- 1,238 Posts. Joined 6/2001
- Location: Chicago
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Who else suffers from very little usable range on the volume knob? Last post on 2/10/15 at 8:30am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Is the LCD-2 worth the $1k price? Last post on 3/15/16 at 5:21am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Asgard 2 dynamic range compression in high gain mode? Last post on 10/1/14 at 9:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Newbie Amp/DAC/Headphone Advice Last post on 12/13/14 at 8:10pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ordered new Audeze LCD 2s, expected 2.2s got 2.3s!!! Last post on 8/7/14 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Design/durability: Stellar build quality is one of the highlights of the Rockets. Pretty much every feature of it seems indestructible. The L-shaped jack seems very sturdy and has enough strain...
Hi guys, I'm surprised this little gizmo isn't more discussed here on head-fi and I happen to be having a lot of fun with it so I figured a brief review in order to build a discussion here would...
I've been listening with K-10 Customs a year now. Because of the almost total isolation I only use them when flying. They are the best sounding IEM I've ever encountered. IMO, they are really as...
Somic v2 Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to GearBest for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/809323/somic-v2-headphone-review-by-mark2410 Brief: Somic, the...
Disclaimer: I received this Jays q-Jays as part of the Australian/New Zealand tour that DJScope arranged. This is my honest opinion of the Jays q-Jays, and I am in no way affiliated with or work...
The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) - Page 420post #6286 of 71284/18/14 at 4:32pmI've had expensive headphones since before my son was born. He's 16 now and has never once messed with them. Lucky I guess.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6287 of 71284/18/14 at 4:55pmpost #6288 of 71284/18/14 at 11:41pmQuote:
That's interesting. The memory foam will compress more as it warms up, so makes me wonder if it sounds better to you as the drivers get slightly closer to your ears.post #6289 of 71284/19/14 at 1:04am
is there anyone use lcd2 for transportable?
i tried mini dac portable amp - alo international
which is compatible with idevice (using cck which is i am going to buy 1)
i tried with my laptop and it can drive lcd2 well as portable amppost #6290 of 71284/19/14 at 1:19am
Transportable or portable. Do you mean to take it somewhere and sitdown to listen, believe it or not the Fiio X3 has a good amount of volume on high gain, usually around 35-40 vol depending on music when I tried it - I think I listen pretty loud. I would never walk around with them on, but I would take it to a office or similar as long as leakage was not an issue.post #6291 of 71284/19/14 at 1:38ampost #6292 of 71284/19/14 at 1:38am
take it somewhere sit down and listen
yes, i tried it with several dap (include one time someone bring x3 here and i tried it), but i think they cant make is "sings well"
just enough to listen
and still, not enough "power"
and when i hear it from alo international (which is i bought after i hear it)
the power is different than when i hear it from dap (include x3, dx50, ak100, ak100mk2, etc)
even is not as good as the other big amp, but i think its good enough when i see how small the amp
:)post #6293 of 71284/19/14 at 4:21amQuote:
I wouldn't recommend portables for them, it would not provide the level of sound as a powerful desktop amp would. I guess some portables have lots of juice, but not as much as my Beta 22 or some other in that level.
I highly recommend ODAC, it is to my ears, sonically approved. What DACs are you guys using?post #6294 of 71284/19/14 at 6:37amAlo pan am and passport are transportable in a certain way (you don't need powering it up and last 9 hours on average)
and it sounds great !!!
for portable I would get some good iem and alo or fiio amp
Edited by TontonJoK - 4/19/14 at 6:38ampost #6295 of 71284/19/14 at 11:40amAh. Pan am i think is too big and the tube is quite trouble to carry here and there
Yes, i am an iem person hehehehe but now i quite enjoy my alo international with lcd hahaha
DAC i often use dacport centrance for transportable with my laptop
I often traveling here and there so i use portable stuffs alot...post #6296 of 71284/19/14 at 11:22pmpost #6297 of 71284/20/14 at 8:06ampost #6298 of 71284/20/14 at 8:09ampost #6299 of 71284/20/14 at 9:31am
- The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › OPPO PM-1 / PM-2 Loaner Program 8 seconds ago
- › Echobox Finder X1 review/impressions/discussion thread 11 seconds ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 37 seconds ago
- › Headphones with Magnepan detail (recommendations please) 57 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 2 minutes ago
- › New release - the AKG K553 Pro - featuring a killer Massdrop deal 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 2 minutes ago
- › Blox earbuds Discussion (TM7, M2C, ANV3, BE3/BE5/BE7) 2 minutes ago
- › How to improve audio quality from iPhone (e.g., Amp, DAC+Amp, EQ... 3 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › W4S Recovery USB Reclocker by leeperry
- › Noble Audio Kaiser K10UA universal aluminum by Saraguie
- › Somic v2 by mark2410
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by NeObliviscaris
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by avocadobeats123
- › Meze 99 Classics by joeq70
- › Edifier P185 Headphones Hi-Fi Classic Earbud Style Earphones With... by flamerz
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by TravAndAlex
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by OSiRiSsk
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...