A friend of mine gave me his old Sennheiser HD590's and compared to the K701 headphones I've had for a year, I think in every way these cheaper and older headphones sound better. I can can listen at loud levels without getting any distortion on the 590's and there is way more bass and crispness. They also sound more powerful. I was using them through a creek OBH-11SE and a Ipod touch. I will say that I'm not the best judge about sound reproduction but there is a clear difference when listening to both of them that I think anyone would be able to tell. I know everyone will disagree with me but I hope someone will be on my side.
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K701 / K702 / Q701 - Member's AMP/DAC pairing list Last post on 2/20/14 at 1:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Comparison of 5 popular cans in the $250-350 range - K701, HD650, DT990/600ohm, SR325is, D2000 -... Last post on 6/20/13 at 6:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best amp for K701 - my wallet is generous. Last post on 3/2/12 at 7:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- starting my headphone journey and need some advice on which headphones to get Last post on 9/25/11 at 1:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K701 HELP: Weak on left side Last post on 9/19/11 at 7:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The main selling point of this DAP is its size. Operation is straightforward, and small screen is better than none. Sound signature is likeable, detailed enough and musical enough. It uses RKnanoC...
I realize this is ancient news in 2014 but I recently rediscovered my iAudio7 and am loving it. It sounds remarkably good for a "fun"-signatured DAP and holy mackerel, the battery life is...
So I want to start off by stating that is this is my first real review of any headphone on this website. I am not an audiophile by any stretch of you imagination! I will try to best explain what my...
As an amateur hi-fi enthusiast I'm certainly no head-fi expert, but that won't stop me from saying that the Shure SRH840 professional monitoring headphones are a sweet sounding set of cans. I...
If you’re in the market for audiophile-grade headphones, you’ve probably heard of Germany’s professional audio electronics manufacturer Beyerdynamic. In the business of handcrafting premium...
The HD590's sound better than the K701's am I crazy?post #1 of 410/9/11 at 10:30pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 410/9/11 at 10:32pm
HD590 are amazing. They are just misunderstood and unlucky that people completely forgot about them. Glad you like them.... they are my very first serious headphones I've ever bought (back in 2002.)post #3 of 410/9/11 at 10:54pm
The hd590 are good but always felt they had a wee bit more bass than I want and a wee bit less treble than I need. I remember reading that there are improvements to be had from replacing the stock cable, but the 2.5mm plug I ordered were too fat so I ended up putting that project off.
- The HD590's sound better than the K701's am I crazy?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Music Game IX 5 seconds ago
- › JH13 custom or Roxanne universal? 1 minute ago
- › Good Koss headphones for outside use? (not too expensive) 1 minute ago
- › PS Audio AC-10 and AC-12 Power cables 1 minute ago
- › Which headphones to try? 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 3 minutes ago
- › Overnight Sensations MT speakers (DIY) 3 minutes ago
- › Best headphones under 400 for classic rock 6 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 6 minutes ago
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundApprentice
- › Beyerdynamic DT-990 Professional Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by anoobis
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by dweaver
- › Brainwavz HM5 Velor Memory Foam Replacements Earpads - Suitable For... by shockdoc
- › CAD MH310 ( Superlux HD662 ) by p13rrot
- › Advices for catching the right home loan
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3