- 6,892 Posts. Joined 12/2010
- Location: Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAiaiai TMA-1tagged by System, 10/5/11
- productbeyerdynamic T50ptagged by System, 10/7/11
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 10/5/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/5/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 10/5/11
- productPioneer HDJ-2000 Reference Professional Dj Headphonestagged by System, 10/5/11
- productSennheiser Adidas HD 25-1 II Orginals Headphones (Black/Blue)tagged by System, 10/7/11
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 10/7/11
- productSennheiser HD 25 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 10/5/11
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 10/7/11
Related Forum Threads
- Any competition for Portapro's if these are my requirements? Last post on 7/5/12 at 5:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for "all purpose?" cans Last post on 9/2/11 at 5:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- looking for amazing sound headphones under 300.00 Last post on 3/31/13 at 7:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Most noise isolating portable over ear phones Last post on 12/12/12 at 9:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphones, On-ear vs over-ear and how much should one spend? etc... Last post on 9/20/12 at 8:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
FiiO X3 2nd Generation First of all I want to state that this review is obviously a very subjective opinion. Everyone hears things differently, so you might experience the device in an other...
about me: 16 years old live in Israel, always loved headphones (at first i loved headphones, after that I started to love music xD) started this hobby when i was 14, i like fast bright accurate...
I have typed up this review @audio-technica.com a few months back and I thought I should also put it here. First, I would like to apologize for my very vague description of the sound (and...
Just to be clear - this is a small portable speaker. So when I talk about bass, sound clarity and what not - keep that in mind. You can't compare it desktop speakers - No wait, you...
Sound Signature. If I were to describe this cans, the V shape would be fitting, but it is just a moderate V shape, nothing overly pronounced but not flat by any means. Bass. This is where the...
[review/comparison] Beyerdynamic DT1350, T50p, Sennheiser HD25-1-ii, HD25-13-ii, Pioneer HDJ-2000, V-Moda M80, Aiaiai TMA-1 - Page 6post #76 of 44210/13/11 at 6:57pmCongrats on getting the TMA-1 I'm dying to hear your impressions on what they sound like..
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 44210/13/11 at 7:30pmpost #78 of 44210/13/11 at 8:04pmQuote:
I've been tempted but the reputation of "dark as a cave" keeps me away from it. I'm more interested in how he ranks the M80, I liked it a lot.post #79 of 44210/13/11 at 8:04pmQuote:
Yeah, huge sigh of relief that Armaegis got them.
I sent them with no tracking.post #80 of 44210/13/11 at 8:10pmpost #81 of 44210/13/11 at 8:19pm
Nah, I was just too cheap to pay for tracking...
Can't wait to see what Armaegis thinks of the TMA-1. I personally really enjoy the dark, laid back sound but it does seem like it's a polarizing phone.post #82 of 44210/13/11 at 9:42pmThread Starter
As much as I hate to parrot how others describe it, "dark" does seem an appropriate adjective. Maybe I should use something more descriptive... how about "dank"? nah though that's kinda negative. How about "jolly"?Quote:
Well I don't not like them... not quite my cup of tea, but I could see it meshing well for others.
My initial impressions... great bass extension that's not as clean as DT1350 but better than M80, overall sound is slow and lacking in detail/separation, bass tilted, surprisingly flat response through the mids, treble very tamed, luxuriously comfortable earpads, horrible headband comfort
For a bassy closed can it surprisingly doesn't have much punch OR rumble. The bass is just kinda, well, you know how everybody has a friend who tokes up then sits zoned out on the couch and is all "whoa, that's deep man"... yeah, something like that. I thought the Shure 840 was laid back, but man the TMA-1 takes the crown for the portable family.
Edited by Armaegis - 10/13/11 at 9:46pmpost #83 of 44210/13/11 at 10:32pm
Hmm, I find it odd you think the headband comfort is terrible. I always found it to be very comfortable.
And I also found that the sub-bass wasn't as powerful as I thought from such a dark and laid back headphone.post #84 of 44210/13/11 at 10:47pmThread Starter
The bass is present and actually quite plentiful, but very very lazy. I wonder if a pass port would actually improve the response... but don't worry, I don't go drilling a hole in your headphonespost #85 of 44210/13/11 at 11:16pmQuote:
drill'em he wont mind.post #86 of 44210/13/11 at 11:18pm
I think I would mind, even though I haven't treated my TMA-1's very nicely (you can see some nicks on the cups when I dropped them).
Oh well, they're supposed to be rugged portables anyways.post #87 of 44210/14/11 at 1:25amQuote:
Hmmmm I wonder how an XB 700 can would compare to them?post #88 of 44210/14/11 at 11:29am
This is a great review, very interesting read. You mentioned that there are tons of fake HDJ-2000s, well I found them in Amazon for $239 sold by Beach Camera. Do you (or anyone else) know that store? The pricing seems great since other stores sell it at a higher price, but I don't want to buy the fake ones.post #89 of 44210/14/11 at 11:58amThread Starter
That's a good price and I believe Beach Camera is legit... sigh, they cost me over $100 more up here in Canadapost #90 of 44210/14/11 at 1:00pm
Thanks for the reply. I know what that feels, I paid $414 for a pair HD 650s last year and now they sell on Amazon for $336.
- [review/comparison] Beyerdynamic DT1350, T50p, Sennheiser HD25-1-ii, HD25-13-ii, Pioneer HDJ-2000, V-Moda M80, Aiaiai TMA-1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Need help finding similar tips to this one (pictures inside) 29 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 49 seconds ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x - In-Depth Review & Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 5 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 6 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 mods 6 minutes ago
- › RHA T20: in-ear headphone featuring DualCoil™ driver technology. 7 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 7 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 9 minutes ago
- › New HTC One M8 audio review 9 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by felixgrill
- › Kenwood KA-405 vinatge stereo receiver by headphones1999
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphones by Feilong4
- › Sony SRSX3 Portable NFC Bluetooth Wireless Speaker (Black) with... by xlordvader
- › Creative Aurvana Live! Headphones by MCouary
- › Arcam irDAC Audiophile Grade Digital to Analog Converter by cub3
- › Bottlehead Mainline by JamieMcC
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi® Matrix2 AF62 Stereo Bluetooth®... by YoYo JoKeR
- › Graham Slee Solo Ultra Linear Headphone Amplifier by mark2410
- › Topping VX1 2x25W Hi-Fi Power Stereo Subwoofer Amplifier... by YoYo JoKeR
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2