- 118 Posts. Joined 5/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Newbie Amp/DAC/Headphone Advice Last post on 8/6/14 at 10:42am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ordered new Audeze LCD 2s, expected 2.2s got 2.3s!!! Last post on 8/7/14 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 8:37 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $1000-$2000 [POLL] Last post on 4/29/14 at 11:56pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $200-$1000 [POLL] Last post on 5/12/14 at 2:23am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
Presentation That's a lovely box it comes in. I'm not being snarky at all; it really is nice. Totally for presentation though, not for transport/portability. Construction The...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images The formula above in the title simply refers to Sound Quality + Build Quality + Perceived Value. ...
So I've had this thing for a bit now... first one to ship into the wild and arrive at its home. I'd say I'm pretty confident I know what this thing sounds like. The interface is classic...
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) - Page 414post #6196 of 65993/25/14 at 1:57pmI have some conclusions but would really appreciate to know if they removed sound below 30hz that existed, or it never existed a anyway. Thanks
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6197 of 65993/25/14 at 2:00pmpost #6198 of 65993/25/14 at 2:03pmpost #6199 of 65993/25/14 at 2:06pmpost #6200 of 65993/25/14 at 2:11pm
Ah, sorry, no. Not on the LCD2. Was just browsing and hit that link.
I'd be pretty surprised if you could hear it on the LCD2 because of the open back. At that frequency it's mostly pressure waves that you'd feel, not a tone you'd hear. On a closed back headphone that'll result in some pretty gnarly pressure sensations on the ear, but with an open back the energy will go outward and you won't get much from it.post #6201 of 65993/25/14 at 2:14pmpost #6202 of 65993/25/14 at 2:54pmLCD-2.2, graphs posted earlier in thread. All three of the files produce clean audible and loud bass. The file below 20hz I can feel...and I can produce an audible beat frequency if I play a second audible tone from my speaker system. Even with the cutoff of the graph you posted (only 5db) you should hear these clearly.post #6203 of 65993/25/14 at 3:30pmpost #6204 of 65993/25/14 at 3:49pmpost #6205 of 65993/25/14 at 4:25pm
My early 2014 LCD-2 certainly produces 20Hz, though the volume is a bit recessed from 30Hz (which my graph supports). So, I find I have to turn up the volume to get the obtain a similar sound pressure level as 30Hz. I get no pops whatsoever, just a clean sensation of fluctuating pressure.
Certainly a possibility; a tuning tweak is my suspicion...looking forward to Tyll's comments on this. I've noticed that a number of the late 2013 to 2014 graphs don't show a perfectly linear low-end like the earlier versions did.
Edited by JoelT - 3/25/14 at 4:27pmpost #6206 of 65993/25/14 at 5:48pm
apologies i was playing the wrong file (i have many test files) - playing the files i uploaded produced 'sound' right down to about 12-13Hz. but definitely much softer under 30Hz.
shall we call it the LCD 2.5 since it's halfway to a 3 presumably LOLpost #6207 of 65993/25/14 at 5:48pmpost #6208 of 65993/25/14 at 5:54pm
whereas mine is a full 15dB between 4kHz and 40Hz and 12dB between 4kHz and 12kHz
definitely much unveiled almost sparkly treble. i seriously have heard stuff i never heard before at the top end, but without annoying. (i almost died testing dt 990 pro 250 - i am 100% intolerant to sibilance)post #6209 of 65993/25/14 at 5:54pmpost #6210 of 65994/1/14 at 3:56amQuote:
just noticed this post
I used the combo lcd2.2+graham ulde till a couple of months ago
very nice sound but I felt something missing too
so I "upgraded" to a burson conductor
that for sure as more juicy of the ulde, and you can feel immediately
but the graham sound better..less grainy and more linear and dark separation, and I prefer the size of the graham as well
I guess the ulde with the lcd X should be amazing
pay attention to the dac, I used a concero hd that missed a bit of detail
much better the dac inside the burson, but again: very grainy and noisy form the usb port
right now I m listening audeze/conductor using the concero hd as converter
and it s wonderful
- The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Band Name Game II 30 seconds ago
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 34 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 59 seconds ago
- › NEW AKM DACs. Anyone have any experience with these new "flagship"... 1 minute ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 2 minutes ago
- › Tools for Analyzing the Quality of Mastering 2 minutes ago
- › VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 headphones and 10' Stefan Audio Art cable 5 minutes ago
- › Soundstage Width and Cross-feed: Some Observations 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)