Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Who else suffers from very little usable range on the volume knob? Last post on 2/10/15 at 8:30am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Is the LCD-2 worth the $1k price? Last post on 3/15/16 at 5:21am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Asgard 2 dynamic range compression in high gain mode? Last post on 10/1/14 at 9:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Newbie Amp/DAC/Headphone Advice Last post on 12/13/14 at 8:10pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ordered new Audeze LCD 2s, expected 2.2s got 2.3s!!! Last post on 8/7/14 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
-Introduction- In the audiophile world, it’s not uncommon to see products promise to deliver great things, often at prices that undercut their competitors. The community loves to take these...
So I am fairly new to the audio world. The Monoprice 8323 was my second purchase on starting to get into headphones (after Superlux HD681 EVOs). I have had these headphones for about 6 months...
LEAR LHF-AE1d Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to LEAR for the sample. Brief: All of da pretty and they sound just as good too! Price: HK$1488 or atm £146 or...
The Edifier MP700 Rave Introduction Disclaimer I was given this sample in exchange for my honest opinion and impressions. I would especially like to thank Kathryn for getting in touch for...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION I'd watched the growth of MEE Audio over the years, first as Meelectronics, and then more recently as...
The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) - Page 388
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5807 of 712812/7/13 at 12:01pm
It's sounding better after some EQing. I'm glad I finally found a software EQ that's actually good.
The changes I made are:
A small reduction in the 10-15kHz range (mine is fairly extended in that area according to my personal FR graph).
A series of boosts in the areas of the upper treble to match the dips in my FR graph to make it more linear rather than recessed.
A small boost in the subbass (0-200Hz).
I'll probably do some more fiddling, but it's getting a lot better.post #5808 of 712812/12/13 at 6:28amJustin/Headamp has the LCD2 for $795? If I wasn't so pathetically broke, I'd snag a pair of vegan LCD2s... soooo good. I miss mine.post #5809 of 712812/12/13 at 7:58amQuote:
Why Vegan MLE?
Does Vegan offer more comfort than leather?post #5810 of 712812/12/13 at 11:07ampost #5811 of 712812/12/13 at 11:10am
Yes. The vegan LCD2 pads give a boost in comfort, including the vegan headband.post #5812 of 712812/12/13 at 2:44pmQuote:
The LCD-2 are 20% off for a short time startinh Dec. 13, while supplies lastpost #5813 of 712812/13/13 at 6:41amQuote:Quote:
Thanks Matt & MLE.
Do you prefer the sound with vegan or leather?post #5814 of 712812/13/13 at 6:55amHaving owned two, side by side for a brief time, I can say they sound basically identical, save for slight driver variations. Both had the same exact amount of bass, though the leather felt just a very smidge warmer, while the vegan sounded a little more airy/extended. Again, I contribute this to the very small driver variation (even Audeze's graph showed a slight difference).
Unless you had both side by side, you'd hear the LCD2 as the LCD2, regardless of which pads you had on them.post #5815 of 712812/13/13 at 7:37am
I'm not sure I could pass a blind test with vegan and leather. They are very close. The more compelling reason to choose between the two is what you find more comfortable.post #5816 of 712812/13/13 at 8:02amQuote:Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy
Having owned two, side by side for a brief time, I can say they sound basically identical, save for slight driver variations. Both had the same exact amount of bass, though the leather felt just a very smidge warmer, while the vegan sounded a little more airy/extended. Again, I contribute this to the very small driver variation (even Audeze's graph showed a slight difference).
Unless you had both side by side, you'd hear the LCD2 as the LCD2, regardless of which pads you had on them.
great! I am confident to get the vegan!post #5817 of 712812/13/13 at 1:19pm
I got mine today and I find them dramatically more comfortable than the leather version I used to have...post #5818 of 712812/14/13 at 12:44amQuote:
This and the LCD2's are over-damped like hell, eq don't work as effectively as it does on other alike transducer headphones.post #5819 of 712812/14/13 at 7:25ampost #5820 of 712812/15/13 at 3:46pm
- The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Asus Xonar DG vs Sound Blaster E1 for ATH-M50 26 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 29 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here 1 minute ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 1 minute ago
- › MHDT Labs: R-2R NOS Tube DACs 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 2 minutes ago
- › Objectivists board room 3 minutes ago
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by Cinder
- › Monoprice Premium 8323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphone by 93EXCivic
- › LEAR LHF-AE1d hybrid fit earphones by mark2410
- › Edifier Rave MP700 by dnun8086
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by Brooko
- › Edifier P220 In-Ear Chrome Design Headphones With Microphone - Blue by Hisoundfi
- › EasGear Morul U5 Waterproof Wireless Earbuds by James Mash
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by Pastapipo
- › YHC S600 by B9Scrambler
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by dlo13
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...