Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Gear-Fi: Non-Audio Gear and Gadgets › My Message to Apple....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My Message to Apple....

post #1 of 110
Thread Starter 

Hey guys I was planning on sending a short, sweet, and to the point letter to Apple simply saying this.

 

Congratulations,

The iPhone 4S has a camera that astounds even professional photographers.

Now, can you make the sound astound even audiophiles?

Sincerely,

(The Head-Fi Community followed by a bunch of signatures that I hope to get from you guys)

 

The parentheses at the end explain themselves but I am not going to send this without it being accompanied by something like 1,000 signatures (virtual of course.)

And as far as having it say Head-Fi community I'm not going to say that without approval from Jude because that would be illegal.

Maybe we could even get a big piece of paper at CanJam for signatures.

Anyway you guys comment, hype this, get some virtual signatures, and help me improve this because I am serious about this and want to have a major impact on Apple and seriously get some decent equipment in their iPhones and iPods.

 

Thanks for your help guys and for just reading this,

Peace,

Pwn3r4Life

post #2 of 110

Apple wouldn't care. We are minorities and Apple only cared about the looks/speed/camera of the device.

post #3 of 110

Nope.
I currently have an IPhone 4

The new IPhone 4S is a joke.

Samsung are probably lolling in their seats

lollololloliphonewhat?

 

Apple have lost their communications prestige, bring on the nexus prime.

post #4 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendaryLvl1 View Post

Nope.I currently have an IPhone 4

The new IPhone 4S is a joke.

Samsung are probably lolling in their seats

lollololloliphonewhat?

 

Apple have lost their communications prestige, bring on the nexus prime.


Well not exactly a joke, but now they're the same as everybody else. It's just not special anymore.

post #5 of 110

Don't forget that the iPod classic is now being discontinued...only Apple product I would buy honestly

post #6 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGOelfke View Post

Don't forget that the iPod classic is now being discontinued...only Apple product I would buy honestly


It's not being upgraded anytime soon but it's still in production (no official discontinuation yet). biggrin.gif

 

post #7 of 110
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendaryLvl1 View Post

Nope.I currently have an IPhone 4

The new IPhone 4S is a joke.

Samsung are probably lolling in their seats

lollololloliphonewhat?

 

Apple have lost their communications prestige, bring on the nexus prime.


TBH I thought exactly the same thing when I first checked Apple's website, all I could think of was REALLY ARE YOU F****** KIDDING ME 18 MONTHS WITH NOTHING AND I GET THIS!!!!

Then I watched the ENTIRE keynote and the improvements that they made really are more than meets the eye. The graphics card obviously, the processor, more obviousness, Siri is well worth the wait if it performs as awesome as they say it does (rare with voice control only good one is Ford SYNC),  and the camera.

Like you said we are a minority but then again so are professional photographers or enthusiasts who actually know what all the specs and improvements meant for the camera before displaying them. There truly is an audiophile in all of us, I know for a fact that most of us on this website know that. I also know that most of us on this site are here to help others become and learn more about audioness (not a real word). I convinced my friend who kind of likes music to get a pair of Klipsch S4a when they get released just by letting him listen to my IE7. The audio improvements I dream of are something that I know only people who know what I am talking about would care about. And the majority of people would care about it once Apple brought it to those idiots (for lack of a nicer term) in a simple manner. I'm not saying they need to build Klipsch speakers into their phone and add a DAC amp combo. I just want them to put something like a little better speakers in their phone and maybe an HD sound card. It doesn't sound like a lot but knowing Apple they can find some way to make it huge.

And for those who still think we are the minority. Look at all those people who own Bose or Beats anything. They are striving to have the best quality possible and the reason those are their favorite is because they think it is the best out there for the price. They strive for the best but are just mislead. There is an audiophile in all of us.

post #8 of 110

Good of you to share your business acumen. I am sure Apple appreciates the message and perspective of a kid living in his parents basement.dt880smile.png  This place just gets funnier and funnier.

post #9 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwn3r4Life View Post

And for those who still think we are the minority. Look at all those people who own Bose or Beats anything. They are striving to have the best quality possible and the reason those are their favorite is because they think it is the best out there for the price. They strive for the best but are just mislead. There is an audiophile in all of us.


