Sure, you can use E10 as SPDIF converter but it only has coax, not toslink and limits to 24/96.. I feed it to HM801 from time to time.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FiiO amp for SoundMAGIC E10 Last post on 10/7/12 at 9:04am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best DAC/AMP For iPod/MacBook Pro -> Grado SR80i/225i Last post on 3/26/13 at 6:31pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Ultrasone 900 vs AKG Acoustics K550 Last post on 7/22/12 at 4:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Please Help? Don't Know Which Amp to Choose for the Sennheiser HD 598? Last post on 12/4/11 at 11:30pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- DT 990 Pro 250Ohm without amp? Last post on 5/9/13 at 10:38am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Let’s start with the accessories, which are 3 pairs of silicone tips (small, medium and large size), airline adapter plug (should replace it with foam tips or something else more practical IMO)...
Upon initial listening with these buds, I was rather unimpressed as I heard the rather familiar bloated mid-bass, sharp highs, and lack of mids that SKDY's old line carried. Then I realized that...
The VSD1 is the latest in a rather long line of budget in ear monitors including the VC02, GR99, GR02 and others that promises high quality sound for around $50 or so. While I haven’t had...
I tried a few Grado's —didn't like the Grado house sound—, a few Senn's —HD650 left a good impression—, a few lower-end AT's —I thought the AD700 were impressive for the price— and after reading...
In my recent quest for a new set of cans, I took a slight detour into the land of flashy prosumer headphones, in the form of the HK CL. The only reason I tried a pair was the price: half off,...
[Impression] FiiO E10 - Page 58
Gear mentioned in this thread:
sorry about the inconvenient bro,you know,it is a crazy world we living in...sorry for you
i have been living in London for about one year,and honestly i did not pass any time with this kind of social problem,fortunately.Even as a big city,the criminality rate are higher the inner country regions,it was a great experience,although i found London to be too big for my tastes ,anyway i just like the British accent very cool.
Hope the person that stole your E10 to lose one of his hand.
Btw i was really,really interested in buying the E10,but because some popular issue and the fact i cannot return it if i dont like it or it have a problem (there is not "audiophile" or Budget "audiophile" market here in brazil) i had to choose the Nuforce icon Udac2,hoping i wont be disappointed.
Still holding out for the newest version but haven't heard any news of people reporting they have received the new version. I have noticed the price lowered to 76$ at amazon but i will stay patient until i hear about the revised e10.
There's been basically no talk of it for some time now and I'm wondering if 3 revisions in the few months it's been out has essentially killed any interest or confidence in the product.
Well I received my E10 earlier this week and I'm loving it so far. Like others have said, you don't realize how tiny it is until you open that little tin it comes in (which I will use to transport in a backpack or whatever). Stamped on the instruction leaflet is the date '15 November 2011' so apparently they are still shipping the old stock. I do, in fact, have the silver headphone jack but report NO problems in the week I've been using it. Got mine through Micca store and for $76 USD it's hard to beat. I consider this my initiation into the world of headphone amps so I am happy. Thanks again ClieOS for the excellent, succinct review. Your review is the reason I purchased this product. FiiO should really consider putting you on the payroll (if they haven't already) since I'm sure you have sold a bucket of these things from your review alone. Lovin' this new hobby!!
HI. I have a question for you that have the E10. My buddy has a nice pair of powered studio monitors and he is using a secondary computer for music in his den. The sound card on his set up is not powerful enough . Will this headphone amp work as a volume control to be placed on a side table for the music as the computer is in a closet and not on a desktop. I thought I read somewhere that when the line out is used the volume control is bypassed. I guess he could just run the speakers off the headphone out jack to maintain the use of the volume knob?One of the main purposes of getting it is an external volume contol/line driver type application. If this won't work can somebody make a suggestion to something more appropriate?
Edited by phloored - 3/25/12 at 3:22pm
The only reason to use the line out would be if he was then going to pass it to an amp. This is a DAC+AMP with no line in, meaning it can either function as a sound card plus an amp (volume control) or just a sound card which passes to another amp, so he'll have to connect it to his PC with USB. Using the headphone out is what he would do with his monitors (although there is only a 3.5mm jack) provided they're not extremely high impedance. The e10 can drive 350 Ohm cans, for sure. And yes, using the headphone jack will give him fine volume control. He'd probably be quite happy with it, if it's intended to be a gift. If you just want something to recommend, point him at this thread.
No problem at all, it'll work right when he plugs it in, worst case he might need to select it as his choice for sound output, though he might want to change some of the audio settings to suit him.
Alright. Its looking good. I was looking at the Fiio E9 too. It seems to have more output. Not sure if this matters as the studio monitors have a input gain/cut attenuation and the E10 is available for 78 dollars or so right now. Thanks again for the help. Much appreciated.
have had my e10 for a month or so now. works great with my set up. adds a veil of transparency that normally wouldn't exist, and combined with my LD1+ it offers a nice warm blanket over the music :)
I am using the FiiO E10 on a MacBook Air 13" i7 256Gb SSD.
Testing it with SEMJ591 Pioneer HeadPhones. I am happy with this combo but I am not really convinced. I was expecting maybe a bit more.
I am using .APE .MP3 320 and .FLAC files.
I would like to know if you can suggest me some setting. At the moment I am using L gain and bass off. As player I am trying both VLC and Vox, at the moment without EQ or other "effects".
What I noticed is that if I use the USB on the right side of the screen I experience some disturbing sounds during reproduction. Maybe that is a shared USB port?
With the right side USB port I have no particular problems, although it happend that I had to plug off and in the device because it stopped working without any apparent reason.
when the volume is really low on the e10, the right side fades away much faster until i can only hear the left channel. is this normal?
Yes, it is perfectly normal. All analog pot of similar kind to that inside of E10 will exhibit similar behavior in low volume because they are generally not perfectly matched in low position.
- [Impression] FiiO E10
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!)... 39 seconds ago
- › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X3 Thread. Full review:... 1 minute ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › For Trade: SONY MDR-EX510LP 5 minutes ago
- › SE530 6 minutes ago
- › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD 6 minutes ago
- › Portable headphones recommendations needed! 7 minutes ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with crazy low prices (including... 7 minutes ago
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by danikus
- › Skullcandy S2SYDA-008 Merge Earbud Headphones - Black/Chrome by KodaO
- › VSONIC VSD1 by TheGame21x
- › Audio Technica W5000 by the wizard of oz
- › Harmon Kardon Classic On-Ear Headphones by imagic
- › Creative Aurvana Live! Headphones by imagic
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by Aakash
- › Hisoundaudio Wooduo 2 by iern
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by jensy
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by dietcoke2am
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe