Any resent news on the FiiO E10K?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFiiOtagged by System, 10/10/11
- productFiiO e10tagged by System, 10/10/11
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 10/10/11
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 10/10/11
- productHEAD-DIRECT HiFiMan RE-262tagged by System, 10/10/11
- brandHiFiMANtagged by System, 10/10/11
- productIbasso D-Zerotagged by System, 10/10/11
- brandNuForcetagged by System, 10/10/11
- brandNuforce Inctagged by System, 10/10/11
- productTube DAC-09tagged by System, 10/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- FiiO amp for SoundMAGIC E10 Last post on 10/7/12 at 9:04am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best DAC/AMP For iPod/MacBook Pro -> Grado SR80i/225i Last post on 3/26/13 at 6:31pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Ultrasone 900 vs AKG Acoustics K550 Last post on 7/22/12 at 4:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Please Help? Don't Know Which Amp to Choose for the Sennheiser HD 598? Last post on 12/4/11 at 11:30pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Giant List of sub-$200 portable DACs w/ their chips & price Last post on 10/17/14 at 6:20pm in Dedicated Source Components
It is really surprising to find this high quality CD performance in analog and digital format. When I connected it to Burson Audio Conductor, all the ignored CD library came back to life. This...
Got this earphones for the sole purpose of working out/biking. Tested out multiple sports headsets (similarly priced), from sennheiser and bose. They tend to sound better, especially than the...
Overall a great little card. Dolby headphone is amazing I preferred this card to my Sound Blaster Z, I sold that card when I needed a bit of money and bought this one to replace it for cheap and I...
I was in the market for a higher end 2.1 system when my search ended up at the Edifier website, I was impressed with the specs and decided to delve further, found a set at a nice price and pulled...
These are, without a doubt, the best In Ear Monitors that I own / have owned. Let me say that I purchased the pink color because it was far less expensive, less than $40. I purchased my pair from...
[Impression] FiiO E10 - Page 86
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Better ask FiiO directly. I have tested the prototype and I can say I am quite happy with it, which I think it is a more mature sounding product compared to the original E10. It is not a revolution but it is an evolution.
Well, mostly they are trying to avoid giving the impression of hunger marketing. So now they prefer to announce when the products is fully ready to hit the market.
I have no want or need to buy the new E10K, but part of me really want to see reviews on it (when it on the market).
The new Fiio E10K is now listed on FiiO website
Yes, that's exactly what E10K is about.
Hello everyone, I've spent the last day trying to search for a solution over the internet and I can't find one with my situation and I came across this forum and it seems some people may have had a similar issue.
I just bought a new pair of Kraken Pro Headphones and it sounds amazing. However, whenever it is plugged into the Headphone Output of my Fiio E10 while the Mic is connected to the Mic input of my PC (mobo) it gives a buzzing noise regardless of volume setting on either the Fiio and PC OR Default sound selection in windows settings for that matter.
Whenever I unplug the Mic the noise completely disappears, however I want to use my Headphone DAC/AMP while the Mic is plugged in.
Another thing to note, if I completely do not use the Fiio E10 and just plug in the headphones directly to the PC's mic input and sound output everything is fine. (So it can't be the Headphones? Maybe its the E10 causing the issue)
Some more information:
- If the PC is shutoff but still powered I still hear the buzzing noise.
- Used a different PC (Laptop) I get the same but it is white noise instead of buzzing
- I've used the same setup with a different pair of Headphones (Steelseries H7) and it is fine. (But wait I thought the headphones are not the problem?)
- If I plug my Fiio E10 to a different usb port I get whitenoise instead of the buzzing
- If I use the line out instead of the headphone out of the E10 It works fine. But then it is not using the AMP and I cannot use volume or bass boost on the E10.
I suspect that my kraken headphones are picking up electrical interference going around between the sound output via the Fiio E10's headphone AMP, mobo, and mic input.
I am trying to determine what exactly is causing the noise so that I can replace that component but due to the combinations that I listed above it can be anything.
Unfortunately I do not have another DAC/AMP to test if that is causing the issue.
Thanks for reading and I hope someone has some suggestions on what I can do going forward.
The problem is probably caused by the different ground of the two devices (the E10's USB and the mic's port) shorting out in the headphones' internal wiring. Other headphone's mic can have a separated ground wiring and therefore doesn't have any problem. Anyway, I don't think there is a fix if that's the problem.
I have a question. If I go to playback devices, my E10, properties, then advanced, I have an option for "Default Format". It's currently at "2 channel, 16 bit, 44100 Hz (CD quality)". Should I change this? Or leave it how it is?
Just select the highest sampling rate and you are good to go.
Thank you for the reply. Would you recommend changing any other settings for the best results?
Not really. Having the highest sampling rate is usually the best setting.
- [Impression] FiiO E10
- › Heads up! Dick Smith "Premium headphones VT H68" aluminum and... 7 seconds ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 3 minutes ago
- › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 4 minutes ago
- › MAD Ear+ Purist HD appreciation thread. 6 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Schiit Ragnarok Amplifier 9 minutes ago
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by BenKatz
- › Asus Xonar DGX by TsukiNick
- › Edifier S730 by Croozer
- › Velodyne vPulse In-Ear Headphones (Classic Black) by spinnin
- › QLS QA360 Portable HiFi Lossless Music Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by psblend
- › Meier Audio Corda Classic by longbowbbs
- › Klipsch Image S4i II Black In-Ear Headphones with Microphone by laurentiusjan
- › Audio Technica ATH-AD700 by witygass
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)