Hello.. Well, i recently just got the HD650, and currently am driving them with my udac-2. I know they need more power and was wondering what would be better with the HD650: to get the e7/e9 combo or to get the Schiit asgard and use it with my udac-2
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 10/12/11
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 10/12/11
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 10/12/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 10/12/11
- productNuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 10/12/11
- productSchiit Asgard 2tagged by System, 3/7/13
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 10/12/11
Related Forum Threads
- Little Dot MK III vs combo Fiio E7/E9 for Sennheiser HD650, Which is the best? Ideas? Last post on 7/8/13 at 1:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need portable amp with Sennheiser HD650. Need Advice Last post on 8/28/11 at 11:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Request for Headphone Amp Recommendations Last post on 3/24/11 at 11:07am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Fiio E7 vs HiFi-Man EF2A vs Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 vs NuForce Icon uDAC-2 for HD650 Last post on 3/14/11 at 7:51am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Need some help with amplification Last post on 2/14/11 at 8:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
If you told me that my review of a pair of headphones would somehow combine golf, science-fiction, sorcery and a supersonic jet I’d say you’re crazy. But then again if you told me I would...
I have been using the E17 "Alpen" every day for over a year now. It is my go-to device for enjoying music at work, or anywhere other than my home office. So, here are my thoughts: Build...
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
This is a quick unboxing and review of the player. More detailed review coming soon.
e7/e9 OR udac-2/Schiit asgard with HD650post #1 of 1110/5/11 at 2:04pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1110/5/11 at 3:01pmpost #3 of 1110/5/11 at 3:16pm
judging by reviews and impressions, I think the schiit asgard has the edge in the amp section while the udac and e7 seem to be different flavors of sound.
It's a toss up, but I prefer the way power regulation is handled on the Asgard, though this may or may not bear any weight on sound.post #4 of 1110/5/11 at 3:39pmThread Starterpost #5 of 1110/5/11 at 5:01pmpost #6 of 1110/5/11 at 11:25pm
I personally like the Hifiman EF2A with the HD600 and HD650 (I currently own the HD580, which is the poor man's HD600). Great onboard DAC, very transparent and open presentation. It's also relatively inexpensive at $180, and it improves even more with tube rolling (matched, NOS Raytheon tubes can be found on ebay for around $40 a pair).post #7 of 1110/6/11 at 8:00amThread Starterpost #8 of 1110/6/11 at 8:16ampost #9 of 1110/6/11 at 10:53amQuote:
Yeah, I never listened to a Schiit Asgard but I came across when I was researching the forums/internet for a new amp. Seems the amp had some issues when it first came out that were later addressed. Another problem I ran accross was a slight hum when there was nothing playing. Which to my knowledge were fixed.
The one "issue" (if you want to call it that) that has stuck though is it gets a bit hot because the case itself is used as a heatsink, but it never heats up to dangerous levels, in other words you'd never burn your skin or start a fire.
Edited by roker - 10/6/11 at 11:34ampost #10 of 1110/6/11 at 11:23ampost #11 of 1110/6/11 at 2:22pmThread StarterQuote:
well, that little of a price difference is not a concern.. my concern is which will produce the best sound quality.
- e7/e9 OR udac-2/Schiit asgard with HD650
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › "The Lab" 47 seconds ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 2 minutes ago
- › New WESTONE W-SERIES 2 minutes ago
- › Review: Estron Linum BaX --- New IEM Cable for a New Age 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM650 Portable Music Player Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 4 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80 or RHA MA750i? 6 minutes ago
- › Pangea Audio - USB cable - PCOCC & 4% silver - 1.5 Meter by davide256
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2