Hello.. Well, i recently just got the HD650, and currently am driving them with my udac-2. I know they need more power and was wondering what would be better with the HD650: to get the e7/e9 combo or to get the Schiit asgard and use it with my udac-2
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 10/12/11
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 10/12/11
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 10/12/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 10/12/11
- productNuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 10/12/11
- productSchiit Asgard 2tagged by System, 3/7/13
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 10/12/11
Related Forum Threads
- Little Dot MK III vs combo Fiio E7/E9 for Sennheiser HD650, Which is the best? Ideas? Last post on 7/8/13 at 1:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need portable amp with Sennheiser HD650. Need Advice Last post on 8/28/11 at 11:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Request for Headphone Amp Recommendations Last post on 3/24/11 at 11:07am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Fiio E7 vs HiFi-Man EF2A vs Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 vs NuForce Icon uDAC-2 for HD650 Last post on 3/14/11 at 7:51am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Need some help with amplification Last post on 2/14/11 at 8:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
e7/e9 OR udac-2/Schiit asgard with HD650post #1 of 1110/5/11 at 2:04pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1110/5/11 at 3:01pmpost #3 of 1110/5/11 at 3:16pm
judging by reviews and impressions, I think the schiit asgard has the edge in the amp section while the udac and e7 seem to be different flavors of sound.
It's a toss up, but I prefer the way power regulation is handled on the Asgard, though this may or may not bear any weight on sound.post #4 of 1110/5/11 at 3:39pmThread Starterpost #5 of 1110/5/11 at 5:01pmpost #6 of 1110/5/11 at 11:25pm
I personally like the Hifiman EF2A with the HD600 and HD650 (I currently own the HD580, which is the poor man's HD600). Great onboard DAC, very transparent and open presentation. It's also relatively inexpensive at $180, and it improves even more with tube rolling (matched, NOS Raytheon tubes can be found on ebay for around $40 a pair).post #7 of 1110/6/11 at 8:00amThread Starterpost #8 of 1110/6/11 at 8:16ampost #9 of 1110/6/11 at 10:53amQuote:
Yeah, I never listened to a Schiit Asgard but I came across when I was researching the forums/internet for a new amp. Seems the amp had some issues when it first came out that were later addressed. Another problem I ran accross was a slight hum when there was nothing playing. Which to my knowledge were fixed.
The one "issue" (if you want to call it that) that has stuck though is it gets a bit hot because the case itself is used as a heatsink, but it never heats up to dangerous levels, in other words you'd never burn your skin or start a fire.
Edited by roker - 10/6/11 at 11:34ampost #10 of 1110/6/11 at 11:23ampost #11 of 1110/6/11 at 2:22pmThread StarterQuote:
well, that little of a price difference is not a concern.. my concern is which will produce the best sound quality.
- e7/e9 OR udac-2/Schiit asgard with HD650
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 26 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 45 seconds ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced - updated with... 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Quality EQ apps for ipod/iphone/ipad 4 minutes ago
- › Destiny 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica updates their open headphones "AD" Series: AD2000x,... 6 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 7 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 7 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)