The good news is you don't see it when you're wearing them.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphone for me?!!? Last post on 12/28/13 at 9:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Second Headphones Advise Please!! Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Website to buy headphones? Last post on 3/22/13 at 12:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 6/29/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Audiosense is a new headphone brand in China which surprisingly produces many qualities headphones. The model V2mix4 comes from 4 drivers which are the combination of dynamic drivers and balanced...
Microsoft Lumia 435 Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/773374/microsoft-lumia-435-review-by-mark2410 Brief: An insanely cheap wonder device. Price: £30 payg or...
Sorry for my bad English and short impressions. Z7s highs are roll offed. Z7 sounds fatigue free for long listening session. Comfortability is also very good. Z7 sounds analog-ish. when you...
Introduction: CustomArt is a relatively new custom IEM company that has very quickly grew into one of the big names in business. Hailing from Poland, the company has a well-respected line of...
I made a video review of the dt770 80ohm quite sometime ago and was finally finished it. I got them on sale at Guitar Center for $179.99 , the deal was better than anywhere on the web so I...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 2post #16 of 1057310/13/11 at 1:32pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1057310/13/11 at 1:36pmQuote:
Indeed. I am very ignorant with woodworks, but it is first time to see zebra wood being almost white... or maybe it is light issue when they took picture.
I am more interested in their speakers tho.post #18 of 1057310/13/11 at 1:36pm
The jacks themselves are not angled in the LCD-2. The entry point is moved up the cup edge so they don't stick straight down, but the jack itself is still going straight out. Combine that with the fact that the offset angle is relatively low, and the mount + cable together stick down quite a ways. The LCD-3's jacks, however, are going out at around a 45 degree angle which should significantly reduce how far the cable's strain relief pokes down.post #19 of 1057310/13/11 at 1:38pm
Why? It's possible to have more than one headphone model in a product line.
We'll have to wait for pricing. It could be that the price of the LCD3 could make the LCD2 seem a bargain and want the LCD2 to stay around.post #20 of 1057310/13/11 at 1:44pmQuote:
Indeedy. A 7 foot line array speaker with Audeze drivers could be wow!! Line arrays can be neat, though can require a big room to let them work right.
They've been very busy in the secret laboratory. :)post #21 of 1057310/13/11 at 1:44pmQuote:
Given their wording of "no compromises" and such, I'd be surprised if the LCD-3 don't make the LCD-2's look like a bargain. In the very least we're probably looking at an additional 30%.post #22 of 1057310/13/11 at 1:50pm
Pure speculation here, but I say look at $2k price point.
Quote:post #23 of 1057310/13/11 at 1:54pmpost #24 of 1057310/13/11 at 2:00pmThread Starter
I think they are using metal XLR's on the phone so they won't snap expensive wood. Makes more sense to me in case you banged the cable end into something w/leverage = broken/cracked wood. Then they'd have to go out and kill another Zebra!post #25 of 1057310/13/11 at 2:01pm
It certainly wouldn't surprise me if that ends up being the case, but I hope it's $1500 or less. Not that I have any plans of upgrading right now anyhow, but $2K would put them squarely in the "probably never" category for me.post #26 of 1057310/13/11 at 2:07pmpost #27 of 1057310/13/11 at 2:08pm
Audez'e use the old "turn up the contrast and brightness to make a white background" trick on a lot of their photos (I'm guessing the ones they do in house rather than get a pro in for) so I wouldn't worry about what colour the wood appears to be here as it's likely unrealistic. I wouldn't like the colour wood on some of their photos of the LCD-2 but in real life they look great.post #28 of 1057310/13/11 at 2:10pm
I wonder what merits it being called LCD-3 instead of LCD-2 rev.3. Is it that much of a departure from the LCD-2? I was really hoping for a completely new design. We'll have to see I guess.
Edited by SemiAudiophile - 10/13/11 at 2:11pmpost #29 of 1057310/13/11 at 2:15pmQuote:
New driver diaphragm, so it's probably an entirely new trace pattern, etc. How much of a difference does there really need to be to get a new model number? Just look at the HD 580/600/650s...post #30 of 1057310/13/11 at 2:23pm
As important as sound is, I think they should start focusing their attention towards ergonomics as well. I've never really had problems before, but after having owning them for a while, the weight and just the feel of it on my head does bother me quite a bit. Ergonomics is just as important as sound quality imo.
- New Audeze LCD3
- Headphone Impedance
- › cables are placebo 5 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 14 seconds ago
- › Happy To Discover This Site 35 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 54 seconds ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 1 minute ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 25th, 2015) 2 minutes ago
- › A Comparison of different Virtual Surround Sound on the same Audio... 2 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 4 minutes ago
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by speedsters
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by maikuirock
- › Superlux HD-668 B by ingenero
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by cloud_c
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)