Yes, but the people who use Bose or Beats is just going to stop there. Even people with iBuds think it has the best sound quality. When the majority of the people doesn't complain about the DAC in the iPhone, Apple would go with "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

 

post #10 of 110

@Pwn3r4Life

 

I'm guessing this is a joke - in spite of the:

 

 

Quote:
because I am serious about this and want to have a major impact on Apple and seriously get some decent equipment in their iPhones and iPods

 

First thing I'd do is take off  "The Head-Fi Community followed by a bunch of signatures that I hope to get from you guys".  There is no way the entire Head-Fi community is behind this.  The current  iPhone4 actually has decent SQ - it also measures pretty well also.  I've never been disappointed with it - especially LOD to an external amp.  In fact my current set-up using either iPod4 or iPhone4 to LOD to PortaTube to HD600s has pretty much stopped me looking for further gains transportably.  Even straight to my B2s from the headphone out (ultra-portable) is very satisfactory.

 

I'm not a rabid Apple fan either - I use Linux at home, and the iPod/iPhone is my only Apple product.

 

If you want to hit them up for anything related to SQ - then I'd agree with the crap onboard EQ and EQ presets - but if you use either the Equ App or Equaliser App - this issue is solved.

 

I further note that you have the TouchG3, but no G4 in your profile.  Have you actually heard the iPhone4?  I haven't heard the iPhone 4s - but if the SQ is on par with the iPhone4, I wouldn't have any problem with it.

 

Seriously - what is the point of the Apple bashing.  Especially if you haven't heard the gear.  I moved from Cowon to Apple - and listening flat (I rarely EQ anyway), I couldn't be happier.

post #11 of 110

if steve jobs were there you could email him and he might even reply. he really did care about his customers seriously. hey, il mostro....from the movie? i love that movie!

post #12 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_man View Post

if steve jobs were there you could email him and he might even reply. he really did care about his customers seriously. hey, il mostro....from the movie? i love that movie!



You can call Jonah at (917) 409-7838.  No $hit. He is reportedly answering as many call as he has time for -- needless to say he is a busy guy so it will be tough to get through.  If he doesn't pick up, his voice mail is very funny and totally in character.   Leave a message if you have a sitting job.

post #13 of 110



If Steve jobs were still alive you mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by music_man View Post

if steve jobs were there you could email him and he might even reply. he really did care about his customers seriously. hey, il mostro....from the movie? i love that movie!



 

post #14 of 110
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooko View Post

@Pwn3r4Life

 

I'm guessing this is a joke - in spite of the:

 

 

 

First thing I'd do is take off  "The Head-Fi Community followed by a bunch of signatures that I hope to get from you guys".  There is no way the entire Head-Fi community is behind this.  The current  iPhone4 actually has decent SQ - it also measures pretty well also.  I've never been disappointed with it - especially LOD to an external amp.  In fact my current set-up using either iPod4 or iPhone4 to LOD to PortaTube to HD600s has pretty much stopped me looking for further gains transportably.  Even straight to my B2s from the headphone out (ultra-portable) is very satisfactory.

 

I'm not a rabid Apple fan either - I use Linux at home, and the iPod/iPhone is my only Apple product.

 

If you want to hit them up for anything related to SQ - then I'd agree with the crap onboard EQ and EQ presets - but if you use either the Equ App or Equaliser App - this issue is solved.

 

I further note that you have the TouchG3, but no G4 in your profile.  Have you actually heard the iPhone4?  I haven't heard the iPhone 4s - but if the SQ is on par with the iPhone4, I wouldn't have any problem with it.

 

Seriously - what is the point of the Apple bashing.  Especially if you haven't heard the gear.  I moved from Cowon to Apple - and listening flat (I rarely EQ anyway), I couldn't be happier.


I'm not joking and I own a 3rd gen and use that primarily because of the other things it does besides a music player, I have used my brother's and my dad's iphone 4s as a source and I agree there is a substantial amount of improvement but the truth is it still is not as good as HD sound cards used in computers, and it is also not the best source as far as sound quality output goes.

I love my iPod and it is the only Apple product I wish to own. I'm just saying that sure they could have got by with an iPhone 4s having a normal 8 megapixel camera but they made it do so much more and that was Apple prides themselves in.

 

post #15 of 110
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikp View Post

Yes, but the people who use Bose or Beats is just going to stop there. Even people with iBuds think it has the best sound quality. When the majority of the people doesn't complain about the DAC in the iPhone, Apple would go with "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

 



the majority of people don't even know what DAC is. I know a number of people who use Beats because "they are the best" and have heard countless times "Bose TriPort..... best." No one was complaining about the camera in the iPhone 4, actually it was one of the best in a phone in a long time, but Apple fixed it. Apple is a unique company, although I disagree with some things they do and might seem like a fanboy, I'm not, I was debately for quite some time between getting a Samsung Infuse, Samsung Galaxy S II, or the iPhone 4s.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Gear-Fi: Non-Audio Gear and Gadgets › My Message to Apple....