Hey, I was wondering which IEMs would be good for me. I'm looking for something under or around $130. I already have some full size cans (Audio Technica AD700s) so I'm looking for something to compliment them and that I can actually wear outside of my dorm room. I wouldn't mind something that isn't an IEM, but something that is at least ultra-portable. In regards to me wanting them to compliment my current headphones I basically want the opposite of what I have. I want some bass, great quantity and quality, a deep and punchy low end that will hit those notes with some impact. I also do not care about sound stage for these either. It will be used for music only, but it will be for all sorts of music, literally from classical to techno and everything in between (besides country and mainstream rap-I have standards). A little sound isolation would be nice but it is not of the most importance. I wouldn't mind buying/making a portable amp either if you think that is necessary. Any suggestions would be great, thanks guys.
Related Forum Threads
- IEM's under $60 for Rock/Metal Last post on 10/7/11 at 2:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- MEElectronics A151 or Klipsch S4? Last post on 9/17/11 at 1:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Brainwavz m2 compares with vsonic R04? Last post on 9/5/11 at 10:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster iBeats, Lil Jamz or Klipsch S4's? Last post on 1/25/12 at 6:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best in ears for under $50 on amazon? Last post on 2/7/11 at 3:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I thought about getting DFs as a present after passing driver's exams. Read those very few reviews online, which were generally a mixed back of helpfulness. Then I took the bullet and said, yes why...
I have a pair of EarTech Music Quads that I felt were worthy of a better cable. In particular I was hoping an aftermarket, high end cable would bring some missing "air" and resolution, more...
Hi, I'm new to this head-fi community and this would be my first headphone review here at head-fi. Other headphones I've owned and listened to so far would be the Sennheiser hd239, px100, rha...
These headphones are made for listening to modern extreme genres of loud brickwalled poor-quality metal. They smoothen out spikiness and make drums sound so powerful and quick as if your head was...
Greetings, We all know it's coming, whether we like it or not. The wireless wave is upon us. Pretty much every major earphone manufacturer has a wireless option, and there are countless others...
IEMspost #1 of 210/11/11 at 2:35pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 210/11/11 at 3:30pm
Brainwavz M2's from amazon usually drop to $60 new. I own a pair and really love them. They sound amazing for the price. The bass is tight, the mids lush, while the highs are just a tad rolled off. For $60 you cannot go wrong with the Brainwavz M2. I own many other pairs of IEM's and use the Brainwavz M2's the most because they have the most balanced signature and remain low cost so I do not worry about breaking them or leaving them somewhere. If you do settle on the M2 be sure to use the Comply tips that come with them or pick some up. They take T-400's. These require no amping and an amp just smooths out the sound and brings up the bass and highs a bit, but spending more on an amp for the M2 I just cannot recommend. Heck, for $120 buy two pairs and have a backup. They are not super flashy and look like normal in-ear type headphones, but theirs sound is just awesome.
Rated at a 9+ on joker's IEM review page ( http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478568/multi-iem-review-186-iems-compared-xears-nature-n3i-xe200pro-added-8-01 )
Excellent sound for the price
Excellent sound stage
Large dynamic driver for clear bass
Excellent mid range
Well built with strain reliefs around the stems of the ear pieces
Highs are a tad rolled off to be considered awesome from bass to treble ( They are not bad, just no as present as say the ER-6i )
Cord is stiff and takes some getting use to
Left/Right notation is not easily visible from afar ( I pained the right ear piece red with some finger nail polish which worked great )
Cord is slightly microphonic during exercise, but nothing that cannot be fixed with a clipReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › 【≽+91=9772572547≼】=online!!!~Black maGic for love SpeciAList ... 28 seconds ago
- › fast love vashikaran +919799592658 LOve Problem SOlution Movi ji 34 seconds ago
- › =919950524526=Husband wife dispute divorce problem solutions 36 seconds ago
- › Sony ZX2 (non-volume cap) with Mezzo Soprano mod 40 seconds ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 1 minute ago
- › 《jivan sathi》91-9958802839 dIvOrCe pRobLeM sOLUTiOn bABa ji uae 1 minute ago
- › India::::::::::family problem solution molvi ji +919799592658 1 minute ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 1 minute ago
- › Spell Powerful +91 9950524526 Best Vashikaran MAntra Expert 1 minute ago
- › 【≽+91=9772572547≼】=online!!!~Vashikaran mantra in hindi asTRoLOgEr 2 minutes ago
- › K240 DF by asymcon
- › TWag V4 Litz ciem replacement cable by tex thai
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by Varun Shankar
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by msturg29
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by msturg29
- › Avantree Clari Air by msturg29
- › Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds Stereo Headphones, Ghostek Silencer... by msturg29
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear