Sure, you can use E10 as SPDIF converter but it only has coax, not toslink and limits to 24/96.. I feed it to HM801 from time to time.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFiiOtagged by System, 10/10/11
- productFiiO E10tagged by System, 10/10/11
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 10/10/11
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 10/10/11
- productHEAD-DIRECT HiFiMan RE-262tagged by System, 10/10/11
- brandHiFiMANtagged by System, 10/10/11
- productIbasso D-Zerotagged by System, 10/10/11
- brandNuForcetagged by System, 10/10/11
- brandNuforce Inctagged by System, 10/10/11
- productTube DAC-09tagged by System, 10/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- FiiO amp for SoundMAGIC E10 Last post on 10/7/12 at 9:04am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best DAC/AMP For iPod/MacBook Pro -> Grado SR80i/225i Last post on 3/26/13 at 6:31pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Ultrasone 900 vs AKG Acoustics K550 Last post on 7/22/12 at 4:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Please Help? Don't Know Which Amp to Choose for the Sennheiser HD 598? Last post on 12/4/11 at 11:30pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Giant List of sub-$200 portable DACs w/ their chips & price Last post on 10/17/14 at 6:20pm in Dedicated Source Components
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the...
These headphones are a steal for the msrp price (don't mind that I got a killer deal). I haven't heard any headphone come close to achieving the textures achieved by the PSBs. The chunkiness...
I bought this headphone as part of a search for an birthday present for my little brother (going for that brother of the year award, he deserved it). I tested and listened to the DT 770 pro 32 ohm...
Intro/Setup The full-size closed under $200 category is a very popular one among pro’s and casual listeners alike. The most similar competitor to this I own is the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro...
Fantastic sound quality! Very clean, detailed and balanced sound. Really strong power for high impedance headphones. Best buy until US 250,00.. It can drive easily my AKG K702 (famous for being...
[Impression] FiiO E10 - Page 58
Gear mentioned in this thread:
sorry about the inconvenient bro,you know,it is a crazy world we living in...sorry for you
i have been living in London for about one year,and honestly i did not pass any time with this kind of social problem,fortunately.Even as a big city,the criminality rate are higher the inner country regions,it was a great experience,although i found London to be too big for my tastes ,anyway i just like the British accent very cool.
Hope the person that stole your E10 to lose one of his hand.
Btw i was really,really interested in buying the E10,but because some popular issue and the fact i cannot return it if i dont like it or it have a problem (there is not "audiophile" or Budget "audiophile" market here in brazil) i had to choose the Nuforce icon Udac2,hoping i wont be disappointed.
Still holding out for the newest version but haven't heard any news of people reporting they have received the new version. I have noticed the price lowered to 76$ at amazon but i will stay patient until i hear about the revised e10.
There's been basically no talk of it for some time now and I'm wondering if 3 revisions in the few months it's been out has essentially killed any interest or confidence in the product.
Well I received my E10 earlier this week and I'm loving it so far. Like others have said, you don't realize how tiny it is until you open that little tin it comes in (which I will use to transport in a backpack or whatever). Stamped on the instruction leaflet is the date '15 November 2011' so apparently they are still shipping the old stock. I do, in fact, have the silver headphone jack but report NO problems in the week I've been using it. Got mine through Micca store and for $76 USD it's hard to beat. I consider this my initiation into the world of headphone amps so I am happy. Thanks again ClieOS for the excellent, succinct review. Your review is the reason I purchased this product. FiiO should really consider putting you on the payroll (if they haven't already) since I'm sure you have sold a bucket of these things from your review alone. Lovin' this new hobby!!
HI. I have a question for you that have the E10. My buddy has a nice pair of powered studio monitors and he is using a secondary computer for music in his den. The sound card on his set up is not powerful enough . Will this headphone amp work as a volume control to be placed on a side table for the music as the computer is in a closet and not on a desktop. I thought I read somewhere that when the line out is used the volume control is bypassed. I guess he could just run the speakers off the headphone out jack to maintain the use of the volume knob?One of the main purposes of getting it is an external volume contol/line driver type application. If this won't work can somebody make a suggestion to something more appropriate?
Edited by phloored - 3/25/12 at 3:22pm
The only reason to use the line out would be if he was then going to pass it to an amp. This is a DAC+AMP with no line in, meaning it can either function as a sound card plus an amp (volume control) or just a sound card which passes to another amp, so he'll have to connect it to his PC with USB. Using the headphone out is what he would do with his monitors (although there is only a 3.5mm jack) provided they're not extremely high impedance. The e10 can drive 350 Ohm cans, for sure. And yes, using the headphone jack will give him fine volume control. He'd probably be quite happy with it, if it's intended to be a gift. If you just want something to recommend, point him at this thread.
No problem at all, it'll work right when he plugs it in, worst case he might need to select it as his choice for sound output, though he might want to change some of the audio settings to suit him.
Alright. Its looking good. I was looking at the Fiio E9 too. It seems to have more output. Not sure if this matters as the studio monitors have a input gain/cut attenuation and the E10 is available for 78 dollars or so right now. Thanks again for the help. Much appreciated.
have had my e10 for a month or so now. works great with my set up. adds a veil of transparency that normally wouldn't exist, and combined with my LD1+ it offers a nice warm blanket over the music :)
I am using the FiiO E10 on a MacBook Air 13" i7 256Gb SSD.
Testing it with SEMJ591 Pioneer HeadPhones. I am happy with this combo but I am not really convinced. I was expecting maybe a bit more.
I am using .APE .MP3 320 and .FLAC files.
I would like to know if you can suggest me some setting. At the moment I am using L gain and bass off. As player I am trying both VLC and Vox, at the moment without EQ or other "effects".
What I noticed is that if I use the USB on the right side of the screen I experience some disturbing sounds during reproduction. Maybe that is a shared USB port?
With the right side USB port I have no particular problems, although it happend that I had to plug off and in the device because it stopped working without any apparent reason.
Yes, it is perfectly normal. All analog pot of similar kind to that inside of E10 will exhibit similar behavior in low volume because they are generally not perfectly matched in low position.
- [Impression] FiiO E10
- › AK 240 Stainless Steel Edition is The Best AK 240 Ever Made like... 37 seconds ago
- › Cambridge meet impressions, 25 April 2015 2 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 4 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 4 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 firmware 2.50 download and discussion 5 minutes ago
- › The Best Noise Cancelling (ANC) Bluetooth Headphones "discussion... 6 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio "Pro" desktop line discussion thread 9 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 10 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 11 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm by goropeza
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Matrix M-Stage by Johannus
- › Pioneer HDJ-2000 Reference Professional Dj Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Black by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Johannus
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2