Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) - Page 387

post #5791 of 6260
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent215 View Post
 

I read that in the beginning, rosewood LCD2 were often to have cracks. However, they have fixed it recently. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks.

Also, I think the bamboo is lighter if that matters.

post #5792 of 6260

The Rosewood had a few cracks but it has to do with Rosewood being somewhat difficult to work with and not any ineptitude. I'm sure after two years they have the process nailed and it was only a very very early issue. The bamboo was introduced because it was inexpensive, they used to issue a rosewood chest that came with the cans too before going with the Pelican case. Then they started charging extra for rosewood and here we are.

post #5793 of 6260

I have had the Rosewood version for about a year and it has proven to be durable without cracks or any issues.  I think it looks better than the bamboo version.  Have not been able to compare the sounds of the 2 models.

post #5794 of 6260

I just received a bamboo lcd2.2 with vegan pads. It is a pretty sexy ass combo. I only was able to drive it with my iphone 5 and c421 because I am at work. All I can say is I am happy so far with what I am hearing. More so than the HE400 upon first listen. I think the bamboo looks sexier.

post #5795 of 6260

How do you like the look and feel of the vegan pads?  I ordered a vegan LCD-2 directly from Audeze but they sent me the leather version unfortunately...

 

Drew

post #5796 of 6260

I just got mine last night and I love them.  They sound amazing out of the WA22.  I was hoping that I'd be satisfied just hearing them powered by my DA8 but the WA22 was necessary.  It tightens everything up and opens up the soundstage.  I don't feel like they are lacking treble at all.  I stayed up entirely too late listening to them haha  All of my music sounds fresh again. =)

post #5797 of 6260

Vegan pads feel like sex.

post #5798 of 6260

Thanks for nothing!  I was trying to talk myself into keeping the leather set to avoid dealing with Audeze's return process...

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eugguy View Post
 

Vegan pads feel like sex.

post #5799 of 6260

I'm really conflicted about these headphones. For a lot of music, I prefer my modded D7000's, but every so often the LCD-2 sounds amazing on a specific song. I was about to call up the place I bought them from to return them, then I listened to Wild Song by Pavel Dovgal and now I'm really not sure.

 

What's strange is these headphones need to be played loudly, and I rarely do that.

post #5800 of 6260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taowolf51 View Post
 

I'm really conflicted about these headphones. For a lot of music, I prefer my modded D7000's, but every so often the LCD-2 sounds amazing on a specific song. I was about to call up the place I bought them from to return them, then I listened to Wild Song by Pavel Dovgal and now I'm really not sure.

 

What's strange is these headphones need to be played loudly, and I rarely do that.

That tends to be the case with most dark-sounding headphones, just because you wanna hear those high-frequency details in sufficient amounts to really get in the groove, so you have to comparably raise the volume more with cans that recess up top.

post #5801 of 6260
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post
 

That tends to be the case with most dark-sounding headphones, just because you wanna hear those high-frequency details in sufficient amounts to really get in the groove, so you have to comparably raise the volume more with cans that recess up top.

Can that be offset with a brighter/neutral sounding DAC/Amp?  

post #5802 of 6260

All I know. I slightly EQ the treble down because it gets too loud in the higher end of the spectrum. When I play them softer I have them close to baseline.

post #5803 of 6260

I have the LCD2.2s with the new leather pads. It is bright enough for me.

post #5804 of 6260
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post
 

That tends to be the case with most dark-sounding headphones, just because you wanna hear those high-frequency details in sufficient amounts to really get in the groove, so you have to comparably raise the volume more with cans that recess up top.

 

Possibly. They're bright enough for me in the 10k+ range, but that 1-9k drop may be causing my issues. I'm using a system-wide parametric EQ to try to do some corrections. We'll see how successful I am.

 

EDIT: Anyone happen to know the usual used sale price for a LCD 2.2 bamboo on the for sale forum here? If it's close to what I paid for them ($800), then I'll probably keep these and keep experimenting.


Edited by Taowolf51 - 12/6/13 at 3:48pm
post #5805 of 6260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taowolf51 View Post
 

 

Possibly. They're bright enough for me in the 10k+ range, but that 1-9k drop may be causing my issues. I'm using a system-wide parametric EQ to try to do some corrections. We'll see how successful I am.

 

EDIT: Anyone happen to know the usual used sale price for a LCD 2.2 bamboo on the for sale forum here? If it's close to what I paid for them ($800), then I'll probably keep these and keep experimenting.

With the recent sale price of $796 for brand new pair directly from Audeze, it might affect the sales price on used LCD 2.2s since there might be an expectation that the sale price will come back sometime in the future, at least next Thanksgiving for black friday.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)