Ok so I am in a bad situation atm. I need to decide on what headset to use for competitive gaming. I currently own both the Steelseries 7H and the Gamecom 377 but idk which one to use. The Steelseries 7H kinda gives me feedback and the right driver goes out sometimes... and the Gamecom 377 sounds a little bassy. The Steelseries is 7.1 and the Gamecom is Stereo so idk if Stereo is a + for gaming or not. I was looking at the Tiamat and was wondering if that was good too because it's a true 7.1 headset. I have a Studio mic btw (Peavey i100) and I use that as my mic :) it sounds really good.
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 10/10/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 10/10/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/10/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 10/10/11
- productSennheiser PC 350 Gaming Headsettagged by System, 10/10/11
- productSennheiser PC 360 Headset for Pro Gamingtagged by System, 10/10/11
- productSteelSeries 7H Fnatic Editiontagged by System, 3/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Headphones Last post on 9/2/11 at 7:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones for $300 Last post on 6/8/11 at 8:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) Last post on Today at 9:52 am in Video Games Discussion
- Help me buy some decent starting cans Last post on 9/19/12 at 7:49am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Here is my short review of the HOOKA headphone hanger. Thank you to Pandora from Brainwavz for providing me with the product. This very cool headphone hanger came in a nice, small sized...
The Emotiva DC-1 Stealth DAC is frankly, an incredible value. The only other products I can think of that offers such a complete and capable skill set for such a low cost are the Koss KSC75,...
This is a very comfortable headphone (not ideally so, but close enough) and once you get used to the clap force, you barely notice it's on. The sound quality is amazing. I have compared this...
First of all, thank you to @ejong7 for arranging for me to be included in this review tour. I am in no way affiliated with Obravo or any retailer. I am head-fi hobbyist and music lover...
Where do I start? These honestly sound like the HD600/650 in IEM form. My previous go to IEM was the Klipsch X10 ($100), followed by the Klipsch X20i ($539). What is amazing, is that the RE-400...
Razer Tiamat vs. Steelseries 7H vs. Gamecom 377?post #1 of 710/10/11 at 2:42amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 710/10/11 at 7:15ampost #3 of 710/10/11 at 7:43am
Never buy those crappy so called "competitive gaming headset" from non-audio oriented companies. Any good 2-driver headphones with excellent soundstage give you precise positioning sound.post #4 of 710/10/11 at 11:28ampost #5 of 710/10/11 at 11:47am
I tend to agree with the posts above me - stay away from that junk labeled 'gaming'. I've had my fair share of them in the past and realized they were ridiculously priced and isn't worth it only to game with.
If it means anything, I've done competitive gaming(mainly CS & TF2 in CEVO/ESEA) aswell, so I understand what you want in a HP/HS.
Take the advice of the others and get a pair of headphones that have good soundstage. Some of the gear that people have used in the past, in the comp. gaming community, are Senn pc 161, pc 350, HD555,and Audio Tech. AD700s. Give them all a try if you get the chance.
EDIT: Didn't read that last line where stated that you already had a mic.
Edited by ohaider - 10/10/11 at 11:59ampost #6 of 710/10/11 at 11:50ampost #7 of 710/17/11 at 2:05pm
I actually heard the tiamats... and yes, they are the best multi driver headphones around.
They have extremely precise positioning when used with a native 7.1 source.
The sound quality however...
- Razer Tiamat vs. Steelseries 7H vs. Gamecom 377?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › sony iems: xb90ex, mdr7550, and possibly sony 7520 cans 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Cayin C5 - A new reference in portable amplifiers 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 3 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 3 minutes ago
- › Vibro Labs CIEMS? 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-3 balanced portable dac/amp 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 6 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Marantz HD- DAC1High Definition USB DAC / Headphone Amp by Gamergtx260
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...