The good news is you don't see it when you're wearing them.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 2/2/13 at 4:33pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 5/19/13 at 2:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 or LCD2 - questions about long-term comfort and longevity Last post on 11/24/12 at 1:23pm in High-end Audio Forum
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)
Edited on 12/28/12
- Grado Modification OverviewEdited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
These are my first pair of cans and straight out of the package they look pretty amazing. When I first put them on I thoroughly enjoyed what i heard. Works well for bluesy songs and there is an...
Overview: The Beats Pro is the Beats' top-of-the-line model, with a lofty price tag of $400. However, its price, along with Beats' reputation with being a hated-on brand, hides the fact that...
The full review can be seen http://www.head-fi.org/t/634760/resonessence-labs-concero-discussion-review-thead/630#post_9465130
Reposting my original review from Amazon.com - these headphones are just too good to be left in the dustbin of history - for instance, I just bought a pair of Monoprice MEP-933, listed everywhere...
Somehow, the Ballad of Jed Clampett comes to mind, as I start to write this. You know, the Beverly Hillbillies. He was living his life, struck gold, and everything changed. That's kind of what...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 2post #16 of 734510/13/11 at 1:32pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
post #17 of 734510/13/11 at 1:36pmQuote:
- Pros:“Excellent allrounder with no glaring weakness”“Amazing frequency balance, Supreme bass body without being bloated, Looks pretty as hell!”
- Pros:“Neutrality, Clarity, Resolution, Build like a rock, Handsome”“Fantastic balanced sound, well built, simple design, balanced output, small size and very cheap for what you get.”
- Pros:“Natural, Fast, tonally rich, deep bass, seductive mids”“Tonal balance, low level listening, resolution, low distortion, Bass, godlike midrange”
Indeed. I am very ignorant with woodworks, but it is first time to see zebra wood being almost white... or maybe it is light issue when they took picture.
I am more interested in their speakers tho.post #18 of 734510/13/11 at 1:36pm
The jacks themselves are not angled in the LCD-2. The entry point is moved up the cup edge so they don't stick straight down, but the jack itself is still going straight out. Combine that with the fact that the offset angle is relatively low, and the mount + cable together stick down quite a ways. The LCD-3's jacks, however, are going out at around a 45 degree angle which should significantly reduce how far the cable's strain relief pokes down.post #19 of 734510/13/11 at 1:38pm
Why? It's possible to have more than one headphone model in a product line.
We'll have to wait for pricing. It could be that the price of the LCD3 could make the LCD2 seem a bargain and want the LCD2 to stay around.post #20 of 734510/13/11 at 1:44pmQuote:
Indeedy. A 7 foot line array speaker with Audeze drivers could be wow!! Line arrays can be neat, though can require a big room to let them work right.
They've been very busy in the secret laboratory. :)post #21 of 734510/13/11 at 1:44pmQuote:
Given their wording of "no compromises" and such, I'd be surprised if the LCD-3 don't make the LCD-2's look like a bargain. In the very least we're probably looking at an additional 30%.post #22 of 734510/13/11 at 1:50pm
Pure speculation here, but I say look at $2k price point.
Quote:post #23 of 734510/13/11 at 1:54pmpost #24 of 734510/13/11 at 2:00pmThread Starter
I think they are using metal XLR's on the phone so they won't snap expensive wood. Makes more sense to me in case you banged the cable end into something w/leverage = broken/cracked wood. Then they'd have to go out and kill another Zebra!post #25 of 734510/13/11 at 2:01pm
It certainly wouldn't surprise me if that ends up being the case, but I hope it's $1500 or less. Not that I have any plans of upgrading right now anyhow, but $2K would put them squarely in the "probably never" category for me.post #26 of 734510/13/11 at 2:07pmpost #27 of 734510/13/11 at 2:08pm
Audez'e use the old "turn up the contrast and brightness to make a white background" trick on a lot of their photos (I'm guessing the ones they do in house rather than get a pro in for) so I wouldn't worry about what colour the wood appears to be here as it's likely unrealistic. I wouldn't like the colour wood on some of their photos of the LCD-2 but in real life they look great.post #28 of 734510/13/11 at 2:10pm
I wonder what merits it being called LCD-3 instead of LCD-2 rev.3. Is it that much of a departure from the LCD-2? I was really hoping for a completely new design. We'll have to see I guess.
Edited by SemiAudiophile - 10/13/11 at 2:11pmpost #29 of 734510/13/11 at 2:15pmQuote:
New driver diaphragm, so it's probably an entirely new trace pattern, etc. How much of a difference does there really need to be to get a new model number? Just look at the HD 580/600/650s...post #30 of 734510/13/11 at 2:23pm
As important as sound is, I think they should start focusing their attention towards ergonomics as well. I've never really had problems before, but after having owning them for a while, the weight and just the feel of it on my head does bother me quite a bit. Ergonomics is just as important as sound quality imo.
- New Audeze LCD3
- Grado Modification Overview
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › My friend wants to sell me HD650 Sennheisers for 150 dollars... I... 2 minutes ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 3 minutes ago
- › I have stopped using headphones, switched to Speakers and Sub-woofer. 3 minutes ago
- › $15 to $75 3 minutes ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X3 Thread. Full review:... 8 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions,... 8 minutes ago
- › How do you carry around expensive IEMs with you? 10 minutes ago
- › AKG K701 vs. Audio Technica ATH-W5000 vs. Ultimate Ears Triple.fi... 10 minutes ago
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by shdl83
- › Beats Pro (High Performance Professional Headphones From... by thatBeatsguy
- › Resonessence Labs Concero by planx
- › Philips in-Ear Headphones Crystal Sound SHE9620/28 (Rose Gold) by DozerCSX
- › Sony MDR-NC40 Noise Canceling Headphone (Black) by UmustBKidn
- › Sennheiser Momentum by iSennheiser
- › [Apollo] IEM Upgrade Cable by Effect Audio by ClieOS
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40FS Precision StudioPhones by UmustBKidn
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by julian67
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by GSARider
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe