I know the AKG 701/702 and the Sennheiser HD 800, HD 650, HD 600, HD 598 are suppose to be very comfortable, but is there a stand out? I would suggest the AKG 701 as a stand out, but they are the only expensive headphones I've used. What is/are the most comfortable pair of headphones you have ever worn?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 10/10/11
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/10/11
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 10/10/11
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 10/10/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/10/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 10/10/11
- productSennheiser HD 555 Headphonestagged by System, 10/10/11
- productSony mdr xb 1000tagged by System, 10/10/11
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 10/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Going Audiophile For Gaming! Last post on 7/4/13 at 4:37pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- n00b advice (Ultrasone 900) Last post on 10/5/11 at 2:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cost VS. SQ Improvement Last post on 9/18/11 at 12:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The urbanite xl wireless is seemingly targeting the younger audience with its stylish looks,bluetooth connectivity and a bass emphasis.But does this deliver like it is intended to?Let's run through...
I was looking for a solution to simultaneously listen and charge an iPhone7, since Apple decided to ditch the 3.5 mm jack output. This one, which I got on Aliexpress, does the job. Soundwise, it...
Final F7200 Earphone review I will start this review of the Final F7200 earphones by saying that I am not going to include photos or technical specifications, as these have been very well covered...
MBC/ PINOYMAN's review: The TFZ series 1 Iem. Id like to thank Christopher Gatchalian for lending me his pair unit for the purpose of this review. Shell: clear in smoke black. Cable: quality is...
This is a review of the Cambridge DacMagic Plus DAC/headphone amp/pre amp. The Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus was sent to me by Cambridge Audio in the UK as a loaner for the purpose of doing this...
What is the most comfortable headphones you've worn?post #1 of 15910/7/11 at 11:49amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 15910/7/11 at 11:51ampost #3 of 15910/7/11 at 12:07pmpost #4 of 15910/7/11 at 12:08pmpost #5 of 15910/7/11 at 12:10pmpost #6 of 15910/7/11 at 12:17pmpost #7 of 15910/7/11 at 12:19pmpost #8 of 15910/7/11 at 12:22pmpost #9 of 15910/7/11 at 12:23pmpost #10 of 15910/7/11 at 12:29pm
I haven't worn very many headphones, but the Stax Lambda is the most comfortable I've had yet, even outdoing Audio-Technica.
Pads could be a bit better, but taping bits of microfiber cloth over the contact areas helps a lot. Maybe getting some genuine leather pads of the sort found on the SR-404 Limited and SR-507 would also help. (If only Stax had velour pads...)post #11 of 15910/7/11 at 12:46pm
i find my hifimans more comfortable than both denons i've owned, but i do have a larger than average head, so maybe it's that? also have a strong neck so i don't really notice the weight. Headband in particular is nice, denons would hurt the top of my head after a couple hours.post #12 of 15910/7/11 at 12:53pmpost #13 of 15910/7/11 at 1:01pmpost #14 of 15910/7/11 at 1:02pmpost #15 of 15910/7/11 at 1:05pm
In ranked order:
1) Sennheiser HD800
2) Stax SR-007mkII
3) HiFiMAN HE-300
4) HiFiMAN HE-500
5) HiFiMAN HE-6
89) AKG K26P
103) Koss Porta Pro
So simple, yet so complicated. :)
Edited by Loevhagen - 10/7/11 at 1:16pm
- What is the most comfortable headphones you've worn?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › 2016 Autumn Tokyo Fujiya Avic Headphone Festival October 22-23 24 seconds ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 57 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › KENNERTON VALI - Impressions, Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Effect Audio cables - new thread for discussion, reviews, etc... 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 8 minutes ago
- › Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA 11 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 14 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Wireless by Rafique Adzam
- › Mcdodo Lightning to Audio Cable (for iPhone 7) w/ charging function by Webkarma
- › Final F7200 by malcolm.mcintyre
- › TFZ Series 1 by pinoyman
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by peter123
- › HiFiMAN RE-00 by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Kerry56
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by Kerry56
- › Philips Shp8000/10 Hi-Fi Headphones - Black by Redcarmoose
- › Sony MDRXB400/BLU Extra Bass Over The Head 30 mm Driver Headphone,... by InternPrimas
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...