- 118 Posts. Joined 5/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Newbie Amp/DAC/Headphone Advice Last post on 8/6/14 at 10:42am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ordered new Audeze LCD 2s, expected 2.2s got 2.3s!!! Last post on 8/7/14 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $1000-$2000 [POLL] Last post on 4/29/14 at 11:56pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $200-$1000 [POLL] Last post on 5/12/14 at 2:23am in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiman 400 vs 500 ????? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) - Page 414post #6196 of 65683/25/14 at 1:57pmI have some conclusions but would really appreciate to know if they removed sound below 30hz that existed, or it never existed a anyway. Thanks
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6197 of 65683/25/14 at 2:00pmpost #6198 of 65683/25/14 at 2:03pmpost #6199 of 65683/25/14 at 2:06pmpost #6200 of 65683/25/14 at 2:11pm
Ah, sorry, no. Not on the LCD2. Was just browsing and hit that link.
I'd be pretty surprised if you could hear it on the LCD2 because of the open back. At that frequency it's mostly pressure waves that you'd feel, not a tone you'd hear. On a closed back headphone that'll result in some pretty gnarly pressure sensations on the ear, but with an open back the energy will go outward and you won't get much from it.post #6201 of 65683/25/14 at 2:14pmpost #6202 of 65683/25/14 at 2:54pmLCD-2.2, graphs posted earlier in thread. All three of the files produce clean audible and loud bass. The file below 20hz I can feel...and I can produce an audible beat frequency if I play a second audible tone from my speaker system. Even with the cutoff of the graph you posted (only 5db) you should hear these clearly.post #6203 of 65683/25/14 at 3:30pmpost #6204 of 65683/25/14 at 3:49pmpost #6205 of 65683/25/14 at 4:25pm
My early 2014 LCD-2 certainly produces 20Hz, though the volume is a bit recessed from 30Hz (which my graph supports). So, I find I have to turn up the volume to get the obtain a similar sound pressure level as 30Hz. I get no pops whatsoever, just a clean sensation of fluctuating pressure.
Certainly a possibility; a tuning tweak is my suspicion...looking forward to Tyll's comments on this. I've noticed that a number of the late 2013 to 2014 graphs don't show a perfectly linear low-end like the earlier versions did.
Edited by JoelT - 3/25/14 at 4:27pmpost #6206 of 65683/25/14 at 5:48pm
apologies i was playing the wrong file (i have many test files) - playing the files i uploaded produced 'sound' right down to about 12-13Hz. but definitely much softer under 30Hz.
shall we call it the LCD 2.5 since it's halfway to a 3 presumably LOLpost #6207 of 65683/25/14 at 5:48pmpost #6208 of 65683/25/14 at 5:54pm
whereas mine is a full 15dB between 4kHz and 40Hz and 12dB between 4kHz and 12kHz
definitely much unveiled almost sparkly treble. i seriously have heard stuff i never heard before at the top end, but without annoying. (i almost died testing dt 990 pro 250 - i am 100% intolerant to sibilance)post #6209 of 65683/25/14 at 5:54pmpost #6210 of 65684/1/14 at 3:56amQuote:
just noticed this post
I used the combo lcd2.2+graham ulde till a couple of months ago
very nice sound but I felt something missing too
so I "upgraded" to a burson conductor
that for sure as more juicy of the ulde, and you can feel immediately
but the graham sound better..less grainy and more linear and dark separation, and I prefer the size of the graham as well
I guess the ulde with the lcd X should be amazing
pay attention to the dac, I used a concero hd that missed a bit of detail
much better the dac inside the burson, but again: very grainy and noisy form the usb port
right now I m listening audeze/conductor using the concero hd as converter
and it s wonderful
- The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 46 seconds ago
- › How to Connect Chord Hugo To Mac 49 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 3 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA6SE Headphone Amplifier (3 months old, warranty is... 5 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with modded FW intl ver 2 (Latest... 5 minutes ago
- › SOLD: LNIB FiiO E18 Portable Dac + AMP with box, accessories, and... 7 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)