I purchased a pair of LCD-2 rev 2s right after they made the switch from rev 1. They do have the straight wooden connectors, so it's possible you will see used ones that are similar.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for movies Last post on 11/20/12 at 3:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help in deciding on an AMP, DAC and headphones for around £1600 Last post on 11/16/12 at 7:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Will the SRH1840 be good for metal and rock + gaming? Last post on 10/13/12 at 7:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- choosing an open can Last post on 10/4/12 at 8:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best open headphone for rock and metal? Last post on 12/1/13 at 2:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
I just thought I'd write up a review on these headphones. They did a bit getting used to, because the reproduction of sound is so clear and even. Like getting used to a pair of studio monitors...
Its cheap, I got my blue ones for 6 dollars, it sounds good consider, and it is very light weight. I do not know why some people insist this pair is better than 50-100 dollar headphones, it's...
Well, i won't make a long review. Having the iPod Nano V6, SansaClip+, SansaClip Fuse, iAudio 6 and a mix of older Sony's, iPod's etc ... I think the best sounding player to me was the iAudio 6....
Do not buy an Astell & Kern 120. It claims 192Gb memory, but it indexes and uses only the internal memory - 64gb. The external SD cards carry files but do not show up on the device. Money spent...
Astell & Kern AKR01 Jimmy Moon at Astell & Kern was kind enough to lend me a pair of AKR01's for review. Big thanks to him. Anyways, review ahead! What are they: I notice that I haven't...
The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) - Page 381post #5701 of 583010/28/13 at 6:30pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5702 of 583010/28/13 at 6:34pmQuote:
I have Rev. 2 with straight connectors. Absolutly magnificent sounding phones.post #5703 of 583010/28/13 at 6:49pmpost #5704 of 583010/28/13 at 6:51pmpost #5705 of 583010/28/13 at 7:05pmpost #5706 of 583010/28/13 at 7:09pmQuote:
That I'm not sure. Most issues were pretty early on. And as the ones with the new angled connectors have been out for a while, your pair has been around for a while...so I wouldn't worry about them. Regardless, there's a 3 year warranty and Audeze's customer service has always been top notch!post #5707 of 583010/28/13 at 7:18pmQuote:
The rings on my Rev1 cracked and Audeze replaced them with the newer Rev2 rings that have the angled connectors ( for free). Not only that, but they offered to replace my wooden box because it had a crack on the bottom that I never actually noticed (also for free). AND, they replaced my Rev1 drivers with Rev2 drivers ( for a fee ). They did all this and I had my phones back only one week later. So, like MH said, Audeze customer service is excellent, and even if that LCD is out of warranty, I'd bet they'd fix those rings for you ( not for free )post #5708 of 583010/28/13 at 7:31pmpost #5709 of 583010/28/13 at 7:38pmpost #5710 of 583010/28/13 at 9:31pmpost #5711 of 583010/28/13 at 10:21pmQuote:
Yep, I confirmed this with Audez'e a couple weeks ago. The 2s now ship with pads made from the same memory foam as the 3s...they're very comfy.post #5712 of 583010/28/13 at 10:41pmpost #5713 of 583010/29/13 at 1:35ampost #5714 of 583010/29/13 at 4:44am
- The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Please enlighten me about DSD/SACD, DVD-A or DTS- confused 6 seconds ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 9 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 18 seconds ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 58 seconds ago
- › Headphone + HiFiMan EF2A Advice 1 minute ago
- › Looking for new DAC, suggestions please... 1 minute ago
- › Best audiophile metal and rock albums 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Dec 16th 2013 and feature poll... 2 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs C5D Headphone Amp + DAC 2 minutes ago
- › Galaxy music player power input bad. 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by Xstream
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Heir Audio 5.0 by surge
- › Philips Fidelio S1 by pignolo
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by alflying
- › Dunu DN-1000 by Brooko
- › Heir Audio 3.Ai by hapopo
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe