Hey, I was wondering which IEMs would be good for me. I'm looking for something under or around $130. I already have some full size cans (Audio Technica AD700s) so I'm looking for something to compliment them and that I can actually wear outside of my dorm room. I wouldn't mind something that isn't an IEM, but something that is at least ultra-portable. In regards to me wanting them to compliment my current headphones I basically want the opposite of what I have. I want some bass, great quantity and quality, a deep and punchy low end that will hit those notes with some impact. I also do not care about sound stage for these either. It will be used for music only, but it will be for all sorts of music, literally from classical to techno and everything in between (besides country and mainstream rap-I have standards). A little sound isolation would be nice but it is not of the most importance. I wouldn't mind buying/making a portable amp either if you think that is necessary. Any suggestions would be great, thanks guys.
Related Forum Threads
- IEM's under $60 for Rock/Metal Last post on 10/7/11 at 2:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- MEElectronics A151 or Klipsch S4? Last post on 9/17/11 at 1:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Brainwavz m2 compares with vsonic R04? Last post on 9/5/11 at 10:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster iBeats, Lil Jamz or Klipsch S4's? Last post on 1/25/12 at 6:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best in ears for under $50 on amazon? Last post on 2/7/11 at 3:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The PMV A-01 was sent to me from PMV by the help on Penon Audio. Thank you to both for let me try them out! The price at the time of this review was $69. The PMV A-1 is available from the Penon...
Cayin have always intrigued me, their approach to portable audio isn't about sound quality alone, far from. Their designs are some of the most unique...
published on April 30, 2016 - download a printable 8-page PDF version of this review (right-click the link & save target, or just tap for mobile devices) (click any photo in this review...
There is just so much craptastic dreck in the
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Brainwavz M2's from amazon usually drop to $60 new. I own a pair and really love them. They sound amazing for the price. The bass is tight, the mids lush, while the highs are just a tad rolled off. For $60 you cannot go wrong with the Brainwavz M2. I own many other pairs of IEM's and use the Brainwavz M2's the most because they have the most balanced signature and remain low cost so I do not worry about breaking them or leaving them somewhere. If you do settle on the M2 be sure to use the Comply tips that come with them or pick some up. They take T-400's. These require no amping and an amp just smooths out the sound and brings up the bass and highs a bit, but spending more on an amp for the M2 I just cannot recommend. Heck, for $120 buy two pairs and have a backup. They are not super flashy and look like normal in-ear type headphones, but theirs sound is just awesome.
Rated at a 9+ on joker's IEM review page ( http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478568/multi-iem-review-186-iems-compared-xears-nature-n3i-xe200pro-added-8-01 )
Excellent sound for the price
Excellent sound stage
Large dynamic driver for clear bass
Excellent mid range
Well built with strain reliefs around the stems of the ear pieces
Highs are a tad rolled off to be considered awesome from bass to treble ( They are not bad, just no as present as say the ER-6i )
Cord is stiff and takes some getting use to
Left/Right notation is not easily visible from afar ( I pained the right ear piece red with some finger nail polish which worked great )
Cord is slightly microphonic during exercise, but nothing that cannot be fixed with a clip
- › Sbooster vbus isolator 1 second ago
- › How to set up my CIEM as an office phone 33 seconds ago
- › Schiit Bifrost Uber Gen.2 45 seconds ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 56 seconds ago
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 1 minute ago
- › Crisp, punchy, closed back headphones? (<$300) 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA7TP (tube power supply) Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › "Ear Kegs" - MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III appreciation &... 2 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 2 minutes ago
- › PMV A-01 HYBIRD IEM by peter123
- › Cayin N5 DSD Lossless Music Player by H20Fidelity
- › Campfire Audio Orion by piksnz
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by Asr
- › 1MORE EO323 Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by leesure
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by Bighappy
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by areek
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Yubacore
- › Meze 99 Classics by Defiant00
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by silvrr
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse