********, I can't find a german distributor for the ALO Audio Pan Am. Is there anybody with a key information for me?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Who else suffers from very little usable range on the volume knob? Last post on 2/10/15 at 8:30am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Is the LCD-2 worth the $1k price? Last post on 3/15/16 at 5:21am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Asgard 2 dynamic range compression in high gain mode? Last post on 10/1/14 at 9:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Newbie Amp/DAC/Headphone Advice Last post on 12/13/14 at 8:10pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ordered new Audeze LCD 2s, expected 2.2s got 2.3s!!! Last post on 8/7/14 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/5/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Vibro Labs - Maya Review November 2016 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Firstly a thanks to Ejong7 & Luke Pighetti @ Vibro labs for...
The Tri-Vista 21 was a limited edition DAC sold in late 2004, early 2005. It was massively overbuilt - great power supply and output stage, and ran extremely long life 5703 milspec tubes, which are...
This headphone has a quite good sound quality for its price. Its sound is very clear, the mids and highs are well detailled. The bass is tight but some recordings sound lacking bass. It needed a...
Gratitude and greetings go out to RHA Team and @Glassmonkey - thank you so much for giving me the...
Recently got ordered these Mee AudioRunaway on-ear headphones as I had some wellness program points that were going to expire. I have had the MEE audio M-Duo Dual Dynamic Driver In-Ear Headphones...
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) - Page 425
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Why not getting one from the forum if available ?? It's less expensive got mine with battery for 420 euro
Get it from alo site it takes max 2 weeks to germany
Edited by TontonJoK - 5/1/14 at 12:50pm
It's a question of luck
You pay at least 30 % less new from Usa or else where and the tax is 25 %
The best way to avoid customs in France is not to choose express mail like Ups Dhl and others
I found a online store here: http://www.headphone.com/headphone-amps/amplifiers/alo-audio-pan-am.php
I must sleep a night about it but I think I'll purchase it tomorrow, I know me a little bit longer. ;)
I find many positive reviews about the ALO Audio Pan Am, also I can operate it with battery pack and last but not least it looks like steampunk design and I like that because it somehow fits the design of the LCD-2.
From the spec sheet again:
- Maximum power handling: 15 W (for 200 ms)
The power output of the taps is 100 W at 8 Ohm, so it will be much, much lower at 70 ohm, and like you said, not all of the power is going out into the headphones. You're probably well under 15 W.
Got mine from him
Mullards cv 4010 are good too
Edited by TontonJoK - 5/1/14 at 1:20pm
Here's the new lcd-2's in rosewood. Very lush with forward mids, clean highs, and great, but not overwhelming, bass. the bass quantity is about the same with my beyerdynamic t90's. I really can't say if the fazor makes much of a difference as I had an opportunity to test drive the rev. 2's once before at a dealer in Los Angeles, so I don't have much of a reference point. That being said, the highs have great extension without being bright.The Wa7 has the original tubes, been waiting over a month for the upgraded Electro Harmonix. They're backlogged at the factory. I typically have the Wa7 at around 12 o'clock for most tracks, with plenty of headroom to spare.
Edited by mithrandir38 - 5/1/14 at 3:10pm
Here is the freq response graph provided by Audeze in PDF. They no longer ship the headphones with paper graphs, but are very responsive by email.
notice the small -5 db shelf at 40 hz.
For better or for worse, this seems to be the new norm with the Fazor equiped LCD-2. My pair has the same drop. Compromises...
I'm not sweating it. -5 db from 20-40 hz isn't bad, just not "ruler flat" all the way down. These are definitely more neutral than "bass monster", as they have a reputation of being. They sound great, I have to say.
Agreed. They are certainly a "reference" sounding headphone, not a bass heavy can. The bass is indeed very satisfying (much more so than my HD600 for example), but to my ear it sounds accurate rather than bloated or skewed.
Edited by JoelT - 5/1/14 at 3:59pm
I am very fond of my Meier Classic desktop amp, perfect for clean neutral sound. That said, I slightly prefer my decware tube amp with LCD 2 and 3.
- The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
- › [Chord Mojo vs Ifi micro iDSD vs Centrance m8 vs "?"(feel free to... 8 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 1 minute ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Eddie Current FOUR 45 Thread 4 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 4 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 5 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 5 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page... 5 minutes ago
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by dnun8086
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by MentalDraco
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD Black Label by glassmonkey
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear