I'm looking for good bass headphones under $100. While I'm not a huge basshead, i do listen to electronic and hip hop and rap so I figured that a bassier headphone would suit me more. Of course, I don't want to sacrifice highs and mids just for lots of bass, I would like a good mix. I've been looking at Sennheiser HD438 and the Grado SR60i but anything is fine. Please keep it under $100! Thanks.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 10/12/11
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 10/12/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/12/11
- productKoss PRODJ100tagged by System, 10/12/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 10/12/11
- productShure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 10/12/11
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 10/12/11
Related Forum Threads
- Need help on what to choose. Last post on 9/29/11 at 7:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones with sound like beats. Last post on 7/17/12 at 12:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Fullsize headphone under 200$ Last post on 12/26/12 at 3:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What is the best headphone to listen to Pink Floyd? Last post on 1/12/12 at 4:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I want to thank the MezeTeam over at Head Fi for allowing me the chance to review the 99 Classics as part of their Tour. You can purchase the 99 Classics in three colors right from their...
Disclaimer: I received this earphone for free from the manufacturers. I did my best not to let that color my opinion on the product, but my impressions may not be entirely without bias. Shozy...
Introduction: The Effect Audio is a Singapore brand that is known by some famous aftermarket cables. They offer Ares and Thor series headphone/IEM cables as well as Piccolino Ultimate and Eros...
Here is my review for the Brainwavz BLU-200 Bluetooth earphones. I must say that I really like and respect the Brainwavz brand and that they deserve attention with their high quality/budget...
Hello Fellow Headfiers, I own this DAC for atleast 7 months now and so I thought I would make a review cuz I'm planning to sell this :) (which I'll tell you why at the end of this review). I...
Best bass headphone under $100post #1 of 5610/11/11 at 5:38pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 5610/11/11 at 5:45pmpost #3 of 5610/11/11 at 5:56pm
Im not sure about the Pro dj100. Some people were not satisfied by its bass.
Take a look at the Shure 750dj. They have good bass response and details.post #4 of 5610/11/11 at 6:02pm
Panasonic HTF600. Best bassy headphone per dollar over all in my book. That means better than a XB500 too. It beats it because the bass is similar, yet it has the mids/treble that the XB500 does not have.
Edited by MalVeauX - 10/11/11 at 7:47pmpost #5 of 5610/11/11 at 6:05pmQuote:
I wasn't a believer of the DJ100 until I try them. If you buy from Amazon, you can return it if you don't like it. With the M50 pads it's another beast, trust me.
I consider them my basshead and portable headphones, though they have a very balanced sound, yet powerful bass.
Edited by SLaRe - 10/11/11 at 6:06pmpost #6 of 5610/11/11 at 7:30pmpost #7 of 5610/11/11 at 7:43pmpost #8 of 5610/11/11 at 10:46pmQuote:
Seconding these. I love these tremendously and cannot get enough of them. Great bass and sub bass that you can actually feel with good highs and mids to boot. As a bonus, easy to drive, no amp needed.post #9 of 5610/12/11 at 4:49am
Haven't tried the Panasonic HTF600 but I've only heard good things about it.
With personal experience though, the XB500's are awesome for the price and have bucket loads of bass at your disposal. I picked mine up for $35.post #10 of 5610/12/11 at 5:46ampost #11 of 5610/16/11 at 3:11pm
I would throw the JVC HA M-750 into this category aswell, to be honest I think the bass extends pretty deep and with EQing is a pretty damn good bass budget headphone. I returned my AKG K518 in favour of the JVC HA M750 because bass hit harder and was deeper. It's not very much talked about here on headfi though.post #12 of 5610/16/11 at 3:26pmpost #13 of 5610/16/11 at 3:53pmpost #14 of 5610/16/11 at 4:33pm
Ya so here is the challenge.. All you guys that are suggesting the XB series need to educate yourselves on the HTF600. You know the mids and highs that are non existant on the Xb series without eQ.? Imagine fully smooth highs and full mids with the bass of the XB500 and you get the HTF600..
@Negakinu. You bet the HTF600 is cheaper @$30.. Too cheap not to try out for all you veterans that need to hear them so you all can suggest something better that is actually cheaper.. That is everyone on this thread. Minus one MalveauX. Who owns 2. If you love music you will love the HTF600. Skip on some lunch and get one.post #15 of 5610/16/11 at 4:50pm
Does the bass extend deep and hit hard with the HTF600 - say more than the AKG k518 and xb 500? I think I might get a pair of these I can get them for £25. I'm not sure they will have any more bass than my JVC HA M-750 which I love at the minute but I'm always on the look out for budget cans like this - it's like getting a nice surprise at Christmas lol
- Best bass headphone under $100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 41 seconds ago
- › Official Head-Fi Houston Fourth-of-July Weekend Meet: Saturday -... 1 minute ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman IEM's: RE-400 and RE-600 5 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Marantz HD- DAC1High Definition USB DAC / Headphone Amp by Gamergtx260
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by flinkenick
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by getclikinagas
- › Yulong U100 by Spork67
- › Schiit Audio Bifrost DAC by bosiemoncrieff
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by flinkenick
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...