Try disconnecting the E10 when you're turning on the computer then plugging it in after it turns on?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFiiOtagged by System, 10/10/11
- productFiiO e10tagged by System, 10/10/11
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 10/10/11
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 10/10/11
- productHEAD-DIRECT HiFiMan RE-262tagged by System, 10/10/11
- brandHiFiMANtagged by System, 10/10/11
- productIbasso D-Zerotagged by System, 10/10/11
- brandNuForcetagged by System, 10/10/11
- brandNuforce Inctagged by System, 10/10/11
- productTube DAC-09tagged by System, 10/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- FiiO amp for SoundMAGIC E10 Last post on 10/7/12 at 9:04am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best DAC/AMP For iPod/MacBook Pro -> Grado SR80i/225i Last post on 3/26/13 at 6:31pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Ultrasone 900 vs AKG Acoustics K550 Last post on 7/22/12 at 4:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Please Help? Don't Know Which Amp to Choose for the Sennheiser HD 598? Last post on 12/4/11 at 11:30pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Giant List of sub-$200 portable DACs w/ their chips & price Last post on 1/19/14 at 10:51am in Dedicated Source Components
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
I've had Mentor for nearly a month before selling it and JH16fp (first deciding to sell Mentor, then putting it on hold, then selling JH, then finally selling Mentor) and thought I'd share my...
[Impression] FiiO E10 - Page 84
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1247 of 125312/18/13 at 1:36pmQuote:
That's the only way I can make it work, but it's not a solution. I wanna connect it and leave it on and forget about it.
Any more ideas?post #1248 of 125312/20/13 at 11:46ampost #1249 of 12531/2/14 at 10:02am
Just got mine today. The sound quality definitely seems better/clearer with more detail than my Xonar DG. I have one issue, though. The infamous "popping", or "crackling", is present. It seems to occur at relatively random intervals, possibly only when there is no other audio playing (or it's just because I can't hear it with other audio playing - EDIT: The popping/crackling is present even with audio playing). Mostly it's a relatively quiet kind of crackle, so it doesn't bother me that much right now (ok, maybe a bit), but it's still a little disappointing.
Any ideas? I'm running an i7-2600k, so it definitely shouldn't be a CPU issue (~5% CPU usage when I've checked while listening via the E10). I think I'll just have to live with it until I decide/can afford to get a better amplifier. Don't think I'm gonna bother with expensive return shipping which might not even get me what I want (judging from other, older posts I've seen) - not for an item at this price at least. I'll try it on my laptop later and see if it yields the same result.
So that's odd... Tried another pair of headphones + some in-ear ones. No popping sound. Huh. I have no issues with the pair I primarily use if I plug them into my sound card. Also just tried plugging them into my phone - works fine. So I plugged them back into the E10, and for over 5 minutes I have heard nothing at all. So uh...
I just realised that I'm an idiot who let the cable rest close to/on top of my network switch... Moved it after plugging the headphones into the phone. Now there's nothing... Upon moving the cable close to the switch again, it happens within a couple of seconds... So yeah, interference... Disregard everything I said, I suppose. No reason at all for me to get mad! :)
Edited by guywithtwohands - 1/2/14 at 12:16pmpost #1250 of 12531/14/14 at 2:19pm
I got mine today. Compared to Xonar DGX it's not day and night difference but I didn't expect that. I still think I could say which I'm listening with blind test. Bass is so much better with Ultrasone 580s, I can hear 20 Hz now :D After I find good EQ settings it will be much better. And no hiss nor other weird sounds. Headphone jack is very tight. I can say I'm pretty happy.
With 100% Windows volume I could only go max 2 on volume pot, reduced to 50%... Cannot hear difference still.
Edited by Sasasd - 1/14/14 at 2:20pmpost #1251 of 12532/22/14 at 3:30am
Got mine yesterday. Using with sens hd518. First impression vs my ****y creative sound card - not that big of the difference really. But then I think that I equalized the **** of my creative card, commited few days to get every frequenze right for my 518 and e10 reproduce the same sound with better clarity (fiio e10 to my ears sounds very very clean, no his or diz) without any equalization software. So yay for that. Second, creative stuggled to power 518, I almost always was listening to it at almost full volume and e10 is powering it without any problemo. The weekend is ahead so I will try to equalize the **** of e10 and see that I will it sound then. Cheers.post #1252 of 12532/23/14 at 5:59am
Well, what can I say... After an evening playing with fiio e10 I got first wow then listening for my 518 in a long time. My creative equalization setup works miracles to it. Soundstage opened up, vocals got foward and sounds very clean, bass tightened up ( I use bass boost on fiio e10). Very nice upgrade from my sound card. Looking to upgrade my 518 to dt 770, so I'll see what happens when :)post #1253 of 12533/1/14 at 5:04pm
I just received my brand new E10 Olympus a couple of days ago and right from the start I noticed there was a delay on the audio signal. As far as I have understood by reading from this thread, the Olympus should be Fiio's newest revision of the E10 and that the delay problem should have been fixed on this model. The delay that occurs on my unit is not the usual 0.7ms but rather 0.2s. I came to this result by playing around in Audacity, trying to measure the length of the delay. Additionally I have tested the unit in both OS X 10.9 and Windows 8, running on the same machine, tweaking at the audio settings but with the same result. My current conclusion is that the device is faulty and I should have it replaced by Amazon where I bought it, but what are your thoughts on this matter?
- [Impression] FiiO E10
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 2 minutes ago
- › Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 4 minutes ago
- › Diymod 5G with 120gb HDD & Leckerton UHA-4 OPA209 Amp 5 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 6 minutes ago
- › Diymod 5G with 120gb HDD & Leckerton UHA-4 OPA209 Amp 6 minutes ago
- › ios7, iPhone and Apple CCK 9 minutes ago
- › Over-ear < 100$ 12 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude