A friend of mine gave me his old Sennheiser HD590's and compared to the K701 headphones I've had for a year, I think in every way these cheaper and older headphones sound better. I can can listen at loud levels without getting any distortion on the 590's and there is way more bass and crispness. They also sound more powerful. I was using them through a creek OBH-11SE and a Ipod touch. I will say that I'm not the best judge about sound reproduction but there is a clear difference when listening to both of them that I think anyone would be able to tell. I know everyone will disagree with me but I hope someone will be on my side.
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD558- How Anemic and Flat Are They? Last post on 3/26/16 at 5:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG Q701 too analytical ? whats your opinion.. Last post on 5/30/12 at 6:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones for Gaming and Rock/Alternative? Last post on 5/23/12 at 4:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG or Bose? Last post on 2/10/14 at 3:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- wrinkles marks under the k701 headband. Last post on 2/9/12 at 5:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Review: Cleer DU High Definition Dual-Driver Headphone Introduction It was a brisk day in a suburb of Chicago, Illinois. I attended AXPONA, which is the Audio Expo North...
The ED9 is overall a good and very funny iem from China. build + design: The metal housing shows confidence and it looks like it won't break for a long time. I did like the looks...
(Player: Cowon Plenue D ; Earphone: JH5) Before I start, I must say that this was not the beginning of my experience with the brand cables. I own the Ares cable also (first model) and make...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION Firstly I want to thank a local NZ Head-Fier (AudioDHD) for allowing me to spend some time...
Not a whole lot to add that others have mentioned. I would have liked a traveling case included instead of a pouch, but I will let that slide for a couple of reasons. First is that the box that...
The HD590's sound better than the K701's am I crazy?post #1 of 410/9/11 at 10:30pmThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 410/9/11 at 10:32pm
HD590 are amazing. They are just misunderstood and unlucky that people completely forgot about them. Glad you like them.... they are my very first serious headphones I've ever bought (back in 2002.)post #3 of 410/9/11 at 10:54pm
The hd590 are good but always felt they had a wee bit more bass than I want and a wee bit less treble than I need. I remember reading that there are improvements to be had from replacing the stock cable, but the 2.5mm plug I ordered were too fat so I ended up putting that project off.
- The HD590's sound better than the K701's am I crazy?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 23 seconds ago
- › Eddie Current 2a3MKIV (Cinemag version) 1 minute ago
- › ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE400 vs Meze 99 Classics 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 vs Beyerdynamic DT 880 vs Sennheiser HD598 2 minutes ago
- › The Headphone Driver Pics Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 4 minutes ago
- › SE215 vs RHA MA750 vs T10 5 minutes ago
- › Any opinions / reviews on Gemtune APPJ PA1502A 5 minutes ago
- › Cleer DU High-Definition Dual Driver Headphone by moedawg140
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by thingol
- › Effect Audio Thor Coper IEM Upgrade Cable by Vitor Valeri
- › ZhiYin QT5 by Brooko
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by ekolite
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by slowpickr
- › Ghostek GHOHP001 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, soDrop Series aptX... by Cinder
- › MEE audio M7P Secure-Fit Sports In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Remote,... by suman134
- › Rock Jaw Alfa Genus V2 Earphones with In-Line Mic & 3x Tuning... by suman134
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by suman134
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...