- 6,451 Posts. Joined 12/2010
- Location: Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAiaiai TMA-1tagged by System, 10/5/11
- productbeyerdynamic T50ptagged by System, 10/7/11
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 10/5/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/5/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 10/5/11
- productPioneer HDJ-2000 Reference Professional Dj Headphonestagged by System, 10/5/11
- productSennheiser Adidas HD 25-1 II Orginals Headphones (Black/Blue)tagged by System, 10/7/11
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 10/7/11
- productSennheiser HD 25 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 10/5/11
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 10/7/11
Related Forum Threads
- Any competition for Portapro's if these are my requirements? Last post on 7/5/12 at 5:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for "all purpose?" cans Last post on 9/2/11 at 5:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- looking for amazing sound headphones under 300.00 Last post on 3/31/13 at 7:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Most noise isolating portable over ear phones Last post on 12/12/12 at 9:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphones, On-ear vs over-ear and how much should one spend? etc... Last post on 9/20/12 at 8:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
Synopsis: The Future Sonics MG5pro is a professional stage monitor for audiophiles. It offers a different tuning than its brother, the fully stage-oriented MG6pro, by offering a brighter, more...
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
[review/comparison] Beyerdynamic DT1350, T50p, Sennheiser HD25-1-ii, HD25-13-ii, Pioneer... - Page 6post #76 of 44010/13/11 at 6:57pmCongrats on getting the TMA-1 I'm dying to hear your impressions on what they sound like..
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 44010/13/11 at 7:30pmpost #78 of 44010/13/11 at 8:04pmQuote:
I've been tempted but the reputation of "dark as a cave" keeps me away from it. I'm more interested in how he ranks the M80, I liked it a lot.post #79 of 44010/13/11 at 8:04pmQuote:
Yeah, huge sigh of relief that Armaegis got them.
I sent them with no tracking.post #80 of 44010/13/11 at 8:10pmpost #81 of 44010/13/11 at 8:19pm
Nah, I was just too cheap to pay for tracking...
Can't wait to see what Armaegis thinks of the TMA-1. I personally really enjoy the dark, laid back sound but it does seem like it's a polarizing phone.post #82 of 44010/13/11 at 9:42pmThread Starter
As much as I hate to parrot how others describe it, "dark" does seem an appropriate adjective. Maybe I should use something more descriptive... how about "dank"? nah though that's kinda negative. How about "jolly"?Quote:
Well I don't not like them... not quite my cup of tea, but I could see it meshing well for others.
My initial impressions... great bass extension that's not as clean as DT1350 but better than M80, overall sound is slow and lacking in detail/separation, bass tilted, surprisingly flat response through the mids, treble very tamed, luxuriously comfortable earpads, horrible headband comfort
For a bassy closed can it surprisingly doesn't have much punch OR rumble. The bass is just kinda, well, you know how everybody has a friend who tokes up then sits zoned out on the couch and is all "whoa, that's deep man"... yeah, something like that. I thought the Shure 840 was laid back, but man the TMA-1 takes the crown for the portable family.
Edited by Armaegis - 10/13/11 at 9:46pmpost #83 of 44010/13/11 at 10:32pm
Hmm, I find it odd you think the headband comfort is terrible. I always found it to be very comfortable.
And I also found that the sub-bass wasn't as powerful as I thought from such a dark and laid back headphone.post #84 of 44010/13/11 at 10:47pmThread Starter
The bass is present and actually quite plentiful, but very very lazy. I wonder if a pass port would actually improve the response... but don't worry, I don't go drilling a hole in your headphonespost #85 of 44010/13/11 at 11:16pmQuote:
drill'em he wont mind.post #86 of 44010/13/11 at 11:18pm
I think I would mind, even though I haven't treated my TMA-1's very nicely (you can see some nicks on the cups when I dropped them).
Oh well, they're supposed to be rugged portables anyways.post #87 of 44010/14/11 at 1:25amQuote:
Hmmmm I wonder how an XB 700 can would compare to them?post #88 of 44010/14/11 at 11:29am
This is a great review, very interesting read. You mentioned that there are tons of fake HDJ-2000s, well I found them in Amazon for $239 sold by Beach Camera. Do you (or anyone else) know that store? The pricing seems great since other stores sell it at a higher price, but I don't want to buy the fake ones.post #89 of 44010/14/11 at 11:58amThread Starter
That's a good price and I believe Beach Camera is legit... sigh, they cost me over $100 more up here in Canadapost #90 of 44010/14/11 at 1:00pm
Thanks for the reply. I know what that feels, I paid $414 for a pair HD 650s last year and now they sell on Amazon for $336.
- [review/comparison] Beyerdynamic DT1350, T50p, Sennheiser HD25-1-ii, HD25-13-ii, Pioneer HDJ-2000, V-Moda M80, Aiaiai TMA-1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › FS: Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro 250ohm (shipping worldwide, for free) 39 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 pro 80ohms 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › Philips FIdelio X2?! 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Is it worth buying accidental damage protection/warranty on... 4 minutes ago
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)