I'm looking for good bass headphones under $100. While I'm not a huge basshead, i do listen to electronic and hip hop and rap so I figured that a bassier headphone would suit me more. Of course, I don't want to sacrifice highs and mids just for lots of bass, I would like a good mix. I've been looking at Sennheiser HD438 and the Grado SR60i but anything is fine. Please keep it under $100! Thanks.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 10/12/11
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 10/12/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/12/11
- productKoss PRODJ100tagged by System, 10/12/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 10/12/11
- productShure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 10/12/11
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 10/12/11
Related Forum Threads
- Need help on what to choose. Last post on 9/29/11 at 7:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones with sound like beats. Last post on 7/17/12 at 12:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Fullsize headphone under 200$ Last post on 12/26/12 at 3:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What is the best headphone to listen to Pink Floyd? Last post on 1/12/12 at 4:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Sony XB90EX Review This is not gonna be super in depth but just a small review and a comparison to the Sony XBA30. Ok so first thing I noticed when unboxing, wow they are big! Definitely much...
first review. yayyyyyyyyyy, so here we go. I am no super expert in headphones, but heres what I think the bass is very rumbling. I think that it wasn't as thumping or hard hitting as i would like...
I currently had done a review for the Fostex HP-A3 DAC/amp unit, which is a couple years old, but none the less one of the best units in the price range from experience and reading material...
Bought these in an airport as my other earbuds had stopped working. Even though I bought these in an emergency I immediately regret this purchase. They are definitely worse than the old apple...
Thanks to Calyx for allowing Team Tokyo to borrow a unit for review. Note: Version 0.6 and 0.95 of the software were used for this review. The first thing many people wanted when they...
Best bass headphone under $100post #1 of 5610/11/11 at 5:38pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 5610/11/11 at 5:45pmpost #3 of 5610/11/11 at 5:56pmpost #4 of 5610/11/11 at 6:02pm
Panasonic HTF600. Best bassy headphone per dollar over all in my book. That means better than a XB500 too. It beats it because the bass is similar, yet it has the mids/treble that the XB500 does not have.
Edited by MalVeauX - 10/11/11 at 7:47pmpost #5 of 5610/11/11 at 6:05pmQuote:
I wasn't a believer of the DJ100 until I try them. If you buy from Amazon, you can return it if you don't like it. With the M50 pads it's another beast, trust me.
I consider them my basshead and portable headphones, though they have a very balanced sound, yet powerful bass.
Edited by SLaRe - 10/11/11 at 6:06pmpost #6 of 5610/11/11 at 7:30pmpost #7 of 5610/11/11 at 7:43pmpost #8 of 5610/11/11 at 10:46pmQuote:
Seconding these. I love these tremendously and cannot get enough of them. Great bass and sub bass that you can actually feel with good highs and mids to boot. As a bonus, easy to drive, no amp needed.post #9 of 5610/12/11 at 4:49am
Haven't tried the Panasonic HTF600 but I've only heard good things about it.
With personal experience though, the XB500's are awesome for the price and have bucket loads of bass at your disposal. I picked mine up for $35.post #10 of 5610/12/11 at 5:46ampost #11 of 5610/16/11 at 3:11pm
I would throw the JVC HA M-750 into this category aswell, to be honest I think the bass extends pretty deep and with EQing is a pretty damn good bass budget headphone. I returned my AKG K518 in favour of the JVC HA M750 because bass hit harder and was deeper. It's not very much talked about here on headfi though.post #12 of 5610/16/11 at 3:26pmpost #13 of 5610/16/11 at 3:53pmpost #14 of 5610/16/11 at 4:33pm
Ya so here is the challenge.. All you guys that are suggesting the XB series need to educate yourselves on the HTF600. You know the mids and highs that are non existant on the Xb series without eQ.? Imagine fully smooth highs and full mids with the bass of the XB500 and you get the HTF600..
@Negakinu. You bet the HTF600 is cheaper @$30.. Too cheap not to try out for all you veterans that need to hear them so you all can suggest something better that is actually cheaper.. That is everyone on this thread. Minus one MalveauX. Who owns 2. If you love music you will love the HTF600. Skip on some lunch and get one.post #15 of 5610/16/11 at 4:50pm
Does the bass extend deep and hit hard with the HTF600 - say more than the AKG k518 and xb 500? I think I might get a pair of these I can get them for £25. I'm not sure they will have any more bass than my JVC HA M-750 which I love at the minute but I'm always on the look out for budget cans like this - it's like getting a nice surprise at Christmas lol
- Best bass headphone under $100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › AKG Q701 and Sennheiser HD598 comparision 36 seconds ago
- › Binaural Sound Demonstration 1 minute ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 4 minutes ago
- › Bottlehead Amplifier Discussion / Comparison Thread: Crack, SEX &... 6 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 6 minutes ago
- › Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp 6 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › SONY MDR-XB90EX | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import) by kevms89
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by classycans
- › Audio Poutine CDAC+ by WhiskeyJacks
- › Hama HK-3063 by Blanejmc
- › Calyx Audio M by Currawong
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohms by MrTechAgent
- › T-PEOS H-100II by mark2410
- › Yulong Audio D200 32bit 384khz DSD DAC by customNuts
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by Wyd4
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by MattTCG
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)