Originally Posted by ClieOS
RE: E9 - wait for E17 or get the E10
Thanks. I'll probably do the same (waiting for E17) if I were in the same situation.
I was going through this thread and was reading about the E15 and how it might possibly stack up against the E7+E9 and more closely, the upcoming E17+E9.
Based on pure speculation, what is your opinion on the E15 in comparison to an E17+E9 combo in terms of power output and sound quality?
Like many other E7+E9 owners, I am wondering which upgrade path to take that would yield the best in terms of performance.
The impression I got was that the E15, being a true desktop amp and DAC solution, would probably benefit from having a larger form factor thus allowing a better DAC and amp component. In theory, this would make the E15 better than the E17+E9 combination as the E17 is limited because of its portability. I'm very curious to see a head to head comparison of the E15 vs E17+E9 when both products are available. The difference in sound quality and output, if neglible, would make either product a solid choice and the only real deciding factor would be portability.