Yes sorry EDM producers but they are DJ's as well.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Who else suffers from very little usable range on the volume knob? Last post on 2/10/15 at 8:30am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Is the LCD-2 worth the $1k price? Last post on 3/15/16 at 5:21am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Asgard 2 dynamic range compression in high gain mode? Last post on 10/1/14 at 9:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Newbie Amp/DAC/Headphone Advice Last post on 12/13/14 at 8:10pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ordered new Audeze LCD 2s, expected 2.2s got 2.3s!!! Last post on 8/7/14 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
I got the same kind but of course in purple Philips SHE3590PP/28 In-Ear Headphones (Purple) - there is basically no based and I had to turn the volume way up to hear sound that didn't sound cheap.
Soundaware M1 Pro / “Esther” – initial impressions I had the opportunity to listen to the Soundaware M1 Pro as part of the recent UK and North American tours that the company have...
Bought these after receiving the Massdrop HE-350s which were just too treble-forward for my taste. I listen to a lot of music when at work. Desk space is limited, so I can't justify running an...
When i first got the Cayin iHA-6 and iDAC-6 combo and paired it with my HD800S, i wasn't too thrilled. Compared to my previous HDVD800, there was more detail present from the dac, but it came with...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I can remember when I first joined Head-Fi, I started with some pretty cheap gear, and I...
The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) - Page 396post #5926 of 71282/1/14 at 10:57pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5927 of 71282/1/14 at 11:04pmQuote:
He was referring to DJ's that also produce - and which cans they use when producing.Quote:Originally Posted by DefQon
I know few of the worlds best EDM DJ's use the HD800's for mastering and such. I know 3 local sound recording engineers that setup gigs for massive events use the HD800's as well as monitors for mastering, one of them I know personally from while back and measured my modded rev.1's.
I've never seen HD600's in studios.
"Not with the guys I've worked with over the years" doesn't mean "it doesn't happen". For live gigs, people either use customs or DT770s anyway, mostly. I've seen people use HD25ii in studios, and live. At the end of the day, It doesn't really matter, if it's a signature you are accustomed to, then you'll work best with it. As you said, it's better to have a number of references (monitors) anyway, and not just rely on one sound signature for your work.post #5928 of 71282/1/14 at 11:05pmQuote:
Oddly enough, a lot of Audio technica and Beyer Dynamic. But I deal with mostly live stuff anywaypost #5929 of 71282/1/14 at 11:10pmpost #5930 of 71282/1/14 at 11:12pmQuote:
Definitely a few surprises in their ambassador list!post #5931 of 71282/1/14 at 11:35pm
if you look up those trailer videos about upcoming video games with video game designers talking about their game, you will often see akgs, audio-technica, or sennheiser headphones on their headphones. I think the titanfall trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAjBRbL1iWk) had a lot of interesting headphone choices on designer's desks background or ears.post #5932 of 71282/1/14 at 11:37pmpost #5933 of 71282/2/14 at 12:01amJust received my new Lcd 2.2 bamboo,
When I listen to music I find myself looking for details what is good !!
Great cans !
LCD2 are presented as bass king so I try to find answer to questioning :
I have a lake people g100 it is a solid state amp (very neutral)
It brings at 60 ohms
2053 pa (mw)
11.1 ua (v)
23 ua dbu
Is it enough power ?, I feel less bass slams and quantity than with the he400's
I'm wondering if it would be useful to change the amplification
some advices would be great
Edited by TontonJoK - 2/2/14 at 12:20ampost #5934 of 71282/2/14 at 12:11am
HE-400's have more bass than LCD2's.
But LCD2's sound quality is another level of whip cream the HE-400 cannot compete with.
If you want big bang boom boom bass, hook LCD2 to vintage integrated amp and turn up that bass dial to 5 ' O clock position boy!.post #5935 of 71282/2/14 at 12:16ampost #5936 of 71282/2/14 at 12:16amThanks
The only problem is the room I have for the amp, my set up is with my p.c and the amp on my desk
Something like schiit lyr dimensions would be ok (but with no hiss or hum )
Edited by TontonJoK - 2/2/14 at 1:13ampost #5937 of 71282/2/14 at 1:36ampost #5938 of 71282/2/14 at 2:06amQuote:
Calm your t i ts bro I was blazing so I'm bit out of my usual self.
@Tonton Jok: Ophidian/Enzyme fan?post #5939 of 71282/2/14 at 2:14ampost #5940 of 71282/2/14 at 2:23amQuote:
YEP Love Ophidian/Enzyme
and others old school house hard core
Edited by TontonJoK - 2/2/14 at 2:43am
- The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 56 seconds ago
- › What book are you reading right now? 1 minute ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 1 minute ago
- › The earphone game just got a lot more SIRIUS. The new five driver... 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 4 minutes ago
- › What makes the Sennheiser 598s so bad for rock/metal? 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 4 minutes ago
- › FIIO Customer Service... 4 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 4 minutes ago
- › Official Schiit Vali 2 Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by crabdog
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by Prosie
- › Soundaware Esther by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by MaximumEnnui
- › Cayin iDAC-6 by EvenR
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Brooko
- › The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Series 3 Hifi Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › Bowers & Wilkins P3 by foobar2015
- › "PETEREK (Verbessen)" by Hawaiibadboy
- › FiiO AM2 - Medium Power Amplifier Module for X7 by howdy
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...