I've been using an Earsonics SM3 for a year now and I am very happy with it. A firend of mine is to go into the IEM world with a budget of about 100 $ (130 $ max). He uses a 6th Gen Ipod Classic (un-rockboxable, so no EQ, just crappy presets). We need to get him neutral IEMs. I've used his Ipod with my SM3 and I've seen they don't get along well: SM3 is a bit bassy to use with them; that is without EQ.
So I need reccommendations for an IEM that
- provides good isolation (this is his priority)
- needs no amp to sound good
- is Comfortable
- is fairly neutral and transparent, has detailed highs and balanced low end (neither bassy, nor anemic)
- has Good instrumental separation and wide soundstage
- is firmly built
- has no microphonics (suitable for mostly mobile usage)
I know all of these qualities are hard to find in an IEM at this price range, but I would like to be able to catch the closest IEM to the described ideal. So I resort to your recommendations.
I have to mention that Phonak PFE, Clipsch Custom 3, Clipsch Image S4 and RE0 are on my shortlist only because I can purchase them here in Turkey, even though I am not sure if they would fit the above description. But purchasing from abroad is also an option. So apart from your recommendations targeting the description above, if you comment on these models also, I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks in advance...