Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) - Page 364

post #5446 of 6496
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrobe View Post


That's not the pricing. I wish it was, though. It's 1699/1799

 

Damn that's crap guess they updated the price again or the previous source had a typo. 

 

From what I've gathered, neither the X nor the XC are being released as Audeze's next gen flagships, but judging from the prices they are to fill the void between the LCD2 and the LCD3. The LCD4 is rumoured for next year.

post #5447 of 6496
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post
 

 

Damn that's crap guess they updated the price again or the previous source had a typo. 

 

From what I've gathered, neither the X nor the XC are being released as Audeze's next gen flagships, but judging from the prices they are to fill the void between the LCD2 and the LCD3. The LCD4 is rumoured for next year.

 

The Market is craaamped now. 

 

The product cycles are also getting stupid.

 

LCD-4: $3k. $4k. Na, I'll take a Stax to go please. 


Edited by paradoxper - 10/6/13 at 5:30am
post #5448 of 6496

Yeah seriously. Even at the LCD-3 range I think about just getting the Omega 007 MK2 or a used MK1 (if I can find it). With the Yen depressed getting stuff from Japan looks even more viable these days.

post #5449 of 6496
Its true that at 2K+ prices, Audeze will be stepping into high-end Stax territory, but you have to amp that 007 with a electrostatic amp (or $500 WEE + speaker amp), while Audezes can be amped with a relatively cheap amps like Emotiva. Plus, the more "neutral" sound of LCD-X might shrink the gap between Audeze sound and Stax sound.
post #5450 of 6496
Quote:
Originally Posted by gevorg View Post

Plus, the more "neutral" sound of LCD-X might shrink the gap between Audeze sound and Stax sound.

Given the two different transducers used at hand, the Audeze will sound nothing like the Stax. But you never know. Am not impressed with the current prices of the LCD-X and LCD-XC and I'm a sucker for wood/vintage looking gear.

post #5451 of 6496
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post
 

Am not impressed with the current prices of the LCD-X and LCD-XC and I'm a sucker for wood/vintage looking gear.

 

Agreed, and metal is quicker and cheaper to mass produce too . I know I had a several month wait recently to get my brand new LCD-3s due to Audeze citing a 'parts supply issue'.

 

I wonder if they are hoping these new models will lower the demand for the LCD-3 such that they can keep up better with the demand or something like that. 

post #5452 of 6496
The LCD-X is at the same price point as the LCD-3 if you take the extra cost of the zebra wood shells into account. You can imagine the LCD-3 offered with two shell choices like the the LCD-2s--only with machined aluminum and zebra wood. It's not going to be clear for a while if the LCD-X is an evolution and improvement of the LCD-3, or an alternatively tuned variation.
post #5453 of 6496
I think we can all agree that Audeze shot themselves in the foot pricing the LCD 3s at $1000 more than the LCD 2s. It'll be interesting to see how this pans out.
post #5454 of 6496
Quote:
Originally Posted by dryvadeum View Post

I think we can all agree that Audeze shot themselves in the foot pricing the LCD 3s at $1000 more than the LCD 2s. It'll be interesting to see how this pans out.

Audeze might disagree with you on that, but I've never felt like there was a thousand dollar difference between the two headphones. I like the LCD-3, but I'd rather have an LCD-2 and an HE-6 for about the same price. There are a lot of very good headphones that complement the LCD-2 for that grand. If the LCD-X eventually replaces the LCD-3, it would mean a bigger difference in quality and a smaller difference in price.
post #5455 of 6496
I just seriously thought the LCD-X was the successor to the LCD-3.

But apparently it's not? My mind is blown.

As for it having less bass, I can somewhat see how that might be a good thing for some people who find the LCDs as being a bit heavy on the bass (certainly not my opinion, as I find the bass to be perfect on the LCD2). Less bass on the LCD-X might do away with the 'wall of sound', and give a bigger sense of space and air.

As for the closed LCD... meh, not interested, though the wood looks nice.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 10/7/13 at 12:21am
post #5456 of 6496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

I just seriously thought the LCD-X was the successor to the LCD-3.

But apparently it's not? My mind is blown.

As for it having less bass, I can somewhat see how that might be a good thing for some people who find the LCDs as being a bit heavy on the bass (certainly not my opinion, as I find the bass to be perfect on the LCD2). Less bass on the LCD-X might do away with the 'wall of sound', and give a bigger sense of space and air.

As for the closed LCD... meh, not interested, though the wood looks nice.

 

Why would it be blown? The HE-500s were released well after the HE-6s? Audeze is trying to fill in their product offerings in between the $1k - $2k price range.

post #5457 of 6496
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post

Why would it be blown? The HE-500s were released well after the HE-6s? Audeze is trying to fill in their product offerings in between the $1k - $2k price range.

After shooting themselves in the foot with the exorbitant pricing of the LCD 3 wink.gif
post #5458 of 6496

Yeh they are as I said earlier, trying to fill the gap between the 2 and 3. 

post #5459 of 6496
Quote:
Originally Posted by dryvadeum View Post


After shooting themselves in the foot with the exorbitant pricing of the LCD 3 wink.gif

 

Really? The LCD-3s seem to have sold very well...regardless of your thoughts on pricing. Next to the SR-009s, the LCD-3s are my favourite headphones and at less than 1/2 the price...:p 

 

Have you heard them?

post #5460 of 6496
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post
 

Yeh they are as I said earlier, trying to fill the gap between the 2 and 3. 

 

Exactly. :smile: 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)