Hey, I was wondering which IEMs would be good for me. I'm looking for something under or around $130. I already have some full size cans (Audio Technica AD700s) so I'm looking for something to compliment them and that I can actually wear outside of my dorm room. I wouldn't mind something that isn't an IEM, but something that is at least ultra-portable. In regards to me wanting them to compliment my current headphones I basically want the opposite of what I have. I want some bass, great quantity and quality, a deep and punchy low end that will hit those notes with some impact. I also do not care about sound stage for these either. It will be used for music only, but it will be for all sorts of music, literally from classical to techno and everything in between (besides country and mainstream rap-I have standards). A little sound isolation would be nice but it is not of the most importance. I wouldn't mind buying/making a portable amp either if you think that is necessary. Any suggestions would be great, thanks guys.
Related Forum Threads
- IEM's under $60 for Rock/Metal Last post on 10/7/11 at 2:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- MEElectronics A151 or Klipsch S4? Last post on 9/17/11 at 1:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Brainwavz m2 compares with vsonic R04? Last post on 9/5/11 at 10:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster iBeats, Lil Jamz or Klipsch S4's? Last post on 1/25/12 at 6:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best in ears for under $50 on amazon? Last post on 2/7/11 at 3:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australasian tour arranged by Brooko, thank you very much for including me in this tour. Introduction I am just another music fans in this world, I...
First and foremost, I have experience with several different headphones, namely much of the Ultrasone series (Pro 900, Pro 750), Denon D2000, D5000, and Fostex TH600. I mainly deal with closed back...
The housing has a rounder shape then the vsd3/5 and i much prefer it this way. While the shape and looks is simple, it does not feel very cheap. The diamond cut shape on the vsd3/5 seems a little...
This review is for Master & Dynamic MH30 over the ear. My name is Adam I am a 38 years old headphone and iem collector. I don't consider myself an audiophile but have been into music and audio...
This little player can take a beating. I am not careful with this device and I've dropped it many times on all types of surfaces and it keeps going. I have had my player for nearly 3 years now and...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Brainwavz M2's from amazon usually drop to $60 new. I own a pair and really love them. They sound amazing for the price. The bass is tight, the mids lush, while the highs are just a tad rolled off. For $60 you cannot go wrong with the Brainwavz M2. I own many other pairs of IEM's and use the Brainwavz M2's the most because they have the most balanced signature and remain low cost so I do not worry about breaking them or leaving them somewhere. If you do settle on the M2 be sure to use the Comply tips that come with them or pick some up. They take T-400's. These require no amping and an amp just smooths out the sound and brings up the bass and highs a bit, but spending more on an amp for the M2 I just cannot recommend. Heck, for $120 buy two pairs and have a backup. They are not super flashy and look like normal in-ear type headphones, but theirs sound is just awesome.
Rated at a 9+ on joker's IEM review page ( http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478568/multi-iem-review-186-iems-compared-xears-nature-n3i-xe200pro-added-8-01 )
Excellent sound for the price
Excellent sound stage
Large dynamic driver for clear bass
Excellent mid range
Well built with strain reliefs around the stems of the ear pieces
Highs are a tad rolled off to be considered awesome from bass to treble ( They are not bad, just no as present as say the ER-6i )
Cord is stiff and takes some getting use to
Left/Right notation is not easily visible from afar ( I pained the right ear piece red with some finger nail polish which worked great )
Cord is slightly microphonic during exercise, but nothing that cannot be fixed with a clip
- › Unique Melody Mason- new 12 driver flagship 15 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 26 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 56 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Corny Jokes - the more the merrier 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by daduy
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by sarora
- › VSONIC VSD 2S by Arvan
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Bravo Audio S1 Class A Deluxe Headphone Amplifier with Op-amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2