- 118 Posts. Joined 5/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for movies Last post on 11/20/12 at 3:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help in deciding on an AMP, DAC and headphones for around £1600 Last post on 11/16/12 at 7:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Will the SRH1840 be good for metal and rock + gaming? Last post on 10/13/12 at 7:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- choosing an open can Last post on 10/4/12 at 8:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best open headphone for rock and metal? Last post on 1/4/14 at 10:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Design and Comfort S5 is a new higher-end in-ear-monitor from Brainwavz retailing at about US$100. I’m glad Brainwavz has offerings at most price points below $200. It's great that companies such...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) - Page 414post #6196 of 65433/25/14 at 1:57pmI have some conclusions but would really appreciate to know if they removed sound below 30hz that existed, or it never existed a anyway. Thanks
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6197 of 65433/25/14 at 2:00pmpost #6198 of 65433/25/14 at 2:03pmpost #6199 of 65433/25/14 at 2:06pmpost #6200 of 65433/25/14 at 2:11pm
Ah, sorry, no. Not on the LCD2. Was just browsing and hit that link.
I'd be pretty surprised if you could hear it on the LCD2 because of the open back. At that frequency it's mostly pressure waves that you'd feel, not a tone you'd hear. On a closed back headphone that'll result in some pretty gnarly pressure sensations on the ear, but with an open back the energy will go outward and you won't get much from it.post #6201 of 65433/25/14 at 2:14pmpost #6202 of 65433/25/14 at 2:54pmLCD-2.2, graphs posted earlier in thread. All three of the files produce clean audible and loud bass. The file below 20hz I can feel...and I can produce an audible beat frequency if I play a second audible tone from my speaker system. Even with the cutoff of the graph you posted (only 5db) you should hear these clearly.post #6203 of 65433/25/14 at 3:30pmpost #6204 of 65433/25/14 at 3:49pmpost #6205 of 65433/25/14 at 4:25pm
My early 2014 LCD-2 certainly produces 20Hz, though the volume is a bit recessed from 30Hz (which my graph supports). So, I find I have to turn up the volume to get the obtain a similar sound pressure level as 30Hz. I get no pops whatsoever, just a clean sensation of fluctuating pressure.
Certainly a possibility; a tuning tweak is my suspicion...looking forward to Tyll's comments on this. I've noticed that a number of the late 2013 to 2014 graphs don't show a perfectly linear low-end like the earlier versions did.
Edited by JoelT - 3/25/14 at 4:27pmpost #6206 of 65433/25/14 at 5:48pm
apologies i was playing the wrong file (i have many test files) - playing the files i uploaded produced 'sound' right down to about 12-13Hz. but definitely much softer under 30Hz.
shall we call it the LCD 2.5 since it's halfway to a 3 presumably LOLpost #6207 of 65433/25/14 at 5:48pmpost #6208 of 65433/25/14 at 5:54pm
whereas mine is a full 15dB between 4kHz and 40Hz and 12dB between 4kHz and 12kHz
definitely much unveiled almost sparkly treble. i seriously have heard stuff i never heard before at the top end, but without annoying. (i almost died testing dt 990 pro 250 - i am 100% intolerant to sibilance)post #6209 of 65433/25/14 at 5:54pmpost #6210 of 65434/1/14 at 3:56amQuote:
just noticed this post
I used the combo lcd2.2+graham ulde till a couple of months ago
very nice sound but I felt something missing too
so I "upgraded" to a burson conductor
that for sure as more juicy of the ulde, and you can feel immediately
but the graham sound better..less grainy and more linear and dark separation, and I prefer the size of the graham as well
I guess the ulde with the lcd X should be amazing
pay attention to the dac, I used a concero hd that missed a bit of detail
much better the dac inside the burson, but again: very grainy and noisy form the usb port
right now I m listening audeze/conductor using the concero hd as converter
and it s wonderful
- The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 14 seconds ago
- › LAMPIZATOR THREAD COMMENTS REVIEWS TUNING 14 seconds ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 1 minute ago
- › Need a Place to test headphones on Long Island... 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 3 minutes ago
- › Dsavitsk/Beezar Torpedo Build Thread 3 minutes ago
- › What to IEM's to get. 3 minutes ago
- › Cary SLP05 Preamplifier 3 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by kingpage
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)