Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › [Impression] FiiO E10
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Impression] FiiO E10 - Page 69

post #1021 of 1301

What is the reputation of the E10 matched with the Pro 900?

 

It seems like a perfect match, I don't need the portability of the E17.

post #1022 of 1301
Quote:
Originally Posted by etweb View Post

Hi guys,



 



I am new here. I got one of the new E10s but unfortunately lots of crackling sounds with both my Sony MDR-V6 and my Shure SRH440



headphones. I tried some alumnium foil for shielding and it seemed  to help a little but not great still. The crackling was especially present



when I was not playing music but also during playing. I d like the E10s' sound over my mac mini's headphone jack but the noise is not acceptable.



Will send it back to amazon and I might try a E7, maybe that is better?



 



Since I am using Mac OS Lion I could not try and switch some of the settings to see if that would fix the issue.




I'd order a M USB to M Mini-USB adapter for a couple of dollars.

Made the E10 much better and if you attach it to a powered USB slot, even nicer.

The E7 is a step down per Headfonia's Mike.
post #1023 of 1301
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamburgerladdy View Post


I'd order a M USB to M Mini-USB adapter for a couple of dollars.
Made the E10 much better and if you attach it to a powered USB slot, even nicer.
The E7 is a step down per Headfonia's Mike.

are you implying that the supplied USB cable is faulty? That s what I heard about the E7, but if the E10

crackels and has interference I would not call that good either.

post #1024 of 1301
Quote:
Originally Posted by etweb View Post

are you implying that the supplied USB cable is faulty? That s what I heard about the E7, but if the E10
crackels and has interference I would not call that good either.

Received the first batch E10 awhile ago with a flimsy cord which I later added to an unpowered usb irocks hub.

Perhaps if the E10 had a better cable at the time, or a ferrite cable, it would not sound so much better after a $2.50 adapter was plugged into the powered USB slot.

My E10 was on 16-bit output as it has been claimed that its 24 bit is only 16.2 bits effective.

Again, we are talking about the first batch which was a step up from my nice connexant laptop audio.
post #1025 of 1301
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamburgerladdy View Post


Received the first batch E10 awhile ago with a flimsy cord which I later added to an unpowered usb irocks hub.
Perhaps if the E10 had a better cable at the time, or a ferrite cable, it would not sound so much better after a $2.50 adapter was plugged into the powered USB slot.
My E10 was on 16-bit output as it has been claimed that its 24 bit is only 16.2 bits effective.
Again, we are talking about the first batch which was a step up from my nice connexant laptop audio.

well I can report that it helps a little bit. But unfortunately I can only get it 99% silent if I wrap it in aluminum foil.

You might see where that is a little inconvenient. (it is enough that I have to wrap the cables going to the amp in my lab in foil..)

post #1026 of 1301

Just got my Fiio E10 but the bass is really almost imperceptible, i'm currently using it in Ubuntu so i don't know how to really get better results...

post #1027 of 1301

Anyone?

post #1028 of 1301

I have Fiio E10, and the bass switch makes the bass sound more..sometimes it lacerates the mids.

but it really depends on your headphones..

post #1029 of 1301

hi there. Yes i'm using an old pair of AKG 240 right now. I will try some grado 125 in the next few days.

post #1030 of 1301

Also when you turn the lever to 0 there's no click right? i thought that you could really turn it off when reaching the 0 position, but the light still stays on.

post #1031 of 1301
Thread Starter 
No, there is no real turn-off switch on the E10.
post #1032 of 1301

I recently got hold of one of the older E10's, with the loose headphone jack. Has anyone on head-fi tried to replace the jack with something from the local electronics shop? It doesn't bother me at the moment (I only notice it when I'm actually removing my headphones), but I read a couple of guys found it annoying.

 

I asked uncle Google if he knew of someone that did this, but he came up empty handed.

 

PS, I love the sound. I'm new to the whole audiophile game and this, together with my headphones, was my first serious buy.

post #1033 of 1301

tried outputting the e10 to a lp 2020A+. Don't know if its my cable or the line out jack is loose but I need to angle the lineout wire slightly downwards to get stereo sound (using the uber thick 3.5mm to rca from monoprice). :(

 

Still having no problems with the headphone jack but I seldom remove my phones from the e10.
 

post #1034 of 1301

Does the line out jack get affected by volume/gain/bass? it doesn't seem so. i tried to connect to another amp and if i turned the volume up on the e10 nothing happened. is this supposed to be like this?

post #1035 of 1301

no it doesn't. The line out bypasses the internal amp I think. Switch the cable to a thinner one and still no joy... guess my line out connector is loose. :(
 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › [Impression] FiiO E10