Hey guys, first post here. I'm not really well versed in headphones, so I'm having trouble choosing a budget headphone setup for use at work. I was hoping that someone could steer me in the right direction.
The criteria I would like to meet are as follows:
1) 75 bucks or less (may stretch this a little is it's REALLY worth it)
2) There people that sit 7 feet away from me, and I don't want to disturb them at normal listening volumes
3) Primarily used for music, specifically blues, jazz, bluegrass, and some rock using programs like Pandora, Spotify, etc. Also may see some MP3's via ipod listening on occasion.
4) I bias slightly towards enhanced treble(versus enhanced bass) since my hearing is very slightly deficient in the treble region, although this isn't a large concern
5) May plug in to my keyboard infrequently to play when people are asleep
Having done some searching around here, it seems that the Samson SR850 and the Panasonic HTF600 are well regarded and in my price range. My fear is that they are "semi-open" and that they will be too loud for my neighbors(I don't have a clear concept of how audible different designs will be to the people around me). I also like the Grado SR60i, however it seems these are fully open and would really annoy my neighbors(although they sure look cool).
In any case, I'm curious if someone could give me a suggestion or two that might fit my criteria. I also would be curious to know how well my neighbors will really be able to hear my music using open, semi open, and closed designs.
Thanks in advance.