Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 10/10/11
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/10/11
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 10/10/11
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 10/10/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/10/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 10/10/11
- productSennheiser HD 555 Headphonestagged by System, 10/10/11
- productSony mdr xb 1000tagged by System, 10/10/11
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 10/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Going Audiophile For Gaming! Last post on 7/4/13 at 4:37pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- n00b advice (Ultrasone 900) Last post on 10/5/11 at 2:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cost VS. SQ Improvement Last post on 9/18/11 at 12:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Design & Comfort: Why can't you all do this? AudioQuest makes their first headphone and immediately gets so many things right that other companies seem to completely ignore. They even had the...
Bought these bad boys on sale from Harman Audio. Very clear and balanced sound for the price range, I have also had some good Grado SR80i headphones that I gave to my brother but the AKG K550 has...
Introduction Based on the very successful Delta earphones previously, Brainwavz has come up with a second version of the Delta’s, now upgraded with Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity. As these are...
Introduction FiiO X5 3rd generation is the successor of the loved by many X5 2nd generation DAP from FiiO. I requested to be a part of the tour for X5 3rd gen because I really wanted to hear...
After spending over a week of daily listening to these ciems I can confidently say that I have made an excellent choice with these ciems. There is nothing that i can say that hasn't been already...
What is the most comfortable headphones you've worn? - Page 11post #151 of 15910/28/12 at 4:58pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #152 of 15910/29/12 at 6:19ampost #153 of 15912/19/12 at 9:07am
1. any Beyer DT880s (Another company needs to steal the material for the velour on these, like now)
2. Denon D2000 (Amazingly soft and comfortable leather, even better than the fostex which is saying something)
3. Fostex T50rp (with mad dog comfort strap)
4. Audio Technica w3000anv (Pads are amazing despite being on ear and if the headband fits you its above avg in comfort for sure)
5. Audeze LCD-3
6. Sennheiser HD800 (They feel kind of strange like they're eating your face because they're so huge)
7. Grado 225i (Pads and headband are below avg, but these are so light that it doesn't really matter)
8. AKG K702 (pads are nice, but the headband is a b****)
9. Hifiman He-400 w/ velour (Pads and headband are moderately comfortable, but these things honestly feel like they weigh 5lb)post #154 of 1591/5/13 at 4:22ampost #155 of 1591/5/13 at 5:52ampost #156 of 1591/5/13 at 6:00ampost #157 of 1591/5/13 at 6:24am
1.AD700 - Just so comfortable light weight and 3D wing system works to barely put any pressure on your head and big soft velour pads are very comfortable and let your ears breath more then other material.
2.HD 428 - Also very lightweight fully over ear with minimal clamp and and good amount of soft padding on the headband and on the earpads ears do get a bit hot after extended use.
3.HTF600 Light weight not allot of clamp good amount of pretty soft padding but the material they used make my ears sweaty sooner and at temperatures none of my other headphones do.
Edited by DJHeadshot - 1/5/13 at 6:31ampost #158 of 1591/5/13 at 8:18ampost #159 of 1598/7/16 at 2:20pm
Senns HD700 are the most comfortable in their inventory in my opinion. You list The Audeze LCD2 in the list as one of the firsts, but they feel extremely heavy. What's close to number 1 needs to be comfortable for everybody, not just the men with bionic necks. It must be very bad during summer time in hot countries as well.
- What is the most comfortable headphones you've worn?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Classical music discussion, what do you like? 17 seconds ago
- › JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread 19 seconds ago
- › Matrix M-Stage amp review: simple, cheap, and excellent. 1 minute ago
- › Gustard A20H DAC (Dual AK4497EQ, analog preamp, headphone amp, all... 2 minutes ago
- › MYSPHERE 3.1-UNIQUE in SOUND&DESIGN&BUILD QUALITY 3 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 3 minutes ago
- › [Review] Philips SHL3300 "DJ" Headphones - Most Underrated Headphone? 5 minutes ago
- › Sony ZX2 (non-volume cap) with Mezzo Soprano mod 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo issue solutions thread. 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by snapacap
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by ss5972
- › Joyroom JR-E107 Metal Headphone In-Ear Earphone With Control And... by B9Scrambler
- › Chord MoJo by mswlogo
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Jackpot77
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by BillsonChang007
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by mrstrangeguy
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear