Yes sorry EDM producers but they are DJ's as well.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Who else suffers from very little usable range on the volume knob? Last post on 2/10/15 at 8:30am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Is the LCD-2 worth the $1k price? Last post on 3/15/16 at 5:21am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Asgard 2 dynamic range compression in high gain mode? Last post on 10/1/14 at 9:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Newbie Amp/DAC/Headphone Advice Last post on 12/13/14 at 8:10pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ordered new Audeze LCD 2s, expected 2.2s got 2.3s!!! Last post on 8/7/14 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Ok I have been using a pair of these for several years. I logged on because there are way too many positive reviews of these things. Firstly: everything I mix on these is significantly...
Never thought this day would come but I guess blunders are inevitable. There is no denying the Beyerdynamic T5p is one attractive looking Headphone, I think it's among the most beautiful and...
I didn't have much expectations when i ordered this headphone from GearBest back in january 2016..it took around 3 weeks to arrive and the packaging was simple. The moment i unpacked the box i got...
Note: I bought the Trinity Phantom Sabre in the pre-order period for ~75€. The Value rating is based on the full retail price of around 150€. Manufacturer website:...
Bluedio Vinyl Plus Bluetooth Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Bluedio for the sample. Full review...
The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) - Page 396post #5926 of 71282/1/14 at 10:57pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5927 of 71282/1/14 at 11:04pmQuote:
He was referring to DJ's that also produce - and which cans they use when producing.Quote:Originally Posted by DefQon
I know few of the worlds best EDM DJ's use the HD800's for mastering and such. I know 3 local sound recording engineers that setup gigs for massive events use the HD800's as well as monitors for mastering, one of them I know personally from while back and measured my modded rev.1's.
I've never seen HD600's in studios.
"Not with the guys I've worked with over the years" doesn't mean "it doesn't happen". For live gigs, people either use customs or DT770s anyway, mostly. I've seen people use HD25ii in studios, and live. At the end of the day, It doesn't really matter, if it's a signature you are accustomed to, then you'll work best with it. As you said, it's better to have a number of references (monitors) anyway, and not just rely on one sound signature for your work.post #5928 of 71282/1/14 at 11:05pmQuote:
Oddly enough, a lot of Audio technica and Beyer Dynamic. But I deal with mostly live stuff anywaypost #5929 of 71282/1/14 at 11:10pmpost #5930 of 71282/1/14 at 11:12pmQuote:
Definitely a few surprises in their ambassador list!post #5931 of 71282/1/14 at 11:35pm
if you look up those trailer videos about upcoming video games with video game designers talking about their game, you will often see akgs, audio-technica, or sennheiser headphones on their headphones. I think the titanfall trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAjBRbL1iWk) had a lot of interesting headphone choices on designer's desks background or ears.post #5932 of 71282/1/14 at 11:37pmpost #5933 of 71282/2/14 at 12:01amJust received my new Lcd 2.2 bamboo,
When I listen to music I find myself looking for details what is good !!
Great cans !
LCD2 are presented as bass king so I try to find answer to questioning :
I have a lake people g100 it is a solid state amp (very neutral)
It brings at 60 ohms
2053 pa (mw)
11.1 ua (v)
23 ua dbu
Is it enough power ?, I feel less bass slams and quantity than with the he400's
I'm wondering if it would be useful to change the amplification
some advices would be great
Edited by TontonJoK - 2/2/14 at 12:20ampost #5934 of 71282/2/14 at 12:11am
HE-400's have more bass than LCD2's.
But LCD2's sound quality is another level of whip cream the HE-400 cannot compete with.
If you want big bang boom boom bass, hook LCD2 to vintage integrated amp and turn up that bass dial to 5 ' O clock position boy!.post #5935 of 71282/2/14 at 12:16ampost #5936 of 71282/2/14 at 12:16amThanks
The only problem is the room I have for the amp, my set up is with my p.c and the amp on my desk
Something like schiit lyr dimensions would be ok (but with no hiss or hum )
Edited by TontonJoK - 2/2/14 at 1:13ampost #5937 of 71282/2/14 at 1:36ampost #5938 of 71282/2/14 at 2:06amQuote:
Calm your t i ts bro I was blazing so I'm bit out of my usual self.
@Tonton Jok: Ophidian/Enzyme fan?post #5939 of 71282/2/14 at 2:14ampost #5940 of 71282/2/14 at 2:23amQuote:
YEP Love Ophidian/Enzyme
and others old school house hard core
Edited by TontonJoK - 2/2/14 at 2:43am
- The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 8 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 20 seconds ago
- › V-Moda Crossfade M-100 27 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 41 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA-8 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Talai
- › Shure SRH840 by haroldtheboss
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by MrTechAgent
- › Xiaomi Piston Colorful Starter Edition by aNtzE
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - PHANTOM SABRE by FUYU
- › Bluedio Vinyl Plus Luxury Wireless Bluetooth Headphones(Black) by mark2410
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by ostewart
- › Philips Fidelio S2 by Jemuillot
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by ryanjsoo
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by hankaberle
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...