Awesome. Thanks Jeff. Here's hoping we get a review (or several) soon. What do you say, Jude?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 10/7/11
- productSennheiser RS170 Digital Wireless Headphone Systemtagged by System, 10/19/11
- productSennheiser RS 180 Wireless headphones with docking stationtagged by System, 10/10/11
- productSennheiser RS 220tagged by System, 10/7/11
- productSennheiser RS 220 Headphonetagged by System, 3/7/13
- categoryWirelesstagged by System, 10/7/11
Related Forum Threads
- is HDR 170 have compatibility with RS 180 transmitter? Last post on 5/29/12 at 2:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- 5.1 Surround Sound Headphones? Help! Last post on 8/28/11 at 11:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- SR 170/180 Headphone & Denon AMP Last post on 6/5/11 at 5:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- What should I select Last post on 4/6/11 at 7:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendation for wireless headphone Last post on 4/2/11 at 12:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 12/7/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
My wife returned from two weeks in Japan today. While I was glad to see her after time apart, and excited to have her back, a part of me was more excited about what she had brought with her: my...
I bought this headphone amp after having met Ray Samuels at a Headphone show. He made it absolutely clear how much he valued over-engineering his pieces and how much he prioritized long term...
I use this Headphone amp with my V-Moda M-100's. The 100's are just too "dark" without something to mitigate on the top octave's behalf. The OLED display is bright clean and easy to read. (A...
Build, Overall Usage: I have Sennheiser RS 130 for over 8 years now (and still lasting!) which says enough about their durability, and which is the most thing fascinating for me, I haven't...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank CTC Audio for providing me with a review sample of T-Peos Baguette IEMs in exchange for my honest opinion. This IEM is available at...
Sennheiser RS220 Availability? - Page 5post #61 of 4741/11/12 at 1:52pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 4741/11/12 at 3:25pmpost #63 of 4741/12/12 at 2:13pm
I've been following the HD700 thread. I don't suppose I should be surprised at all the excitement over a new high-end Sennheiser headphone, and I understand wireless cans just don't have the same 'cred' as wired phones. Still, I am a little disappointed that the RS220 hasn't even been mentioned in all the CES talk, as far as I can see. Is that because Sennheiser didn't do a preview program like it did with the HD700, or is it just because wireless cans don't get any respect? Or both? Given that the HD700 isn't due out until March, but we should be seeing the RS220 in another few weeks, it would be really nice to get some input from those who have had a chance to check it out.post #64 of 4741/12/12 at 9:32pm
Looks like I may have spoken too early. Just saw that Jude posted a little bit about the RS 220 yesterday on his Youtube channel.post #65 of 4741/13/12 at 8:09am
Wow, The guy in the video says "We took the sennheiser hd 650 transducer...", does it mean RS220 has hd650 transducer? If so I wonder why 150 ohm like hd700 and not 300 ohm like hd650 of impedancepost #66 of 4741/13/12 at 12:14pmpost #67 of 4741/13/12 at 12:57pmQuote:
Hopefully it won't be that long. Then again, in the video Quarre said that although "it will be here in the next couple of weeks," it could take up to six weeks to make its way through the distribution channels in the U.S. That would be late February, early March. On the bright side, they are currently producing it, so at least there won't be any more production delays...hopefully. At the current time, Amazon doesn't even acknowledge its existence, and Crutchfield lists the ship date as 'uncertain.' The wait's not over yet, obviously.post #68 of 4741/13/12 at 9:47pmpost #69 of 4741/14/12 at 1:19amQuote:
same questions here..post #70 of 4741/14/12 at 3:20pmQuote:
The user manual is posted on their website in PDF format. The batteries are NiMH rechargeable AAA. They are replaceable, and standard AAA batteries can also be used. It doesn't provide much information about the amplifier, other than basic power consumption specs, and there is nothing about the DAC.
One thing I'm curious about is where the actual D/A conversion is taking place. Obviously since the transmission is digital, the headphones themselves are converting a digital signal into an analog one. However, is there a separate D/A conversion happening in the transmitter? In other words, if you are using a digital input (co-axial or optical), does the transmitter send the unconverted digital signal directly to the heaphones, which then convert it? Or does the transmitter do the D/A conversion of the input signal, then do a separate A/D conversion for the purposes of transmission, which then results in a second D/A conversion by the headphones?
The manual doesn't address this, although it does say that the system modulation is digital at 16-bit/48kHz, suggesting at the least there has to be some upconversion of a redbook signal prior to transmission. It also indicates the headphones might not be ideal for formats like SACD or hi-res FLAC, since ultimately the signal will have to pass through a 16/48 bottleneck. That doesn't personally matter to me, since most of my listening is on CD, or lossless files ripped form CDs. But I could see how it might be a turnoff for some people.
Edited by GiacomoHoldini - 1/14/12 at 3:24pmpost #71 of 4741/14/12 at 8:32pmpost #72 of 4741/15/12 at 3:17amQuote:
Why would RS220 be cheaper than HD650?
Anyway, in my country it costs exactly the same as HD650. Around 470 euros.post #73 of 4741/15/12 at 8:05ampost #74 of 4741/15/12 at 12:10pm
A very interesting question. I have the sleek audio kleer transmiter and works great with the sennheiser RS-180 on the go, even though you look awkward wearing them. It would be a shame to loose that portability with the new RS-220post #75 of 4741/15/12 at 8:24pmQuote:
You can find the HD 650 for under $400 easily. I bought mine directly from Amazon for $359.
- Sennheiser RS220 Availability?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 1 minute ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.2 2 minutes ago
- › ODAC gaming 4 minutes ago
- › Budget amp for HD 598 and DT 880 Pro 6 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 7 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 8 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 8 minutes ago
- › Rumor: New Sennheiser Flagship to be surfaced ........ soon 8 minutes ago
- › Portable speaker as big as possible 10 minutes ago
- › The All-New WA7 Fireflies from Woo Audio 11 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2