Hello.. Well, i recently just got the HD650, and currently am driving them with my udac-2. I know they need more power and was wondering what would be better with the HD650: to get the e7/e9 combo or to get the Schiit asgard and use it with my udac-2
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 10/12/11
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 10/12/11
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 10/12/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 10/12/11
- productNuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 10/12/11
- productSchiit Asgard 2tagged by System, 3/7/13
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 10/12/11
Related Forum Threads
- Little Dot MK III vs combo Fiio E7/E9 for Sennheiser HD650, Which is the best? Ideas? Last post on 7/8/13 at 1:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need portable amp with Sennheiser HD650. Need Advice Last post on 8/28/11 at 11:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Request for Headphone Amp Recommendations Last post on 3/24/11 at 11:07am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Fiio E7 vs HiFi-Man EF2A vs Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 vs NuForce Icon uDAC-2 for HD650 Last post on 3/14/11 at 7:51am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Need some help with amplification Last post on 2/14/11 at 8:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Can’t believe nobody has commented on the lack of an extremely basic feature that exists on 99% of MP3 players but missing from this and many other Fiio units — which is the ability to bookmark....
Advanced AcousticWerkes Q: Deceptively Small The AAW Q is an upcoming IEM from Singaporean company Advanced AcousticWerkes, scheduled for release in the first week of September. It boasts a new...
Now that I've heard all the ADEL modules from Asius technologies(what has been released since 8/16), it's even harder to pick a favorite. Some days I want to tune the sound to my unique anatomy,...
I dont want to waste my time writing an essay for something that lasted only 1 or 2 months. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBnJ9zrnhGU My Rant and broken Shures in link above The bass...
e7/e9 OR udac-2/Schiit asgard with HD650post #1 of 1110/5/11 at 2:04pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1110/5/11 at 3:01pmpost #3 of 1110/5/11 at 3:16pm
judging by reviews and impressions, I think the schiit asgard has the edge in the amp section while the udac and e7 seem to be different flavors of sound.
It's a toss up, but I prefer the way power regulation is handled on the Asgard, though this may or may not bear any weight on sound.post #4 of 1110/5/11 at 3:39pmThread Starterpost #5 of 1110/5/11 at 5:01pmpost #6 of 1110/5/11 at 11:25pm
I personally like the Hifiman EF2A with the HD600 and HD650 (I currently own the HD580, which is the poor man's HD600). Great onboard DAC, very transparent and open presentation. It's also relatively inexpensive at $180, and it improves even more with tube rolling (matched, NOS Raytheon tubes can be found on ebay for around $40 a pair).post #7 of 1110/6/11 at 8:00amThread Starterpost #8 of 1110/6/11 at 8:16ampost #9 of 1110/6/11 at 10:53amQuote:
Yeah, I never listened to a Schiit Asgard but I came across when I was researching the forums/internet for a new amp. Seems the amp had some issues when it first came out that were later addressed. Another problem I ran accross was a slight hum when there was nothing playing. Which to my knowledge were fixed.
The one "issue" (if you want to call it that) that has stuck though is it gets a bit hot because the case itself is used as a heatsink, but it never heats up to dangerous levels, in other words you'd never burn your skin or start a fire.
Edited by roker - 10/6/11 at 11:34ampost #10 of 1110/6/11 at 11:23ampost #11 of 1110/6/11 at 2:22pmThread StarterQuote:
well, that little of a price difference is not a concern.. my concern is which will produce the best sound quality.
- e7/e9 OR udac-2/Schiit asgard with HD650
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › LZ-A3 Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sony PHA-3 balanced portable dac/amp 3 minutes ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 3 minutes ago
- › Rhapsodio – A force to be reckoned with 4 minutes ago
- › SchiitShow 2: This Changes Everything 6 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 7 minutes ago
- › New Shure SE215 - First Impressions 7 minutes ago
- › Logitech z623 Vs. Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 7 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions... 8 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by k4rstar
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...