Yes sorry EDM producers but they are DJ's as well.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Who else suffers from very little usable range on the volume knob? Last post on 2/10/15 at 8:30am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Is the LCD-2 worth the $1k price? Last post on 3/7/15 at 7:17pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Asgard 2 dynamic range compression in high gain mode? Last post on 10/1/14 at 9:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Newbie Amp/DAC/Headphone Advice Last post on 12/13/14 at 8:10pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ordered new Audeze LCD 2s, expected 2.2s got 2.3s!!! Last post on 8/7/14 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
My colleague owns a pair of HD 580. Their sound is very versatile, bass and highs are extended perfectly. Despite that, extreme ends never flood the mids. Whatever you listen to, they will not let...
This review is for Aurisonics Rockets in ears, a little about me I am 38 years old and have been into hi-res audio since I was in middle school. I don't consider myself an audiophile like many on...
Incipio F38 Remember the famous budget cans, the RP-HTF600? They we're great once modded, and so are these! So let's talk. This won't be a Super Detailed Review. Overall Sound: Highs...
wouldn't recommend if you're going to pay for $100 or above. Reasonable price should have been around $70. The only selling point is the open soundstage, would make a goid pair for movies or...
Just purchased these to see if the review-ratings were any close to reality. Quite a bit yeah. I thought it's good to have them with you if you want to occasionally let a friend listen with...
The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) - Page 396post #5926 of 68302/1/14 at 10:57pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5927 of 68302/1/14 at 11:04pmQuote:
He was referring to DJ's that also produce - and which cans they use when producing.Quote:Originally Posted by DefQon
I know few of the worlds best EDM DJ's use the HD800's for mastering and such. I know 3 local sound recording engineers that setup gigs for massive events use the HD800's as well as monitors for mastering, one of them I know personally from while back and measured my modded rev.1's.
I've never seen HD600's in studios.
"Not with the guys I've worked with over the years" doesn't mean "it doesn't happen". For live gigs, people either use customs or DT770s anyway, mostly. I've seen people use HD25ii in studios, and live. At the end of the day, It doesn't really matter, if it's a signature you are accustomed to, then you'll work best with it. As you said, it's better to have a number of references (monitors) anyway, and not just rely on one sound signature for your work.post #5928 of 68302/1/14 at 11:05pmQuote:
Oddly enough, a lot of Audio technica and Beyer Dynamic. But I deal with mostly live stuff anywaypost #5929 of 68302/1/14 at 11:10pmpost #5930 of 68302/1/14 at 11:12pmQuote:
Definitely a few surprises in their ambassador list!post #5931 of 68302/1/14 at 11:35pm
if you look up those trailer videos about upcoming video games with video game designers talking about their game, you will often see akgs, audio-technica, or sennheiser headphones on their headphones. I think the titanfall trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAjBRbL1iWk) had a lot of interesting headphone choices on designer's desks background or ears.post #5932 of 68302/1/14 at 11:37pmpost #5933 of 68302/2/14 at 12:01amJust received my new Lcd 2.2 bamboo,
When I listen to music I find myself looking for details what is good !!
Great cans !
LCD2 are presented as bass king so I try to find answer to questioning :
I have a lake people g100 it is a solid state amp (very neutral)
It brings at 60 ohms
2053 pa (mw)
11.1 ua (v)
23 ua dbu
Is it enough power ?, I feel less bass slams and quantity than with the he400's
I'm wondering if it would be useful to change the amplification
some advices would be great
Edited by TontonJoK - 2/2/14 at 12:20ampost #5934 of 68302/2/14 at 12:11am
HE-400's have more bass than LCD2's.
But LCD2's sound quality is another level of whip cream the HE-400 cannot compete with.
If you want big bang boom boom bass, hook LCD2 to vintage integrated amp and turn up that bass dial to 5 ' O clock position boy!.post #5935 of 68302/2/14 at 12:16ampost #5936 of 68302/2/14 at 12:16amThanks
The only problem is the room I have for the amp, my set up is with my p.c and the amp on my desk
Something like schiit lyr dimensions would be ok (but with no hiss or hum )
Edited by TontonJoK - 2/2/14 at 1:13ampost #5937 of 68302/2/14 at 1:36ampost #5938 of 68302/2/14 at 2:06amQuote:
Calm your t i ts bro I was blazing so I'm bit out of my usual self.
@Tonton Jok: Ophidian/Enzyme fan?post #5939 of 68302/2/14 at 2:14ampost #5940 of 68302/2/14 at 2:23amQuote:
YEP Love Ophidian/Enzyme
and others old school house hard core
Edited by TontonJoK - 2/2/14 at 2:43am
- The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 13 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 28 seconds ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.8.0 41 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 2 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 2 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by trane1992
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Ultrasone DJ1 PRO by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2