Ok so I am in a bad situation atm. I need to decide on what headset to use for competitive gaming. I currently own both the Steelseries 7H and the Gamecom 377 but idk which one to use. The Steelseries 7H kinda gives me feedback and the right driver goes out sometimes... and the Gamecom 377 sounds a little bassy. The Steelseries is 7.1 and the Gamecom is Stereo so idk if Stereo is a + for gaming or not. I was looking at the Tiamat and was wondering if that was good too because it's a true 7.1 headset. I have a Studio mic btw (Peavey i100) and I use that as my mic :) it sounds really good.
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 10/10/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 10/10/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/10/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 10/10/11
- productSennheiser PC 350 Gaming Headsettagged by System, 10/10/11
- productSennheiser PC 360 Headset for Pro Gamingtagged by System, 10/10/11
- productSteelSeries 7H Fnatic Editiontagged by System, 3/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Headphones Last post on 9/2/11 at 7:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones for $300 Last post on 6/8/11 at 8:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and Shure 1540 added) Last post on Today at 1:08 pm in Video Games Discussion
- Help me buy some decent starting cans Last post on 9/19/12 at 7:49am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
INTRO I purchased these made in China headphones on a whim out of curiosity as the design looked really cool and to see what Audioquest might be thinking with their first foray in to...
The Soundmagic E80 was purchased by me from Penon Audio. I’m not in any way affiliated with Penon Audio or Soundmagic. The price was $69 when I bought them and this is where I ordered them...
(note: pictures included are not mine, I grabbed them from the net to make the article easier to read) I've had these for well over a year and used them at least 5 days-a-week during that...
Many thanks to Brooko for arranging this tour unit Pros: External Playlists: Pretty much my number one priority after sound, this took some fiddling to get working from my Mac/iTunes but I...
At the time of the review, the Venture Electronics Zen was on sale on the company’s Aliexpress store. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Razer Tiamat vs. Steelseries 7H vs. Gamecom 377?post #1 of 710/10/11 at 2:42amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 710/10/11 at 7:15ampost #3 of 710/10/11 at 7:43am
Never buy those crappy so called "competitive gaming headset" from non-audio oriented companies. Any good 2-driver headphones with excellent soundstage give you precise positioning sound.post #4 of 710/10/11 at 11:28ampost #5 of 710/10/11 at 11:47am
I tend to agree with the posts above me - stay away from that junk labeled 'gaming'. I've had my fair share of them in the past and realized they were ridiculously priced and isn't worth it only to game with.
If it means anything, I've done competitive gaming(mainly CS & TF2 in CEVO/ESEA) aswell, so I understand what you want in a HP/HS.
Take the advice of the others and get a pair of headphones that have good soundstage. Some of the gear that people have used in the past, in the comp. gaming community, are Senn pc 161, pc 350, HD555,and Audio Tech. AD700s. Give them all a try if you get the chance.
EDIT: Didn't read that last line where stated that you already had a mic.
Edited by ohaider - 10/10/11 at 11:59ampost #6 of 710/10/11 at 11:50ampost #7 of 710/17/11 at 2:05pm
I actually heard the tiamats... and yes, they are the best multi driver headphones around.
They have extremely precise positioning when used with a native 7.1 source.
The sound quality however...
- Razer Tiamat vs. Steelseries 7H vs. Gamecom 377?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Over ear Headphones for Uplifting Melodic Trance 15 seconds ago
- › What color should I paint my HD6X0s 17 seconds ago
- › Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI... 56 seconds ago
- › The Woo Audio 2 1 minute ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Just got my first decent headphones, Grado GS1000e. Now what 4 minutes ago
- › Is the Sennheiser HD 558 mod worth it? 4 minutes ago
- › Shanling M3 5 minutes ago
- › Why do certain audio tracks sound "jarring" even at low volumes... 5 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Mediahound
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by peter123
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by LAmitchell
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ade_hall
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by eke2k6
- › Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphone by Skylarke
- › Heaven VII by peter123
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3