********, I can't find a german distributor for the ALO Audio Pan Am. Is there anybody with a key information for me?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Who else suffers from very little usable range on the volume knob? Last post on 2/10/15 at 8:30am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Is the LCD-2 worth the $1k price? Last post on 3/15/16 at 5:21am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Asgard 2 dynamic range compression in high gain mode? Last post on 10/1/14 at 9:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Newbie Amp/DAC/Headphone Advice Last post on 12/13/14 at 8:10pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ordered new Audeze LCD 2s, expected 2.2s got 2.3s!!! Last post on 8/7/14 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
To begin with, I would like to thank iFi for making this great tour and allowing some of us to test this product. I've been enjoying my original micro iDSD since January 2015 and it is really a...
-- **This review is a sample portion from the full thread: Meet the Puresounds Earbud Family.** **All photos are taken by me.** **Disclaimer - I was provided the Puresounds...
There comes a time you're bored from your audio gear. You don't have a grand or two for a new set of ultra high end headphones to give you that fresh kick, and electronics costing as much as your...
MY GOD!!! I have just received my headphones! I have been putting them through there initial paces straight from the box, after just 30 mins I have had to come here to let you know my experience so...
At the time this review was written, the Oriveti NEW Primacy was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) - Page 425
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Why not getting one from the forum if available ?? It's less expensive got mine with battery for 420 euro
Get it from alo site it takes max 2 weeks to germany
Edited by TontonJoK - 5/1/14 at 12:50pm
It's a question of luck
You pay at least 30 % less new from Usa or else where and the tax is 25 %
The best way to avoid customs in France is not to choose express mail like Ups Dhl and others
I found a online store here: http://www.headphone.com/headphone-amps/amplifiers/alo-audio-pan-am.php
I must sleep a night about it but I think I'll purchase it tomorrow, I know me a little bit longer. ;)
I find many positive reviews about the ALO Audio Pan Am, also I can operate it with battery pack and last but not least it looks like steampunk design and I like that because it somehow fits the design of the LCD-2.
From the spec sheet again:
- Maximum power handling: 15 W (for 200 ms)
The power output of the taps is 100 W at 8 Ohm, so it will be much, much lower at 70 ohm, and like you said, not all of the power is going out into the headphones. You're probably well under 15 W.
Got mine from him
Mullards cv 4010 are good too
Edited by TontonJoK - 5/1/14 at 1:20pm
Here's the new lcd-2's in rosewood. Very lush with forward mids, clean highs, and great, but not overwhelming, bass. the bass quantity is about the same with my beyerdynamic t90's. I really can't say if the fazor makes much of a difference as I had an opportunity to test drive the rev. 2's once before at a dealer in Los Angeles, so I don't have much of a reference point. That being said, the highs have great extension without being bright.The Wa7 has the original tubes, been waiting over a month for the upgraded Electro Harmonix. They're backlogged at the factory. I typically have the Wa7 at around 12 o'clock for most tracks, with plenty of headroom to spare.
Edited by mithrandir38 - 5/1/14 at 3:10pm
Here is the freq response graph provided by Audeze in PDF. They no longer ship the headphones with paper graphs, but are very responsive by email.
notice the small -5 db shelf at 40 hz.
For better or for worse, this seems to be the new norm with the Fazor equiped LCD-2. My pair has the same drop. Compromises...
I'm not sweating it. -5 db from 20-40 hz isn't bad, just not "ruler flat" all the way down. These are definitely more neutral than "bass monster", as they have a reputation of being. They sound great, I have to say.
Agreed. They are certainly a "reference" sounding headphone, not a bass heavy can. The bass is indeed very satisfying (much more so than my HD600 for example), but to my ear it sounds accurate rather than bloated or skewed.
Edited by JoelT - 5/1/14 at 3:59pm
I am very fond of my Meier Classic desktop amp, perfect for clean neutral sound. That said, I slightly prefer my decware tube amp with LCD 2 and 3.
- The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Headphones 2 seconds ago
- › Shanling M5 Impressions & Discussion Thread 36 seconds ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 41 seconds ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 1 minute ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › NEW Audio Technica Multiple BA IEM: ATH LS50,70,200,300,400 3 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 5 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear