Hello.. Well, i recently just got the HD650, and currently am driving them with my udac-2. I know they need more power and was wondering what would be better with the HD650: to get the e7/e9 combo or to get the Schiit asgard and use it with my udac-2
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 10/12/11
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 10/12/11
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 10/12/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 10/12/11
- productNuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 10/12/11
- productSchiit Asgard 2tagged by System, 3/7/13
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 10/12/11
Related Forum Threads
- Little Dot MK III vs combo Fiio E7/E9 for Sennheiser HD650, Which is the best? Ideas? Last post on 7/8/13 at 1:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need portable amp with Sennheiser HD650. Need Advice Last post on 8/28/11 at 11:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Request for Headphone Amp Recommendations Last post on 3/24/11 at 11:07am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Fiio E7 vs HiFi-Man EF2A vs Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 vs NuForce Icon uDAC-2 for HD650 Last post on 3/14/11 at 7:51am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Need some help with amplification Last post on 2/14/11 at 8:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Never thought this day would come but I guess blunders are inevitable. There is no denying the Beyerdynamic T5p is one attractive looking Headphone, I think it's among the most beautiful and...
I didn't have much expectations when i ordered this headphone from GearBest back in january 2016..it took around 3 weeks to arrive and the packaging was simple. The moment i unpacked the box i got...
Note: I bought the Trinity Phantom Sabre in the pre-order period for ~75€. The Value rating is based on the full retail price of around 150€. Manufacturer website:...
Bluedio Vinyl Plus Bluetooth Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Bluedio for the sample. Full review...
Firstly I would like to thank 1More for sending me this sample to review, I always try to write honest reviews, these received over 50hrs of burn-in before review, no differences were...
e7/e9 OR udac-2/Schiit asgard with HD650post #1 of 1110/5/11 at 2:04pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1110/5/11 at 3:01pmpost #3 of 1110/5/11 at 3:16pm
judging by reviews and impressions, I think the schiit asgard has the edge in the amp section while the udac and e7 seem to be different flavors of sound.
It's a toss up, but I prefer the way power regulation is handled on the Asgard, though this may or may not bear any weight on sound.post #4 of 1110/5/11 at 3:39pmThread Starterpost #5 of 1110/5/11 at 5:01pmpost #6 of 1110/5/11 at 11:25pm
I personally like the Hifiman EF2A with the HD600 and HD650 (I currently own the HD580, which is the poor man's HD600). Great onboard DAC, very transparent and open presentation. It's also relatively inexpensive at $180, and it improves even more with tube rolling (matched, NOS Raytheon tubes can be found on ebay for around $40 a pair).post #7 of 1110/6/11 at 8:00amThread Starterpost #8 of 1110/6/11 at 8:16ampost #9 of 1110/6/11 at 10:53amQuote:
Yeah, I never listened to a Schiit Asgard but I came across when I was researching the forums/internet for a new amp. Seems the amp had some issues when it first came out that were later addressed. Another problem I ran accross was a slight hum when there was nothing playing. Which to my knowledge were fixed.
The one "issue" (if you want to call it that) that has stuck though is it gets a bit hot because the case itself is used as a heatsink, but it never heats up to dangerous levels, in other words you'd never burn your skin or start a fire.
Edited by roker - 10/6/11 at 11:34ampost #10 of 1110/6/11 at 11:23ampost #11 of 1110/6/11 at 2:22pmThread StarterQuote:
well, that little of a price difference is not a concern.. my concern is which will produce the best sound quality.
- e7/e9 OR udac-2/Schiit asgard with HD650
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Dunu TITAN Series: 1/1es/3/5 -- Ti-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear"... 6 seconds ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 or HD600 - Do they really need an amp? 3 minutes ago
- › "Ear Kegs" - MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III appreciation &... 5 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 5 minutes ago
- › Shure KSE1500 Review - Shure KSE1500 Sound Isolating Electrostatic... 6 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 9 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 9 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by MrTechAgent
- › Xiaomi Piston Colorful Starter Edition by aNtzE
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - PHANTOM SABRE by FUYU
- › Bluedio Vinyl Plus Luxury Wireless Bluetooth Headphones(Black) by mark2410
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by ostewart
- › Philips Fidelio S2 by Jemuillot
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by ryanjsoo
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by hankaberle
- › Accutone Pavo by Cinder
- › Little Dot MK III by Beztis
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...