Hey Raines. Long time no talk. How are you mate? :D Seems that we have the same amp, uh? Fabulous, simply fabulous.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/26/12
- brandJDS Labstagged by System, 5/26/12
- productJDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/26/12
- productJDS Labs c421 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/26/12
- productJDS Labs CMoyBBtagged by System, 5/26/12
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 5/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- [Impression] JDS Labs C421 (OPA2227 vs. AD8620) featuring cmoyBB, O2, T5 and UHA-4. Last post on 6/16/14 at 5:28am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sennheiser HD25-1 II Last post on 8/22/12 at 12:32pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Need a good portable amp for my HD 650's Last post on 7/26/12 at 9:28pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable amp for HD 650 Last post on 7/14/12 at 6:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Portable amp for AKG 701 Quincy Adams: Last post on 6/15/12 at 12:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
This is a report about a new IEM from Brainwavz. The B100 Specifications: Drivers : Single Balanced Armature Rated Impedance : 50 Ω Frequency Range : 15 Hz ~ 22...
A little bit about me: So I am Neil. a normal music loving lad who works here in Japan. I commute everyday, and I am always searching for the best value for my music needs. I currently use the...
I tested these headphones and was not very impressed with them. The price was very high for a used pair of headphones and it did not seem to compete well with other brands at lower price points....
[[SPOILER]] Disclaimer: The CL1 were provided to me as a part of the North American Review Tour by RHA. I have been given 10 days to listen to and then write a review where I will pass them along...
SPECS: No written spec was found for the UMI-BTA9 WHERE TO BUY / COST: http://amzn.to/2h6jhkA $69.99 new ( often heavily discounted down to $25 or less ) OVERVIEW Happy...
JDSLabs C421 Preorder is live... - Page 34post #496 of 6927/11/12 at 10:54pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #497 of 6927/12/12 at 6:29ampost #498 of 6927/12/12 at 6:41amQuote:
It's called O2 with ODAC.post #499 of 6927/12/12 at 8:52ampost #500 of 6927/12/12 at 9:19amQuote:
The talk of a larger O2 or (desktop sized) amp has been going around for quite a bit of time. When we'll see NWAudioGuy produce these is anyone's guess. However, since the ODAC has been launched, I'm assuming that time and focus now might be able to be applied to that other amp size.post #501 of 6927/12/12 at 4:50pmQuote:
hey my friend:D:D:D
here we go again in audio journey:D
C-421 2227? wonderful!!! much better than the cmoyBB:D
not waiting for denon 5000:Dpost #502 of 6927/13/12 at 4:46pmpost #503 of 6927/17/12 at 7:11am
Has anone tried the laser machine of JDSLABS Engraver yet? I think it is really beautiful and awesome. Oh by the way, JDSLABS said that it is free, just order when you buy new ones from JDSLABS. I am thinking what logo or picture on my C421 in the near future.
Edited by LoveKnight - 7/17/12 at 7:23ampost #504 of 6927/17/12 at 7:43ampost #505 of 6927/17/12 at 8:36ampost #506 of 6927/17/12 at 8:52ampost #507 of 6927/17/12 at 12:23pm
If yo mean in a bad way - nope. The sound is clean, impactful, and the dynamics full when listening with my Grado or Yuin PK1. It's an impressive amp. I tried the OP2227 and was impessive, but like others, I prefer the AD8620. Either one will provide the current for 32ohm headphones.post #508 of 6927/17/12 at 1:39pmpost #509 of 6927/17/12 at 3:23pmQuote:
Yeah I believe John replied that the output impedance is a result of extra ferrites (IIRC) that were added just before the output to help minimize/prevent electrical interference (cell phones, etc). I've yet to run into any issue, though my cans are 70ohm so not as far off the rule you mentioned. John also mentioned that you could request him not to add the ferrites on a custom build if you were concerned about the output impedance.post #510 of 6927/17/12 at 6:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by alphaphoenix
If yo mean in a bad way - nope. The sound is clean, impactful, and the dynamics full when listening with my Grado or Yuin PK1. It's an impressive amp. I tried the OP2227 and was impessive, but like others, I prefer the AD8620. Either one will provide the current for 32ohm headphones.
What do you prefer exactly on the AD8620?
- JDSLabs C421 Preorder is live...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 18 seconds ago
- › Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing) 1 minute ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 3 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 3 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by Dsnuts
- › Audeze iSine 10 by neilmanalo
- › Stax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeaker by audiophilehe400
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Delance26
- › UMIDIGI BTA9 Sports IEM by NA Blur
- › RHA CL750 by Jackpot77
- › MEE audio - MMCX SILVER-PLATED CABLE by Zelda
- › Skullcandy Crusher Wireless Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphone with Mic -... by fusiondragon
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by mokler
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by mokler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear