A friend of mine gave me his old Sennheiser HD590's and compared to the K701 headphones I've had for a year, I think in every way these cheaper and older headphones sound better. I can can listen at loud levels without getting any distortion on the 590's and there is way more bass and crispness. They also sound more powerful. I was using them through a creek OBH-11SE and a Ipod touch. I will say that I'm not the best judge about sound reproduction but there is a clear difference when listening to both of them that I think anyone would be able to tell. I know everyone will disagree with me but I hope someone will be on my side.
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD558- How Anemic and Flat Are They? Last post on 12/18/16 at 9:52am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG Q701 too analytical ? whats your opinion.. Last post on 5/30/12 at 6:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones for Gaming and Rock/Alternative? Last post on 5/23/12 at 4:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG or Bose? Last post on 2/10/14 at 3:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- wrinkles marks under the k701 headband. Last post on 2/9/12 at 5:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
In my self-imposed haughtiness and superiority, I have always told Alfred and Martin that I will be the high-end reviewer for this blog, and that they should be responsible for more budget...
First of all, thank you so much to Ifi-Audio for sending me a black edition to review for free! Really awesome of them to involve the audio community to such a degree. I will keep this review...
I try not to be an extremist and I try to give most products I review a decent amount of hearing before making any judgments on their quality but when a product reaches with a level of quality I...
A great purchase for under 180 pounds, these headphones blow the direct competition away when it comes to almost everything. They arrive in a nice premium package with a thick, high grade cable for...
A reasonably priced pair of premium Open back headphones. They are well made and super comfortable and have a luxurious appearance well suited to home hi fi use. Unlike other hi fidelity phones...
The HD590's sound better than the K701's am I crazy?post #1 of 410/9/11 at 10:30pmThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 410/9/11 at 10:32pm
HD590 are amazing. They are just misunderstood and unlucky that people completely forgot about them. Glad you like them.... they are my very first serious headphones I've ever bought (back in 2002.)post #3 of 410/9/11 at 10:54pm
The hd590 are good but always felt they had a wee bit more bass than I want and a wee bit less treble than I need. I remember reading that there are improvements to be had from replacing the stock cable, but the 2.5mm plug I ordered were too fat so I ended up putting that project off.
- The HD590's sound better than the K701's am I crazy?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › Dita Audio Flagship - "The Dream" 28 seconds ago
- › Fiio X1 Swollen Battery 28 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 52 seconds ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Official Sony TA-ZH1ES Hi-Res Headphone Amplifier (Live From... 2 minutes ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW... 4 minutes ago
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by bapspidoff
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by theminstrel
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by markbrauer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Sony NWZ-A15 Walkman Video MP3 Player (16GB) - Black by theminstrel
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear