Audeze branded Cavalli Liquid Fire only has TRS. Hmmm... Conspiracy.post #179 of 1108510/14/11 at 2:11pm
- New Audeze LCD3
- Headphone Impedance
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 8 seconds ago
- › World First! Massdrop x HiFIMAN Collaboration Announcement 10 seconds ago
- › Cheap Amp/DAC recommendation for mobile. 12 seconds ago
- › Creative G5 discussion and reviews 33 seconds ago
- › Shozy Zero: $50 IEMs with real rosewood, taking on the $500 big boys! 52 seconds ago
- › Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones! 55 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Echobox Finder X1 review/impressions/discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Audio interface VS dac + headphone amp ? 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO AM5 - High Power Amplifier Module for X7 by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Truss - The All Metal Under Desk Dual Headphone Hanger... by Wokei
- › Creative Labs Sound BlasterX G5 by Evshrug
- › Brainwavz XFIT XF-200 In-Ear Sport Earbuds Noise Isolating... by thatBeatsguy
- › SONY MDRZX330BT/B Sony MDR ZX330BT - Headset - on-ear - wireless -... by Army-Firedawg
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by grizzlybeast
- › Schiit Gungnir by Aornic
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by meringo
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Aerosphere
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by FortisFlyer75
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse