It's still a flawed headphone.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphone for me?!!? Last post on 12/28/13 at 9:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Second Headphones Advise Please!! Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Website to buy headphones? Last post on 3/22/13 at 12:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The F7200 is a single balanced armature in ear moniter from the Japanese company Final. Final have been in business since 1974 and in my opinion make some retro looking IEM and full size...
The Denon AH C250 - it's like a pretty gold ring that doesn't fit every finger. Yes, it's good. Quite good. Yet the likability is highly dependant on what it's best at and what it...
I was lucky enough to get a pair of the T20 from a friend for a low price (less than half the retail price). Even Though I managed to get it at such a low cost this wasn't taken into fact when...
Ampsandsound Agartha: Silken Simplicity Reviewed by: Dillan (Photo source: ampsandsound.com) Introduction Tube amplifiers are a real hard thing to get right. Some people...
I first started with the ath a900x which i fell in love with. Recently they broke, and i did not have the money to purchases them again or the newer model. So i took a chance and got the a550z, for...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 12post #166 of 1112910/14/11 at 1:33pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #167 of 1112910/14/11 at 1:41pmpost #168 of 1112910/14/11 at 1:47pm
That means the LCD3 is intended the big boys. Expect to put up at least $2K in amplification.post #169 of 1112910/14/11 at 1:47pm
If I had to agree with Hennyo's conspiracy theories in one area -- it would be cables. That's what I don't understand ... how can you have $1500+ headphones with mediocre stock cables? Just doesn't make sense to me. I mean, it's great for ALO, Moon and super cool people like Peter/DHC, and glad they can offer such an awesome service -- but the fact that you're almost forced to re-cable a high-end headphone to get to it's full sonic potential is kinda shady IMHO.post #170 of 1112910/14/11 at 1:49pm
I wonder if the RWA Aueze'e edition Sky recently reviewed is still optimized (as they claim) for this new LCD-3?
I was considering it, but will be curious to see if there's not a better compliment at that price .....
Quote:post #171 of 1112910/14/11 at 1:49pmpost #172 of 1112910/14/11 at 1:49pm
Umm what's wrong with the stock cable? It is far from a 'fact' that you need to upgrade the cable. It performs as it should and is actually pretty high quality compared to most stock cables.post #173 of 1112910/14/11 at 1:51pmQuote:
post #174 of 1112910/14/11 at 1:56pmQuote:
I owned it for about 3 weeks and sent it back under their 30 days money back guarantee, wasn't my cup of tea, the Audeze edition name behind it is more marketing than anything else, it's a great amp but it doesn't mean (as far as I know) it was optimized in any way for the LCD-2, it will perform just as well with any other headphones, they name just implies it's a package deal including the LCD-2.post #175 of 1112910/14/11 at 1:56pm
That's typical audiofool thinking "what?! my cables don't cost at least 800$ to match with ma headphone?"
Sorry I tried hard not to.Quote:Originally Posted by Tonyflo
If I had to agree with Hennyo's conspiracy theories in one area -- it would be cables. That's what I don't understand ... how can you have $1500+ headphones with mediocre stock cables? Just doesn't make sense to me. I mean, it's great for ALO, Moon and super cool people like Peter/DHC, and glad they can offer such an awesome service -- but the fact that you're almost forced to re-cable a high-end headphone to get to it's full sonic potential is kinda shady IMHO.
Edited by BoogieWoogie - 10/14/11 at 1:58pmpost #176 of 1112910/14/11 at 1:57pmpost #177 of 1112910/14/11 at 2:00pmQuote:
This would be surprising considering they've put their name behind the Red Wine Audio amp and sell it on their website, I'm not saying it's bad or anything just would be strange from marketing point of view.post #178 of 1112910/14/11 at 2:00pmQuote:
Well the Red Wine Audio Audeze Edition has a 4 pin XLR while the not Audeze branded Cavalli Liquid Fire only has TRS. Hmmm... Conspiracy.post #179 of 1112910/14/11 at 2:11pm
- New Audeze LCD3
- Headphone Impedance
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio E17k Alpen 2 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Benjie S5 Offical Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Comparisons: 32 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 5 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 7 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 7 minutes ago
- › Final F7200 by Takeanidea
- › Denon Music Maniac In-Ear Headphones (AH-C250) by redeyeguy
- › RHA T20 by RaoulRutnam
- › ampsandsound Agartha Single-Ended Amplifier by Dillan
- › audio-technica ATH-A550Z Art-Monitor Headphones by rickyday
- › Advanced Sound by gprs007
- › iBasso IT03 by jon parker
- › Arcam irDAC-II - DAC, Headphone Amp, Bluetooth Streamer by crabdog
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by dubbcd
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones with Microphone and Remote... by dnun8086
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...