I know the AKG 701/702 and the Sennheiser HD 800, HD 650, HD 600, HD 598 are suppose to be very comfortable, but is there a stand out? I would suggest the AKG 701 as a stand out, but they are the only expensive headphones I've used. What is/are the most comfortable pair of headphones you have ever worn?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 10/10/11
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/10/11
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 10/10/11
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 10/10/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/10/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 10/10/11
- productSennheiser HD 555 Headphonestagged by System, 10/10/11
- productSony mdr xb 1000tagged by System, 10/10/11
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 10/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Going Audiophile For Gaming! Last post on 7/4/13 at 4:37pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- n00b advice (Ultrasone 900) Last post on 10/5/11 at 2:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cost VS. SQ Improvement Last post on 9/18/11 at 12:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
These were my first pair of cans that I consider my baptism of audiophile stuff. I used them with Fiio E10 as dac and Schiit Asgard as amp. Yes, they sounded good, but not as good as my...
The joys of reviewing a favorite product have eluded yours truly, until the T20 from RHA (Reid & Heath Acoustics) came along, supplied for review by my good friends at Headphone Zone...
A few years back, my family and I underwent a rather large home renovation (including not having a kitchen for 10 weeks; suffice it to say I was sick of take-out food after the summer of 2014). As...
INTRO I purchased these headphones on a whim out of curiosity as the design looked really cool and also I wanted to see what Audioquest might be thinking with their first foray in to headphones...
The Soundmagic E80 was purchased by me from Penon Audio. I’m not in any way affiliated with Penon Audio or Soundmagic. The price was $69 when I bought them and this is where I ordered them...
What is the most comfortable headphones you've worn?post #1 of 15810/7/11 at 11:49amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 15810/7/11 at 11:51ampost #3 of 15810/7/11 at 12:07pmpost #4 of 15810/7/11 at 12:08pmpost #5 of 15810/7/11 at 12:10pmpost #6 of 15810/7/11 at 12:17pmpost #7 of 15810/7/11 at 12:19pmpost #8 of 15810/7/11 at 12:22pmpost #9 of 15810/7/11 at 12:23pmpost #10 of 15810/7/11 at 12:29pm
I haven't worn very many headphones, but the Stax Lambda is the most comfortable I've had yet, even outdoing Audio-Technica.
Pads could be a bit better, but taping bits of microfiber cloth over the contact areas helps a lot. Maybe getting some genuine leather pads of the sort found on the SR-404 Limited and SR-507 would also help. (If only Stax had velour pads...)post #11 of 15810/7/11 at 12:46pm
i find my hifimans more comfortable than both denons i've owned, but i do have a larger than average head, so maybe it's that? also have a strong neck so i don't really notice the weight. Headband in particular is nice, denons would hurt the top of my head after a couple hours.post #12 of 15810/7/11 at 12:53pmpost #13 of 15810/7/11 at 1:01pmpost #14 of 15810/7/11 at 1:02pmpost #15 of 15810/7/11 at 1:05pm
In ranked order:
1) Sennheiser HD800
2) Stax SR-007mkII
3) HiFiMAN HE-300
4) HiFiMAN HE-500
5) HiFiMAN HE-6
89) AKG K26P
103) Koss Porta Pro
So simple, yet so complicated. :)
Edited by Loevhagen - 10/7/11 at 1:16pm
- What is the most comfortable headphones you've worn?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › New Audio-gd DAC-19 [10th Anniversary Edition] 1 minute ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 5 minutes ago
- › Vape-Fi 5 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 6 minutes ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 7 minutes ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 8 minutes ago
- › New UK Head-fi'er. 13 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 14 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call) 15 minutes ago
- › beyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphones by Meirelles
- › RHA T20 by ShreyasMax
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 by MacedonianHero
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Mediahound
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by peter123
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by LAmitchell
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ade_hall
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3