I'm looking for good bass headphones under $100. While I'm not a huge basshead, i do listen to electronic and hip hop and rap so I figured that a bassier headphone would suit me more. Of course, I don't want to sacrifice highs and mids just for lots of bass, I would like a good mix. I've been looking at Sennheiser HD438 and the Grado SR60i but anything is fine. Please keep it under $100! Thanks.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 10/12/11
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 10/12/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/12/11
- productKoss PRODJ100tagged by System, 10/12/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 10/12/11
- productShure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 10/12/11
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 10/12/11
Related Forum Threads
- Need help on what to choose. Last post on 9/29/11 at 7:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones with sound like beats. Last post on 7/17/12 at 12:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Fullsize headphone under 200$ Last post on 12/26/12 at 3:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What is the best headphone to listen to Pink Floyd? Last post on 1/12/12 at 4:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction A wise man once said that in summit-fi, there are no weaknesses, only preferences. He must work in marketing. I’ve been in the head-fi game since 2012, still a relative newbie, and...
I would like to Thank FiiO for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer link: http://fiio.net/en/products/52, also available on amazon. * click on...
Nobody said HiFi was cheap, spending $200 dollars on HiFi doesn't get you very far these days. The AudioQuest DragonFly RED is one of those rare exceptions, I think it's the best value on the...
Preamble: A group of engineers and designers has worked as OEM developers and producers for audio products, acting in the background, until 2012, when they decided to found a...
EDIFIER M710 On-ear headphones This is the third Edifier headphones I review and it conclude a very pleasant travel in Edifier Sound world. I discover that a brand mostly know for his...
Best bass headphone under $100post #1 of 5610/11/11 at 5:38pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 5610/11/11 at 5:45pmpost #3 of 5610/11/11 at 5:56pm
Im not sure about the Pro dj100. Some people were not satisfied by its bass.
Take a look at the Shure 750dj. They have good bass response and details.post #4 of 5610/11/11 at 6:02pm
Panasonic HTF600. Best bassy headphone per dollar over all in my book. That means better than a XB500 too. It beats it because the bass is similar, yet it has the mids/treble that the XB500 does not have.
Edited by MalVeauX - 10/11/11 at 7:47pmpost #5 of 5610/11/11 at 6:05pmQuote:
I wasn't a believer of the DJ100 until I try them. If you buy from Amazon, you can return it if you don't like it. With the M50 pads it's another beast, trust me.
I consider them my basshead and portable headphones, though they have a very balanced sound, yet powerful bass.
Edited by SLaRe - 10/11/11 at 6:06pmpost #6 of 5610/11/11 at 7:30pmpost #7 of 5610/11/11 at 7:43pmpost #8 of 5610/11/11 at 10:46pmQuote:
Seconding these. I love these tremendously and cannot get enough of them. Great bass and sub bass that you can actually feel with good highs and mids to boot. As a bonus, easy to drive, no amp needed.post #9 of 5610/12/11 at 4:49am
Haven't tried the Panasonic HTF600 but I've only heard good things about it.
With personal experience though, the XB500's are awesome for the price and have bucket loads of bass at your disposal. I picked mine up for $35.post #10 of 5610/12/11 at 5:46ampost #11 of 5610/16/11 at 3:11pm
I would throw the JVC HA M-750 into this category aswell, to be honest I think the bass extends pretty deep and with EQing is a pretty damn good bass budget headphone. I returned my AKG K518 in favour of the JVC HA M750 because bass hit harder and was deeper. It's not very much talked about here on headfi though.post #12 of 5610/16/11 at 3:26pmpost #13 of 5610/16/11 at 3:53pmpost #14 of 5610/16/11 at 4:33pm
Ya so here is the challenge.. All you guys that are suggesting the XB series need to educate yourselves on the HTF600. You know the mids and highs that are non existant on the Xb series without eQ.? Imagine fully smooth highs and full mids with the bass of the XB500 and you get the HTF600..
@Negakinu. You bet the HTF600 is cheaper @$30.. Too cheap not to try out for all you veterans that need to hear them so you all can suggest something better that is actually cheaper.. That is everyone on this thread. Minus one MalveauX. Who owns 2. If you love music you will love the HTF600. Skip on some lunch and get one.post #15 of 5610/16/11 at 4:50pm
Does the bass extend deep and hit hard with the HTF600 - say more than the AKG k518 and xb 500? I think I might get a pair of these I can get them for £25. I'm not sure they will have any more bass than my JVC HA M-750 which I love at the minute but I'm always on the look out for budget cans like this - it's like getting a nice surprise at Christmas lol
- Best bass headphone under $100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (Basshead IEM's) 3 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 8 seconds ago
- › Shozy Cygnus Official Thread 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 1 minute ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X3 Gen 2 9 minutes ago
- › Rhapsodio – A force to be reckoned with 11 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 13 minutes ago
- › Rhapsodio Solar by ezekiel77
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by twister6
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by Stereocilia
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by HiFiChris
- › Edifier M710 On-Ear Headphones with Mic and Volume Control - Red by Nymphonomaniac
- › HIFIMAN Edition X Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphones by kendetamas
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by twister6
- › Tingo TC200 Earbuds by zhouharvey
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by WonWesleyChoi
- › AKG K712 Pro by WonWesleyChoi
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse