Awesome. Thanks Jeff. Here's hoping we get a review (or several) soon. What do you say, Jude?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 10/7/11
- productSennheiser RS170 Digital Wireless Headphone Systemtagged by System, 10/19/11
- productSennheiser RS 180 Wireless headphones with docking stationtagged by System, 10/10/11
- productSennheiser RS 220tagged by System, 10/7/11
- productSennheiser RS 220 Headphonetagged by System, 3/7/13
- categoryWirelesstagged by System, 10/7/11
Related Forum Threads
- is HDR 170 have compatibility with RS 180 transmitter? Last post on 5/29/12 at 2:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- 5.1 Surround Sound Headphones? Help! Last post on 8/28/11 at 11:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- SR 170/180 Headphone & Denon AMP Last post on 6/5/11 at 5:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- What should I select Last post on 4/6/11 at 7:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendation for wireless headphone Last post on 4/2/11 at 12:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: Yesterday
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 7/3/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is a review of the upcoming FiiO X1 digital audio player (DAP). Until my first experience with X5, a little over half a year ago, I used to refer to all dedicated audio players as "mp3"...
It's annoying because I didn't read the manual so I naturally fitted the SE215's wrong, and then looked at videos and found the right fit. The SE215 lack bass with the foam tips, so I put on the...
Before I get started, I’d like to thank the team at Audiofly and Billy from Noisy Motel for making this tour possible. I know that the AF140s have received some criticism so far which is always a...
Disclaimer: I received my R3s for free under the condition I would write a review for them. Purchase price reflects their going rate on a popular online retailer at the time of the review. The...
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Sennheiser RS220 Availability? - Page 5post #61 of 4571/11/12 at 1:52pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 4571/11/12 at 3:25pm
this seems pretty cool... will wait till its available on amazon though and to hear more impressions of head-fiers that had used it... really like the idea of no cords.post #63 of 4571/12/12 at 2:13pm
I've been following the HD700 thread. I don't suppose I should be surprised at all the excitement over a new high-end Sennheiser headphone, and I understand wireless cans just don't have the same 'cred' as wired phones. Still, I am a little disappointed that the RS220 hasn't even been mentioned in all the CES talk, as far as I can see. Is that because Sennheiser didn't do a preview program like it did with the HD700, or is it just because wireless cans don't get any respect? Or both? Given that the HD700 isn't due out until March, but we should be seeing the RS220 in another few weeks, it would be really nice to get some input from those who have had a chance to check it out.post #64 of 4571/12/12 at 9:32pm
Looks like I may have spoken too early. Just saw that Jude posted a little bit about the RS 220 yesterday on his Youtube channel.post #65 of 4571/13/12 at 8:09am
Wow, The guy in the video says "We took the sennheiser hd 650 transducer...", does it mean RS220 has hd650 transducer? If so I wonder why 150 ohm like hd700 and not 300 ohm like hd650 of impedancepost #66 of 4571/13/12 at 12:14pmpost #67 of 4571/13/12 at 12:57pmQuote:
Hopefully it won't be that long. Then again, in the video Quarre said that although "it will be here in the next couple of weeks," it could take up to six weeks to make its way through the distribution channels in the U.S. That would be late February, early March. On the bright side, they are currently producing it, so at least there won't be any more production delays...hopefully. At the current time, Amazon doesn't even acknowledge its existence, and Crutchfield lists the ship date as 'uncertain.' The wait's not over yet, obviously.post #68 of 4571/13/12 at 9:47pmpost #69 of 4571/14/12 at 1:19amQuote:
same questions here..post #70 of 4571/14/12 at 3:20pmQuote:
The user manual is posted on their website in PDF format. The batteries are NiMH rechargeable AAA. They are replaceable, and standard AAA batteries can also be used. It doesn't provide much information about the amplifier, other than basic power consumption specs, and there is nothing about the DAC.
One thing I'm curious about is where the actual D/A conversion is taking place. Obviously since the transmission is digital, the headphones themselves are converting a digital signal into an analog one. However, is there a separate D/A conversion happening in the transmitter? In other words, if you are using a digital input (co-axial or optical), does the transmitter send the unconverted digital signal directly to the heaphones, which then convert it? Or does the transmitter do the D/A conversion of the input signal, then do a separate A/D conversion for the purposes of transmission, which then results in a second D/A conversion by the headphones?
The manual doesn't address this, although it does say that the system modulation is digital at 16-bit/48kHz, suggesting at the least there has to be some upconversion of a redbook signal prior to transmission. It also indicates the headphones might not be ideal for formats like SACD or hi-res FLAC, since ultimately the signal will have to pass through a 16/48 bottleneck. That doesn't personally matter to me, since most of my listening is on CD, or lossless files ripped form CDs. But I could see how it might be a turnoff for some people.
Edited by GiacomoHoldini - 1/14/12 at 3:24pmpost #71 of 4571/14/12 at 8:32pmpost #72 of 4571/15/12 at 3:17amQuote:
Why would RS220 be cheaper than HD650?
Anyway, in my country it costs exactly the same as HD650. Around 470 euros.post #73 of 4571/15/12 at 8:05ampost #74 of 4571/15/12 at 12:10pm
A very interesting question. I have the sleek audio kleer transmiter and works great with the sennheiser RS-180 on the go, even though you look awkward wearing them. It would be a shame to loose that portability with the new RS-220post #75 of 4571/15/12 at 8:24pmQuote:
You can find the HD 650 for under $400 easily. I bought mine directly from Amazon for $359.
- Sennheiser RS220 Availability?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)
- › CanOpener? 17 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 56 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio L2 1 minute ago
- › Best portable amplifier for use with iPhone/iPod and Macbook laptop? 1 minute ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 1 minute ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Brand new Fiio E12 - Battery not lasting more than 3 hours max... 3 minutes ago
- › HM-901 3 minutes ago
- › Divine Moments in Music 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)