Sure, you can use E10 as SPDIF converter but it only has coax, not toslink and limits to 24/96.. I feed it to HM801 from time to time.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFiiOtagged by System, 10/10/11
- productFiiO e10tagged by System, 10/10/11
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 10/10/11
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 10/10/11
- productHEAD-DIRECT HiFiMan RE-262tagged by System, 10/10/11
- brandHiFiMANtagged by System, 10/10/11
- productIbasso D-Zerotagged by System, 10/10/11
- brandNuForcetagged by System, 10/10/11
- brandNuforce Inctagged by System, 10/10/11
- productTube DAC-09tagged by System, 10/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- FiiO amp for SoundMAGIC E10 Last post on 10/7/12 at 9:04am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best DAC/AMP For iPod/MacBook Pro -> Grado SR80i/225i Last post on 3/26/13 at 6:31pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Ultrasone 900 vs AKG Acoustics K550 Last post on 7/22/12 at 4:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Please Help? Don't Know Which Amp to Choose for the Sennheiser HD 598? Last post on 12/4/11 at 11:30pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Giant List of sub-$200 portable DACs w/ their chips & price Last post on 1/19/14 at 10:51am in Dedicated Source Components
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
I've had Mentor for nearly a month before selling it and JH16fp (first deciding to sell Mentor, then putting it on hold, then selling JH, then finally selling Mentor) and thought I'd share my...
When my 2 year old DBA02 mkii's lost left channel signal strength, I needed a replacement, pronto. I took note of some good sounding <$100 IEMs from |joker|'s list and headed off to the nearest...
[Impression] FiiO E10 - Page 58post #856 of 12533/11/12 at 11:33pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #857 of 12533/13/12 at 5:26ampost #858 of 12533/13/12 at 9:23pmQuote:
sorry about the inconvenient bro,you know,it is a crazy world we living in...sorry for you
i have been living in London for about one year,and honestly i did not pass any time with this kind of social problem,fortunately.Even as a big city,the criminality rate are higher the inner country regions,it was a great experience,although i found London to be too big for my tastes ,anyway i just like the British accent very cool.
Hope the person that stole your E10 to lose one of his hand.
Btw i was really,really interested in buying the E10,but because some popular issue and the fact i cannot return it if i dont like it or it have a problem (there is not "audiophile" or Budget "audiophile" market here in brazil) i had to choose the Nuforce icon Udac2,hoping i wont be disappointed.
Salutepost #859 of 12533/23/12 at 12:56am
Still holding out for the newest version but haven't heard any news of people reporting they have received the new version. I have noticed the price lowered to 76$ at amazon but i will stay patient until i hear about the revised e10.post #860 of 12533/23/12 at 7:23am
There's been basically no talk of it for some time now and I'm wondering if 3 revisions in the few months it's been out has essentially killed any interest or confidence in the product.post #861 of 12533/24/12 at 6:19pm
Well I received my E10 earlier this week and I'm loving it so far. Like others have said, you don't realize how tiny it is until you open that little tin it comes in (which I will use to transport in a backpack or whatever). Stamped on the instruction leaflet is the date '15 November 2011' so apparently they are still shipping the old stock. I do, in fact, have the silver headphone jack but report NO problems in the week I've been using it. Got mine through Micca store and for $76 USD it's hard to beat. I consider this my initiation into the world of headphone amps so I am happy. Thanks again ClieOS for the excellent, succinct review. Your review is the reason I purchased this product. FiiO should really consider putting you on the payroll (if they haven't already) since I'm sure you have sold a bucket of these things from your review alone. Lovin' this new hobby!!post #862 of 12533/25/12 at 3:09pm
HI. I have a question for you that have the E10. My buddy has a nice pair of powered studio monitors and he is using a secondary computer for music in his den. The sound card on his set up is not powerful enough . Will this headphone amp work as a volume control to be placed on a side table for the music as the computer is in a closet and not on a desktop. I thought I read somewhere that when the line out is used the volume control is bypassed. I guess he could just run the speakers off the headphone out jack to maintain the use of the volume knob?One of the main purposes of getting it is an external volume contol/line driver type application. If this won't work can somebody make a suggestion to something more appropriate?
Edited by phloored - 3/25/12 at 3:22pmpost #863 of 12533/25/12 at 3:25pm
The only reason to use the line out would be if he was then going to pass it to an amp. This is a DAC+AMP with no line in, meaning it can either function as a sound card plus an amp (volume control) or just a sound card which passes to another amp, so he'll have to connect it to his PC with USB. Using the headphone out is what he would do with his monitors (although there is only a 3.5mm jack) provided they're not extremely high impedance. The e10 can drive 350 Ohm cans, for sure. And yes, using the headphone jack will give him fine volume control. He'd probably be quite happy with it, if it's intended to be a gift. If you just want something to recommend, point him at this thread.post #864 of 12533/25/12 at 3:36pmpost #865 of 12533/25/12 at 4:06pm
No problem at all, it'll work right when he plugs it in, worst case he might need to select it as his choice for sound output, though he might want to change some of the audio settings to suit him.post #866 of 12533/25/12 at 4:24pm
Alright. Its looking good. I was looking at the Fiio E9 too. It seems to have more output. Not sure if this matters as the studio monitors have a input gain/cut attenuation and the E10 is available for 78 dollars or so right now. Thanks again for the help. Much appreciated.post #867 of 12533/28/12 at 12:27pm
have had my e10 for a month or so now. works great with my set up. adds a veil of transparency that normally wouldn't exist, and combined with my LD1+ it offers a nice warm blanket over the music :)post #868 of 12533/29/12 at 12:56am
I am using the FiiO E10 on a MacBook Air 13" i7 256Gb SSD.
Testing it with SEMJ591 Pioneer HeadPhones. I am happy with this combo but I am not really convinced. I was expecting maybe a bit more.
I am using .APE .MP3 320 and .FLAC files.
I would like to know if you can suggest me some setting. At the moment I am using L gain and bass off. As player I am trying both VLC and Vox, at the moment without EQ or other "effects".
What I noticed is that if I use the USB on the right side of the screen I experience some disturbing sounds during reproduction. Maybe that is a shared USB port?
With the right side USB port I have no particular problems, although it happend that I had to plug off and in the device because it stopped working without any apparent reason.
Thanks.post #869 of 12534/2/12 at 8:01pm
when the volume is really low on the e10, the right side fades away much faster until i can only hear the left channel. is this normal?post #870 of 12534/2/12 at 9:45pmThread StarterQuote:
Yes, it is perfectly normal. All analog pot of similar kind to that inside of E10 will exhibit similar behavior in low volume because they are generally not perfectly matched in low position.
- [Impression] FiiO E10
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Album art game 35 seconds ago
- › Nexus 5 Sound Quality? 1 minute ago
- › Digital Multimeter Extech? 1 minute ago
- › Lynx Hilo - new offering from Pro Audio company. 1 minute ago
- › Altmann Tera Player — Impressions, Reviews & Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Dsnuts Garage sale II 1 minute ago
- › Head-Fi dark skin option 3 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 4 minutes ago
- › Chi-Uni-Fi 8 Saturday, June 21, 2014 interest check thread! 5 minutes ago
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude