Awesome. Thanks Jeff. Here's hoping we get a review (or several) soon. What do you say, Jude?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 10/7/11
- productSennheiser RS170 Digital Wireless Headphone Systemtagged by System, 10/19/11
- productSennheiser RS 180 Wireless headphones with docking stationtagged by System, 10/10/11
- productSennheiser RS 220tagged by System, 10/7/11
- productSennheiser RS 220 Headphonetagged by System, 3/7/13
- categoryWirelesstagged by System, 10/7/11
Related Forum Threads
- is HDR 170 have compatibility with RS 180 transmitter? Last post on 5/29/12 at 2:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- 5.1 Surround Sound Headphones? Help! Last post on 8/28/11 at 11:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- SR 170/180 Headphone & Denon AMP Last post on 6/5/11 at 5:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- What should I select Last post on 4/6/11 at 7:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendation for wireless headphone Last post on 4/2/11 at 12:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 12/7/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
sorry my English is Google translate The sound of these hifiman immediately like it or hate it. They have a strong character, perfect bass, brilliant highs, medium tone mind incorrect. A few years...
sorry my English is Google translate I bought this machine to see if such facilities exist hifi quality level beyond which the feeling of fidelity sound becomes real. Unfortunately, I'm afraid I...
Thanks to FiiO for the loaner unit. If there is a brand other than Apple that is more well-known at Head-Fi than FiiO I’d be very surprised. A number of their products have become pretty...
T-Peos were kind enough to organize a T-Peos Altone 350 (I'll refer to it as A350) unit for a private head-fi Australian review tour . Previously, we arranged tour units via T-Peos (e.g. with...
This review is a summary section of In-Depth Review I posted here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/765004/audio-technica-ath-r70x-in-depth-review-impressions Please visit the link above for more...
Sennheiser RS220 Availability? - Page 5post #61 of 4691/11/12 at 1:52pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 4691/11/12 at 3:25pmpost #63 of 4691/12/12 at 2:13pm
I've been following the HD700 thread. I don't suppose I should be surprised at all the excitement over a new high-end Sennheiser headphone, and I understand wireless cans just don't have the same 'cred' as wired phones. Still, I am a little disappointed that the RS220 hasn't even been mentioned in all the CES talk, as far as I can see. Is that because Sennheiser didn't do a preview program like it did with the HD700, or is it just because wireless cans don't get any respect? Or both? Given that the HD700 isn't due out until March, but we should be seeing the RS220 in another few weeks, it would be really nice to get some input from those who have had a chance to check it out.post #64 of 4691/12/12 at 9:32pm
Looks like I may have spoken too early. Just saw that Jude posted a little bit about the RS 220 yesterday on his Youtube channel.post #65 of 4691/13/12 at 8:09am
Wow, The guy in the video says "We took the sennheiser hd 650 transducer...", does it mean RS220 has hd650 transducer? If so I wonder why 150 ohm like hd700 and not 300 ohm like hd650 of impedancepost #66 of 4691/13/12 at 12:14pmpost #67 of 4691/13/12 at 12:57pmQuote:
Hopefully it won't be that long. Then again, in the video Quarre said that although "it will be here in the next couple of weeks," it could take up to six weeks to make its way through the distribution channels in the U.S. That would be late February, early March. On the bright side, they are currently producing it, so at least there won't be any more production delays...hopefully. At the current time, Amazon doesn't even acknowledge its existence, and Crutchfield lists the ship date as 'uncertain.' The wait's not over yet, obviously.post #68 of 4691/13/12 at 9:47pmpost #69 of 4691/14/12 at 1:19amQuote:
same questions here..post #70 of 4691/14/12 at 3:20pmQuote:
The user manual is posted on their website in PDF format. The batteries are NiMH rechargeable AAA. They are replaceable, and standard AAA batteries can also be used. It doesn't provide much information about the amplifier, other than basic power consumption specs, and there is nothing about the DAC.
One thing I'm curious about is where the actual D/A conversion is taking place. Obviously since the transmission is digital, the headphones themselves are converting a digital signal into an analog one. However, is there a separate D/A conversion happening in the transmitter? In other words, if you are using a digital input (co-axial or optical), does the transmitter send the unconverted digital signal directly to the heaphones, which then convert it? Or does the transmitter do the D/A conversion of the input signal, then do a separate A/D conversion for the purposes of transmission, which then results in a second D/A conversion by the headphones?
The manual doesn't address this, although it does say that the system modulation is digital at 16-bit/48kHz, suggesting at the least there has to be some upconversion of a redbook signal prior to transmission. It also indicates the headphones might not be ideal for formats like SACD or hi-res FLAC, since ultimately the signal will have to pass through a 16/48 bottleneck. That doesn't personally matter to me, since most of my listening is on CD, or lossless files ripped form CDs. But I could see how it might be a turnoff for some people.
Edited by GiacomoHoldini - 1/14/12 at 3:24pmpost #71 of 4691/14/12 at 8:32pmpost #72 of 4691/15/12 at 3:17amQuote:
Why would RS220 be cheaper than HD650?
Anyway, in my country it costs exactly the same as HD650. Around 470 euros.post #73 of 4691/15/12 at 8:05ampost #74 of 4691/15/12 at 12:10pm
A very interesting question. I have the sleek audio kleer transmiter and works great with the sennheiser RS-180 on the go, even though you look awkward wearing them. It would be a shame to loose that portability with the new RS-220post #75 of 4691/15/12 at 8:24pmQuote:
You can find the HD 650 for under $400 easily. I bought mine directly from Amazon for $359.
- Sennheiser RS220 Availability?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 1 minute ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 1 minute ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 1 minute ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 1 minute ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Skeptico Saloon: An Objectivist Joint 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 3 minutes ago
- › Yamaha EPH-100 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by 1Infinity
- › Audio-gd NFB-28 by 1Infinity
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by Currawong
- › T-Peos Altone 350 Hybrid 3 driver IEM by svyr
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by earfonia
- › Topping NX1 Earphone Headphone Portable Stereo MP3 Amplifier by DJScope
- › Minerva Mi-Performer Pro Silicone Custom IEM by CantScareMe
- › Sony MH1 Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphones by sbcontt
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by originalsnuffy
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by matinsoroudi
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2