Related Forum Threads
- Best huge bass IEMs for under $50? Last post on 12/9/12 at 9:08am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is better than Atomic Bass 2 ... bass wise. Last post on 7/7/12 at 9:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I love my Turbine Golds but it's time to move on... Suggestions? Last post on 6/13/12 at 12:07am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Question about FS Atrio IEMs Last post on 2/9/12 at 8:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Tune your CIEMs/IEMs yourself Last post on 9/21/11 at 8:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The joys of reviewing a favorite product have eluded yours truly, until the T20 from RHA (Reid & Heath Acoustics) came along, supplied for review by my good friends at Headphone Zone...
A few years back, my family and I underwent a rather large home renovation (including not having a kitchen for 10 weeks; suffice it to say I was sick of take-out food after the summer of 2014). As...
INTRO I purchased these made in China headphones on a whim out of curiosity as the design looked really cool and to see what Audioquest might be thinking with their first foray in to...
The Soundmagic E80 was purchased by me from Penon Audio. I’m not in any way affiliated with Penon Audio or Soundmagic. The price was $69 when I bought them and this is where I ordered them...
(note: pictures included are not mine, I grabbed them from the net to make the article easier to read) I've had these for well over a year and used them at least 5 days-a-week during that...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
IEM w/ Booming Bass <$120 - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
The Hippo VBs are way more 'fun' (a lot more bass) but the Turbines have better overall SQ
Ya I got one no one but Katun and maybe one other headfier has tried.. Try these. These can shake your eyeballs!.. They have surprising full forward mids with clean highs too making them a blast to listen to with your big Bass! I recommend them to every one here @ $20 online. .Cheap but great! Especially for Bass heads!
Ya believe me I have every single one of the Xtreme Xplode JVC series.. The Headphones I wouldn't recommend to your worst hated cousin. These however are nothing like the headphones.. Warm smooth with big bold full on bass.. $20. I know reviews on Amazon don't count for much but you should read some of them and what people say.. Better than Bose? I can see that. I won't recommend crap to fellow Headfiers. That is not in my nature. Like these here as well. No one will believe me when I say these monoprice 8320s.. Even cheaper $7.11 sound equivalent to a clean well balanced $150 headphone. Not as Bassy as the HAFX1X but more cleaner with better balance and definition.. I actually prefer the sound on these over my Sony Xb41EX. Even better sounding to my ears. $7.11?? That is the price for some Latte with a double shot of espresso . Lol. Get both for kicks and get $400 worth of sound.
An interesting option at within the $120 mark is Dunu's Hephaes IEM. It's actually a pretty good earphone overall for that price point, but it is geared with a little bit extra bass presence for those who seek that bass bump. The build quality is rather good for this price point too as is the abundant accessories. For someone seeking a good earphone within the $120 mark but does still seek that little bit of bass coloration, it's a great option.
Thank you guys so much for helping me narrow down the choices. Im probably going to end up purchasing the Hippo VB's only because they're super affordable and apparently very, very bassy. Once again, thanks.
- IEM w/ Booming Bass <$120
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 22 seconds ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Cheap DAC recommendation 2 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio Studio Six Reviews and Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 3 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 4 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 4 minutes ago
- › A little about the Campfire Audio Lyra 6 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 8 minutes ago
- › RHA T20 by ShreyasMax
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 by MacedonianHero
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Mediahound
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by peter123
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by LAmitchell
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ade_hall
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by eke2k6
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3