Related Forum Threads
- Best huge bass IEMs for under $50? Last post on 12/9/12 at 9:08am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is better than Atomic Bass 2 ... bass wise. Last post on 7/7/12 at 9:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I love my Turbine Golds but it's time to move on... Suggestions? Last post on 6/13/12 at 12:07am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Question about FS Atrio IEMs Last post on 2/9/12 at 8:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Tune your CIEMs/IEMs yourself Last post on 9/21/11 at 8:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Ready for a repeat? Good, because the "short list" of Pros/Cons is too short. I wanted to provide a bit more in that regard. So here's a longer Pro/Con list that should sum it up better as there's...
i never usually write reviews, but when i do, its usually with underrated earphones/headphones, because i think they do deserve some justice. just a background, i owned headphones/earphones...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
IEM w/ Booming Bass <$120 - Page 2
The Hippo VBs are way more 'fun' (a lot more bass) but the Turbines have better overall SQ
Ya I got one no one but Katun and maybe one other headfier has tried.. Try these. These can shake your eyeballs!.. They have surprising full forward mids with clean highs too making them a blast to listen to with your big Bass! I recommend them to every one here @ $20 online. .Cheap but great! Especially for Bass heads!
Ya believe me I have every single one of the Xtreme Xplode JVC series.. The Headphones I wouldn't recommend to your worst hated cousin. These however are nothing like the headphones.. Warm smooth with big bold full on bass.. $20. I know reviews on Amazon don't count for much but you should read some of them and what people say.. Better than Bose? I can see that. I won't recommend crap to fellow Headfiers. That is not in my nature. Like these here as well. No one will believe me when I say these monoprice 8320s.. Even cheaper $7.11 sound equivalent to a clean well balanced $150 headphone. Not as Bassy as the HAFX1X but more cleaner with better balance and definition.. I actually prefer the sound on these over my Sony Xb41EX. Even better sounding to my ears. $7.11?? That is the price for some Latte with a double shot of espresso . Lol. Get both for kicks and get $400 worth of sound.
An interesting option at within the $120 mark is Dunu's Hephaes IEM. It's actually a pretty good earphone overall for that price point, but it is geared with a little bit extra bass presence for those who seek that bass bump. The build quality is rather good for this price point too as is the abundant accessories. For someone seeking a good earphone within the $120 mark but does still seek that little bit of bass coloration, it's a great option.
Thank you guys so much for helping me narrow down the choices. Im probably going to end up purchasing the Hippo VB's only because they're super affordable and apparently very, very bassy. Once again, thanks.
- IEM w/ Booming Bass <$120
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 38 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo DV-981HD DVD/CD SACD DivX etc player 4 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Volume problem with Sennheiser PC360 headset, any help is greatly... 7 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 7 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 11 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Designed. A Teeny-Weeny Update! (page 104) 11 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 12 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by MalVeauX
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by emanlee
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)