The good news is you don't see it when you're wearing them.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 11/12/13 at 5:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 or LCD2 - questions about long-term comfort and longevity Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:23pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
I built my first ever PC with this sound card, I had already brought a Asus board that has SupremeFX and well the ZxR dethroned the Asus immediately. I have not heard any of the Asus Xonar PCIe...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 2post #16 of 944310/13/11 at 1:32pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 944310/13/11 at 1:36pmQuote:
Indeed. I am very ignorant with woodworks, but it is first time to see zebra wood being almost white... or maybe it is light issue when they took picture.
I am more interested in their speakers tho.post #18 of 944310/13/11 at 1:36pm
The jacks themselves are not angled in the LCD-2. The entry point is moved up the cup edge so they don't stick straight down, but the jack itself is still going straight out. Combine that with the fact that the offset angle is relatively low, and the mount + cable together stick down quite a ways. The LCD-3's jacks, however, are going out at around a 45 degree angle which should significantly reduce how far the cable's strain relief pokes down.post #19 of 944310/13/11 at 1:38pm
Why? It's possible to have more than one headphone model in a product line.
We'll have to wait for pricing. It could be that the price of the LCD3 could make the LCD2 seem a bargain and want the LCD2 to stay around.post #20 of 944310/13/11 at 1:44pmQuote:
Indeedy. A 7 foot line array speaker with Audeze drivers could be wow!! Line arrays can be neat, though can require a big room to let them work right.
They've been very busy in the secret laboratory. :)post #21 of 944310/13/11 at 1:44pmQuote:
Given their wording of "no compromises" and such, I'd be surprised if the LCD-3 don't make the LCD-2's look like a bargain. In the very least we're probably looking at an additional 30%.post #22 of 944310/13/11 at 1:50pm
Pure speculation here, but I say look at $2k price point.
Quote:post #23 of 944310/13/11 at 1:54pmpost #24 of 944310/13/11 at 2:00pmThread Starter
I think they are using metal XLR's on the phone so they won't snap expensive wood. Makes more sense to me in case you banged the cable end into something w/leverage = broken/cracked wood. Then they'd have to go out and kill another Zebra!post #25 of 944310/13/11 at 2:01pm
It certainly wouldn't surprise me if that ends up being the case, but I hope it's $1500 or less. Not that I have any plans of upgrading right now anyhow, but $2K would put them squarely in the "probably never" category for me.post #26 of 944310/13/11 at 2:07pmpost #27 of 944310/13/11 at 2:08pm
Audez'e use the old "turn up the contrast and brightness to make a white background" trick on a lot of their photos (I'm guessing the ones they do in house rather than get a pro in for) so I wouldn't worry about what colour the wood appears to be here as it's likely unrealistic. I wouldn't like the colour wood on some of their photos of the LCD-2 but in real life they look great.post #28 of 944310/13/11 at 2:10pm
I wonder what merits it being called LCD-3 instead of LCD-2 rev.3. Is it that much of a departure from the LCD-2? I was really hoping for a completely new design. We'll have to see I guess.
Edited by SemiAudiophile - 10/13/11 at 2:11pmpost #29 of 944310/13/11 at 2:15pmQuote:
New driver diaphragm, so it's probably an entirely new trace pattern, etc. How much of a difference does there really need to be to get a new model number? Just look at the HD 580/600/650s...post #30 of 944310/13/11 at 2:23pm
As important as sound is, I think they should start focusing their attention towards ergonomics as well. I've never really had problems before, but after having owning them for a while, the weight and just the feel of it on my head does bother me quite a bit. Ergonomics is just as important as sound quality imo.
- New Audeze LCD3
- Headphone Impedance
- › Andy Regan Appointed President of Jerry Harvey Audio! 19 seconds ago
- › Comparison / Review : Beyerdynamic’s Siblings – The Classic DT880... 29 seconds ago
- › Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review 1 minute ago
- › Replacement Pads for Audio Technica ATH-M50S Questions 1 minute ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Stock FW ver 2.1.0 (Latest... 2 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 4 minutes ago
- › Bose Sues Beats for Patent Infringement 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)