Yes sorry EDM producers but they are DJ's as well.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Who else suffers from very little usable range on the volume knob? Last post on 2/10/15 at 8:30am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Is the LCD-2 worth the $1k price? Last post on 3/15/16 at 5:21am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Asgard 2 dynamic range compression in high gain mode? Last post on 10/1/14 at 9:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Newbie Amp/DAC/Headphone Advice Last post on 12/13/14 at 8:10pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ordered new Audeze LCD 2s, expected 2.2s got 2.3s!!! Last post on 8/7/14 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of New Zealand tour arranged by @Brooko & @Andykong, thank you very much for including me in this tour :) Introduction I am just another music fans in this...
Ok so it is 2017 and I'm late to the party but I just got this headphone from Singapore Jaben because it seems they were clearing their stock. I got this for a whooping $34.90 SGD!! When I looked...
Have you ever felt like the spark that used to be there just vanished? That the world, once bright and colorful became bland and dull over time? That you no longer feel the joy, the excitement and...
Work in progress. I need to practice my English a bit...
Heard these with Chord Hugo and boy oh boy was I unimpressed... These are not worth anywhere their price point where their sound is concerned. Decently comfortable though. (The sound signature...
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) - Page 396
Gear mentioned in this thread:
He was referring to DJ's that also produce - and which cans they use when producing.
I know few of the worlds best EDM DJ's use the HD800's for mastering and such. I know 3 local sound recording engineers that setup gigs for massive events use the HD800's as well as monitors for mastering, one of them I know personally from while back and measured my modded rev.1's.
I've never seen HD600's in studios.
"Not with the guys I've worked with over the years" doesn't mean "it doesn't happen". For live gigs, people either use customs or DT770s anyway, mostly. I've seen people use HD25ii in studios, and live. At the end of the day, It doesn't really matter, if it's a signature you are accustomed to, then you'll work best with it. As you said, it's better to have a number of references (monitors) anyway, and not just rely on one sound signature for your work.
Oddly enough, a lot of Audio technica and Beyer Dynamic. But I deal with mostly live stuff anyway
Definitely a few surprises in their ambassador list!
if you look up those trailer videos about upcoming video games with video game designers talking about their game, you will often see akgs, audio-technica, or sennheiser headphones on their headphones. I think the titanfall trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAjBRbL1iWk) had a lot of interesting headphone choices on designer's desks background or ears.
When I listen to music I find myself looking for details what is good !!
Great cans !
LCD2 are presented as bass king so I try to find answer to questioning :
I have a lake people g100 it is a solid state amp (very neutral)
It brings at 60 ohms
2053 pa (mw)
11.1 ua (v)
23 ua dbu
Is it enough power ?, I feel less bass slams and quantity than with the he400's
I'm wondering if it would be useful to change the amplification
some advices would be great
Edited by TontonJoK - 2/2/14 at 12:20am
HE-400's have more bass than LCD2's.
But LCD2's sound quality is another level of whip cream the HE-400 cannot compete with.
If you want big bang boom boom bass, hook LCD2 to vintage integrated amp and turn up that bass dial to 5 ' O clock position boy!.
The only problem is the room I have for the amp, my set up is with my p.c and the amp on my desk
Something like schiit lyr dimensions would be ok (but with no hiss or hum )
Edited by TontonJoK - 2/2/14 at 1:13am
Calm your t i ts bro I was blazing so I'm bit out of my usual self.
@Tonton Jok: Ophidian/Enzyme fan?
YEP Love Ophidian/Enzyme
and others old school house hard core
Edited by TontonJoK - 2/2/14 at 2:43am
- The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 2 minutes ago
- › = HE-560 Enhancement Mod (v1.5) = 2 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › New Burson Conductor - V2 and V2+ 3 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Absolute best budget earbuds? 5 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 6 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 by daduy
- › Goldring DR150 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by themindfreak
- › Sparkos Labs SS3602 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ by VintageFlanker
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by GirgleMirt
- › Onkyo E700M In-ear headphones Black with microphone by doraymon
- › K240 DF by asymcon
- › TWag V4 Litz ciem replacement cable by tex thai
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by Varun Shankar
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear