- 506 Posts. Joined 6/2001
- Location: Chicago
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Newbie Amp/DAC/Headphone Advice Last post on 8/6/14 at 10:42am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ordered new Audeze LCD 2s, expected 2.2s got 2.3s!!! Last post on 8/7/14 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Yesterday at 9:34 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $1000-$2000 [POLL] Last post on 4/29/14 at 11:56pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $200-$1000 [POLL] Last post on 5/12/14 at 2:23am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) - Page 420post #6286 of 65994/18/14 at 4:32pmI've had expensive headphones since before my son was born. He's 16 now and has never once messed with them. Lucky I guess.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6287 of 65994/18/14 at 4:55pmpost #6288 of 65994/18/14 at 11:41pmQuote:
That's interesting. The memory foam will compress more as it warms up, so makes me wonder if it sounds better to you as the drivers get slightly closer to your ears.post #6289 of 65994/19/14 at 1:04am
is there anyone use lcd2 for transportable?
i tried mini dac portable amp - alo international
which is compatible with idevice (using cck which is i am going to buy 1)
i tried with my laptop and it can drive lcd2 well as portable amppost #6290 of 65994/19/14 at 1:19am
Transportable or portable. Do you mean to take it somewhere and sitdown to listen, believe it or not the Fiio X3 has a good amount of volume on high gain, usually around 35-40 vol depending on music when I tried it - I think I listen pretty loud. I would never walk around with them on, but I would take it to a office or similar as long as leakage was not an issue.post #6291 of 65994/19/14 at 1:38ampost #6292 of 65994/19/14 at 1:38am
take it somewhere sit down and listen
yes, i tried it with several dap (include one time someone bring x3 here and i tried it), but i think they cant make is "sings well"
just enough to listen
and still, not enough "power"
and when i hear it from alo international (which is i bought after i hear it)
the power is different than when i hear it from dap (include x3, dx50, ak100, ak100mk2, etc)
even is not as good as the other big amp, but i think its good enough when i see how small the amp
:)post #6293 of 65994/19/14 at 4:21amQuote:
I wouldn't recommend portables for them, it would not provide the level of sound as a powerful desktop amp would. I guess some portables have lots of juice, but not as much as my Beta 22 or some other in that level.
I highly recommend ODAC, it is to my ears, sonically approved. What DACs are you guys using?post #6294 of 65994/19/14 at 6:37amAlo pan am and passport are transportable in a certain way (you don't need powering it up and last 9 hours on average)
and it sounds great !!!
for portable I would get some good iem and alo or fiio amp
Edited by TontonJoK - 4/19/14 at 6:38ampost #6295 of 65994/19/14 at 11:40amAh. Pan am i think is too big and the tube is quite trouble to carry here and there
Yes, i am an iem person hehehehe but now i quite enjoy my alo international with lcd hahaha
DAC i often use dacport centrance for transportable with my laptop
I often traveling here and there so i use portable stuffs alot...post #6296 of 65994/19/14 at 11:22pmpost #6297 of 65994/20/14 at 8:06ampost #6298 of 65994/20/14 at 8:09ampost #6299 of 65994/20/14 at 9:31am
- The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Band Name Game II 1 second ago
- › The German Maestro GMP 8.35 D Monitor in the studio... serious... 27 seconds ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 40 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 45 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 50 seconds ago
- › Who here tried the Sennheiser Orpheus? 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 2 minutes ago
- › 9/13/14 Lawrence, Kansas Headfi meeting Impression. 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)