Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Who else suffers from very little usable range on the volume knob? Last post on 2/10/15 at 8:30am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Is the LCD-2 worth the $1k price? Last post on 3/15/16 at 5:21am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Asgard 2 dynamic range compression in high gain mode? Last post on 10/1/14 at 9:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Newbie Amp/DAC/Headphone Advice Last post on 12/13/14 at 8:10pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ordered new Audeze LCD 2s, expected 2.2s got 2.3s!!! Last post on 8/7/14 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
AK Audio Super Dolphin 6BASticking a Dolphin in your ears! DisclaimerThe Super Dolphin 6BA is a loaner unit provided in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion. I have tried my best to...
This is an excellent pair of headphones, sound is very clear, and the looks are impressive. I am disappointed with the padding, hurts to wear in less then 15 minutes. Pads can be replaced though....
I've had mine for almost 5 years, still breathing and still sounds great! I've had mine short circuit for two times because and fixed it, still sounds the same. So far this is the best for me and I...
When these went on sale at massdrop I thought I was going to put one over on the man and get some really good audiophile grade headphones for $100, sadly that's not what I got when the package...
This little DAC punches way way way above its weight. I fell deep into the audiophile hole about a month ago, waiting for our 2nd son to be born. If I could be so bold, I went through a...
The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) - Page 388
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5807 of 712812/7/13 at 12:01pm
It's sounding better after some EQing. I'm glad I finally found a software EQ that's actually good.
The changes I made are:
A small reduction in the 10-15kHz range (mine is fairly extended in that area according to my personal FR graph).
A series of boosts in the areas of the upper treble to match the dips in my FR graph to make it more linear rather than recessed.
A small boost in the subbass (0-200Hz).
I'll probably do some more fiddling, but it's getting a lot better.post #5808 of 712812/12/13 at 6:28amJustin/Headamp has the LCD2 for $795? If I wasn't so pathetically broke, I'd snag a pair of vegan LCD2s... soooo good. I miss mine.post #5809 of 712812/12/13 at 7:58amQuote:
Why Vegan MLE?
Does Vegan offer more comfort than leather?post #5810 of 712812/12/13 at 11:07ampost #5811 of 712812/12/13 at 11:10am
Yes. The vegan LCD2 pads give a boost in comfort, including the vegan headband.post #5812 of 712812/12/13 at 2:44pmQuote:
The LCD-2 are 20% off for a short time startinh Dec. 13, while supplies lastpost #5813 of 712812/13/13 at 6:41amQuote:Quote:
Thanks Matt & MLE.
Do you prefer the sound with vegan or leather?post #5814 of 712812/13/13 at 6:55amHaving owned two, side by side for a brief time, I can say they sound basically identical, save for slight driver variations. Both had the same exact amount of bass, though the leather felt just a very smidge warmer, while the vegan sounded a little more airy/extended. Again, I contribute this to the very small driver variation (even Audeze's graph showed a slight difference).
Unless you had both side by side, you'd hear the LCD2 as the LCD2, regardless of which pads you had on them.post #5815 of 712812/13/13 at 7:37am
I'm not sure I could pass a blind test with vegan and leather. They are very close. The more compelling reason to choose between the two is what you find more comfortable.post #5816 of 712812/13/13 at 8:02amQuote:Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy
Having owned two, side by side for a brief time, I can say they sound basically identical, save for slight driver variations. Both had the same exact amount of bass, though the leather felt just a very smidge warmer, while the vegan sounded a little more airy/extended. Again, I contribute this to the very small driver variation (even Audeze's graph showed a slight difference).
Unless you had both side by side, you'd hear the LCD2 as the LCD2, regardless of which pads you had on them.
great! I am confident to get the vegan!post #5817 of 712812/13/13 at 1:19pm
I got mine today and I find them dramatically more comfortable than the leather version I used to have...post #5818 of 712812/14/13 at 12:44amQuote:
This and the LCD2's are over-damped like hell, eq don't work as effectively as it does on other alike transducer headphones.post #5819 of 712812/14/13 at 7:25ampost #5820 of 712812/15/13 at 3:46pm
- The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 45 seconds ago
- › Best looking tube amp 1 minute ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-M30x or 40x 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › Desktop Amp for a fiio X5/E18 + Sennheiser HD600 combo ? 3 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 4 minutes ago
- › Fidelio X2 or Sennheiser HD598? 6 minutes ago
- › Just questioning/inner talking about the AKG K712 Pro . Not owning... 6 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 7 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones -... 9 minutes ago
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer by artofmanliness
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...