- 1,238 Posts. Joined 6/2001
- Location: Chicago
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Who else suffers from very little usable range on the volume knob? Last post on 2/10/15 at 8:30am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Is the LCD-2 worth the $1k price? Last post on 3/15/16 at 5:21am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Asgard 2 dynamic range compression in high gain mode? Last post on 10/1/14 at 9:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Newbie Amp/DAC/Headphone Advice Last post on 12/13/14 at 8:10pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ordered new Audeze LCD 2s, expected 2.2s got 2.3s!!! Last post on 8/7/14 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
I dont want to waste my time writing an essay for something that lasted only 1 or 2 months. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBnJ9zrnhGU My Rant and broken Shures in link above The bass...
(PS: Some content may be a no-brainer for most; it's just there for the less informed). Please also ignore any errors, judgements. I'm a medio-phile and not an audiophile so, judge...
Looking for earbuds can be kind of a nightmare. So many players in the game, so much variety in terms of sound, design, features, and price. I don't want to spend a lot of money since they're used...
I've been into vinyl previously but in the mid-90's, sold my high end VPI table and never looked back. I ended up recently with a bunch of new records and nothing to play them on, and decided to...
About Me: I prefer IEMs over full size because of portability and comfort, though I have owned and own a a couple full size cans. I am a 29 year old music lover, i listen to all genres from R&B to...
The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) - Page 420post #6286 of 71284/18/14 at 4:32pmI've had expensive headphones since before my son was born. He's 16 now and has never once messed with them. Lucky I guess.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6287 of 71284/18/14 at 4:55pmpost #6288 of 71284/18/14 at 11:41pmQuote:
That's interesting. The memory foam will compress more as it warms up, so makes me wonder if it sounds better to you as the drivers get slightly closer to your ears.post #6289 of 71284/19/14 at 1:04am
is there anyone use lcd2 for transportable?
i tried mini dac portable amp - alo international
which is compatible with idevice (using cck which is i am going to buy 1)
i tried with my laptop and it can drive lcd2 well as portable amppost #6290 of 71284/19/14 at 1:19am
Transportable or portable. Do you mean to take it somewhere and sitdown to listen, believe it or not the Fiio X3 has a good amount of volume on high gain, usually around 35-40 vol depending on music when I tried it - I think I listen pretty loud. I would never walk around with them on, but I would take it to a office or similar as long as leakage was not an issue.post #6291 of 71284/19/14 at 1:38ampost #6292 of 71284/19/14 at 1:38am
take it somewhere sit down and listen
yes, i tried it with several dap (include one time someone bring x3 here and i tried it), but i think they cant make is "sings well"
just enough to listen
and still, not enough "power"
and when i hear it from alo international (which is i bought after i hear it)
the power is different than when i hear it from dap (include x3, dx50, ak100, ak100mk2, etc)
even is not as good as the other big amp, but i think its good enough when i see how small the amp
:)post #6293 of 71284/19/14 at 4:21amQuote:
I wouldn't recommend portables for them, it would not provide the level of sound as a powerful desktop amp would. I guess some portables have lots of juice, but not as much as my Beta 22 or some other in that level.
I highly recommend ODAC, it is to my ears, sonically approved. What DACs are you guys using?post #6294 of 71284/19/14 at 6:37amAlo pan am and passport are transportable in a certain way (you don't need powering it up and last 9 hours on average)
and it sounds great !!!
for portable I would get some good iem and alo or fiio amp
Edited by TontonJoK - 4/19/14 at 6:38ampost #6295 of 71284/19/14 at 11:40amAh. Pan am i think is too big and the tube is quite trouble to carry here and there
Yes, i am an iem person hehehehe but now i quite enjoy my alo international with lcd hahaha
DAC i often use dacport centrance for transportable with my laptop
I often traveling here and there so i use portable stuffs alot...post #6296 of 71284/19/14 at 11:22pmpost #6297 of 71284/20/14 at 8:06ampost #6298 of 71284/20/14 at 8:09ampost #6299 of 71284/20/14 at 9:31am
- The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 29 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › NEW! Fostex TH610 Premium Reference Closed-Back Headphones 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › FS: Kumitate Lab Trio (Balanced 2.5mm TRRS) 3 minutes ago
- › No Shame on Audeze!!! Buyer needn't beware. 4 minutes ago
- › Soundmagic HP150 impressions thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Don't like ATH-M50x... how to change them? 5 minutes ago
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Tungsten & Woo-Audio WA22-SE Tube Amps... 5 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by k4rstar
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Peddler
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by earfonia
- › Monoprice Premium 8323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphone by 93EXCivic
- › LEAR LHF-AE1d hybrid fit earphones by mark2410
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...