- 1,292 Posts. Joined 6/2001
- Location: Chicago
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Who else suffers from very little usable range on the volume knob? Last post on 2/10/15 at 8:30am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Is the LCD-2 worth the $1k price? Last post on 3/15/16 at 5:21am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Asgard 2 dynamic range compression in high gain mode? Last post on 10/1/14 at 9:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Newbie Amp/DAC/Headphone Advice Last post on 12/13/14 at 8:10pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ordered new Audeze LCD 2s, expected 2.2s got 2.3s!!! Last post on 8/7/14 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
So, this is my firest review on Head-Fi. My name is Jonny, I'm 23. Masters student studying Future Design, I work part time in my local phone store and I've been in love with audio since I was...
I would like to thank Christian from plusSound for providing the X8 GPC in return for my honest opinion. Introduction PlusSound started making cables around 2012, and has consistently been...
I've recentlty bougth them for office. All i wanted was a pair of fairly decent cans within the budget ive prepaired for this occasion. Unboxing was a surprise, in the package we get a nice pair...
If you are a bass head and like still like to hear to rest of the music, then this Burson V4 could be for you. Charles at Burson had offered the V5 in exchange for a honest evaluation. I did...
Preamble: Founded just last year in 2015, ORIVETI (http://www.oriveti.com/) is still a new company on the market that is however not new to the audio business, having members in their...
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) - Page 420
Gear mentioned in this thread:
That's interesting. The memory foam will compress more as it warms up, so makes me wonder if it sounds better to you as the drivers get slightly closer to your ears.
is there anyone use lcd2 for transportable?
i tried mini dac portable amp - alo international
which is compatible with idevice (using cck which is i am going to buy 1)
i tried with my laptop and it can drive lcd2 well as portable amp
Transportable or portable. Do you mean to take it somewhere and sitdown to listen, believe it or not the Fiio X3 has a good amount of volume on high gain, usually around 35-40 vol depending on music when I tried it - I think I listen pretty loud. I would never walk around with them on, but I would take it to a office or similar as long as leakage was not an issue.
take it somewhere sit down and listen
yes, i tried it with several dap (include one time someone bring x3 here and i tried it), but i think they cant make is "sings well"
just enough to listen
and still, not enough "power"
and when i hear it from alo international (which is i bought after i hear it)
the power is different than when i hear it from dap (include x3, dx50, ak100, ak100mk2, etc)
even is not as good as the other big amp, but i think its good enough when i see how small the amp
I wouldn't recommend portables for them, it would not provide the level of sound as a powerful desktop amp would. I guess some portables have lots of juice, but not as much as my Beta 22 or some other in that level.
I highly recommend ODAC, it is to my ears, sonically approved. What DACs are you guys using?
and it sounds great !!!
for portable I would get some good iem and alo or fiio amp
Edited by TontonJoK - 4/19/14 at 6:38am
Yes, i am an iem person hehehehe but now i quite enjoy my alo international with lcd hahaha
DAC i often use dacport centrance for transportable with my laptop
I often traveling here and there so i use portable stuffs alot...
- The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
- › Help with trading just now
- › Audeze LCD-X 54 seconds ago
- › 70-100 dollar headphones for music and gaming 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › B&O H7 Bluetooth Discussion and Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › What comes after the Layla II Titaniums/K10U rose gold? 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze iSine 20 by AudioJunki3
- › PlusSound X8 IEM Cable by flinkenick
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by d1554573r
- › Supreme Sound Opamp V4 by snellemin
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by HiFiChris
- › Audio-Opus Opus#2 by cleg
- › Meze 11 Neo by mgunin
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by Dsnuts
- › Audeze iSine 10 by neilmanalo
- › Stax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeaker by audiophilehe400
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear