Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › New Audeze LCD3
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Audeze LCD3 - Page 2

post #16 of 9011
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnmnkh View Post

Not sure if I like the color of the wood....

 

 



The good news is you don't see it when you're wearing them. biggrin.gif

post #17 of 9011
Quote:
Originally Posted by cAsE sEnSiTiVe View Post

The good news is you don't see it when you're wearing them. biggrin.gif


 

Indeed. I am very ignorant with woodworks, but it is first time to see zebra wood being almost white... or maybe it is light issue when they took picture.

 

 

I am more interested in their speakers tho.

post #18 of 9011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icenine2 View Post

LCD2 rev2


The jacks themselves are not angled in the LCD-2. The entry point is moved up the cup edge so they don't stick straight down, but the jack itself is still going straight out. Combine that with the fact that the offset angle is relatively low, and the mount + cable together stick down quite a ways. The LCD-3's jacks, however, are going out at around a 45 degree angle which should significantly reduce how far the cable's strain relief pokes down.

 

post #19 of 9011
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwmclean View Post

^^ wouldn't the LCD3 replace the LCD2?


Why?  It's possible to have more than one headphone model in a product line.

We'll have to wait for pricing.  It could be that the price of the LCD3 could make the LCD2 seem a bargain and want the LCD2 to stay around.

post #20 of 9011
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachu View Post

..i want to know more about the Audeze Ether line arrays..

 

as for the LCD-3 *meh*..and the Reality-1 *double meh*



Indeedy.  A 7 foot line array speaker with Audeze drivers could be wow!!  Line arrays can be neat, though can require a big room to let them work right.

 

They've been very busy in the secret laboratory.  :)

post #21 of 9011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ham Sandwich View Post

Why?  It's possible to have more than one headphone model in a product line.

We'll have to wait for pricing.  It could be that the price of the LCD3 could make the LCD2 seem a bargain and want the LCD2 to stay around.



Given their wording of "no compromises" and such, I'd be surprised if the LCD-3 don't make the LCD-2's look like a bargain. In the very least we're probably looking at an additional 30%.

post #22 of 9011

Pure speculation here, but I say look at $2k price point.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwisatz View Post

Given their wording of "no compromises" and such, I'd be surprised if the LCD-3 don't make the LCD-2's look like a bargain. In the very least we're probably looking at an additional 30%.



 

post #23 of 9011

This hobby really makes me regret choosing to become a teacher. New headphones are coming so fast these days. I envy you guys who can afford to buy those and food at the same time. 

post #24 of 9011
Thread Starter 

I think they are using metal XLR's on the phone so they won't snap expensive wood.  Makes more sense to me in case you banged the cable end into something w/leverage = broken/cracked wood.  Then they'd have to go out and kill another Zebra!biggrin.gif

post #25 of 9011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwilson View Post

Pure speculation here, but I say look at $2k price point. 

 



It certainly wouldn't surprise me if that ends up being the case, but I hope it's $1500 or less. Not that I have any plans of upgrading right now anyhow, but $2K would put them squarely in the "probably never" category for me.

post #26 of 9011

Good thing I'm in the middle of selling my Stax gear, so I can afford the LCD-3 when it comes out. :D

post #27 of 9011
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnmnkh View Post

Not sure if I like the color of the wood....

 

 



Audez'e use the old "turn up the contrast and brightness to make a white background" trick on a lot of their photos (I'm guessing the ones they do in house rather than get a pro in for) so I wouldn't worry about what colour the wood appears to be here as it's likely unrealistic. I wouldn't like the colour wood on some of their photos of the LCD-2 but in real life they look great.

post #28 of 9011

I wonder what merits it being called LCD-3 instead of LCD-2 rev.3. Is it that much of a departure from the LCD-2? I was really hoping for a completely new design. We'll have to see I guess.


Edited by SemiAudiophile - 10/13/11 at 2:11pm
post #29 of 9011
Quote:
Originally Posted by SemiAudiophile View Post

I wonder what merits it being called LCD-3 instead of LCD-2 rev.3. Is it that much of a departure from the LCD-2? I was really hoping for a completely new design. We'll have to see I guess.



New driver diaphragm, so it's probably an entirely new trace pattern, etc. How much of a difference does there really need to be to get a new model number? Just look at the HD 580/600/650s...

post #30 of 9011

As important as sound is, I think they should start focusing their attention towards ergonomics as well. I've never really had problems before, but after having owning them for a while, the weight and just the feel of it on my head does bother me quite a bit. Ergonomics is just as important as sound quality imo.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › New Audeze LCD3