- 7,147 Posts. Joined 12/2010
- Location: Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAiaiai TMA-1tagged by System, 10/5/11
- productbeyerdynamic T50ptagged by System, 10/7/11
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 10/5/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/5/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 10/5/11
- productPioneer HDJ-2000 Reference Professional Dj Headphonestagged by System, 10/5/11
- productSennheiser Adidas HD 25-1 II Orginals Headphones (Black/Blue)tagged by System, 10/7/11
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 10/7/11
- productSennheiser HD 25 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 10/5/11
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 10/7/11
Related Forum Threads
- Any competition for Portapro's if these are my requirements? Last post on 7/5/12 at 5:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for "all purpose?" cans Last post on 9/2/11 at 5:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- looking for amazing sound headphones under 300.00 Last post on 3/31/13 at 7:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Most noise isolating portable over ear phones Last post on 12/12/12 at 9:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphones, On-ear vs over-ear and how much should one spend? etc... Last post on 9/20/12 at 8:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Thinksound On2 Review: A Wonderful Wooden On-Ear With A Small Ecological Footprint I like Thinksound products. I always have, with the exception of the On1. It was a product that had so much...
Hidizs AP60 Review: A Tiny Little Fighter Hidizs is a Chinese company that’s been building DAPs for number of years now, starting with their current flagship, the AP100, a device I’ve really...
REVIEW: Remax RM-800MD Specifications: Driver: Knowles Balanced armature + 9.2mm dynamic driver Impedance: 16ohm Sensitivity: 98dB Frequency Response: 20Hz-20 kHz Price: U$D...
First of all, I'd like to thank Burson Audio for giving me this opportunity. I really mean it. Secondly, this is my first review what so ever so please bear that in mind :) . I got home one...
Inside the box Besides the headphone's being neatly folded inside of the box, they give you an manual and two cables. The first cable is an USB cable which is used to charge the battery inside of...
[review/comparison] Beyerdynamic DT1350, T50p, Sennheiser HD25-1-ii, HD25-13-ii, Pioneer HDJ-2000, V-Moda M80, Aiaiai TMA-1 - Page 6post #76 of 44710/13/11 at 6:57pmCongrats on getting the TMA-1 I'm dying to hear your impressions on what they sound like..
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 44710/13/11 at 7:30pmpost #78 of 44710/13/11 at 8:04pmQuote:
I've been tempted but the reputation of "dark as a cave" keeps me away from it. I'm more interested in how he ranks the M80, I liked it a lot.post #79 of 44710/13/11 at 8:04pmQuote:
Yeah, huge sigh of relief that Armaegis got them.
I sent them with no tracking.post #80 of 44710/13/11 at 8:10pmpost #81 of 44710/13/11 at 8:19pm
Nah, I was just too cheap to pay for tracking...
Can't wait to see what Armaegis thinks of the TMA-1. I personally really enjoy the dark, laid back sound but it does seem like it's a polarizing phone.post #82 of 44710/13/11 at 9:42pmThread Starter
As much as I hate to parrot how others describe it, "dark" does seem an appropriate adjective. Maybe I should use something more descriptive... how about "dank"? nah though that's kinda negative. How about "jolly"?Quote:
Well I don't not like them... not quite my cup of tea, but I could see it meshing well for others.
My initial impressions... great bass extension that's not as clean as DT1350 but better than M80, overall sound is slow and lacking in detail/separation, bass tilted, surprisingly flat response through the mids, treble very tamed, luxuriously comfortable earpads, horrible headband comfort
For a bassy closed can it surprisingly doesn't have much punch OR rumble. The bass is just kinda, well, you know how everybody has a friend who tokes up then sits zoned out on the couch and is all "whoa, that's deep man"... yeah, something like that. I thought the Shure 840 was laid back, but man the TMA-1 takes the crown for the portable family.
Edited by Armaegis - 10/13/11 at 9:46pmpost #83 of 44710/13/11 at 10:32pm
Hmm, I find it odd you think the headband comfort is terrible. I always found it to be very comfortable.
And I also found that the sub-bass wasn't as powerful as I thought from such a dark and laid back headphone.post #84 of 44710/13/11 at 10:47pmThread Starter
The bass is present and actually quite plentiful, but very very lazy. I wonder if a pass port would actually improve the response... but don't worry, I don't go drilling a hole in your headphonespost #85 of 44710/13/11 at 11:16pmQuote:
drill'em he wont mind.post #86 of 44710/13/11 at 11:18pm
I think I would mind, even though I haven't treated my TMA-1's very nicely (you can see some nicks on the cups when I dropped them).
Oh well, they're supposed to be rugged portables anyways.post #87 of 44710/14/11 at 1:25amQuote:
Hmmmm I wonder how an XB 700 can would compare to them?post #88 of 44710/14/11 at 11:29am
This is a great review, very interesting read. You mentioned that there are tons of fake HDJ-2000s, well I found them in Amazon for $239 sold by Beach Camera. Do you (or anyone else) know that store? The pricing seems great since other stores sell it at a higher price, but I don't want to buy the fake ones.post #89 of 44710/14/11 at 11:58amThread Starter
That's a good price and I believe Beach Camera is legit... sigh, they cost me over $100 more up here in Canadapost #90 of 44710/14/11 at 1:00pm
Thanks for the reply. I know what that feels, I paid $414 for a pair HD 650s last year and now they sell on Amazon for $336.
- [review/comparison] Beyerdynamic DT1350, T50p, Sennheiser HD25-1-ii, HD25-13-ii, Pioneer HDJ-2000, V-Moda M80, Aiaiai TMA-1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Bicycle-Fi! 20 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Bowers&Wilkins new flagship the P9! 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › Desktop speaker amp for my PC? 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 5 minutes ago
- › UpTone Audio USB REGEN 5 minutes ago
- › Just arrived! Pioneer Monitor 10 (with pictures) 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 6 minutes ago
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by Cinder
- › Hidizs AP60 HiFi Mini Bluetooth Lossless MP3 Portable Music Player... by Cinder
- › Remax RM-800MD by Zelda
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by killerline
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by genclaymore
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by Brooko
- › AGPTek H01 HiFi MP3 Player with Volume Knob &2.4 Inch HD... by Peddler
- › V-MODA Crossfade Wireless Over-Ear Headphone - Rouge by Peddler
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by peter123
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Obery
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...