A friend of mine gave me his old Sennheiser HD590's and compared to the K701 headphones I've had for a year, I think in every way these cheaper and older headphones sound better. I can can listen at loud levels without getting any distortion on the 590's and there is way more bass and crispness. They also sound more powerful. I was using them through a creek OBH-11SE and a Ipod touch. I will say that I'm not the best judge about sound reproduction but there is a clear difference when listening to both of them that I think anyone would be able to tell. I know everyone will disagree with me but I hope someone will be on my side.
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD558- How Anemic and Flat Are They? Last post on 6/6/12 at 1:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG Q701 too analytical ? whats your opinion.. Last post on 5/30/12 at 6:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones for Gaming and Rock/Alternative? Last post on 5/23/12 at 4:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG or Bose? Last post on 2/10/14 at 3:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- wrinkles marks under the k701 headband. Last post on 2/9/12 at 5:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I do not own this unit – I had this unit from @fnkcow With Impedance of 320ohm this earbuds need a good amp to show its worth. I use my phone during my first listen to the zen and it sounds...
Cayin C5DAC: A Deadly Challenger in the Portable Market *Please click on the photos for the highest quality. [[SPOILER]] About me & IntroductionI am a student who is a music...
Me: am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I bought these on Geekbuying after a considerable price drop to about $16 USD. Having missed out on the hype for the Piston 2, I decided to pick up the Piston 3 instead. The other bang-for-buck IEM...
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
The HD590's sound better than the K701's am I crazy?post #1 of 410/9/11 at 10:30pmThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 410/9/11 at 10:32pm
HD590 are amazing. They are just misunderstood and unlucky that people completely forgot about them. Glad you like them.... they are my very first serious headphones I've ever bought (back in 2002.)post #3 of 410/9/11 at 10:54pm
The hd590 are good but always felt they had a wee bit more bass than I want and a wee bit less treble than I need. I remember reading that there are improvements to be had from replacing the stock cable, but the 2.5mm plug I ordered were too fat so I ended up putting that project off.
- The HD590's sound better than the K701's am I crazy?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 43 seconds ago
- › wharfedale or MartinLogan bookshelf speakers? 1 minute ago
- › Upgrading From ATH M50 1 minute ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 1 minute ago
- › Velour/Felt Pads for ATH-M50? 3 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › Bottlehead Amplifier Discussion / Comparison Thread: Crack, SEX &... 4 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 5 minutes ago
- › RHA T20 by Cotnijoe
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)