Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) - Page 355

post #5311 of 6290

You can make one yourself for less than $20 worth of parts. But it doesn't hurt to buy it from a reputable cable co such as Q.

post #5312 of 6290

If your lookin for a budget amp like the 02 to match with your lcd I highly recommend the schiit magni over the 02. The magni with the mad dog and lcd-2 are tremendous values imo. 

post #5313 of 6290

I've lowered the price on my Black Dragon cable... Please someone give it a home!

post #5314 of 6290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesterphile View Post

I've lowered the price on my Black Dragon cable... Please someone give it a home!

Kick it out on the street and I'll give it a home wink.gif
post #5315 of 6290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesterphile View Post

I've lowered the price on my Black Dragon cable... Please someone give it a home!

 

Dang thats a really good deal.. 

post #5316 of 6290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Himself View Post

 

Dang thats a really good deal.. 

 

Looks like I'll just have to buy a balanced amp to use it with... No one wants to buy it

post #5317 of 6290
Buy what?
post #5318 of 6290
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

Buy what?

Some new gear to use this balanced cable I have with ;)

post #5319 of 6290
Hi all,
You all seem to know far more than I do.
I started reading some of the conversations had regarding amps for these phones. I have the revision 1, but after many many pages read I still have no idea how to go. I have heard the burson soloist and the asgard are good matches in very different price ranges.
I am after a portable with enough juice to run them.
I don't need something I can pocket, just something that can be run on a battery of sorts so I can take it from home to work and on holiday and use it without carrying adapters etc.
Any advice would be great.
I currently have an e17 which was fine for my previous headphones.
Scott
post #5320 of 6290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyd4 View Post

Hi all,
You all seem to know far more than I do.
I started reading some of the conversations had regarding amps for these phones. I have the revision 1, but after many many pages read I still have no idea how to go. I have heard the burson soloist and the asgard are good matches in very different price ranges.
I am after a portable with enough juice to run them.
I don't need something I can pocket, just something that can be run on a battery of sorts so I can take it from home to work and on holiday and use it without carrying adapters etc.
Any advice would be great.
I currently have an e17 which was fine for my previous headphones.
Scott

The Just Audio AHA-120 is a good match

post #5321 of 6290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyd4 View Post

Hi all,
You all seem to know far more than I do.
I started reading some of the conversations had regarding amps for these phones. I have the revision 1, but after many many pages read I still have no idea how to go. I have heard the burson soloist and the asgard are good matches in very different price ranges.
I am after a portable with enough juice to run them.
I don't need something I can pocket, just something that can be run on a battery of sorts so I can take it from home to work and on holiday and use it without carrying adapters etc.
Any advice would be great.
I currently have an e17 which was fine for my previous headphones.
Scott

 

What is important to know about everything else is your budget.
post #5322 of 6290
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

What is important to know about everything else is your budget.
That depends on bang for buck.
I don't want to mortgage my house but at the same time I don't want to be left wondering if I should have just stuck with the e17.
With audio stuff its dangerous to say I have no budget so given this will be my "portable" amp, let's say $400usd or there about a.
post #5323 of 6290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesterphile View Post

The Just Audio AHA-120 is a good match

Thank you for the advice. I will look into this model.

Scott
post #5324 of 6290

$400? One of the schit amp's will fit in nicely even though I did not like them much myself.

post #5325 of 6290
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

$400? One of the schit amp's will fit in nicely even though I did not like them much myself.
I will look at their range again. I didn't think they did anything portable.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)