- 6,447 Posts. Joined 12/2010
- Location: Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAiaiai TMA-1tagged by System, 10/5/11
- productbeyerdynamic T50ptagged by System, 10/7/11
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 10/5/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/5/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 10/5/11
- productPioneer HDJ-2000 Reference Professional Dj Headphonestagged by System, 10/5/11
- productSennheiser Adidas HD 25-1 II Orginals Headphones (Black/Blue)tagged by System, 10/7/11
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 10/7/11
- productSennheiser HD 25 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 10/5/11
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 10/7/11
Related Forum Threads
- Any competition for Portapro's if these are my requirements? Last post on 7/5/12 at 5:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for "all purpose?" cans Last post on 9/2/11 at 5:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- looking for amazing sound headphones under 300.00 Last post on 3/31/13 at 7:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Most noise isolating portable over ear phones Last post on 12/12/12 at 9:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphones, On-ear vs over-ear and how much should one spend? etc... Last post on 9/20/12 at 8:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I currently had done a review for the Fostex HP-A3 DAC/amp unit, which is a couple years old, but none the less one of the best units in the price range from experience and reading material...
Bought these in an airport as my other earbuds had stopped working. Even though I bought these in an emergency I immediately regret this purchase. They are definitely worse than the old apple...
Thanks to Calyx for allowing Team Tokyo to borrow a unit for review. Note: Version 0.6 and 0.95 of the software were used for this review. The first thing many people wanted when they...
880s are part of the classic trio , 6XX-7XX and of course the 880s , I have all those headphones , my all time favourite might be the 650s but I have tons and tons of respect for the...
T-PEOS H-100II Quick Review Full Review at http://www.head-fi.org/t/726296/t-peos-h-100ii-review-by-mark2410 Thanks to T-PEOS for the sample. Brief: Crazy cheap detail monsters,...
[review/comparison] Beyerdynamic DT1350, T50p, Sennheiser HD25-1-ii, HD25-13-ii, Pioneer... - Page 6post #76 of 44010/13/11 at 6:57pmCongrats on getting the TMA-1 I'm dying to hear your impressions on what they sound like..
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 44010/13/11 at 7:30pmpost #78 of 44010/13/11 at 8:04pmQuote:
I've been tempted but the reputation of "dark as a cave" keeps me away from it. I'm more interested in how he ranks the M80, I liked it a lot.post #79 of 44010/13/11 at 8:04pmQuote:
Yeah, huge sigh of relief that Armaegis got them.
I sent them with no tracking.post #80 of 44010/13/11 at 8:10pmpost #81 of 44010/13/11 at 8:19pm
Nah, I was just too cheap to pay for tracking...
Can't wait to see what Armaegis thinks of the TMA-1. I personally really enjoy the dark, laid back sound but it does seem like it's a polarizing phone.post #82 of 44010/13/11 at 9:42pmThread Starter
As much as I hate to parrot how others describe it, "dark" does seem an appropriate adjective. Maybe I should use something more descriptive... how about "dank"? nah though that's kinda negative. How about "jolly"?Quote:
Well I don't not like them... not quite my cup of tea, but I could see it meshing well for others.
My initial impressions... great bass extension that's not as clean as DT1350 but better than M80, overall sound is slow and lacking in detail/separation, bass tilted, surprisingly flat response through the mids, treble very tamed, luxuriously comfortable earpads, horrible headband comfort
For a bassy closed can it surprisingly doesn't have much punch OR rumble. The bass is just kinda, well, you know how everybody has a friend who tokes up then sits zoned out on the couch and is all "whoa, that's deep man"... yeah, something like that. I thought the Shure 840 was laid back, but man the TMA-1 takes the crown for the portable family.
Edited by Armaegis - 10/13/11 at 9:46pmpost #83 of 44010/13/11 at 10:32pm
Hmm, I find it odd you think the headband comfort is terrible. I always found it to be very comfortable.
And I also found that the sub-bass wasn't as powerful as I thought from such a dark and laid back headphone.post #84 of 44010/13/11 at 10:47pmThread Starter
The bass is present and actually quite plentiful, but very very lazy. I wonder if a pass port would actually improve the response... but don't worry, I don't go drilling a hole in your headphonespost #85 of 44010/13/11 at 11:16pmQuote:
drill'em he wont mind.post #86 of 44010/13/11 at 11:18pm
I think I would mind, even though I haven't treated my TMA-1's very nicely (you can see some nicks on the cups when I dropped them).
Oh well, they're supposed to be rugged portables anyways.post #87 of 44010/14/11 at 1:25amQuote:
Hmmmm I wonder how an XB 700 can would compare to them?post #88 of 44010/14/11 at 11:29am
This is a great review, very interesting read. You mentioned that there are tons of fake HDJ-2000s, well I found them in Amazon for $239 sold by Beach Camera. Do you (or anyone else) know that store? The pricing seems great since other stores sell it at a higher price, but I don't want to buy the fake ones.post #89 of 44010/14/11 at 11:58amThread Starter
That's a good price and I believe Beach Camera is legit... sigh, they cost me over $100 more up here in Canadapost #90 of 44010/14/11 at 1:00pm
Thanks for the reply. I know what that feels, I paid $414 for a pair HD 650s last year and now they sell on Amazon for $336.
- [review/comparison] Beyerdynamic DT1350, T50p, Sennheiser HD25-1-ii, HD25-13-ii, Pioneer HDJ-2000, V-Moda M80, Aiaiai TMA-1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › FiiO X1, the most portable and affordable high resolution DAP from... 18 seconds ago
- › For Sale: Schiit Mjolnir Headphone Amplifier 28 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › [Impression] FiiO E10 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › The Tip-Rolling/IEM Modification Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your *Mid-Fi* Portable Rig ($200 - $600) 3 minutes ago
- › Audio Poutine CDAC+ by WhiskeyJacks
- › Hama HK-3063 by Blanejmc
- › Calyx Audio M by Currawong
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohms by MrTechAgent
- › T-PEOS H-100II by mark2410
- › Yulong Audio D200 32bit 384khz DSD DAC by customNuts
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by Wyd4
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by MattTCG
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by DJPhiltheThrill
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by Cachicamo
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)