I know the AKG 701/702 and the Sennheiser HD 800, HD 650, HD 600, HD 598 are suppose to be very comfortable, but is there a stand out? I would suggest the AKG 701 as a stand out, but they are the only expensive headphones I've used. What is/are the most comfortable pair of headphones you have ever worn?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 10/10/11
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/10/11
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 10/10/11
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 10/10/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/10/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 10/10/11
- productSennheiser HD 555 Headphonestagged by System, 10/10/11
- productSony mdr xb 1000tagged by System, 10/10/11
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 10/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Going Audiophile For Gaming! Last post on 7/4/13 at 4:37pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- n00b advice (Ultrasone 900) Last post on 10/5/11 at 2:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cost VS. SQ Improvement Last post on 9/18/11 at 12:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Great lil on-ear headphone but a lil bit uncomfortable on ear. Not for someone who loves heavy bass but good for seeking clarity ;) My opinion, my first AKG product. Tried the AKG Y50 but to me,...
In Ears Prophile 8 IEM review January 2017 Intro I had heard of In Ears but did not know too much about them until I see them on the In-Ear stand at the Indulgence show in London...
MrZ's Toneking Musicmaker TingThe review that swayed me to get on-boardhttp://www.head-fi.org/products/musicmaker-ting/reviews/15584The slightly down-line 1/2 price...
Shozy has kindly provided me a review unit in exchange for the honest opinion. They are in active use for about 6 months. I should first note that my experience with IEM is a bit limited by now, so...
INTRODUCTION: I would like to thank @Jack Vang of Empire Ears, for the discount on my purchase of the Zeus-XIV-ADEL Custom IEM and for giving me the opportunity to review the IEM. I would also...
What is the most comfortable headphones you've worn?post #1 of 15910/7/11 at 11:49amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 15910/7/11 at 11:51ampost #3 of 15910/7/11 at 12:07pmpost #4 of 15910/7/11 at 12:08pmpost #5 of 15910/7/11 at 12:10pmpost #6 of 15910/7/11 at 12:17pmpost #7 of 15910/7/11 at 12:19pmpost #8 of 15910/7/11 at 12:22pmpost #9 of 15910/7/11 at 12:23pmpost #10 of 15910/7/11 at 12:29pm
I haven't worn very many headphones, but the Stax Lambda is the most comfortable I've had yet, even outdoing Audio-Technica.
Pads could be a bit better, but taping bits of microfiber cloth over the contact areas helps a lot. Maybe getting some genuine leather pads of the sort found on the SR-404 Limited and SR-507 would also help. (If only Stax had velour pads...)post #11 of 15910/7/11 at 12:46pm
i find my hifimans more comfortable than both denons i've owned, but i do have a larger than average head, so maybe it's that? also have a strong neck so i don't really notice the weight. Headband in particular is nice, denons would hurt the top of my head after a couple hours.post #12 of 15910/7/11 at 12:53pmpost #13 of 15910/7/11 at 1:01pmpost #14 of 15910/7/11 at 1:02pmpost #15 of 15910/7/11 at 1:05pm
In ranked order:
1) Sennheiser HD800
2) Stax SR-007mkII
3) HiFiMAN HE-300
4) HiFiMAN HE-500
5) HiFiMAN HE-6
89) AKG K26P
103) Koss Porta Pro
So simple, yet so complicated. :)
Edited by Loevhagen - 10/7/11 at 1:16pm
- What is the most comfortable headphones you've worn?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › NEW REVIEW: Final Audio Piano Forte II 29 seconds ago
- › Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread 46 seconds ago
- › "Open Alpha" T50 3D printed headphone project from MrSpeakers 47 seconds ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 49 seconds ago
- › Fostex new RP headphones - T50RPmk3, T40RPmk3 and T20RPmk3 49 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 2 minutes ago
- › The EU deals thread! 2 minutes ago
- › USB Strikes Back! Watch out AOIP - USB/Ethernet Chain beats All... 3 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio Micro iTube2 Buffer 3 minutes ago
- › Placebophile Cat 8 Ethernet Cable 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K403 by IkuMiku96
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by FortisFlyer75
- › MusicMaker Ting by Redcarmoose
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear