Awesome. Thanks Jeff. Here's hoping we get a review (or several) soon. What do you say, Jude?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 10/7/11
- productSennheiser RS170 Digital Wireless Headphone Systemtagged by System, 10/19/11
- productSennheiser RS 180 Wireless headphones with docking stationtagged by System, 10/10/11
- productSennheiser RS 220tagged by System, 10/7/11
- productSennheiser RS 220 Headphonetagged by System, 3/7/13
- categoryWirelesstagged by System, 10/7/11
Related Forum Threads
- is HDR 170 have compatibility with RS 180 transmitter? Last post on 5/29/12 at 2:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- 5.1 Surround Sound Headphones? Help! Last post on 8/28/11 at 11:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- SR 170/180 Headphone & Denon AMP Last post on 6/5/11 at 5:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- What should I select Last post on 4/6/11 at 7:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendation for wireless headphone Last post on 4/2/11 at 12:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 8/14/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 7/3/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
Sennheiser RS220 Availability? - Page 5post #61 of 4571/11/12 at 1:52pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 4571/11/12 at 3:25pm
this seems pretty cool... will wait till its available on amazon though and to hear more impressions of head-fiers that had used it... really like the idea of no cords.post #63 of 4571/12/12 at 2:13pm
I've been following the HD700 thread. I don't suppose I should be surprised at all the excitement over a new high-end Sennheiser headphone, and I understand wireless cans just don't have the same 'cred' as wired phones. Still, I am a little disappointed that the RS220 hasn't even been mentioned in all the CES talk, as far as I can see. Is that because Sennheiser didn't do a preview program like it did with the HD700, or is it just because wireless cans don't get any respect? Or both? Given that the HD700 isn't due out until March, but we should be seeing the RS220 in another few weeks, it would be really nice to get some input from those who have had a chance to check it out.post #64 of 4571/12/12 at 9:32pm
Looks like I may have spoken too early. Just saw that Jude posted a little bit about the RS 220 yesterday on his Youtube channel.post #65 of 4571/13/12 at 8:09am
Wow, The guy in the video says "We took the sennheiser hd 650 transducer...", does it mean RS220 has hd650 transducer? If so I wonder why 150 ohm like hd700 and not 300 ohm like hd650 of impedancepost #66 of 4571/13/12 at 12:14pmpost #67 of 4571/13/12 at 12:57pmQuote:
Hopefully it won't be that long. Then again, in the video Quarre said that although "it will be here in the next couple of weeks," it could take up to six weeks to make its way through the distribution channels in the U.S. That would be late February, early March. On the bright side, they are currently producing it, so at least there won't be any more production delays...hopefully. At the current time, Amazon doesn't even acknowledge its existence, and Crutchfield lists the ship date as 'uncertain.' The wait's not over yet, obviously.post #68 of 4571/13/12 at 9:47pmpost #69 of 4571/14/12 at 1:19amQuote:
same questions here..post #70 of 4571/14/12 at 3:20pmQuote:
The user manual is posted on their website in PDF format. The batteries are NiMH rechargeable AAA. They are replaceable, and standard AAA batteries can also be used. It doesn't provide much information about the amplifier, other than basic power consumption specs, and there is nothing about the DAC.
One thing I'm curious about is where the actual D/A conversion is taking place. Obviously since the transmission is digital, the headphones themselves are converting a digital signal into an analog one. However, is there a separate D/A conversion happening in the transmitter? In other words, if you are using a digital input (co-axial or optical), does the transmitter send the unconverted digital signal directly to the heaphones, which then convert it? Or does the transmitter do the D/A conversion of the input signal, then do a separate A/D conversion for the purposes of transmission, which then results in a second D/A conversion by the headphones?
The manual doesn't address this, although it does say that the system modulation is digital at 16-bit/48kHz, suggesting at the least there has to be some upconversion of a redbook signal prior to transmission. It also indicates the headphones might not be ideal for formats like SACD or hi-res FLAC, since ultimately the signal will have to pass through a 16/48 bottleneck. That doesn't personally matter to me, since most of my listening is on CD, or lossless files ripped form CDs. But I could see how it might be a turnoff for some people.
Edited by GiacomoHoldini - 1/14/12 at 3:24pmpost #71 of 4571/14/12 at 8:32pmpost #72 of 4571/15/12 at 3:17amQuote:
Why would RS220 be cheaper than HD650?
Anyway, in my country it costs exactly the same as HD650. Around 470 euros.post #73 of 4571/15/12 at 8:05ampost #74 of 4571/15/12 at 12:10pm
A very interesting question. I have the sleek audio kleer transmiter and works great with the sennheiser RS-180 on the go, even though you look awkward wearing them. It would be a shame to loose that portability with the new RS-220post #75 of 4571/15/12 at 8:24pmQuote:
You can find the HD 650 for under $400 easily. I bought mine directly from Amazon for $359.
- Sennheiser RS220 Availability?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › Colorado 2014 Summer Meet 1 minute ago
- › Looking for reccomendation of a trusted user that can recable for me? 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Dog-fi 4 minutes ago
- › Long awaited Smyth SVS Realiser NOW AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE 4 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 558 Sound Questions + <$50 Sound Card 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)