Hey, I was wondering which IEMs would be good for me. I'm looking for something under or around $130. I already have some full size cans (Audio Technica AD700s) so I'm looking for something to compliment them and that I can actually wear outside of my dorm room. I wouldn't mind something that isn't an IEM, but something that is at least ultra-portable. In regards to me wanting them to compliment my current headphones I basically want the opposite of what I have. I want some bass, great quantity and quality, a deep and punchy low end that will hit those notes with some impact. I also do not care about sound stage for these either. It will be used for music only, but it will be for all sorts of music, literally from classical to techno and everything in between (besides country and mainstream rap-I have standards). A little sound isolation would be nice but it is not of the most importance. I wouldn't mind buying/making a portable amp either if you think that is necessary. Any suggestions would be great, thanks guys.
Related Forum Threads
- IEM's under $60 for Rock/Metal Last post on 10/7/11 at 2:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- MEElectronics A151 or Klipsch S4? Last post on 9/17/11 at 1:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Brainwavz m2 compares with vsonic R04? Last post on 9/5/11 at 10:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster iBeats, Lil Jamz or Klipsch S4's? Last post on 1/25/12 at 6:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best in ears for under $50 on amazon? Last post on 2/7/11 at 3:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I would like to thank Creative Singapore for the loan of Creative Aurvana Live 2 demo sample! http://sg.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/creative-aurvana-live2 Launched in 2013,...
for the price is good but if you want to have that premier sound qualtiy of studio you need a dac of 300 dolllar +
I'm using eartips I found on a pair of Dollar Store earbuds. They look like JVC Spiral dot tips but with a larger dameter opening, more rubbery too. I also tried the CKW1000anv with the JVC's...
About Me I stumbled into the head-fi world when my itchy fingers picked up a Shure SE846 back in January’14. Since then, it has been a long journey, and I’m only just starting. Exploring the...
Introduction: As a well-known cable maker company, Forza AudioWorks is located in Poland. Its CEO and founder Matthew, a good English speaker and known as ‘’Matez’’ on Head-Fi, is a nice guy to...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Brainwavz M2's from amazon usually drop to $60 new. I own a pair and really love them. They sound amazing for the price. The bass is tight, the mids lush, while the highs are just a tad rolled off. For $60 you cannot go wrong with the Brainwavz M2. I own many other pairs of IEM's and use the Brainwavz M2's the most because they have the most balanced signature and remain low cost so I do not worry about breaking them or leaving them somewhere. If you do settle on the M2 be sure to use the Comply tips that come with them or pick some up. They take T-400's. These require no amping and an amp just smooths out the sound and brings up the bass and highs a bit, but spending more on an amp for the M2 I just cannot recommend. Heck, for $120 buy two pairs and have a backup. They are not super flashy and look like normal in-ear type headphones, but theirs sound is just awesome.
Rated at a 9+ on joker's IEM review page ( http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478568/multi-iem-review-186-iems-compared-xears-nature-n3i-xe200pro-added-8-01 )
Excellent sound for the price
Excellent sound stage
Large dynamic driver for clear bass
Excellent mid range
Well built with strain reliefs around the stems of the ear pieces
Highs are a tad rolled off to be considered awesome from bass to treble ( They are not bad, just no as present as say the ER-6i )
Cord is stiff and takes some getting use to
Left/Right notation is not easily visible from afar ( I pained the right ear piece red with some finger nail polish which worked great )
Cord is slightly microphonic during exercise, but nothing that cannot be fixed with a clip
- › FiiO’s 2015 Slogan Translation Contest 12 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 6 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 6 minutes ago
- › HIFIME 9018D USB DAC 6 minutes ago
- › A Bit of Music and a Bit of Fun 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO Releases X1 Blue & Black to the Market 8 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 8 minutes ago
- › [Review] WA7 & LCD-2F: DAC shoot-out & tube guide [UPDATED] 8 minutes ago
- › Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by earfonia
- › FiiO E10K USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by younes berrada
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CKW1000ANV Inner Ear Headphones 50th Anniversary... by kameenadesi
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by Tobias89
- › Forza Audioworks IEM Cables by MikePortnoy
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by reddog
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2