I know the AKG 701/702 and the Sennheiser HD 800, HD 650, HD 600, HD 598 are suppose to be very comfortable, but is there a stand out? I would suggest the AKG 701 as a stand out, but they are the only expensive headphones I've used. What is/are the most comfortable pair of headphones you have ever worn?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 10/10/11
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/10/11
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 10/10/11
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 10/10/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/10/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 10/10/11
- productSennheiser HD 555 Headphonestagged by System, 10/10/11
- productSony mdr xb 1000tagged by System, 10/10/11
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 10/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Going Audiophile For Gaming! Last post on 7/4/13 at 4:37pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- n00b advice (Ultrasone 900) Last post on 10/5/11 at 2:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cost VS. SQ Improvement Last post on 9/18/11 at 12:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I've only been in this game since January but have bought a new IEM every month (at pay day obviously). Nothing yet has come close to being my go-to IEM. (I should note...I bought the Titans for...
Nuforce HEM4 – impressions and comparison with HEM2 After listening to the HEM2s recently courtesy of the Nuforce Massdrop, I managed to pick up a pair of the next model in their HEM series (the...
http://www.shozy-hk.com/zero-earphone/ Preamble: I was honored to receive an invitation to join in the Delta test of the pre-production Shozy Zero around April 16th. I received the unit...
Background: I am not an audiophile, I just like to enjoy music in good quality. This writing is more like a collection of subjective experience and impressions rather than a professional review....
What is the most comfortable headphones you've worn?post #1 of 15810/7/11 at 11:49amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 15810/7/11 at 11:51ampost #3 of 15810/7/11 at 12:07pmpost #4 of 15810/7/11 at 12:08pmpost #5 of 15810/7/11 at 12:10pmpost #6 of 15810/7/11 at 12:17pmpost #7 of 15810/7/11 at 12:19pmpost #8 of 15810/7/11 at 12:22pmpost #9 of 15810/7/11 at 12:23pmpost #10 of 15810/7/11 at 12:29pm
I haven't worn very many headphones, but the Stax Lambda is the most comfortable I've had yet, even outdoing Audio-Technica.
Pads could be a bit better, but taping bits of microfiber cloth over the contact areas helps a lot. Maybe getting some genuine leather pads of the sort found on the SR-404 Limited and SR-507 would also help. (If only Stax had velour pads...)post #11 of 15810/7/11 at 12:46pm
i find my hifimans more comfortable than both denons i've owned, but i do have a larger than average head, so maybe it's that? also have a strong neck so i don't really notice the weight. Headband in particular is nice, denons would hurt the top of my head after a couple hours.post #12 of 15810/7/11 at 12:53pmpost #13 of 15810/7/11 at 1:01pmpost #14 of 15810/7/11 at 1:02pmpost #15 of 15810/7/11 at 1:05pm
In ranked order:
1) Sennheiser HD800
2) Stax SR-007mkII
3) HiFiMAN HE-300
4) HiFiMAN HE-500
5) HiFiMAN HE-6
89) AKG K26P
103) Koss Porta Pro
So simple, yet so complicated. :)
Edited by Loevhagen - 10/7/11 at 1:16pm
- What is the most comfortable headphones you've worn?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › JH Audio Rosie Impressions Thread 55 seconds ago
- › The IBASSO dzero mk3 thread 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 2 minutes ago
- › "Ear Kegs" - MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III appreciation &... 3 minutes ago
- › Lear NS-U1 NatroSound's Impression + Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! 5 minutes ago
- › EarSonics' new 9 BA driver flagship: the S-EM9 5 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-E70, ATH-E50, ATH-E40 IEMs announced at NAMM 2016 6 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Aornic
- › oBravo EAMT-3w Hybrid Dynamic Driver and Heil Air Motion Transducer... by glassmonkey
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...