Tyll at Innerfidelity is supposed to have the full subjective and objective answer up soon on his site... but I personally went through and examined darn near every personalized FR graph posted, and starting after the change, there seems to be more dependable high treble air (10-20kHz), and a bass dip of about 3 dB at 40 hZ, and not as much of the incredible linearity from extreme lows all the way through to 1 or more kHz. On the positive subjective side, there is reported increased soundstage/imaging noted as 'holographic,' and perhaps an increase in detail. FWIW, I've put off my purchase until more reviews comparing the Fazor to non-Fazor are out.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for movies Last post on 11/20/12 at 3:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help in deciding on an AMP, DAC and headphones for around £1600 Last post on 11/16/12 at 7:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Will the SRH1840 be good for metal and rock + gaming? Last post on 10/13/12 at 7:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- choosing an open can Last post on 10/4/12 at 8:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best open headphone for rock and metal? Last post on 1/4/14 at 10:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
Edit1: Supposedly you have to burn this in for a while and you have to leave it on constantly to warm up or whatever according to the manual, but I wrote the review below after only about an hour...
The best phones I've tried so far. I tried some well-burnt-in beyerdynamic and others in similar price range in a store, and I have owned the 601 before. I also own closed cans, e.g. the K271, and...
First of all, a big THANK YOU to @svyr and @H20Fidelity for organising this Australian tour. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included in this...
The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) - Page 417post #6241 of 62484/14/14 at 7:49am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6242 of 62484/15/14 at 9:43amWhile i haven't heard the pre-fazor lcd-2, the fazor equipped pair i have is quite holographic. Considerably more than my he-500. Imaging is on par with my hd-700, which is already exceptional in that regard, although hd700 has larger soundstage.
Anyone compared the lcd2.2 to the jh13 freqphase? I find them very very similar, more similar than my he-500s or hd700. I was suprised to find this, because i expected the jh13's to be more bright, but the treble response in particular seems to be very similar, as it is clear as a bell but not at all harsh or sibilant.post #6243 of 62484/15/14 at 4:14pmpost #6244 of 62484/15/14 at 4:17pmlcd2's are darker, but not much. It's really just the he-500's 9-10khz spike that makes them sound brighter, in combination with their more airy and spacious presentation. For most music i find the lcd-2 treble more enjoyable and realistic. It doesn't lack any detain despite the slightly darker treble, imo.post #6245 of 62484/15/14 at 5:51pmpost #6246 of 62484/15/14 at 6:29pmQuote:
God damn it.post #6247 of 62484/15/14 at 7:57pm
When I go back to my O2 from Beta 22, it sounds bloated and sounds distorted. I guess the Beta 22 has more control over the sound. Beta 22 is not very forward sounding I've noticed, kinda laid back. The vocals are not as forward as the O2, but definitely much tighter sounding and clearer. I have the LCD 2.2post #6248 of 62484/16/14 at 1:43amI find that HE-500 and LCD-2 are pretty comparable with HE-500 sounding a bit brighter. Otherwise in my collection I could interchange them freely. I like the leather pads and mini-XLR terminals on the 2's however.
I've been off Head-Fi for a couple weeks, but is the Fazor something worth buying into or is it just another subtle change they've made with the LCD-2?
I say this because I am guilty of buying a new set of LCD-2 because I thought it was different when all they did was introduce bamboo and angled connectors lol.
- The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › FiiO X1, the most portable and affordable high resolution DAP from... 44 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 1 minute ago
- › Need help/recs for closed headphones $250 or thereabout for... 1 minute ago
- › Forza AudioWorks - The Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Heir Audio announces the IEM 8.0 2 minutes ago
- › Help choosing programming headphones/iems 4 minutes ago
- › Quality on ear cans on a budget 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for all members in Turkey 8 minutes ago
- › Need help picking a headphone or headset for gaming 8 minutes ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 9 minutes ago
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › Burson Audio - Conductor SL 9018 - Headphone Amp and DAC by ag8908
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by Ultramus
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Skullcandy Fix In Ear Headphone With 3 Button Remote - White / Chrome by killeraxemannic
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob