- 118 Posts. Joined 5/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Newbie Amp/DAC/Headphone Advice Last post on 8/6/14 at 10:42am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ordered new Audeze LCD 2s, expected 2.2s got 2.3s!!! Last post on 8/7/14 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Yesterday at 11:30 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $1000-$2000 [POLL] Last post on 4/29/14 at 11:56pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $200-$1000 [POLL] Last post on 9/27/14 at 2:54pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Prior to owning the Ref 1, Tralucent Audio was primarily known to me for it Uber cable as well as its silver/gold cable. I own both cables terminated for Fitear customs. I have had the Ref 1...
Introduction – As the current flagship of the young company Brainwavz, the R3 has a quite a lot on its shoulders. Utilizing a relatively new dual-dynamic driver configuration, uncommon with most...
Disclaimer: a. I am in no way affiliated with Fiio b. The X1 audition was a part of a world tour audition. c. There is no monetary or in kind gain due to the audition. With the disclaimer...
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) - Page 414post #6196 of 66093/25/14 at 1:57pmI have some conclusions but would really appreciate to know if they removed sound below 30hz that existed, or it never existed a anyway. Thanks
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6197 of 66093/25/14 at 2:00pmpost #6198 of 66093/25/14 at 2:03pmpost #6199 of 66093/25/14 at 2:06pmpost #6200 of 66093/25/14 at 2:11pm
Ah, sorry, no. Not on the LCD2. Was just browsing and hit that link.
I'd be pretty surprised if you could hear it on the LCD2 because of the open back. At that frequency it's mostly pressure waves that you'd feel, not a tone you'd hear. On a closed back headphone that'll result in some pretty gnarly pressure sensations on the ear, but with an open back the energy will go outward and you won't get much from it.post #6201 of 66093/25/14 at 2:14pmpost #6202 of 66093/25/14 at 2:54pmLCD-2.2, graphs posted earlier in thread. All three of the files produce clean audible and loud bass. The file below 20hz I can feel...and I can produce an audible beat frequency if I play a second audible tone from my speaker system. Even with the cutoff of the graph you posted (only 5db) you should hear these clearly.post #6203 of 66093/25/14 at 3:30pmpost #6204 of 66093/25/14 at 3:49pmpost #6205 of 66093/25/14 at 4:25pm
My early 2014 LCD-2 certainly produces 20Hz, though the volume is a bit recessed from 30Hz (which my graph supports). So, I find I have to turn up the volume to get the obtain a similar sound pressure level as 30Hz. I get no pops whatsoever, just a clean sensation of fluctuating pressure.
Certainly a possibility; a tuning tweak is my suspicion...looking forward to Tyll's comments on this. I've noticed that a number of the late 2013 to 2014 graphs don't show a perfectly linear low-end like the earlier versions did.
Edited by JoelT - 3/25/14 at 4:27pmpost #6206 of 66093/25/14 at 5:48pm
apologies i was playing the wrong file (i have many test files) - playing the files i uploaded produced 'sound' right down to about 12-13Hz. but definitely much softer under 30Hz.
shall we call it the LCD 2.5 since it's halfway to a 3 presumably LOLpost #6207 of 66093/25/14 at 5:48pmpost #6208 of 66093/25/14 at 5:54pm
whereas mine is a full 15dB between 4kHz and 40Hz and 12dB between 4kHz and 12kHz
definitely much unveiled almost sparkly treble. i seriously have heard stuff i never heard before at the top end, but without annoying. (i almost died testing dt 990 pro 250 - i am 100% intolerant to sibilance)post #6209 of 66093/25/14 at 5:54pmpost #6210 of 66094/1/14 at 3:56amQuote:
just noticed this post
I used the combo lcd2.2+graham ulde till a couple of months ago
very nice sound but I felt something missing too
so I "upgraded" to a burson conductor
that for sure as more juicy of the ulde, and you can feel immediately
but the graham sound better..less grainy and more linear and dark separation, and I prefer the size of the graham as well
I guess the ulde with the lcd X should be amazing
pay attention to the dac, I used a concero hd that missed a bit of detail
much better the dac inside the burson, but again: very grainy and noisy form the usb port
right now I m listening audeze/conductor using the concero hd as converter
and it s wonderful
- The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › GAS? 14 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 1 minute ago
- › High-End Earbuds (Dasetn, Tingo, Blox, Yuin etc) and Earbud Gear... 1 minute ago
- › Toronto Winter 2014 Meet 1 minute ago
- › A New Apex product!!! Name it HERE!!! 1 minute ago
- › I have $1000 for audio in my new computer build. Is this my best... 2 minutes ago
- › amp & headphone advice? 2 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 3 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kiats
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Audiophile1811
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by hitchhiker
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)