Hello.. Well, i recently just got the HD650, and currently am driving them with my udac-2. I know they need more power and was wondering what would be better with the HD650: to get the e7/e9 combo or to get the Schiit asgard and use it with my udac-2
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 10/12/11
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 10/12/11
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 10/12/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 10/12/11
- productNuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 10/12/11
- productSchiit Asgard 2tagged by System, 3/7/13
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 10/12/11
Related Forum Threads
- Little Dot MK III vs combo Fiio E7/E9 for Sennheiser HD650, Which is the best? Ideas? Last post on 7/8/13 at 1:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need portable amp with Sennheiser HD650. Need Advice Last post on 8/28/11 at 11:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Request for Headphone Amp Recommendations Last post on 3/24/11 at 11:07am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Fiio E7 vs HiFi-Man EF2A vs Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 vs NuForce Icon uDAC-2 for HD650 Last post on 3/14/11 at 7:51am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Need some help with amplification Last post on 2/14/11 at 8:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/30/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
At the time this review was written, the Super Dolphin earphone was listed for sale on AK Audio Store’s Aliexpress website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Preamble: Advanced AcousticWerkes, in short known as AAW, is a Singapore based audio product manufacturer best known for custom-moulded in-ear monitors (CIEMs). Not long ago, they have...
The Soundaware Esther M1Pro provides a immersive sound experience held down by its dated interface and firmware. Its like driving a luxury car with all its comfort but with a dated design...
I am lucky. Very lucky. As I listened last Sunday to the i5, not only did we have the first good (not hard, but good) freeze of the Fall, but since I had been up since just before sunrise, I was...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Bluetooth version of Mee Audio's classic budget earphone, the M9B. Mee Audio, formerly MEElectronics, has been around since 2005 and is...
e7/e9 OR udac-2/Schiit asgard with HD650post #1 of 1110/5/11 at 2:04pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1110/5/11 at 3:01pmpost #3 of 1110/5/11 at 3:16pm
judging by reviews and impressions, I think the schiit asgard has the edge in the amp section while the udac and e7 seem to be different flavors of sound.
It's a toss up, but I prefer the way power regulation is handled on the Asgard, though this may or may not bear any weight on sound.post #4 of 1110/5/11 at 3:39pmThread Starterpost #5 of 1110/5/11 at 5:01pmpost #6 of 1110/5/11 at 11:25pm
I personally like the Hifiman EF2A with the HD600 and HD650 (I currently own the HD580, which is the poor man's HD600). Great onboard DAC, very transparent and open presentation. It's also relatively inexpensive at $180, and it improves even more with tube rolling (matched, NOS Raytheon tubes can be found on ebay for around $40 a pair).post #7 of 1110/6/11 at 8:00amThread Starterpost #8 of 1110/6/11 at 8:16ampost #9 of 1110/6/11 at 10:53amQuote:
Yeah, I never listened to a Schiit Asgard but I came across when I was researching the forums/internet for a new amp. Seems the amp had some issues when it first came out that were later addressed. Another problem I ran accross was a slight hum when there was nothing playing. Which to my knowledge were fixed.
The one "issue" (if you want to call it that) that has stuck though is it gets a bit hot because the case itself is used as a heatsink, but it never heats up to dangerous levels, in other words you'd never burn your skin or start a fire.
Edited by roker - 10/6/11 at 11:34ampost #10 of 1110/6/11 at 11:23ampost #11 of 1110/6/11 at 2:22pmThread StarterQuote:
well, that little of a price difference is not a concern.. my concern is which will produce the best sound quality.
- e7/e9 OR udac-2/Schiit asgard with HD650
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Astell&Kern beyerdynamic AK T8iE Review (First Impressions from IFA... 2 minutes ago
- › RHA T10i - as new 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 3 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50/DX80/DX90 as USB to Coaxial Device? 4 minutes ago
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes partners with Null-Audio for new line of... 5 minutes ago
- › Benjie S5 Offical Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 7 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 8 minutes ago
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by Hisoundfi
- › AAW Nebula One Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitor by HiFiChris
- › Soundaware Esther by tassardar
- › Cayin i5 by ngoshawk
- › MEE audio M9B Bluetooth Wireless Noise-Isolating In-Ear Stereo... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Takeanidea
- › Parasound Zpre zone preamplifier by snellemin
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Jackpot77
- › EarSonics Velvet by SeeSax
- › Tony Bennett TBSE1 Signature Edition Headphone - Black/Silver by DJ The Rocket
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear