I'm looking for good bass headphones under $100. While I'm not a huge basshead, i do listen to electronic and hip hop and rap so I figured that a bassier headphone would suit me more. Of course, I don't want to sacrifice highs and mids just for lots of bass, I would like a good mix. I've been looking at Sennheiser HD438 and the Grado SR60i but anything is fine. Please keep it under $100! Thanks.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 10/12/11
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 10/12/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/12/11
- productKoss PRODJ100tagged by System, 10/12/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 10/12/11
- productShure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 10/12/11
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 10/12/11
Related Forum Threads
- Need help on what to choose. Last post on 9/29/11 at 7:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones with sound like beats. Last post on 7/17/12 at 12:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Fullsize headphone under 200$ Last post on 12/26/12 at 3:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What is the best headphone to listen to Pink Floyd? Last post on 1/12/12 at 4:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I don’t get asked very often about the Private 333 amongst the Fitear customs I own. Nor do you hear people raving about it as you might in respect of the C435, the MH 334 and the MH335DW....
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey and the Brainwavz team for giving me the opportunity to write this review. Please note that I was not paid to write this review, nor am I...
First, the normal boilerplate stuff - Audio setup - FLAC files in Media Monkey -> Amazon Basics TOSLINK cable -> Schiit Bifrost w/Uber upgrade -> Knukoncept Shielded RCAs -> Project Ember...
Best bass headphone under $100post #1 of 5610/11/11 at 5:38pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 5610/11/11 at 5:45pmpost #3 of 5610/11/11 at 5:56pmpost #4 of 5610/11/11 at 6:02pm
Panasonic HTF600. Best bassy headphone per dollar over all in my book. That means better than a XB500 too. It beats it because the bass is similar, yet it has the mids/treble that the XB500 does not have.
Edited by MalVeauX - 10/11/11 at 7:47pmpost #5 of 5610/11/11 at 6:05pmQuote:
I wasn't a believer of the DJ100 until I try them. If you buy from Amazon, you can return it if you don't like it. With the M50 pads it's another beast, trust me.
I consider them my basshead and portable headphones, though they have a very balanced sound, yet powerful bass.
Edited by SLaRe - 10/11/11 at 6:06pmpost #6 of 5610/11/11 at 7:30pmpost #7 of 5610/11/11 at 7:43pmpost #8 of 5610/11/11 at 10:46pmQuote:
Seconding these. I love these tremendously and cannot get enough of them. Great bass and sub bass that you can actually feel with good highs and mids to boot. As a bonus, easy to drive, no amp needed.post #9 of 5610/12/11 at 4:49am
Haven't tried the Panasonic HTF600 but I've only heard good things about it.
With personal experience though, the XB500's are awesome for the price and have bucket loads of bass at your disposal. I picked mine up for $35.post #10 of 5610/12/11 at 5:46ampost #11 of 5610/16/11 at 3:11pm
I would throw the JVC HA M-750 into this category aswell, to be honest I think the bass extends pretty deep and with EQing is a pretty damn good bass budget headphone. I returned my AKG K518 in favour of the JVC HA M750 because bass hit harder and was deeper. It's not very much talked about here on headfi though.post #12 of 5610/16/11 at 3:26pmpost #13 of 5610/16/11 at 3:53pmpost #14 of 5610/16/11 at 4:33pm
Ya so here is the challenge.. All you guys that are suggesting the XB series need to educate yourselves on the HTF600. You know the mids and highs that are non existant on the Xb series without eQ.? Imagine fully smooth highs and full mids with the bass of the XB500 and you get the HTF600..
@Negakinu. You bet the HTF600 is cheaper @$30.. Too cheap not to try out for all you veterans that need to hear them so you all can suggest something better that is actually cheaper.. That is everyone on this thread. Minus one MalveauX. Who owns 2. If you love music you will love the HTF600. Skip on some lunch and get one.post #15 of 5610/16/11 at 4:50pm
Does the bass extend deep and hit hard with the HTF600 - say more than the AKG k518 and xb 500? I think I might get a pair of these I can get them for £25. I'm not sure they will have any more bass than my JVC HA M-750 which I love at the minute but I'm always on the look out for budget cans like this - it's like getting a nice surprise at Christmas lol
- Best bass headphone under $100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Philips Fidelio X2 : A Review by Baycode 58 seconds ago
- › Yamaha EPH-100 1 minute ago
- › Audio-GD Master 9 3 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 4 minutes ago
- › FS: AKG K712s, like new 5 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 7 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 8 minutes ago
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 by smitty1110
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)