- 6,939 Posts. Joined 12/2010
- Location: Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAiaiai TMA-1tagged by System, 10/5/11
- productbeyerdynamic T50ptagged by System, 10/7/11
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 10/5/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/5/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 10/5/11
- productPioneer HDJ-2000 Reference Professional Dj Headphonestagged by System, 10/5/11
- productSennheiser Adidas HD 25-1 II Orginals Headphones (Black/Blue)tagged by System, 10/7/11
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 10/7/11
- productSennheiser HD 25 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 10/5/11
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 10/7/11
Related Forum Threads
- Any competition for Portapro's if these are my requirements? Last post on 7/5/12 at 5:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for "all purpose?" cans Last post on 9/2/11 at 5:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- looking for amazing sound headphones under 300.00 Last post on 3/31/13 at 7:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Most noise isolating portable over ear phones Last post on 12/12/12 at 9:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphones, On-ear vs over-ear and how much should one spend? etc... Last post on 9/20/12 at 8:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
[review/comparison] Beyerdynamic DT1350, T50p, Sennheiser HD25-1-ii, HD25-13-ii, Pioneer HDJ-2000, V-Moda M80, Aiaiai TMA-1 - Page 6post #76 of 44210/13/11 at 6:57pmCongrats on getting the TMA-1 I'm dying to hear your impressions on what they sound like..
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 44210/13/11 at 7:30pmpost #78 of 44210/13/11 at 8:04pmQuote:
I've been tempted but the reputation of "dark as a cave" keeps me away from it. I'm more interested in how he ranks the M80, I liked it a lot.post #79 of 44210/13/11 at 8:04pmQuote:
Yeah, huge sigh of relief that Armaegis got them.
I sent them with no tracking.post #80 of 44210/13/11 at 8:10pmpost #81 of 44210/13/11 at 8:19pm
Nah, I was just too cheap to pay for tracking...
Can't wait to see what Armaegis thinks of the TMA-1. I personally really enjoy the dark, laid back sound but it does seem like it's a polarizing phone.post #82 of 44210/13/11 at 9:42pmThread Starter
As much as I hate to parrot how others describe it, "dark" does seem an appropriate adjective. Maybe I should use something more descriptive... how about "dank"? nah though that's kinda negative. How about "jolly"?Quote:
Well I don't not like them... not quite my cup of tea, but I could see it meshing well for others.
My initial impressions... great bass extension that's not as clean as DT1350 but better than M80, overall sound is slow and lacking in detail/separation, bass tilted, surprisingly flat response through the mids, treble very tamed, luxuriously comfortable earpads, horrible headband comfort
For a bassy closed can it surprisingly doesn't have much punch OR rumble. The bass is just kinda, well, you know how everybody has a friend who tokes up then sits zoned out on the couch and is all "whoa, that's deep man"... yeah, something like that. I thought the Shure 840 was laid back, but man the TMA-1 takes the crown for the portable family.
Edited by Armaegis - 10/13/11 at 9:46pmpost #83 of 44210/13/11 at 10:32pm
Hmm, I find it odd you think the headband comfort is terrible. I always found it to be very comfortable.
And I also found that the sub-bass wasn't as powerful as I thought from such a dark and laid back headphone.post #84 of 44210/13/11 at 10:47pmThread Starter
The bass is present and actually quite plentiful, but very very lazy. I wonder if a pass port would actually improve the response... but don't worry, I don't go drilling a hole in your headphonespost #85 of 44210/13/11 at 11:16pmQuote:
drill'em he wont mind.post #86 of 44210/13/11 at 11:18pm
I think I would mind, even though I haven't treated my TMA-1's very nicely (you can see some nicks on the cups when I dropped them).
Oh well, they're supposed to be rugged portables anyways.post #87 of 44210/14/11 at 1:25amQuote:
Hmmmm I wonder how an XB 700 can would compare to them?post #88 of 44210/14/11 at 11:29am
This is a great review, very interesting read. You mentioned that there are tons of fake HDJ-2000s, well I found them in Amazon for $239 sold by Beach Camera. Do you (or anyone else) know that store? The pricing seems great since other stores sell it at a higher price, but I don't want to buy the fake ones.post #89 of 44210/14/11 at 11:58amThread Starter
That's a good price and I believe Beach Camera is legit... sigh, they cost me over $100 more up here in Canadapost #90 of 44210/14/11 at 1:00pm
Thanks for the reply. I know what that feels, I paid $414 for a pair HD 650s last year and now they sell on Amazon for $336.
- [review/comparison] Beyerdynamic DT1350, T50p, Sennheiser HD25-1-ii, HD25-13-ii, Pioneer HDJ-2000, V-Moda M80, Aiaiai TMA-1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › New release - the AKG K553 Pro - featuring a killer Massdrop deal 14 seconds ago
- › Sony NWZ-A15 vs FiiO X1 1 minute ago
- › LCD-X, brand new, bought Mid-March, with free leather headband 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 2 minutes ago
- › Cayin C5DAC USB DAC Headphone Amplifier World Tour --Reviewers Wanted. 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 5 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 6 minutes ago
- › Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones... 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2