- 125 Posts. Joined 5/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Who else suffers from very little usable range on the volume knob? Last post on 2/10/15 at 8:30am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Is the LCD-2 worth the $1k price? Last post on 3/15/16 at 5:21am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Asgard 2 dynamic range compression in high gain mode? Last post on 10/1/14 at 9:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Newbie Amp/DAC/Headphone Advice Last post on 12/13/14 at 8:10pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ordered new Audeze LCD 2s, expected 2.2s got 2.3s!!! Last post on 8/7/14 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
All instruments come to live with pm1, crystal clear and smooth at the same time. Pm1 made my Sennheiser hd650 and Grado reference 1 sound harsh and incomplete. I had some time to listen to hd800...
The Fiil Diva headphone is probably one of the most intuitive headphones south of $200. They have features that make them almost 3-4 headphones in one, currently they can be had for about $129 on...
Recently My Noble 5 developed a rattle on the left side, so I sent them back to Noble, in return they upgraded me to the Dulce Bass, I've had these for 3 days now and let me tell you what a step up...
My first Head-Fi review. Pledged for these on Kickstarter this year. I own full range electrostatic speakers (Acoustat 3) and electret headphones (Audio Technica AT706). The Mitchell & Johnson...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I didn't really know about PaiAudio at all until very recently when I was approached by Alex Fan...
The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) - Page 414post #6196 of 71283/25/14 at 1:57pmI have some conclusions but would really appreciate to know if they removed sound below 30hz that existed, or it never existed a anyway. Thanks
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6197 of 71283/25/14 at 2:00pmpost #6198 of 71283/25/14 at 2:03pmpost #6199 of 71283/25/14 at 2:06pmpost #6200 of 71283/25/14 at 2:11pm
Ah, sorry, no. Not on the LCD2. Was just browsing and hit that link.
I'd be pretty surprised if you could hear it on the LCD2 because of the open back. At that frequency it's mostly pressure waves that you'd feel, not a tone you'd hear. On a closed back headphone that'll result in some pretty gnarly pressure sensations on the ear, but with an open back the energy will go outward and you won't get much from it.post #6201 of 71283/25/14 at 2:14pmpost #6202 of 71283/25/14 at 2:54pmLCD-2.2, graphs posted earlier in thread. All three of the files produce clean audible and loud bass. The file below 20hz I can feel...and I can produce an audible beat frequency if I play a second audible tone from my speaker system. Even with the cutoff of the graph you posted (only 5db) you should hear these clearly.post #6203 of 71283/25/14 at 3:30pmpost #6204 of 71283/25/14 at 3:49pmpost #6205 of 71283/25/14 at 4:25pm
My early 2014 LCD-2 certainly produces 20Hz, though the volume is a bit recessed from 30Hz (which my graph supports). So, I find I have to turn up the volume to get the obtain a similar sound pressure level as 30Hz. I get no pops whatsoever, just a clean sensation of fluctuating pressure.
Certainly a possibility; a tuning tweak is my suspicion...looking forward to Tyll's comments on this. I've noticed that a number of the late 2013 to 2014 graphs don't show a perfectly linear low-end like the earlier versions did.
Edited by JoelT - 3/25/14 at 4:27pmpost #6206 of 71283/25/14 at 5:48pm
apologies i was playing the wrong file (i have many test files) - playing the files i uploaded produced 'sound' right down to about 12-13Hz. but definitely much softer under 30Hz.
shall we call it the LCD 2.5 since it's halfway to a 3 presumably LOLpost #6207 of 71283/25/14 at 5:48pmpost #6208 of 71283/25/14 at 5:54pm
whereas mine is a full 15dB between 4kHz and 40Hz and 12dB between 4kHz and 12kHz
definitely much unveiled almost sparkly treble. i seriously have heard stuff i never heard before at the top end, but without annoying. (i almost died testing dt 990 pro 250 - i am 100% intolerant to sibilance)post #6209 of 71283/25/14 at 5:54pmpost #6210 of 71284/1/14 at 3:56amQuote:
just noticed this post
I used the combo lcd2.2+graham ulde till a couple of months ago
very nice sound but I felt something missing too
so I "upgraded" to a burson conductor
that for sure as more juicy of the ulde, and you can feel immediately
but the graham sound better..less grainy and more linear and dark separation, and I prefer the size of the graham as well
I guess the ulde with the lcd X should be amazing
pay attention to the dac, I used a concero hd that missed a bit of detail
much better the dac inside the burson, but again: very grainy and noisy form the usb port
right now I m listening audeze/conductor using the concero hd as converter
and it s wonderful
- The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 2 seconds ago
- › Songs that make us bust a move! 38 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 39 seconds ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 45 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 4 minutes ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 7 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-1 by Sam 88
- › Fiil Diva Bluetooth, Noise Cancelling Headphones by Tom22
- › Noble Audio Dulce Bass UIEM by darober2
- › Mitchell & Johnson Electrostatz (GL2) Kickstarter Edition -... by barondla
- › 3.14 MR3 Music Headphones, BA Balanced Armature Headphones with 3... by Brooko
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by reikoshea
- › Fostex T50RP MK3 Professional Studio Headphones, Semi-Open by reikoshea
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...