Edited by Kozic - 9/19/15 at 8:19am
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Who else suffers from very little usable range on the volume knob? Last post on 2/10/15 at 8:30am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Is the LCD-2 worth the $1k price? Last post on 4/13/15 at 8:07am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Asgard 2 dynamic range compression in high gain mode? Last post on 10/1/14 at 9:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Newbie Amp/DAC/Headphone Advice Last post on 12/13/14 at 8:10pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ordered new Audeze LCD 2s, expected 2.2s got 2.3s!!! Last post on 8/7/14 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
The Introduction Well, lovely citizens of head-fi, I am finally ready to bring you the review of the new T50RP mod by ZMF Headphones, known as the ZMF Omni. It is a semi-open headphone that...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Noontec for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website link:...
Preamble: Hi guys, I'm a budding audio-appreciator since starting on this journey about a year and a half ago. I just have average ears that like to listen to slightly above average music and so...
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora at Brainwavz for providing the review sample of the Brainwavz S3 you see in this review. Please note that I am neither affiliated...
Introduction First of all, I would like to thank Aune (@AuneAudio) for giving me the opportunity to review their unit. This is the link to the relevant head-fi thread:...
The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) - Page 472post #7066 of 70789/19/15 at 8:17am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7067 of 70789/19/15 at 10:21amQuote:
Thanks, that works. I am so tempted. Have been toying with the idea of upgrading from my hd650 to LCD 2 or LCD 3. I am seriously thinking of pulling the plug on this one(the LCD 2F) especially at that price, it looks like a great deal.
Anyone who can push me off the cliff here...?post #7068 of 70789/19/15 at 10:31ampost #7069 of 70789/19/15 at 3:10pmpost #7070 of 70789/20/15 at 2:11amQuote:
Ha... good thought. I probably would end up keeping them, but I am afraid I will always wonder if the LCD 3 would sound better... I keep thinking the LCD 2 is not as big an upgrade as the LCD 3 would be if coming from the hd650. I have gone back and forth and read endless posts but still can't decidepost #7071 of 70789/20/15 at 10:33amQuote:the LCD 2 is a big upgrade over the 650. The LCD 3 is a small upgrade over the 2. I've always felt the LCD 2 is a super-HD 650 in every respect: treble, mids and bass. Big upgrade.Originally Posted by bigbung
Ha... good thought. I probably would end up keeping them, but I am afraid I will always wonder if the LCD 3 would sound better... I keep thinking the LCD 2 is not as big an upgrade as the LCD 3 would be if coming from the hd650. I have gone back and forth and read endless posts but still can't decidepost #7072 of 70789/20/15 at 12:11pmQuote:
To my ears, I don't even like the Audeze's in the suggested order. I like the LCD-X = LCD-2 > LCD-3 > LCD-XC.post #7073 of 70789/20/15 at 2:08pmI've seen a lot of people say they prefer the ZMF Omni to the LCD2. I've been torn on the decision for a while myself (haven't heard either personally). The Ether is also a contender but more expensive than either.post #7074 of 70789/28/15 at 8:01ampost #7075 of 70789/28/15 at 2:15pm
....How are you working up that much sweat with LCD-2's on your head?
The headphones are more-or-less sealed when they're on your head, so heat and or condensation might cause problems. Is there any extra wear and tear on the pads or the fabric on the grills?post #7076 of 70789/28/15 at 3:06pm
https://www.audeze.com/products/accessories/lcd-balanced-cable is this cable different from the flat ones they're been shipping forever? They also have a premium SE one, I haven't heard of these before - https://www.audeze.com/products/accessories/premium-lcd-headphone-cable.post #7077 of 70789/28/15 at 3:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by jodgey4
https://www.audeze.com/products/accessories/lcd-balanced-cable is this cable different from the flat ones they're been shipping forever? They also have a premium SE one, I haven't heard of these before - https://www.audeze.com/products/accessories/premium-lcd-headphone-cable.
I was told by Audeze they are the same as the ones included with the headphones. I wonder if they'll come out with a premium balanced one. I'd jump on that.if so :)post #7078 of 70789/29/15 at 10:55pmQuote:
Roommates and I can't afford to keep AC on 24/7 and where I live it is quite hot and humid.
No extra wear that I can see.
- The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › NOBLE Savant Thread (Impressions, Reviews, Tours) 17 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 58 seconds ago
- › Little Dot MK8SE / MK6 Super Mods 1 minute ago
- › Questyle QP1 1 minute ago
- › iFi audio iPower - universal Ultra-Low Noise AC/DC adapter 2 minutes ago
- › CiFi Cincinnati Meet @ Cincinnati Library-November 28, 2015 3 minutes ago
- › ROCK Zircon + Mula IEM Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica W3000anv 4 minutes ago
- › Should I buy the Philips SHP9500 for $120, wait, or get another... 4 minutes ago
- › InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread 4 minutes ago
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by PacoTaco
- › Noontec Wireless Headphones ZORO II Wireless Hi-Fi Bluetooth On-Ear... by twister6
- › RHA T20 by RedTwilight
- › Brainwavz S3 by thatBeatsguy
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier by GioF71
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by suman134
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by nmatheis
- › Philips SHE3905BK/27 In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Black by Whitigir
- › Music Hall de-be Portable Headphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2