The good news is you don't see it when you're wearing them.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphone for me?!!? Last post on 12/28/13 at 9:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Second Headphones Advise Please!! Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Website to buy headphones? Last post on 3/22/13 at 12:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 7/28/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 2post #16 of 1060410/13/11 at 1:32pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1060410/13/11 at 1:36pmQuote:
Indeed. I am very ignorant with woodworks, but it is first time to see zebra wood being almost white... or maybe it is light issue when they took picture.
I am more interested in their speakers tho.post #18 of 1060410/13/11 at 1:36pm
The jacks themselves are not angled in the LCD-2. The entry point is moved up the cup edge so they don't stick straight down, but the jack itself is still going straight out. Combine that with the fact that the offset angle is relatively low, and the mount + cable together stick down quite a ways. The LCD-3's jacks, however, are going out at around a 45 degree angle which should significantly reduce how far the cable's strain relief pokes down.post #19 of 1060410/13/11 at 1:38pm
Why? It's possible to have more than one headphone model in a product line.
We'll have to wait for pricing. It could be that the price of the LCD3 could make the LCD2 seem a bargain and want the LCD2 to stay around.post #20 of 1060410/13/11 at 1:44pmQuote:
Indeedy. A 7 foot line array speaker with Audeze drivers could be wow!! Line arrays can be neat, though can require a big room to let them work right.
They've been very busy in the secret laboratory. :)post #21 of 1060410/13/11 at 1:44pmQuote:
Given their wording of "no compromises" and such, I'd be surprised if the LCD-3 don't make the LCD-2's look like a bargain. In the very least we're probably looking at an additional 30%.post #22 of 1060410/13/11 at 1:50pm
Pure speculation here, but I say look at $2k price point.
Quote:post #23 of 1060410/13/11 at 1:54pmpost #24 of 1060410/13/11 at 2:00pmThread Starter
I think they are using metal XLR's on the phone so they won't snap expensive wood. Makes more sense to me in case you banged the cable end into something w/leverage = broken/cracked wood. Then they'd have to go out and kill another Zebra!post #25 of 1060410/13/11 at 2:01pm
It certainly wouldn't surprise me if that ends up being the case, but I hope it's $1500 or less. Not that I have any plans of upgrading right now anyhow, but $2K would put them squarely in the "probably never" category for me.post #26 of 1060410/13/11 at 2:07pmpost #27 of 1060410/13/11 at 2:08pm
Audez'e use the old "turn up the contrast and brightness to make a white background" trick on a lot of their photos (I'm guessing the ones they do in house rather than get a pro in for) so I wouldn't worry about what colour the wood appears to be here as it's likely unrealistic. I wouldn't like the colour wood on some of their photos of the LCD-2 but in real life they look great.post #28 of 1060410/13/11 at 2:10pm
I wonder what merits it being called LCD-3 instead of LCD-2 rev.3. Is it that much of a departure from the LCD-2? I was really hoping for a completely new design. We'll have to see I guess.
Edited by SemiAudiophile - 10/13/11 at 2:11pmpost #29 of 1060410/13/11 at 2:15pmQuote:
New driver diaphragm, so it's probably an entirely new trace pattern, etc. How much of a difference does there really need to be to get a new model number? Just look at the HD 580/600/650s...post #30 of 1060410/13/11 at 2:23pm
As important as sound is, I think they should start focusing their attention towards ergonomics as well. I've never really had problems before, but after having owning them for a while, the weight and just the feel of it on my head does bother me quite a bit. Ergonomics is just as important as sound quality imo.
- New Audeze LCD3
- Headphone Impedance
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 38 seconds ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 43 seconds ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 2nd Edition 1 minute ago
- › Looking for new earbuds! $80 - $125 1 minute ago
- › WTB - Sony ZX1 or equivalent 2 minutes ago
- › Post a picture of your Headphone Rig. 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier 4 minutes ago
- › How much can I sell it for ? Denon D2000 Fiio e7 +e9 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › Bluetooth receiver dual amplifier class1 NFC (black) [Japan Import] by peter123
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by Mediahound
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by Mediahound
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by Mediahound
- › Audeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphone by Mediahound
- › beyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphones by Meirelles
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 by MacedonianHero
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Mediahound
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3