Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › New Audeze LCD3
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Audeze LCD3 - Page 8

post #106 of 9391
Quote:
Originally Posted by SemiAudiophile View Post

 Ergonomics is just as important as sound quality imo.



This is what I agree the most.

post #107 of 9391

It's a shame we were all evicted from the other thread. It was an absolute riot in there. Anyway, pitching a tent right here for the forthcoming impressions.

post #108 of 9391

The riot will continue until at least the 12th of November when someone finally sits down in a quiet space

and auditions this thing.

 

Unless Audeze allow a pair to escape before the 11.11.11

post #109 of 9391
Quote:
Originally Posted by olor1n View Post

It's a shame we were all evicted from the other thread. It was an absolute riot in there. Anyway, pitching a tent right here for the forthcoming impressions.


It did get a little weird there. I wonder how many of those people protesting the price were also protesting on Wall Street? tongue.gif

 

I'm with Purrin on the price...just doesn't sit right with me as well. But I'm not going to try to organize a protest...if I think they're too much, I won't buy them. No one is forcing me to drop $2k for them....(says the guy with the Ed. 8LEs). It's Audez'e's prerogative to set the pricing as they see fit. There should be (ideally) no correlation between pricing and costing. Pricing should be set to what the market will bare. If the market won't bare it, then they won't sell...simple as that.

 

The last thing we need are price and wage controls (failed miserably here in Canada in the 1970s when our socialist Prime Minister unsuccessfully tried it).

 

My LCD-2 Rev. 2 still sounds phenomenal regardless of the LCD-3 release...I'm sure Audeze will be selling both moving forward. Kinda stupid to only sell a $2000 headphone. Next up, they likely should look at headphones in the $500ish price range.

 

Looking forward to the impressions at RMAF and the subsequent measurements by Tyll and Purrin.

 

post #110 of 9391

I'll be pitching my tent here as well. 

 

Really looking forward to those measurements as well. I've come to appreciate numbers more and more lately. Either way...I do feel betrayed for getting my Rev. 2 less than a week ago and then this pops up...but I can't complain too much I guess simply because they're double the price.

 


Still wish I had the option to return my Rev. 2 without a restocking fee...You know...if I felt so inclined to sell a kidney. rolleyes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post




It did get a little weird there. I wonder how many of those people protesting the price were also protesting on Wall Street? tongue.gif

 

I'm with Purrin on the price...just doesn't sit right with me as well. But I'm not going to try to organize a protest...if I think they're too much, I won't buy them. No one is forcing me to drop $2k for them....(says the guy with the Ed. 8LEs). It's Audez'e's prerogative to set the pricing as they see fit. There should be (ideally) no correlation between pricing and costing. Pricing should be set to what the market will bare. If the market won't bare it, then they won't sell...simple as that.

 

The last thing we need are price and wage controls (failed miserably here in Canada in the 1970s when our socialist Prime Minister unsuccessfully tried it).

 

My LCD-2 Rev. 2 still sounds phenomenal regardless of the LCD-3 release...I'm sure Audeze will be selling both moving forward. Kinda stupid to only sell a $2000 headphone. Next up, they likely should look at headphones in the $500ish price range.

 

Looking forward to the impressions at RMAF and the subsequent measurements by Tyll and Purrin.

 



 

 

post #111 of 9391

Dudes I can't wait!!! I am so excited now!!! Really looking forward to some impressions. Gawd this has been a crazy year. First the ED10 which got me into all these - I was strictly an IEM guy before that. Then in pursuit of an amp that tames the treble of that awkward headphone I bought the Leben amp (the very top amp on Skylab's list). Then I bought source, the Esoteric D-07 DAC. Then LCD-2 and T5p. Then upgraded my source to K-01. And then with the help of Arnaud, an esteemed head-fi member, I got my SR-009 shipped directly from Japan. Then I explored my portable rig all over again, and there is now SR71A, SR71B, Meier Stepdance (with Energizer pack to make it 15V regulated), CLAS and Fostex HP-P1 sitting in my office, all in hope to perfect the sound of the LCD2 through strictly portable stuff.

 

And then I think I am finally settled as I have got the best of both worlds in that I use my Esoteric K-01 for my SR009, and several combinations of the best portable gear available in my office for the LCD2 - the only thing missing is probably the BHSE but I am still in hope that Stax will make a better amp for the 009 to save me the wait time. Yes I really thought I was settled for 2011.                          

 

Just when I was enjoying the LCD-2 with the CLAS and SR71B combo in my office during lunch hour, I surfed on the web.  And here comes the LCD-3... What a year.

 

 


Edited by googleli - 10/14/11 at 7:04am
post #112 of 9391

Yeah, I'm really excited about this.  Have been getting bored of head-fi lately, but this news has me all worked up since I discovered the existence of the original LCD2s last year.  Waiting for impressions, and if they do seem genuinely positive, will definitely liquidate evry other headphone other than the original R1 LCD2s, just so I can make sure for myself that the difference is identified and that difference is an upgrade and not a sidegrade.

post #113 of 9391
Thread Starter 

It will only be hours before we get some feedback.  Really good for us is that listeners like Skylab, Jude, and other really know of what they speak.  I fully expected Audeze to come up with a headphone like the 3 (maybe not this soon though)   since there seems to be more interest than ever in Electrostatic phones gauging by the Stax and electrostatic amp threads at Head-Fi.  Clearly the High-end Head-Fi'ers are looking for more and willing to spend as well.  Audeze must be pretty confident in the 3 being a game-changer-jaw-dropper otherwise I think we'd be waiting a while longer for their flagship.

post #114 of 9391

Again, I expected a $2k price point, and am very curious as to what it will sound like. I'll order one as soon as they open up the process. The only drawback is that zebra wood; I don't care too much for it.

post #115 of 9391
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwilson View Post

Again, I expected a $2k price point, and am very curious as to what it will sound like. I'll order one as soon as they open up the process. The only drawback is that zebra wood; I don't care too much for it.



How much are these expected to sell for?

post #116 of 9391
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Sup View Post

How much are these expected to sell for?



The price was announced on the Audez'e website for $1,945.00

post #117 of 9391

I guess it's matter of taste, I find it gorgeous.

 

I was hoping for a re-design that would be lighter and more comfortable but apparently it's not going to happen, also I hope they will provide a better stock cable, always found the LCD-2 cable to be a bit cheap for a 1k$ headphones.

 

Anyway I will buy the LCD-3 so I can make my own opinion and not read it from here, the hype will be so big that selling them with little loss will be easy.

post #118 of 9391
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0gwai View Post

I guess it's matter of taste, I find it gorgeous.

 

I was hoping for a re-design that would be lighter and more comfortable but apparently it's not going to happen, also I hope they will provide a better stock cable, always found the LCD-2 cable to be a bit cheap for a 1k$ headphones.

 

Anyway I will buy the LCD-3 so I can make my own opinion and not read it from here, the hype will be so big that selling them with little loss will be easy.



Yeah, I thought they looked amazingly retro and stuff in pictures.  When I got them for real, they were seriously the ugliest things ever to be called a headphone, they look horrendous sitting on the head.  That new chrome looking connector mount, is also the ugliest headphone connector I have ever seen.

 

I am not joking, the looks that only a mother could love.

post #119 of 9391
post #120 of 9391
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMF2010 View Post

The price was announced on the Audez'e website for $1,945.00



Thanks for info. I'm unsubscribing.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › New Audeze LCD3