Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser RS220 Availability?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser RS220 Availability? - Page 31

post #451 of 461

I've the RS180 and have the volume adjusted to be pretty loud (via the headset volume controls). I've had it on this volume setting for a couple weeks of use with no problems, but after that I could hear loud noise. The noise would go away if I lower the headphones' volume. So the noise randomly decided to appear after a certain period. Note that I'm listening to the same stuff so it's not the source that's the problem, can only be the headphones. What do you make of this? Anyone run into something similar?

 

I couldn't fix it so I ordered the RS220. Received it today and tested it on high volume, works perfectly with no issues. However, what's the chances of running into the same problem and noise suddenly decides to appear like it did with the RS180?


Edited by Stanfoo - 2/7/14 at 6:20pm
post #452 of 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj nellie View Post
 

Finally, my RS 220s make a light, high-pitched microphonic noise that can be heard when music isn't playing.  I can't figure out what is causing this.

 

did u ever fix this or figure out why its doing it

post #453 of 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanfoo View Post
 

I've the RS180 and have the volume adjusted to be pretty loud (via the headset volume controls). I've had it on this volume setting for a couple weeks of use with no problems, but after that I could hear loud noise. The noise would go away if I lower the headphones' volume. So the noise randomly decided to appear after a certain period. Note that I'm listening to the same stuff so it's not the source that's the problem, can only be the headphones. What do you make of this? Anyone run into something similar?

 

I couldn't fix it so I ordered the RS220. Received it today and tested it on high volume, works perfectly with no issues. However, what's the chances of running into the same problem and noise suddenly decides to appear like it did with the RS180?


Sennheiser has a pretty good service department.  You should have contacted them to fix the RS180s instead of spending hundreds of dollars on something new (and in fact, you could still do so).

post #454 of 461

What exactly does the "level control" on the back of the transmitter do? Does it change audio volume or the signal quality?

 

Do I need to play around with it to get best SQ or can I just leave it at default?

 

Does it do anything if my audio source output is Optical? It only says for Analogue in the manual.


Edited by Stanfoo - 2/8/14 at 5:51pm
post #455 of 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanfoo View Post
 

What exactly does the "level control" on the back of the transmitter do? Does it change audio volume or the signal quality?

[...]

Does it do anything if my audio source output is Optical? It only says for Analogue in the manual.

I belive it is an attenuator for the analog input only, and doesn't do anything with digital input (because it isn't necessary as described in the next paragraph). You can easily check this yourself by connecting one source to each input and turn the "level control" up and down while you play something from the selected input.

 

If I remember correctly, the manual says something about using the "level control" if the analog signal is too high and hence gives distortion in the RS 220. This isn't a possible problem with digital signals because they have a standardized maximum level (0 dBFS).

post #456 of 461

Hi There ,

 

I am using 10 of the RS 160 and i came to know the sleep issue , can you help me with a solution ?

 

Thanks

post #457 of 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by makar View Post
 

I am using 10 of the RS 160

 

What do you mean with this statement? Do you have 10 units of Sennheiser RS 160?

post #458 of 461

I want to get some of these to use with my TV, will it be fine with a Digital Audio Out (Optical) from the TV into the RS220 stand?

 

My TV doesn't have any coaxial options!

post #459 of 461
Since the RS220 looks to be discontinued, you guys think there will be a sucessor?
post #460 of 461

Is the RS220 discontinued now? If so, where will we be able to buy additional headphones?

post #461 of 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider View Post
 

Is the RS220 discontinued now? If so, where will we be able to buy additional headphones?

Hi Sgt_Strider,

 

You may still get or order your HDR 220 from any of our offices. Click HERE for the link of our global offices.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser RS220 Availability?