Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ATH-W1000x Modded Re-cabled | Purrin's Mod | L3000 Pads Last post on 12/3/13 at 3:11pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Headphones for college dorm Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help getting new headphones. =) Last post on 10/17/12 at 1:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- NEW: Audio-Technica ATH-ESW11LTD Last post on 3/20/14 at 6:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for very good audiophile CLOSED "non leaking" headphone Last post on 9/17/12 at 5:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
New Flagship from Audio-Technica: ATH-W3000ANV, 50th Anniversary Headphones - Page 9post #121 of 359711/17/11 at 4:59am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 359711/17/11 at 5:08amQuote:
Oh just plug them into your laptop and see if it's bass light or not lol..
P.S If I was the luggage checker at the aiport, you'll never see them again...post #123 of 359711/17/11 at 5:46ampost #124 of 359711/17/11 at 6:01ampost #125 of 359711/17/11 at 9:06ampost #126 of 359711/17/11 at 9:28amThread Starterpost #127 of 359711/17/11 at 11:21ampost #128 of 359711/17/11 at 11:56am
Looks like mine will be arriving next week, probably around Thanksgiving time.
I'll probably end up buying a flight case or briefcase and transplant the velvet lining into it. That's what my W100 use, and it works pretty well.post #129 of 359711/17/11 at 12:16pmQuote:
Oh believe me I wish I could have. I woke up this morning and they are just taunting me. I have a Meier Audio Stepdance portable amp with me, which would probably do fine, but I have no 1/4" - 1/8" adapter, and they do not come with one :(
So for now I can only look, so I will torture you all along with me...post #130 of 359711/17/11 at 12:36pm
Man, those look really nice. I might have to sacrifice a few nights on the couch for these. But I guess I will to continue to "try" to wait until the honeymoon period is over. But if initial impressions are consistent(unlike the lcd-3's) I might have to pull the trigger.post #131 of 359711/17/11 at 1:16pmpost #132 of 359711/17/11 at 1:21pmpost #133 of 359711/17/11 at 2:05pm
Can't wait to hear your impressions Skylab! Hopefully they sound as sexy as they look.
From your older posts I believe you and A-T headphones don't always get along, but I think you liked the W1000X.post #134 of 359711/17/11 at 2:09pm
Right - the W5000 and the original W1000 I found to be too bass light, but the W1000X I liked a LOT. So I am hoping this one has a little more bass weight like the 1000X did over the original 1000.
It's killing me that i cannot listen to them!post #135 of 359711/17/11 at 2:13pm
They look fantastic! I just recieved confirmation through my distributor that mine are confirmed and reserved from the european stock. The release here is actually after new year but he hinted that christmas might come early for some so I'm keeping my thumbs crossed :)
This thread is locked
- New Flagship from Audio-Technica: ATH-W3000ANV, 50th Anniversary Headphones
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Hifiman HE400 @ $299 versus HE500 @ $599 6 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 1 minute ago
- › Binaural suggestions? 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro 3 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob