Sure, you can use E10 as SPDIF converter but it only has coax, not toslink and limits to 24/96.. I feed it to HM801 from time to time.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFiiOtagged by System, 10/10/11
- productFiiO E10tagged by System, 10/10/11
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 10/10/11
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 10/10/11
- productHEAD-DIRECT HiFiMan RE-262tagged by System, 10/10/11
- brandHiFiMANtagged by System, 10/10/11
- productIbasso D-Zerotagged by System, 10/10/11
- brandNuForcetagged by System, 10/10/11
- brandNuforce Inctagged by System, 10/10/11
- productTube DAC-09tagged by System, 10/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- FiiO amp for SoundMAGIC E10 Last post on 10/7/12 at 9:04am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best DAC/AMP For iPod/MacBook Pro -> Grado SR80i/225i Last post on 3/26/13 at 6:31pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Ultrasone 900 vs AKG Acoustics K550 Last post on 7/22/12 at 4:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Please Help? Don't Know Which Amp to Choose for the Sennheiser HD 598? Last post on 12/4/11 at 11:30pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Giant List of sub-$200 portable DACs w/ their chips & price Last post on 10/17/14 at 6:20pm in Dedicated Source Components
Introduction I initially caught wind of Flare Audio and their offerings through a friend's Facebook post. Cutting a long story short I clicked the link and with each detail I read became more...
Love this pair of headphones. Huge sound stage. Great for classical music. The bass is not shabby and is good enough to enjoy Coldplays Viva la Vida. Of course comprable amplifiers are necessry...
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
[Impression] FiiO E10 - Page 58
Gear mentioned in this thread:
sorry about the inconvenient bro,you know,it is a crazy world we living in...sorry for you
i have been living in London for about one year,and honestly i did not pass any time with this kind of social problem,fortunately.Even as a big city,the criminality rate are higher the inner country regions,it was a great experience,although i found London to be too big for my tastes ,anyway i just like the British accent very cool.
Hope the person that stole your E10 to lose one of his hand.
Btw i was really,really interested in buying the E10,but because some popular issue and the fact i cannot return it if i dont like it or it have a problem (there is not "audiophile" or Budget "audiophile" market here in brazil) i had to choose the Nuforce icon Udac2,hoping i wont be disappointed.
Still holding out for the newest version but haven't heard any news of people reporting they have received the new version. I have noticed the price lowered to 76$ at amazon but i will stay patient until i hear about the revised e10.
There's been basically no talk of it for some time now and I'm wondering if 3 revisions in the few months it's been out has essentially killed any interest or confidence in the product.
Well I received my E10 earlier this week and I'm loving it so far. Like others have said, you don't realize how tiny it is until you open that little tin it comes in (which I will use to transport in a backpack or whatever). Stamped on the instruction leaflet is the date '15 November 2011' so apparently they are still shipping the old stock. I do, in fact, have the silver headphone jack but report NO problems in the week I've been using it. Got mine through Micca store and for $76 USD it's hard to beat. I consider this my initiation into the world of headphone amps so I am happy. Thanks again ClieOS for the excellent, succinct review. Your review is the reason I purchased this product. FiiO should really consider putting you on the payroll (if they haven't already) since I'm sure you have sold a bucket of these things from your review alone. Lovin' this new hobby!!
HI. I have a question for you that have the E10. My buddy has a nice pair of powered studio monitors and he is using a secondary computer for music in his den. The sound card on his set up is not powerful enough . Will this headphone amp work as a volume control to be placed on a side table for the music as the computer is in a closet and not on a desktop. I thought I read somewhere that when the line out is used the volume control is bypassed. I guess he could just run the speakers off the headphone out jack to maintain the use of the volume knob?One of the main purposes of getting it is an external volume contol/line driver type application. If this won't work can somebody make a suggestion to something more appropriate?
Edited by phloored - 3/25/12 at 3:22pm
The only reason to use the line out would be if he was then going to pass it to an amp. This is a DAC+AMP with no line in, meaning it can either function as a sound card plus an amp (volume control) or just a sound card which passes to another amp, so he'll have to connect it to his PC with USB. Using the headphone out is what he would do with his monitors (although there is only a 3.5mm jack) provided they're not extremely high impedance. The e10 can drive 350 Ohm cans, for sure. And yes, using the headphone jack will give him fine volume control. He'd probably be quite happy with it, if it's intended to be a gift. If you just want something to recommend, point him at this thread.
No problem at all, it'll work right when he plugs it in, worst case he might need to select it as his choice for sound output, though he might want to change some of the audio settings to suit him.
Alright. Its looking good. I was looking at the Fiio E9 too. It seems to have more output. Not sure if this matters as the studio monitors have a input gain/cut attenuation and the E10 is available for 78 dollars or so right now. Thanks again for the help. Much appreciated.
have had my e10 for a month or so now. works great with my set up. adds a veil of transparency that normally wouldn't exist, and combined with my LD1+ it offers a nice warm blanket over the music :)
I am using the FiiO E10 on a MacBook Air 13" i7 256Gb SSD.
Testing it with SEMJ591 Pioneer HeadPhones. I am happy with this combo but I am not really convinced. I was expecting maybe a bit more.
I am using .APE .MP3 320 and .FLAC files.
I would like to know if you can suggest me some setting. At the moment I am using L gain and bass off. As player I am trying both VLC and Vox, at the moment without EQ or other "effects".
What I noticed is that if I use the USB on the right side of the screen I experience some disturbing sounds during reproduction. Maybe that is a shared USB port?
With the right side USB port I have no particular problems, although it happend that I had to plug off and in the device because it stopped working without any apparent reason.
Yes, it is perfectly normal. All analog pot of similar kind to that inside of E10 will exhibit similar behavior in low volume because they are generally not perfectly matched in low position.
- [Impression] FiiO E10
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 20 seconds ago
- › Equipment racks - yay or nay? 20 seconds ago
- › Rank the most accurate headphones you've heard. 31 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 4 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A17 8 minutes ago
- › MASS-Kobo Headphone Amp. model404 9 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2