- 623 Posts. Joined 6/2001
- Location: Chicago
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Asgard 2 dynamic range compression in high gain mode? Last post on 10/1/14 at 9:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Newbie Amp/DAC/Headphone Advice Last post on 12/13/14 at 8:10pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ordered new Audeze LCD 2s, expected 2.2s got 2.3s!!! Last post on 8/7/14 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Yesterday at 9:55 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $1000-$2000 [POLL] Last post on 10/6/14 at 12:41pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
It is really surprising to find this high quality CD performance in analog and digital format. When I connected it to Burson Audio Conductor, all the ignored CD library came back to life. This...
Got this earphones for the sole purpose of working out/biking. Tested out multiple sports headsets (similarly priced), from sennheiser and bose. They tend to sound better, especially than the...
Overall a great little card. Dolby headphone is amazing I preferred this card to my Sound Blaster Z, I sold that card when I needed a bit of money and bought this one to replace it for cheap and I...
I was in the market for a higher end 2.1 system when my search ended up at the Edifier website, I was impressed with the specs and decided to delve further, found a set at a nice price and pulled...
These are, without a doubt, the best In Ear Monitors that I own / have owned. Let me say that I purchased the pink color because it was far less expensive, less than $40. I purchased my pair from...
The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) - Page 420post #6286 of 67554/18/14 at 4:32pmI've had expensive headphones since before my son was born. He's 16 now and has never once messed with them. Lucky I guess.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6287 of 67554/18/14 at 4:55pmpost #6288 of 67554/18/14 at 11:41pmQuote:
That's interesting. The memory foam will compress more as it warms up, so makes me wonder if it sounds better to you as the drivers get slightly closer to your ears.post #6289 of 67554/19/14 at 1:04am
is there anyone use lcd2 for transportable?
i tried mini dac portable amp - alo international
which is compatible with idevice (using cck which is i am going to buy 1)
i tried with my laptop and it can drive lcd2 well as portable amppost #6290 of 67554/19/14 at 1:19am
Transportable or portable. Do you mean to take it somewhere and sitdown to listen, believe it or not the Fiio X3 has a good amount of volume on high gain, usually around 35-40 vol depending on music when I tried it - I think I listen pretty loud. I would never walk around with them on, but I would take it to a office or similar as long as leakage was not an issue.post #6291 of 67554/19/14 at 1:38ampost #6292 of 67554/19/14 at 1:38am
take it somewhere sit down and listen
yes, i tried it with several dap (include one time someone bring x3 here and i tried it), but i think they cant make is "sings well"
just enough to listen
and still, not enough "power"
and when i hear it from alo international (which is i bought after i hear it)
the power is different than when i hear it from dap (include x3, dx50, ak100, ak100mk2, etc)
even is not as good as the other big amp, but i think its good enough when i see how small the amp
:)post #6293 of 67554/19/14 at 4:21amQuote:
I wouldn't recommend portables for them, it would not provide the level of sound as a powerful desktop amp would. I guess some portables have lots of juice, but not as much as my Beta 22 or some other in that level.
I highly recommend ODAC, it is to my ears, sonically approved. What DACs are you guys using?post #6294 of 67554/19/14 at 6:37amAlo pan am and passport are transportable in a certain way (you don't need powering it up and last 9 hours on average)
and it sounds great !!!
for portable I would get some good iem and alo or fiio amp
Edited by TontonJoK - 4/19/14 at 6:38ampost #6295 of 67554/19/14 at 11:40amAh. Pan am i think is too big and the tube is quite trouble to carry here and there
Yes, i am an iem person hehehehe but now i quite enjoy my alo international with lcd hahaha
DAC i often use dacport centrance for transportable with my laptop
I often traveling here and there so i use portable stuffs alot...post #6296 of 67554/19/14 at 11:22pmpost #6297 of 67554/20/14 at 8:06ampost #6298 of 67554/20/14 at 8:09ampost #6299 of 67554/20/14 at 9:31am
- The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW DannyBai's take on the new Yamaha EPH... 2 minutes ago
- › QLS QA360: Another DSD-capable DAP 3 minutes ago
- › The Lambert "Play It By Ear" Headphone Amplifier - (DG Review) +... 3 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WDS-1 4 minutes ago
- › Xduoo Amplifiers 7 minutes ago
- › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread. 8 minutes ago
- › Narmoo's NEW S1 Dual dynamic supremus! 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 12 minutes ago
- › What pisses you off while you listening music? 12 minutes ago
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by BenKatz
- › Asus Xonar DGX by TsukiNick
- › Edifier S730 by Croozer
- › Velodyne vPulse In-Ear Headphones (Classic Black) by spinnin
- › QLS QA360 Portable HiFi Lossless Music Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by psblend
- › Meier Audio Corda Classic by longbowbbs
- › Klipsch Image S4i II Black In-Ear Headphones with Microphone by laurentiusjan
- › Audio Technica ATH-AD700 by witygass
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)