Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › [review/comparison] Beyerdynamic DT1350, T50p, Sennheiser HD25-1-ii, HD25-13-ii, Pioneer HDJ-2000, V-Moda M80, Aiaiai TMA-1
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[review/comparison] Beyerdynamic DT1350, T50p, Sennheiser HD25-1-ii, HD25-13-ii, Pioneer... - Page 6

post #76 of 440
Congrats on getting the TMA-1 I'm dying to hear your impressions on what they sound like..
post #77 of 440

My guess?  Armaegis and the TMA-1 are not going to be best of friends.

post #78 of 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelpearce View Post

My guess?  Armaegis and the TMA-1 are not going to be best of friends.


I've been tempted but the reputation of "dark as a cave" keeps me away from it. I'm more interested in how he ranks the M80, I liked it a lot.

post #79 of 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

Congrats on getting the TMA-1 I'm dying to hear your impressions on what they sound like..


Yeah, huge sigh of relief that Armaegis got them.

 

I sent them with no tracking.ph34r.gif

post #80 of 440

so brave of you!

post #81 of 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMcProgger View Post

so brave of you!



Nah, I was just too cheap to pay for tracking...biggrin.gif

 

Can't wait to see what Armaegis thinks of the TMA-1. I personally really enjoy the dark, laid back sound but it does seem like it's a polarizing phone.

post #82 of 440
Thread Starter 

As much as I hate to parrot how others describe it, "dark" does seem an appropriate adjective. Maybe I should use something more descriptive... how about "dank"? nah though that's kinda negative. How about "jolly"?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelpearce View Post

My guess?  Armaegis and the TMA-1 are not going to be best of friends.


Well I don't not like them... not quite my cup of tea, but I could see it meshing well for others. 

 

My initial impressions... great bass extension that's not as clean as DT1350 but better than M80, overall sound is slow and lacking in detail/separation, bass tilted, surprisingly flat response through the mids, treble very tamed, luxuriously comfortable earpads, horrible headband comfort

 

For a bassy closed can it surprisingly doesn't have much punch OR rumble. The bass is just kinda, well, you know how everybody has a friend who tokes up then sits zoned out on the couch and is all "whoa, that's deep man"... yeah, something like that. I thought the Shure 840 was laid back, but man the TMA-1 takes the crown for the portable family. 


Edited by Armaegis - 10/13/11 at 9:46pm
post #83 of 440

Hmm, I find it odd you think the headband comfort is terrible. I always found it to be very comfortable.

 

And I also found that the sub-bass wasn't as powerful as I thought from such a dark and laid back headphone.

post #84 of 440
Thread Starter 

The bass is present and actually quite plentiful, but very very lazy. I wonder if a pass port would actually improve the response... but don't worry, I don't go drilling a hole in your headphones tongue.gif

post #85 of 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaegis View Post

The bass is present and actually quite plentiful, but very very lazy. I wonder if a pass port would actually improve the response... but don't worry, I don't go drilling a hole in your headphones tongue.gif


drill'em he wont mind.

post #86 of 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMcProgger View Post

drill'em he wont mind.



Hey!angry_face.gifbiggrin.gif

 

I think I would mind, even though I haven't treated my TMA-1's very nicely (you can see some nicks on the cups when I dropped them).

 

Oh well, they're supposed to be rugged portables anyways.

post #87 of 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raguvian View Post

Hey!angry_face.gifbiggrin.gif

 

I think I would mind, even though I haven't treated my TMA-1's very nicely (you can see some nicks on the cups when I dropped them).

 

Oh well, they're supposed to be rugged portables anyways.



Hmmmm I wonder how an XB 700 can would compare to them?

post #88 of 440

This is a great review, very interesting read. You mentioned that there are tons of fake HDJ-2000s, well I found them in Amazon for $239 sold by Beach Camera. Do you (or anyone else) know that store? The pricing seems great since other stores sell it at a higher price, but I don't want to buy the fake ones.

post #89 of 440
Thread Starter 

That's a good price and I believe Beach Camera is legit... sigh, they cost me over $100 more up here in Canada frown.gif

post #90 of 440

Thanks for the reply. I know what that feels, I paid $414 for a pair HD 650s last year and now they sell on Amazon for $336.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaegis View Post

That's a good price and I believe Beach Camera is legit... sigh, they cost me over $100 more up here in Canada frown.gif



 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › [review/comparison] Beyerdynamic DT1350, T50p, Sennheiser HD25-1-ii, HD25-13-ii, Pioneer HDJ-2000, V-Moda M80, Aiaiai TMA-1