Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Who else suffers from very little usable range on the volume knob? Last post on 2/10/15 at 8:30am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Is the LCD-2 worth the $1k price? Last post on 4/13/15 at 8:07am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Asgard 2 dynamic range compression in high gain mode? Last post on 10/1/14 at 9:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Newbie Amp/DAC/Headphone Advice Last post on 12/13/14 at 8:10pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ordered new Audeze LCD 2s, expected 2.2s got 2.3s!!! Last post on 8/7/14 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Design/durability: The earpiece seems very durable, although there are some light finish issues. The braided cable is one of the best in the industry: there are barely any microphonics, it feels...
Photo courtesy of Cozoy INTRODUCTION I recently tested out a couple battery-powered DAC/Amp (Cayin C5DAC and Shanling H3) solutions and the battery-free Calyx PaT DAC/Amp with the goal of...
They sound better than anything I've heard at this price point. I use these earbuds with my iPod Nano every day. The one thing that makes these things annoying as crap is the stupid cable that gets...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Inearz/Fisher Hearing for providing me with a review sample of their IE-P650 CIEM in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website:...
Creative Aurvana In-Ear 3 Plus Review Hello, my name is Oscar and this is my review of the Creative Aurvana In-Ear 3 Plus. Creative sent these to me as part of a tour and I did not pay for...
The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) - Page 388
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5807 of 706012/7/13 at 12:01pm
It's sounding better after some EQing. I'm glad I finally found a software EQ that's actually good.
The changes I made are:
A small reduction in the 10-15kHz range (mine is fairly extended in that area according to my personal FR graph).
A series of boosts in the areas of the upper treble to match the dips in my FR graph to make it more linear rather than recessed.
A small boost in the subbass (0-200Hz).
I'll probably do some more fiddling, but it's getting a lot better.post #5808 of 706012/12/13 at 6:28amJustin/Headamp has the LCD2 for $795? If I wasn't so pathetically broke, I'd snag a pair of vegan LCD2s... soooo good. I miss mine.post #5809 of 706012/12/13 at 7:58amQuote:
Why Vegan MLE?
Does Vegan offer more comfort than leather?post #5810 of 706012/12/13 at 11:07ampost #5811 of 706012/12/13 at 11:10am
Yes. The vegan LCD2 pads give a boost in comfort, including the vegan headband.post #5812 of 706012/12/13 at 2:44pmQuote:
The LCD-2 are 20% off for a short time startinh Dec. 13, while supplies lastpost #5813 of 706012/13/13 at 6:41amQuote:Quote:
Thanks Matt & MLE.
Do you prefer the sound with vegan or leather?post #5814 of 706012/13/13 at 6:55amHaving owned two, side by side for a brief time, I can say they sound basically identical, save for slight driver variations. Both had the same exact amount of bass, though the leather felt just a very smidge warmer, while the vegan sounded a little more airy/extended. Again, I contribute this to the very small driver variation (even Audeze's graph showed a slight difference).
Unless you had both side by side, you'd hear the LCD2 as the LCD2, regardless of which pads you had on them.post #5815 of 706012/13/13 at 7:37am
I'm not sure I could pass a blind test with vegan and leather. They are very close. The more compelling reason to choose between the two is what you find more comfortable.post #5816 of 706012/13/13 at 8:02amQuote:Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy
Having owned two, side by side for a brief time, I can say they sound basically identical, save for slight driver variations. Both had the same exact amount of bass, though the leather felt just a very smidge warmer, while the vegan sounded a little more airy/extended. Again, I contribute this to the very small driver variation (even Audeze's graph showed a slight difference).
Unless you had both side by side, you'd hear the LCD2 as the LCD2, regardless of which pads you had on them.
great! I am confident to get the vegan!post #5817 of 706012/13/13 at 1:19pm
I got mine today and I find them dramatically more comfortable than the leather version I used to have...post #5818 of 706012/14/13 at 12:44amQuote:
This and the LCD2's are over-damped like hell, eq don't work as effectively as it does on other alike transducer headphones.post #5819 of 706012/14/13 at 7:25ampost #5820 of 706012/15/13 at 3:46pm
- The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 15 seconds ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 19 seconds ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax SR-507 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 4 minutes ago
- › beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions. 7 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 10 minutes ago
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by nmatheis
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2