Ok so I am in a bad situation atm. I need to decide on what headset to use for competitive gaming. I currently own both the Steelseries 7H and the Gamecom 377 but idk which one to use. The Steelseries 7H kinda gives me feedback and the right driver goes out sometimes... and the Gamecom 377 sounds a little bassy. The Steelseries is 7.1 and the Gamecom is Stereo so idk if Stereo is a + for gaming or not. I was looking at the Tiamat and was wondering if that was good too because it's a true 7.1 headset. I have a Studio mic btw (Peavey i100) and I use that as my mic :) it sounds really good.
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 10/10/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 10/10/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/10/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 10/10/11
- productSennheiser PC 350 Gaming Headsettagged by System, 10/10/11
- productSennheiser PC 360 Headset for Pro Gamingtagged by System, 10/10/11
- productSteelSeries 7H Fnatic Editiontagged by System, 3/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Headphones Last post on 9/2/11 at 7:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones for $300 Last post on 6/8/11 at 8:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014: Beyerdynamic T51i Added) Last post on Today at 5:53 pm in Video Games Discussion
- Help me buy some decent starting cans Last post on 9/19/12 at 7:49am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction and Design I picked up the Woodphones 10 months ago, so I've had quite a bit of experience with them in my collection. Despite me having sold off most of my closed headphone...
I have these for a couple of days, they are amazing for bass lovers, the bass is very deep and have hard punch and rumble, control is very good so the bass doesn't sound like a mess, is not slow...
1. These headphones are HUGE. 2. That said, it provides amazing soundstage/imaging, and are very comfortable. Headband has no bumps, and earpads are of memory foam. 3. Very decent amount of...
Looking at the picture of the PK3's I wasn't expecting much. They look and feel cheap using a generic case for the drivers. First I tried them without the foam covers and they sounded awful. I...
Disclaimer First of all, I would like to thank Audrey and the Brainwavz team for allowing me to review their S1 IEMs. I would also like to clarify that I am neither an affiliate of Brainwavz...
Razer Tiamat vs. Steelseries 7H vs. Gamecom 377?post #1 of 710/10/11 at 2:42amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 710/10/11 at 7:15ampost #3 of 710/10/11 at 7:43am
Never buy those crappy so called "competitive gaming headset" from non-audio oriented companies. Any good 2-driver headphones with excellent soundstage give you precise positioning sound.post #4 of 710/10/11 at 11:28ampost #5 of 710/10/11 at 11:47am
I tend to agree with the posts above me - stay away from that junk labeled 'gaming'. I've had my fair share of them in the past and realized they were ridiculously priced and isn't worth it only to game with.
If it means anything, I've done competitive gaming(mainly CS & TF2 in CEVO/ESEA) aswell, so I understand what you want in a HP/HS.
Take the advice of the others and get a pair of headphones that have good soundstage. Some of the gear that people have used in the past, in the comp. gaming community, are Senn pc 161, pc 350, HD555,and Audio Tech. AD700s. Give them all a try if you get the chance.
EDIT: Didn't read that last line where stated that you already had a mic.
Edited by ohaider - 10/10/11 at 11:59ampost #6 of 710/10/11 at 11:50ampost #7 of 710/17/11 at 2:05pm
I actually heard the tiamats... and yes, they are the best multi driver headphones around.
They have extremely precise positioning when used with a native 7.1 source.
The sound quality however...
- Razer Tiamat vs. Steelseries 7H vs. Gamecom 377?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › NEWS: Meridian Releases The Explorer Pocket-Sized USB DAC 1 second ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 36 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 47 seconds ago
- › JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC appreciation +... 1 minute ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › Need advice on what to get to power AKG K7XX 3 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 4 minutes ago
- › "The Nucleus" by che15
- › Skullcandy Crusher Headphones with Mic White, One Size by DigitalGrounder
- › Woodphones - by Blake Graham by SanjiWatsuki
- › AKG Y55 Black DJ-Ready Headphones with Enriched Bass, Snug Fit and... by presata
- › AKG K7XX by avitron142
- › YUIN PK3 Earbuds by thebluebulk
- › Brainwavz S1 by thatBeatsguy
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by Loquah
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundScout
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MyFamilyShoppin
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)